CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 28, 2020, 12:00:24 AM

Title: 6/28/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on June 28, 2020, 12:00:24 AM
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2020, 06:10:00 AM
Oh man... I slept like crap. I'm getting tired of the fireworks every night it's like the 4th of July around here.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2020, 07:28:10 AM
Oh man... I slept like crap. I'm getting tired of the fireworks every night it's like the 4th of July around here.
morning Rick. fireworks are legal here and sold year round. people don't need a holiday to make fools of themselves and keep people awake. usually the 4th of July brings out the gunfire too.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2020, 07:34:19 AM
Oh man... I slept like crap. I'm getting tired of the fireworks every night it's like the 4th of July around here.
morning Rick. fireworks are legal here and sold year round. people don't need a holiday to make fools of themselves and keep people awake. usually the 4th of July brings out the gunfire too.
Good morning Dean. I just watched on the news a few days ago a PA shop saying this was their busiest year. Many are taking the short ride. Every night people are doing fireworks and bonfires. My dogs are bothered by the loud noises. This Rona is gonna get worse from all the parties I see passing by. I don't think the police give a hoot this year.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2020, 07:48:32 AM
Oh man... I slept like crap. I'm getting tired of the fireworks every night it's like the 4th of July around here.
morning Rick. fireworks are legal here and sold year round. people don't need a holiday to make fools of themselves and keep people awake. usually the 4th of July brings out the gunfire too.
Good morning Dean. I just watched on the news a few days ago a PA shop saying this was their busiest year. Many are taking the short ride. Every night people are doing fireworks and bonfires. My dogs are bothered by the loud noises. This Rona is gonna get worse from all the parties I see passing by. I don't think the police give a hoot this year.
my cats get spooked too. cops here just don't bother. the virus here is really jumping. glad I waited when everything started opening up. being quarentined for over 3 months now sucks. I've changed my trip to NY from April, for my grandson's birthday, to May for my daughters wedding anniversary, to June for my oldest daughters engagement, so now I had enough. I imagine this will be my last trip up unless there is a death in the family. I'm getting too old and my health doesn't help.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2020, 08:32:39 AM
[...]
I hear ya. All I do is work or hang around the house and yard. Go for bike rides, etc.The college is trying to open up and they have yet to call all the staff back. There will be cuts and it will only make my job more demanding. I don't care about parties just the family. I lost one of my dogs last week. Still really bummed.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 08:35:49 AM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 08:37:56 AM
Not noticing unusually high usage of fireworks in these parts but then again, I don't notice much.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2020, 08:41:00 AM
[...]
sorry about your dog Rick.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2020, 08:42:30 AM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
morning Tony.
hey is the U.N. in D.C. that's slated for statehood?
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 09:08:45 AM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
morning Tony.
hey is the U.N. in D.C. that's slated for statehood?
There are UN offices everywhere. I know of at least one agency headquartered in D.C; the Pan American Health Organization which is a subsidiary of WHO.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2020, 09:14:35 AM
[...]
Thank you Dean
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2020, 09:16:00 AM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 09:33:47 AM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Not entirely sure yet. May spend some time getting my tax documents together. Just put the bacon in the oven so my immediate plans include breakfast.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2020, 10:08:10 AM
I am in the process of cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming floors. half the counters are done, along with the stove. but now I see it's cigar and coffee time.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 10:16:08 AM
I am in the process of cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming floors. half the counters are done, along with the stove. but now I see it's cigar and coffee time.
Splitting up the work like that makes lots of sense. Nice job.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:24:40 AM
[...]
At least you will be going from hot spot where nobody is going to be told what to do, to a safer spot where people are willing to use common sense.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:27:21 AM
I am in the process of cleaning the kitchen and vacuuming floors. half the counters are done, along with the stove. but now I see it's cigar and coffee time.
So things are looking up!
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:30:28 AM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Not entirely sure yet. May spend some time getting my tax documents together. Just put the bacon in the oven so my immediate plans include breakfast.
My taxes are a mess this year, two states, layoff and severance, unemployment, 401K withdrawls, house sales and purchases....should have gotten stuff to the accountant earlier.  Even with the three month COVID extension, looks like I will be extending even further.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:32:09 AM
MOW Maduro at the Sis.  Back in the day I used to buy MOW samplers just to get this cigar.  It is a tasty one.

Man O' War Special-Edition Maduro Perfecto
(6.0"x56)Pack of 10
$49.99
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:32:59 AM
From SBC today:

Weekend Special!
Starting now until tomorrow at midnight we have two specials on the four categories below.

Aging Room
H. Upmann
Montecristo
Romeo y Julita

CODE: WEEKEND = 25% off plus 5% reward points on above categories no minimum.

CODE: WEEKEND120 = 35% off plus 5% reward points on above categories on orders $120 or more.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:35:03 AM
Now on to my regular banter chores...
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 10:42:49 AM

Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Not entirely sure yet. May spend some time getting my tax documents together. Just put the bacon in the oven so my immediate plans include breakfast.
My taxes are a mess this year, two states, layoff and severance, unemployment, 401K withdrawls, house sales and purchases....should have gotten stuff to the accountant earlier.  Even with the three month COVID extension, looks like I will be extending even further.

I can't imagine. When I got laid off in 2016 those taxes completely effed me. I do not envy you at all.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:43:57 AM
Today is Sunday, June 28, the 180th day of 2020. There are 186 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlights in History:

On June 28, 1919, the Treaty of Versailles (vehr-SY’) was signed in France, ending the First World War.

On this date:

In 1838, Britain’s Queen Victoria was crowned in Westminster Abbey.

In 1863, during the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln appointed Maj. Gen. George G. Meade the new commander of the Army of the Potomac, following the resignation of Maj. Gen. Joseph Hooker.

In 1914, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife, Sophie, were shot to death in Sarajevo (sah-ruh-YAY’-voh) by Serb nationalist Gavrilo Princip (gavh-REE’-loh PREEN’-seep) — an act which sparked World War I.

In 1939, Pan American Airways began regular trans-Atlantic air service with a flight that departed New York for Marseilles (mar-SAY’), France.

In 1940, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Alien Registration Act, also known as the Smith Act, which required adult foreigners residing in the U.S. to be registered and fingerprinted.

In 1964, civil rights activist Malcolm X declared, “We want equality by any means necessary” during the Founding Rally of the Organization of Afro-American Unity in New York.

In 1968, President Lyndon Johnson signed the Uniform Monday Holiday Bill, which moved commemorations for Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day and Veterans Day to Monday, creating three-day holiday weekends beginning in 1971.

In 1975, screenwriter, producer and actor Rod Serling, 50, creator of “The Twilight Zone,” died in Rochester, New York.

In 1978, the Supreme Court ordered the University of California-Davis Medical School to admit Allan Bakke (BAH’-kee), a white man who argued he’d been a victim of reverse racial discrimination.

In 1994, President Bill Clinton became the first chief executive in U.S. history to set up a personal legal defense fund and ask Americans to contribute to it.

In 2000, seven months after he was cast adrift in the Florida Straits, Elian Gonzalez was returned to his native Cuba.

In 2013, tens of thousands of supporters and opponents of President Mohammed Morsi rallied in Cairo, and both sides fought each other in Egypt’s second-largest city of Alexandria, where two people — including an American — were killed and scores injured. The four plaintiffs in the U.S. Supreme Court case that overturned California’s same-sex marriage ban tied the knot, just hours after a federal appeals court freed gay couples to obtain marriage licenses in the state for the first time in 4 1/2 years.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:44:34 AM
Ten years ago: Sen. Robert C. Byrd, D-W.Va., the longest-serving senator in the nation’s history, died in Falls Church, Virginia, at 92. The Senate Judiciary Committee opened its confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan. The Supreme Court ruled, 5-4, that Americans had the right to own a gun for self-defense anywhere they lived. The FBI announced the arrests of 10 suspected deep-cover agents, including Anna Chapman, the chic 28-year-old daughter of a Russian diplomat. (All 10 were later returned to Russia in a swap.)

Five years ago: Authorities in upstate New York captured David Sweat, one of two convicted murderers who’d escaped from the Clinton Correctional Facility on June 6; Sweat was apprehended two days after his fellow escapee, Richard Matt, was shot and killed in a confrontation with law enforcement. After 18 straight successful launches, SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket broke apart minutes after soaring away from Cape Canaveral, Florida, while carrying supplies for the International Space Station. Comedian Jack Carter, 93, died in Beverly Hills, California.

One year ago: Avowed white supremacist James Alex Fields, who deliberately drove his car into a crowd of counterprotesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing a young woman and injuring dozens, apologized to his victims before being sentenced to life in prison on federal hate crime charges. President Donald Trump joked with Russian President Vladimir Putin about interfering in U.S. elections as the two met on the sidelines of an international summit in Japan. The U.S. team advanced to meet England in the semifinals of the Women’s World Cup soccer tournament with a 2-1 victory over France. Thousands converged on New York’s Stonewall Inn for the 50th anniversary of a clash between patrons and police; the rebellion served as a catalyst for the gay rights movement.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:47:07 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Comedian-movie director Mel Brooks is 94.
Former Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., is 86.
Comedian-impressionist John Byner is 83.
Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is 82.
Rock musician Dave Knights (Procul Harum) is 75.
Actor Bruce Davison is 74.
Actress Kathy Bates is 72.
Actress Alice Krige is 66.
College and Pro Football Hall of Famer John Elway is 60.
Record company chief executive Tony Mercedes is 58.
Jazz singer Tierney Sutton is 57.
Actress Jessica Hecht is 55.
Rock musician Saul Davies (James) is 55.
Actress Mary Stuart Masterson is 54.
Actor John Cusack is 54.
Actor Gil Bellows is 53.
Actress-singer Danielle Brisebois is 51.
Jazz musician Jimmy Sommers is 51.
Actress Tichina Arnold is 51.
Actor Steve Burton is 50.
Entrepreneur Elon Musk is 49.
Actor Alessandro Nivola (nih-VOH’-luh) is 48.
Actress Camille Guaty is 44.
Rock musician Tim Nordwind (OK Go) is 44.
musician Mark Stoermer (The Killers) is 43.
Country singer Big Vinny Hickerson (Trailer Choir) is 37.
Country singer Kellie Pickler is 34.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 10:48:13 AM
Morning Tony, Rick and QuaranDean.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on June 28, 2020, 10:51:44 AM
Morning Tony, Rick and QuaranDean.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 10:53:58 AM
Morning Tony, Rick and QuaranDean.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: bluecollar on June 28, 2020, 10:55:01 AM
Morning Tony, Rick and QuaranDean.
Good morning Clemson Dave.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 28, 2020, 12:23:44 PM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Not entirely sure yet. May spend some time getting my tax documents together. Just put the bacon in the oven so my immediate plans include breakfast.
My taxes are a mess this year, two states, layoff and severance, unemployment, 401K withdrawls, house sales and purchases....should have gotten stuff to the accountant earlier.  Even with the three month COVID extension, looks like I will be extending even further.
what are taxes?
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 12:29:09 PM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Not entirely sure yet. May spend some time getting my tax documents together. Just put the bacon in the oven so my immediate plans include breakfast.
My taxes are a mess this year, two states, layoff and severance, unemployment, 401K withdrawls, house sales and purchases....should have gotten stuff to the accountant earlier.  Even with the three month COVID extension, looks like I will be extending even further.
what are taxes?
Reverse economic stimulus.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on June 28, 2020, 12:46:17 PM
Can’t post pix?
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 01:00:07 PM
Can’t post pix?
Testing...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/c28bfba5dc069df72a8c1a547911aaad.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 01:01:59 PM
Can’t post pix?
Testing...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/c28bfba5dc069df72a8c1a547911aaad.jpg)
I'd try logging out and back in again. Don't believe there are any issues with the site.

Side note: my daughter made this cake a few weeks ago. It tasted a heck of a lot better than it looked.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 28, 2020, 01:52:07 PM
Can’t post pix?
Testing...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/c28bfba5dc069df72a8c1a547911aaad.jpg)
I'd try logging out and back in again. Don't believe there are any issues with the site.

Side note: my daughter made this cake a few weeks ago. It tasted a heck of a lot better than it looked.
Wow, with sprinkles.  Good afternoon, WinnerTony.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 04:48:50 PM
Can’t post pix?
Testing...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/c28bfba5dc069df72a8c1a547911aaad.jpg)
I'd try logging out and back in again. Don't believe there are any issues with the site.

Side note: my daughter made this cake a few weeks ago. It tasted a heck of a lot better than it looked.
Wow, with sprinkles.  Good afternoon, WinnerTony.
I did get a nice slice but it wasn't my cake. Does that still imply I'm a winner?
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 08:27:07 PM
Can’t post pix?
Testing...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/c28bfba5dc069df72a8c1a547911aaad.jpg)
I'd try logging out and back in again. Don't believe there are any issues with the site.

Side note: my daughter made this cake a few weeks ago. It tasted a heck of a lot better than it looked.
Wow, with sprinkles.  Good afternoon, WinnerTony.
I did get a nice slice but it wasn't my cake. Does that still imply I'm a winner?
Tony, you get a slice, consider yourself a winner!
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 08:36:53 PM
Can’t post pix?
Havent been able either. Mostly in the evenings.
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 28, 2020, 08:38:38 PM
Good morning, Dean and Rick.
Good morning Mr Mayor. What's in store for you today?
Not entirely sure yet. May spend some time getting my tax documents together. Just put the bacon in the oven so my immediate plans include breakfast.
My taxes are a mess this year, two states, layoff and severance, unemployment, 401K withdrawls, house sales and purchases....should have gotten stuff to the accountant earlier.  Even with the three month COVID extension, looks like I will be extending even further.
what are taxes?
Reverse economic stimulus.
Somebody has to pay for all those checks other people got...😒
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: Threebean on June 28, 2020, 09:01:37 PM
Can’t post pix?
Testing...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/c28bfba5dc069df72a8c1a547911aaad.jpg)
I'd try logging out and back in again. Don't believe there are any issues with the site.

Side note: my daughter made this cake a few weeks ago. It tasted a heck of a lot better than it looked.
Wow, with sprinkles.  Good afternoon, WinnerTony.
I did get a nice slice but it wasn't my cake. Does that still imply I'm a winner?
You got some, so you're a winner.  ;)
Title: Re: 6/28/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 28, 2020, 09:31:22 PM
Can’t post pix?
Havent been able either. Mostly in the evenings.
That's so strange. I can't see any possible reason for it.