CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 23, 2019, 12:18:44 AM

Title: 8/23/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on August 23, 2019, 12:18:44 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2019, 05:11:07 AM
Morning Sleepers and Strikers
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 23, 2019, 05:11:44 AM
Recent satellite-derived wind data indicate that a weak area of low
pressure is located between the southeastern coast of Florida and
Andros Island in the northwestern Bahamas.  The system is producing
a large area of disorganized cloudiness and showers that extend
primarily northeast of the center over the adjacent Atlantic Ocean.
The low is forecast to move near or over Florida later today, which
should limit development during the next day or so.  Environmental
conditions appear conducive for development once the system moves
back over the Atlantic waters, and a tropical depression could form
over the weekend or early next week while the low moves near the
coast of east-central Florida and then offshore of the southeastern
United States coast.  Regardless of development, locally heavy rains
are possible over the northwestern Bahamas and southern and central
Florida during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 06:13:18 AM
Good morning, SCDave.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 06:21:23 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 06:22:40 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 06:22:55 AM
Sis looking at a repeat of yesterday's deals.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 06:27:42 AM
good morning early birds.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 06:31:55 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 06:32:28 AM
good morning early birds.
Good morning, Dean and LTG.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 06:44:34 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 06:45:15 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:19:08 AM
Sis looking at a repeat of yesterday's deals.
Tony forgot to flip it.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 07:19:23 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:19:46 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
Says who?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 07:21:25 AM
Sis looking at a repeat of yesterday's deals.
Tony forgot to flip it.
Oh no, that one isn't my problem. I wound up white-knuckling it all the way home and barely flipped my own site. It was raining like a sonfabitch.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 07:22:35 AM
Sis looking at a repeat of yesterday's deals.
Tony forgot to flip it.
Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:25:12 AM
Morning SCDave, Mr. Mayor, DryinOutDean and LTG.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:29:26 AM
Today is Friday, Aug. 23, the 235th day of 2019. There are 130 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 23, 1927, amid worldwide protests, Italian-born anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were executed in Boston for the murders of two men during a 1920 robbery. (On the 50th anniversary of their executions, then-Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis issued a proclamation that Sacco and Vanzetti had been unfairly tried and convicted.)

On this date:
In 1775, Britain's King George III proclaimed the American colonies to be in a state of "open and avowed rebellion."
In 1913, Copenhagen's Little Mermaid statue, inspired by the Hans Christian Andersen story, was unveiled in the harbor of the Danish capital.
In 1914, Japan declared war against Germany in World War I.
In 1939, Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union agreed to a non-aggression treaty, the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, in Moscow.
In 1960, Broadway librettist Oscar Hammerstein (HAM'-ur-STYN') II, 65, died in Doylestown, Pennsylvania.
In 1973, a bank robbery-turned-hostage-taking began in Stockholm, Sweden; the four hostages ended up empathizing with their captors, a psychological condition now referred to as "Stockholm Syndrome."
In 1979, Soviet dancer Alexander Godunov (GUD'-u-nawf) defected while the Bolshoi Ballet was on tour in New York.
In 1982, Lebanon's parliament elected Christian militia leader Bashir Gemayel president. (However, Gemayel was assassinated some three weeks later.)
In 1999, The Dow Jones industrial average soared 199.15 to a then-record of 11,299.76.
In 2008, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama introduced his choice of running mate, Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, before a crowd outside the Old State Capitol in Springfield, Ill.
In 2003, Former priest John Geoghan (GAY'-gun), the convicted child molester whose prosecution sparked the sex abuse scandal that shook the Roman Catholic Church nationwide, died after another inmate attacked him in a Massachusetts prison.
In 2013, a military jury convicted Maj. Nidal Hasan in the deadly 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, that claimed 13 lives; the Army psychiatrist was later sentenced to death. Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, the U.S. soldier who'd massacred 16 Afghan civilians, was sentenced at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington, to life in prison with no chance of parole.

Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:30:50 AM
Ten years ago: Reality TV contestant Ryan Jenkins, suspected of killing his wife, former model Jasmine Fiore (fee-OR'-ee), was found hanging in a motel in Hope, British Columbia, Canada, an apparent suicide. Eric Bruntlett turned an unassisted triple play to finish Philadelphia's wild 9-7 victory over the New York Mets. Stefania Fernandez, Miss Venezuela, won the 2009 Miss Universe pageant in the Bahamas; she succeeded fellow Venezuelan Dayana Mendoza, the previous year's winner.

Five years ago: Israel bombed an apartment tower in downtown Gaza City, collapsing the 12-story building in an unprecedented strike. Hundreds of Russian aid trucks returned home from eastern Ukraine, a day after a bitterly disputed crossing.

One year ago: Mark David Chapman, the killer of former Beatle John Lennon, was denied parole for a 10th time. The long-running rift between President Donald Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions exploded into a public smackdown, with Trump accusing Sessions of failing to take control of the Justice Department and Sessions responding that he "will not be improperly influenced by political considerations." The United States and China imposed tariff increases on an additional $16 billion of each other's goods.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: sfish on August 23, 2019, 07:33:46 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
GFY!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 07:34:26 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:35:06 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actress Vera Miles is 89.
Actress Barbara Eden is 88.
Political satirist Mark Russell is 87.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Sonny Jurgensen is 85.
Actor Richard Sanders is 79.
Ballet dancer Patricia McBride is 77.
Former Surgeon General Antonia Novello is 75.
Pro Football Hall of Famer Rayfield Wright is 74.
Country singer Rex Allen Jr. is 72.
Actor David Robb is 72.
Singer Linda Thompson is 72.
Actress Shelley Long is 70.
Actor-singer Rick Springfield is 70.
Country singer-musician Woody Paul (Riders in the Sky) is 70.
Queen Noor of Jordan is 68.
Actor-producer Mark Hudson is 68.
Actor Skipp Sudduth is 63.
Retired MLB All-Star pitcher Mike Boddicker is 62.
Rock musician Dean DeLeo (Army of Anyone; Stone Temple Pilots) is 58.
Country musician Ira Dean (Trick Pony) is 50.
Actor Jay Mohr is 49.
Actor Ray Park is 45.
Actor Scott Caan is 43.
Country singer Shelly Fairchild is 42.
Figure skater Nicole Bobek (BOH'-bek) is 42.
Rock singer Julian Casablancas (The Strokes) is 41.
Retired NBA player Kobe Bryant is 41.
Actress Joanne Froggatt is 39.
Actress Jaime Lee Kirchner is 38.
Neo-soul musician Andy Wild (Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats) is 38.
Actress Annie Ilonzeh is 36.
Dance musician Sky Blu is 33.
Actress Kimberly Matula is 31.
NBA player Jeremy Lin is 31.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 07:35:07 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:38:25 AM
Thought for Today: "All life is a concatenation of ephemeralities." — Alfred E. Kahn, American economist (1917-2010).
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:38:51 AM
Thought for Today: "All life is a concatenation of ephemeralities." — Alfred E. Kahn, American economist (1917-2010).
concatenation
[kənˌkatnˈāSH(ə)n]

NOUN
a series of interconnected things or events.
"a singular concatenation of events unlikely to recur"
synonyms:
series · sequence · succession · chain · string · train · course · progression · nexus
the action of linking things together in a series.
"the concatenation of lists"
synonyms:
combination · amalgamation · incorporation · unification · consolidation · merger · fusing · blending · meshing · homogenization · homogenizing · coalescing · assimilation
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 07:39:50 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
Says who?
Me, obviously.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:41:54 AM
Thought for Today: "All life is a concatenation of ephemeralities." — Alfred E. Kahn, American economist (1917-2010).
ephemerality[ ih-fem-uh-ral-i-tee ]

noun, plural e·phem·er·al·i·ties for 2.
the quality or condition of being ephemeral.
something transitory.

RELATED WORDS
flesh, being, humankind, humanity, transience, impermanence, temporality, condensation, economy, transitoriness, terseness, conciseness, crispness, concision, pithiness, succinctness, curtness
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 07:41:59 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:42:56 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
Says who?
Me, obviously.
Hits 20K and all of a sudden becomes pompous and judgmental.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 07:44:45 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Nice flash from the past!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 07:44:45 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
Says who?
Me, obviously.
Hits 20K and all of a sudden becomes pompous and judgmental.
I guess you must've missed the first 19,999 posts then?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 07:48:56 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 07:53:35 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Yeah, grilling in the parking lot outside the resort. We've sure come a long way since then.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: sfish on August 23, 2019, 07:56:29 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
I love the bottom pic where Pete is pointing you out to the authorities
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: sfish on August 23, 2019, 07:57:44 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
Quite the motley group there.
Says who?
Me, obviously.
Hits 20K and all of a sudden becomes pompous and judgmental.
He possessed those characteristics well before 20K
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 07:58:14 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
I love the bottom pic where Pete is pointing you out to the authorities
..... and the Order of Protection. 😂
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 07:58:24 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
I love the bottom pic where Pete is pointing you out to the authorities
You can see the fear in his eyes.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:00:06 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 08:01:26 AM
I really miss Barry.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 08:02:44 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
.... and all you guys scrambling to give up your seats so the two cigar girls could sit down.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:06:24 AM
Have and end of summer herf and wake up to what feels like a rainy October morning....65 degrees, sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:06:46 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:08:19 AM
Have and end of summer herf and wake up to what feels like a rainy October morning....65 degrees, sheesh.
Had the doors and windows open all night. Feels great.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: sfish on August 23, 2019, 08:10:37 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:11:51 AM
Carli Lloyd nails a 55 yard field goal at Eagles practice!
NFL?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carli-lloyd-ive-definitely-got-some-inquiries-in-nfl-after-55-yard-field-goal/ar-AAGbMMK?ocid=spartanntp
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:13:08 AM
Carli Lloyd nails a 55 yard field goal at Eagles practice!
NFL?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carli-lloyd-ive-definitely-got-some-inquiries-in-nfl-after-55-yard-field-goal/ar-AAGbMMK?ocid=spartanntp
We'll take her. Since Dawson left, we haven't been able to find a reliable kicker.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:13:49 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
And what was the conclusion of your esteemed group of gentlemen?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: sfish on August 23, 2019, 08:26:22 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
And what was the conclusion of your esteemed group of gentlemen?
Same, no explanation and very mysterious
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 08:34:28 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Well I'm in none of those photos, but yeah.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 08:35:13 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
That's much better!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 08:36:45 AM
Thought for Today: "All life is a concatenation of ephemeralities." — Alfred E. Kahn, American economist (1917-2010).
ephemerality[ ih-fem-uh-ral-i-tee ]

noun, plural e·phem·er·al·i·ties for 2.
the quality or condition of being ephemeral.
something transitory.

RELATED WORDS
flesh, being, humankind, humanity, transience, impermanence, temporality, condensation, economy, transitoriness, terseness, conciseness, crispness, concision, pithiness, succinctness, curtness
I appreciated the help on this one.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:37:48 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
And what was the conclusion of your esteemed group of gentlemen?
Same, no explanation and very mysterious
What happens at John's (or Somerville) stays there.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:40:07 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
And what was the conclusion of your esteemed group of gentlemen?
Same, no explanation and very mysterious
What happens at John's (or Somerville) stays there.
I assume this rule was put into place AFTER the white whale incident?  ;D
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 08:41:40 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
SoonerJeff was in one of those photos. Was that the same CF as when Mark showed up? I don't believe so.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:48:39 AM
College football kicks off tomorrow!

...and goes full bore next Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
I'm a happy man!

Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 08:49:04 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
That's much better!
when the limit is 3, one needs to prioritize.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:49:05 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
SoonerJeff was in one of those photos. Was that the same CF as when Mark showed up? I don't believe so.
I think Mark was a couple years later, cause we had the Split Rock house then. We didn't have that the year Jeff was there.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:49:25 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
SoonerJeff was in one of those photos. Was that the same CF as when Mark showed up? I don't believe so.
That was the next year.  Equally momentous event.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 08:50:01 AM
College football kicks off tomorrow!

...and goes full bore next Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
I'm a happy man!
I'd be a happy man if I never saw a dab emoji the rest of my life!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 08:50:11 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
And what was the conclusion of your esteemed group of gentlemen?
Same, no explanation and very mysterious
What happens at John's (or Somerville) stays there.
I assume this rule was put into place AFTER the white whale incident?  ;D
Well, there's that...
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 08:52:14 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
SoonerJeff was in one of those photos. Was that the same CF as when Mark showed up? I don't believe so.
I've never met Mark. Sly, yes.
2013?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 09:02:34 AM
We had a nice NJ herf yesterday. Great cigars, food, and drinks for a great group of guys.
Sounds like a swell time. Who was there?
Scott, NJDave, John, and John. Non-John couldn't make it.
sounds like a good time.
Were your ears ringing? We brought up that CigarFest where everyone showed up... Even you.
you mean this one?
Wow, lots of flashes from the past there.
yep. remember Tony's flank steaks and me giving Charlie my Titleist hat and Brad not sharing his AJ cigars?
Or Brad inviting that 17 or so year old cigar girl over...
SoonerJeff was in one of those photos. Was that the same CF as when Mark showed up? I don't believe so.
I've never met Mark. Sly, yes.
2013?
Earliest Mark would've been there was 2014. My first year was 2011, and I made the trip solo. The next 2 years at least, I was with Nate, but we stayed at a Days Inn or something right along that main road. So 2014 would've been the first possible year for the house.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 09:08:00 AM
I really miss Barry.
Definitely gone too soon, and still a mystery as to what happened, as far as I know.
We talked about that last night
And what was the conclusion of your esteemed group of gentlemen?
Same, no explanation and very mysterious
What happens at John's (or Somerville) stays there.
I assume this rule was put into place AFTER the white whale incident?  ;D
Well, there's that...
I have to disagree there. The only thing better would be to see Dave actually dabbing.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 09:18:58 AM
[...]
my picture calendar says April 26, 27, 28, 2013. my birthday weekend.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 09:20:02 AM
[...]
Your pictures, yes. I was referring to the year Mark was there.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 09:32:40 AM
[...]
well, I know when he wasn't. 😂
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 09:46:23 AM
going to be another sun day. 🌞clam sauce built, will probably try egg noodles tonight. and I have laundry that needs folding and putting away.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 09:47:16 AM
going to be another sun day. clam sauce built, will probably try egg noodles tonight. and I have laundry that needs folding and putting away.
So you're too busy for us?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 09:57:03 AM
going to be another sun day. clam sauce built, will probably try egg noodles tonight. and I have laundry that needs folding and putting away.
So you're too busy for us?
I have an extremely difficult time seeing my phone screen in bright sun. so yeah, I guess so. or I'll be sporatic.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 10:07:01 AM
..... or as sporatic as most others here.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 10:22:46 AM
..... or as sporatic as most others here.
Exactly. Don't sweat it. This is supposed to be fun and educational. Not work.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 10:37:41 AM
..... or as sporatic as most others here.
Exactly. Don't sweat it. This is supposed to be fun and educational. Not work.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 11:06:08 AM
Happy Friday from the CommieCoast.  Stopped to get a couple bottles of water and breakfast bar yesterday afternoon and was told no plastic bag allowed and $0.10 for a paper bag.  Fk'n commies, I can do without a bag and make two trips from the car.  I guess that's their point. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 11:06:52 AM
And looking forward to letting someone else top off my rental car gas later today.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 11:08:33 AM
60 deg's out right now. Am going to miss this cool weather.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 11:10:09 AM
Happy Friday from the CommieCoast.  Stopped to get a couple bottles of water and breakfast bar yesterday afternoon and was told no plastic bag allowed and $0.10 for a paper bag.  Fk'n commies, I can do without a bag and make two trips from the car.  I guess that's their point. Sheesh.
Our county is eliminating plastic bags completely starting next year.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 11:12:30 AM
[...]
I'm not sure what year I was at CF.  The party was at the house, Nate was there, and Tony & Charlie were late.  That should narrow it down.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: sfish on August 23, 2019, 11:19:43 AM
[...]
It was 2015 according to my PM's with LTG
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 11:32:15 AM
[...]
LALTS
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 12:42:33 PM
Easy catch-up after lunch.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 12:44:39 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 01:15:59 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
70 feels like 72 here.  8)
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 01:16:32 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
70 feels like 72 here.  8)
And only 58 tomorrow morning at tee time. Might have to leave the shorts at home for this one.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 01:31:23 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
70 feels like 72 here.  8)
And only 58 tomorrow morning at tee time. Might have to leave the shorts at home for this one.
frigid winter weather.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 01:41:10 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
70 feels like 72 here.  8)
And only 58 tomorrow morning at tee time. Might have to leave the shorts at home for this one.
frigid winter weather.
My A/C unit is certainly enjoying the break.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 01:49:58 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
70 feels like 72 here.  8)
And only 58 tomorrow morning at tee time. Might have to leave the shorts at home for this one.
Don't forget to put on the long pants.  Wouldn't want to get your putter tangled up with your driver.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 01:51:14 PM
HOT. heat index 105° and climbing.
70 feels like 72 here.  8)
And only 58 tomorrow morning at tee time. Might have to leave the shorts at home for this one.
Don't forget to put on the long pants.  Wouldn't want to get your putter tangled up with your driver.
Hi-yo!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 23, 2019, 02:16:06 PM
Enjoy the weekend, all. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 02:47:41 PM
Dang work! Don't they understand I have bantering to do.

But I'm all caught up now...

GFY Bean!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 03:01:18 PM
Enjoy the weekend, all. Hazzuh!
hit em gay tomorrow.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 03:08:18 PM
Dang work! Don't they understand I have bantering to do.

But I'm all caught up now...

GFY Bean!
Took you long enough. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 03:13:29 PM
Dang work! Don't they understand I have bantering to do.

But I'm all caught up now...

GFY Bean!
Took you long enough. Sheesh.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 03:30:06 PM
cats - 1
lizards - 0
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 03:42:58 PM
I wouldn't want a cat playing with my lizard. That's one rough tongue.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 03:54:15 PM
SBC offerings for the day:

Liga Time!

Starting now until tomorrow at midnight, enjoy a three tiered special on all Liga Privada. The second tier will have one DE BOTL Lancero giveaway and the final tier includes a three-pack giveaway (pictured below). Sadly None of the cigars in the final tier will be available for purchase.

Liga Pack (LIGA400 CODE)
1 x Joya Numero Uno
1 x No. 9 Box Pressed Toro (DE Lounge Exclusive)
1 x Liga Privada 10th Aniversario
(None of the cigars listed above will be available for purchase)

CODE: LIGA = 17% off plus 5% reward points (no minimum)

CODE: LIGA150 = 20% off with 5% reward points plus one DE BOTL 2019 Lancero on orders $150+

CODE: LIGA400 = 25% off with 5% reward points plus a Liga pack on orders $400+ (10 uses available)
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 03:57:30 PM
I wouldn't want a cat playing with my lizard. That's one rough tongue.
Dean manages most of the pussy play for the banter anyway.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 03:57:58 PM
Gonna get home around 2 AM again Bean?
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 23, 2019, 04:30:29 PM
I wouldn't want a cat playing with my lizard. That's one rough tongue.
Dean manages most of the pussy play for the banter anyway.
not anymore.
only cats.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 04:36:36 PM
Gonna get home around 2 AM again Bean?
If flights are on time, about 1:30 am.   So, yeah...
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 04:37:23 PM
And with that time for me to pack up and head for the FUskies. Adios, mofos.  Will check back with a gate rack report if warranted.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 05:00:32 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 05:19:12 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 06:43:15 PM
Gate rack report is a solid meh.  But departure appears to be on time, so it's all good.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 06:45:16 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 06:57:47 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
Old location but brand fukkin new photo.  GFY Bean!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 09:09:32 PM
Bean in transit lull...
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 09:19:07 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
You missed the point. We were herfing on that back porch less than 24 hours go.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 09:27:30 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
You missed the point. We were herfing on that back porch less than 24 hours go.
And I was to know that how? GFY!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 09:28:47 PM
San Jose airport terminal. This is the finished product.   WTF?  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190824/38e6a0d92213e86b08f4905b08693af9.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 23, 2019, 09:33:52 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
You missed the point. We were herfing on that back porch less than 24 hours go.
And I was to know that how? GFY!
Pay attention dammit.  If you had scheduled your travel better, you could have been on the east coast and invited to the NJ summer end herf as well.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 23, 2019, 09:45:04 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
You missed the point. We were herfing on that back porch less than 24 hours go.
And I was to know that how? GFY!
Pay attention dammit.  If you had scheduled your travel better, you could have been on the east coast and invited to the NJ summer end herf as well.
I'm sure my invitation was lost in the mail with my recent change of address.
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 10:10:02 PM
Bean commute cigar. La Palina Bronze.
That porch looks awfully familiar.
NJSCDave is trying to pull a fast one and using an old photo?  Sure glad you're on top of it, Mr Mayor.  If not we could have Russian bots or something.
You missed the point. We were herfing on that back porch less than 24 hours go.
And I was to know that how? GFY!
Title: Re: 8/23/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 23, 2019, 10:12:32 PM
San Jose airport terminal. This is the finished product.   WTF?  (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190824/38e6a0d92213e86b08f4905b08693af9.jpg)
They're minimalists.