CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on November 04, 2018, 12:01:04 AM

Title: 11/4/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on November 04, 2018, 12:01:04 AM
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 04, 2018, 06:32:25 AM
Sunlight! Hope you all used that extra hour to catch up on some sleep. I know I did.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 06:35:10 AM
Sunlight! Hope you all used that extra hour to catch up on some sleep. I know I did.
good morning Tony. when you're retired time is relative.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 06:40:13 AM
Short Story and coffee before I load up the truck for our Gratitude Dinner.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 06:47:21 AM

Dream Job Alert: Get paid $100 an hour to play with puppies
WFLA 8 On Your Side Staff·15 hours ago
Calling all dog lovers! Do we have a dream job for you.

Mutts Canine Cantina, a dog-friendly restaurant, bar and dog park in Texas is looking for a "puptern" to play with puppies. And get this-the lucky person chosen to carry out this role will earn $100 an hour for their service.

"Show us your puppy petting skills! Do you have what it takes to be the first-ever MUTTS Puptern at our brand new location in Fort Worth?" a post on the company's Instagram page reads. "Post a photo or video by 11/12 that shows us your puppy petting skills and use #MUTTSpuptern and tag @muttscantina for a chance to be hired as our Puptern and get PAID $100 per hour to pet puppies at our new location!"

It may sound to good to be true, but the job is legitimate, according to ABC News.

The owner, Kyle Noonan told the network it's like a maitre d' but for dogs and that he "wants the dogs to get to know the person so that their tail is wagging every time they see their host and friend."

Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 06:48:14 AM
https://halfwheel.com/micallef-grande-bold-ligero-552l/283981
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 06:48:57 AM
https://halfwheel.com/xikar-verano/284125
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 06:49:51 AM
https://halfwheel.com/davidoff-adds-two-color-options-travel-humidor/284130
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 06:51:32 AM
Morning Tony and Dean.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 06:54:04 AM
Today is Sunday, Nov. 4, the 308th day of 2018.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Nov. 4, 1979, the Iran hostage crisis began as militants stormed the United States Embassy in Tehran, seizing its occupants; for some of them, it was the start of 444 days of captivity.

On this date:
In 1879, humorist Will Rogers was born in Oologah, Oklahoma.
In 1922, the entrance to King Tutankhamen’s tomb was discovered in Egypt.
In 1939, the United States modified its neutrality stance in World War II, allowing “cash and carry” purchases of arms by belligerents, a policy favoring Britain and France.
In 1942, during World War II, Axis forces retreated from El Alamein in North Africa in a major victory for British forces commanded by Lt. Gen. Bernard Montgomery.
In 1956, Soviet troops moved in to crush the Hungarian Revolution.
In 1964, comedian Lenny Bruce was convicted by a three-judge panel in New York of obscenity charges stemming from his performances at the Cafe Au Go Go in Greenwich Village. (Bruce received a posthumous pardon in 2003 from New York Gov. George Pataki.)
In 1980, Republican Ronald Reagan won the White House as he defeated President Jimmy Carter by a strong margin.
In 1985, to the shock and dismay of U-S officials, Soviet defector Vitaly Yurchenko announced he was returning to the Soviet Union, charging he had been kidnapped by the C-I-A.
In 1991, Ronald Reagan opened his presidential library in Simi Valley, California; attending were President George H.W. Bush and former Presidents Jimmy Carter, Gerald R. Ford and Richard Nixon _ the first-ever gathering of five past and present U.S. chief executives.
In 1995, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a right-wing Israeli minutes after attending a festive peace rally.
In 2001, Hurricane Michelle roared across Cuba, forcing the government to shut down power for much of the communist island and evacuate 750,000 people. The Arizona Diamondbacks won their first World Series by beating the New York Yankees 3-2 in Game 7.
In 2007, King Tutankhamen’s face was unveiled for the first time to the public more than 3,000 years after the pharaoh was buried in his Egyptian tomb.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 06:56:17 AM
Ten years ago: Democrat Barack Obama was elected the first black president of the United States, defeating Republican John McCain. California voters approved Proposition 8, a constitutional amendment outlawing same-sex marriage, overturning a state Supreme Court decision that gave gay couples the right to wed just months earlier. Author Michael Crichton (KRY’-tuhn) died in Los Angeles at age 66.

Five years ago: In Tehran’s largest anti-U.S. rally in years, tens of thousands of demonstrators joined in chants of “death to America” as hard-liners directed a major show of resolve against President Hassan Rouhani’s outreach to Washington.

One year ago: China’s rubber-stamp legislature made it a criminal offense to disrespect the country’s national anthem, punishable by up to three years in prison; the move came amid rising nationalist appeals from the ruling Communist Party. Saudi Arabian authorities began a wave of arrests of dozens of the country’s most powerful princes, military officers, businessmen and government ministers in a purported anti-corruption sweep; they included potential rivals or critics of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 06:59:36 AM
Today's Birthdays:
 Actress Loretta Swit is 81.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Harry Elston (Friends of Distinction) is 80.
Blues singer Delbert McClinton is 78.
 Former first lady Laura Bush is 72.
Actress Ivonne Coll is 71.
Actress Markie Post is 68.
Rock singer-musician Chris Difford (Squeeze) is 64.
Country singer Kim Forester (The Forester Sisters) is 58.
Actress-comedian Kathy Griffin is 58.
Actor Ralph Macchio is 57.
 "Survivor" host Jeff Probst is 57.
Actor Matthew McConaughey is 49.
Rapper-producer Sean "Puffy" Combs is 49.
Talk show host Bethenny Frankel is 48.
Actor Anthony Ruivivar is 48.
Soul/jazz singer Gregory Porter is 47.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Shawn Rivera (Az Yet) is 47.
Celebrity chef Curtis Stone is 43.
Actress Heather Tom is 43.
Rhythm-and-blues/gospel singer George Huff is 38.
Actress Emme Rylan is 38.
Actor Chris Greene (Film: "Loving") is 36.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 07:00:28 AM
Thought for Today: "No one is so eager to gain new experience as he who doesn't know how to make use of the old ones." - Marie Ebner von Eschenbach, Austrian writer (1830-1916).
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 07:03:42 AM
Pumpkin spice cigars available from Joe today!
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 07:18:17 AM
Morning Tony and Dean.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 04, 2018, 07:33:30 AM
Sunlight! Hope you all used that extra hour to catch up on some sleep. I know I did.
good morning Tony. when you're retired time is relative.
My relatives are the problem... I knew it!
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 04, 2018, 07:36:43 AM
Morning Tony and Dean.
Good morning, Dave.

Quick question: What's the final verdict? Safe to put your laptop through the airport scanner or not?
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 07:43:43 AM
Pumpkin spice cigars available from Joe today!
is nothing sacred?
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 07:48:54 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 09:07:43 AM
packed and loaded, just have to stop at the store for bread and butter before helping to set up for 300 people, and my display.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 04, 2018, 09:08:45 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
It's not looking good to meet up, Deano. Originally, I was thinking of driving down and therefore, I would have my car.

Then when I found out we were flying, I planned to rent a car. Now it appears my wife's cousin borrowed a 12 passenger vehicle and it will be the only car.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 04, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
It's not looking good to meet up, Deano. Originally, I was thinking of driving down and therefore, I would have my car.

Then when I found out we were flying, I planned to rent a car. Now it appears my wife's cousin borrowed a 12 passenger vehicle and it will be the only car.
But I'll be in touch.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 09:20:52 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
It's not looking good to meet up, Deano. Originally, I was thinking of driving down and therefore, I would have my car.

Then when I found out we were flying, I planned to rent a car. Now it appears my wife's cousin borrowed a 12 passenger vehicle and it will be the only car.
let me know your availability and I'll try diving down and meet you. you'll just have to supply the smokes. 😉
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 09:21:28 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
It's not looking good to meet up, Deano. Originally, I was thinking of driving down and therefore, I would have my car.

Then when I found out we were flying, I planned to rent a car. Now it appears my wife's cousin borrowed a 12 passenger vehicle and it will be the only car.
But I'll be in touch.
you have my new phone # right?
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on November 04, 2018, 09:23:20 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
It's not looking good to meet up, Deano. Originally, I was thinking of driving down and therefore, I would have my car.

Then when I found out we were flying, I planned to rent a car. Now it appears my wife's cousin borrowed a 12 passenger vehicle and it will be the only car.
But I'll be in touch.
you have my new phone # right?
I'll PM you.

Edit: never mind, I just saw your message.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 09:24:09 AM
...... but what do I know, I don't fly.
It's not looking good to meet up, Deano. Originally, I was thinking of driving down and therefore, I would have my car.

Then when I found out we were flying, I planned to rent a car. Now it appears my wife's cousin borrowed a 12 passenger vehicle and it will be the only car.
But I'll be in touch.
you have my new phone # right?
I'll PM you.
I sent one also.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 10:14:38 AM
nothing to see here, just move along.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on November 04, 2018, 10:15:17 AM
time to clean up and head out.
enjoy your Sunday whoever.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 11:27:21 AM
Morning Tony and Dean.
Good morning, Dave.

Quick question: What's the final verdict? Safe to put your laptop through the airport scanner or not?
Do it most every week.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 12:38:46 PM
We on page three yet?
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 12:41:14 PM
We on page three yet?
Another solid game yesterday for the tigers yesterday. Off to BC next week with Gameday in town.   Think I'll stay up over next weekend. And go to the game.
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Threebean on November 04, 2018, 08:34:59 PM
We on page three yet?
Another solid game yesterday for the tigers yesterday. Off to BC next week with Gameday in town.   Think I'll stay up over next weekend. And go to the game.
Sounds like a plan.  BC might not give up 77 points.  :o
Title: Re: 11/4/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on November 04, 2018, 10:05:35 PM
We on page three yet?
Another solid game yesterday for the tigers yesterday. Off to BC next week with Gameday in town.   Think I'll stay up over next weekend. And go to the game.
Sounds like a plan.  BC might not give up 77 points.  :o
Indeed. Should be a smashmouth event.