CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 05, 2020, 12:00:24 AM

Title: 2/5/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on February 05, 2020, 12:00:24 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 05:32:38 AM
Morning, ya humps.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 05:37:41 AM
Morning, ya humps.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 05:40:31 AM
woo hoo!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:02:24 AM
INDIANHEAD CIGARS’ WAREHOUSE BURGLARIZED.

https://halfwheel.com/indianhead-cigars-warehouse-burglarized/372341/
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:04:50 AM
HEADLEY GRANGE CHAMUCO LE 2019

https://halfwheel.com/headley-grange-chamuco-le-2019/372370/
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:05:49 AM
HF BARCELONA ADDS NEW ASHTRAY, GIFT SETS

https://halfwheel.com/hf-barcelona-adds-new-ashtray-gift-sets/372376/
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:07:01 AM
A.J. FERNANDEZ TO EXHIBIT AT PCA TRADE SHOW

https://halfwheel.com/a-j-fernandez-to-exhibit-at-pca-trade-show/372333/
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:08:59 AM
Best of Espinosa - Ultimate 5-Cigar Collection - $24.99

https://www.cigarpage.com/best-of-espinosa-ultimate-5-cigar-collection-kp-cpb232.html
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:10:49 AM
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 06:30:26 AM
That's some cb-worthy PWing there.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 06:37:01 AM
That's some cb-worthy PWing there.
helps when you find stuff worth posting. 😂
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 07:01:44 AM
Robin Meade looks rough this morning.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 07:14:53 AM
Good morning Dean and Dave
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:21:31 AM
Morning FloDave, FlaPWDean and FinallyHereRick.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:22:22 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:22:53 AM
But we are jammin' !
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 07:23:30 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 07:23:40 AM
Good morning Dean and Dave
good morning Rick.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 07:24:01 AM
Morning FloDave, FlaPWDean and FinallyHereRick.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 07:24:28 AM
But we are jammin' !
Looks like a relatively decent Gilberto Oliva sampler up now.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:25:23 AM
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 5, the 36th day of 2020. There are 330 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Feb. 5, 2001, four disciples of Osama bin Laden went on trial in New York in the 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa. (The four were convicted and sentenced to life in prison without parole.)

On this date:
In 1811, George, the Prince of Wales, was named Prince Regent due to the mental illness of his father, Britain’s King George III.
In 1917, Mexico’s present constitution was adopted by the Constitutional Convention in Santiago de Queretaro. The U.S. Congress passed, over President Woodrow Wilson’s veto, an act severely curtailing Asian immigration.

In 1918, during World War I, the Cunard liner SS Tuscania, which was transporting about 2,000 American troops to Europe, was torpedoed by a German U-boat in the Irish Sea with the loss of more than 200 people.
In 1937, President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed increasing the number of U.S. Supreme Court justices; the proposal, which failed in Congress, drew accusations that Roosevelt was attempting to “pack” the nation’s highest court.

In 1971, Apollo 14 astronauts Alan Shepard and Edgar Mitchell stepped onto the surface of the moon in the first of two lunar excursions.
In 1983, former Nazi Gestapo official Klaus Barbie, expelled from Bolivia, was brought to Lyon (lee-OHN’), France, to stand trial. (He was convicted and sentenced to life in prison — he died in 1991.)
In 1988, the Arizona House impeached Republican Gov. Evan Mecham (MEE’-kuhm), setting the stage for his trial in the state Senate, where he was convicted of obstructing justice and misusing state funds allegedly funneled to his Pontiac dealership.

In 1993, President Bill Clinton signed the Family and Medical Leave Act, granting workers up to 12 weeks unpaid leave for family emergencies.
In 1994, white separatist Byron De La Beckwith was convicted in Jackson, Mississippi, of murdering civil rights leader Medgar Evers in 1963, and was immediately sentenced to life in prison. (Beckwith died Jan. 21, 2001 at age 80.)
In 1999, Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson was sentenced in Rockville, Md., to a year in jail for assaulting two motorists following a traffic accident (he ended up serving 3 1/2 months).

In 2002, A federal grand jury in Alexandria, Va., indicted John Walker Lindh on ten charges, alleging he was trained by Osama bin Laden’s network and then conspired with the Taliban to kill Americans. (Lindh later pleaded guilty to lesser offenses and was sentenced to 20 years in federal prison. He was released in May 2019 after serving more than 17 years.)
In 2009, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg underwent surgery for pancreatic cancer.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 05, 2020, 07:25:46 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
going into low 80's this afternoon. no rain in sight.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:26:17 AM
Ten years ago: Toyota’s president, Akio Toyoda, emerged from seclusion to apologize and address criticism that the automaker had mishandled a crisis over sticking gas pedals.

Five years ago: Jordan stepped up its air attacks on Islamic State facilities in Syria and expanded its airstrikes into Iraq for the first time after a captured Jordanian pilot was burned to death by the militant group. At the National Prayer Breakfast, President Barack Obama called the Islamic State group a “death cult” and condemned those who seek to use religion as a rationale for violence. RadioShack filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and said it would sell up to 2,400 stores.

One year ago: In his State of the Union address, President Donald Trump called on Washington to end what he called “ridiculous partisan investigation” and cast aside “revenge, resistance and retribution;” Trump accepted no blame for the rancorous atmosphere and refused to yield on the hard-line immigration policies that had infuriated Democrats and forced a government shutdown. In the Democratic response, Stacey Abrams, who had lost her bid in Georgia to become America’s first black woman governor, accused Trump of abandoning working Americans and bringing partisan and cultural discord. Chanting for yet another title, hundreds of thousands of fans jammed downtown Boston for a parade celebrating the New England Patriots’ sixth Super Bowl victory.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:29:21 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Baseball Hall of Famer Hank Aaron is 86.
Stuart Damon is 83.
Tony-winning playwright John Guare (gwayr) is 82.
Financial writer Jane Bryant Quinn is 81.
David Selby is 79.
Singer-songwriter Barrett Strong is 79.
Football Hall of Famer Roger Staubach is 78.
Movie director Michael Mann is 77.
Rock singer Al Kooper is 76.
Actress Charlotte Rampling is 74.
Racing Hall of Famer Darrell Waltrip is 73.
Actress Barbara Hershey is 72.
Actor Christopher Guest is 72.
Actor Tom Wilkinson is 72.
Actor-comedian Tim Meadows is 59.
Actress Jennifer Jason Leigh is 58.
Actress Laura Linney is 56.
Rock musician Duff McKagan (Velvet Revolver) is 56.
World Golf Hall of Famer Jose Maria Olazabal is 54.
Actor-comedian Chris Parnell is 53.
Rock singer Chris Barron (Spin Doctors) is 52.
Singer Bobby Brown is 51.
Actor Michael Sheen is 51.
Actor David Chisum is 50.
Country singer Sara Evans is 49.
Country singer Tyler Farr is 36.
Neo-soul musician Mark Shusterman (Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats) is 35.
Actor-singer Darren Criss is 33.
Actor Alex Brightman is 33.
Actor Henry Golding is 33.
Rock musician Kyle Simmons (Bastille) is 32.
Actor Jeremy Sumpter is 31.
Drummer Graham Sierota (Echosmith) is 21.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:29:55 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:32:08 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 07:32:48 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
#fakenews I'd be perfectly happy just being regular rich.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 07:33:19 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:42:43 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
Isn't that what I said?  You know you can always believe me!  When have I lied to you?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:43:36 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
#fakenews I'd be perfectly happy just being regular rich.
Yea, I'm fine with that too.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 07:56:19 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 07:56:33 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
#fakenews I'd be perfectly happy just being regular rich.
Yea, I'm fine with that too.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 08:01:27 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
That's a lot of rain. Holy moly.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 08:02:42 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
Isn't that what I said?  You know you can always believe me!  When have I lied to you?
Should've had you fact-checking last night, could've really kept you busy!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 08:02:43 AM
Good morning Mr Bean and Clemson Dave.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 08:03:26 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/HUkOv6BNWc1HO/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 08:06:16 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
#fakenews I'd be perfectly happy just being regular rich.
But you have all of us!
(https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-12/4/11/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_enhanced-12244-1449247226-6.gif)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 08:08:49 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/HUkOv6BNWc1HO/giphy.gif)
Yep.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 08:08:53 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
Isn't that what I said?  You know you can always believe me!  When have I lied to you?
Should've had you fact-checking last night, could've really kept you busy!
Given up on that a long time ago.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 08:09:55 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
(https://media.giphy.com/media/HUkOv6BNWc1HO/giphy.gif)
Yep.
Milk, bread and eggs!  Milk, bread and eggs!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 08:10:40 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
#fakenews I'd be perfectly happy just being regular rich.
But you have all of us!
(https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-12/4/11/enhanced/webdr02/anigif_enhanced-12244-1449247226-6.gif)
That's definitely a KIND of rich.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 08:15:33 AM
Who's humping? Good morning, boys.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 08:18:35 AM
Thought for Today: “Men do not desire to be rich, but to be richer than other men.” [–] John Stuart Mill, English philosopher and economist (1806-1873).
#fakenews I'd be perfectly happy just being regular rich.
+$
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 08:18:57 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
TWHS
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 08:20:04 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 08:43:26 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 08:45:14 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 08:46:42 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
What is "all of the above", Alex.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 08:52:31 AM
Looking to be a frogchoker kind of day here today and tomorrow, forecasting 6-7" of rain.
Just think, if it were snow, that would be like 3 feet or something.
Isn't it more like 1" = 10-12" of snow?
I don't know, maybe. Didn't feel like googling it at the time.

EDIT: Anywhere from 10-13 inches, depending on who you believe.
TWHS
You got one Tony!  That one was hanging out there for a while.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 08:53:09 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
What is "all of the above", Alex.
I don't know, the prices have been going up steadily for years, and that never seemed to stop people. I have a feeling it's mostly boomers not being able to navigate Eventbrite.

(https://media1.giphy.com/media/citBl9yPwnUOs/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 08:59:05 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
What is "all of the above", Alex.
I don't know, the prices have been going up steadily for years, and that never seemed to stop people. I have a feeling it's mostly boomers not being able to navigate Eventbrite.

(https://media1.giphy.com/media/citBl9yPwnUOs/giphy.gif)
GFY...what do you think this is, Iowa?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 09:00:21 AM
BIP to start the day.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 09:01:09 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
What is "all of the above", Alex.
I don't know, the prices have been going up steadily for years, and that never seemed to stop people. I have a feeling it's mostly boomers not being able to navigate Eventbrite.

(https://media1.giphy.com/media/citBl9yPwnUOs/giphy.gif)
(https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/SBPEtgUSl4kMs_rXqGOCcZVdPm3iuABlGI_mykt1itg53PSXXmNlB3bUWm8HroBQY1bbbCIJU86h2c2VMZQBMX7aQLV5dzfcxDCFkbFL-xgIhB1vChqL0dqXU_5L1O-_kyYS5VRF14y2Cs556goklnQtrzikXY-DE8Akuw)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 09:05:57 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
Great question. Everyone knows you don't change multiple things at once. Obviously, CI doesn't follow best practices.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 09:06:48 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
But were all the lights green this morning?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 09:07:39 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
But were all the lights green this morning?
Close, but no, didn't get lucky this morning....
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 09:07:49 AM
Surprised to see that some CF tix are still available. Gone are the days where they all sell out in 2 minutes, I guess. Wonder if that's due to a lack of interest, the price or the new system they used to sell them this year.
What is "all of the above", Alex.
I don't know, the prices have been going up steadily for years, and that never seemed to stop people. I have a feeling it's mostly boomers not being able to navigate Eventbrite.

(https://media1.giphy.com/media/citBl9yPwnUOs/giphy.gif)
GFY...what do you think this is, Iowa?
LALTS
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 09:15:01 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
But were all the lights green this morning?
Close, but no, didn't get lucky this morning....
I didn't either, she was sleeping.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 09:16:32 AM
Man, I have to pull a circulator and see why it's not working. Guess I have some work to do.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 09:18:40 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
But were all the lights green this morning?
Close, but no, didn't get lucky this morning....
I didn't either, she was sleeping.
#same

Not that the result would've been any different if she were awake.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 09:19:33 AM
Good morning boys.  Looks like we'll be shutting down the city for the day tomorrow...
Scattered snow flurries and snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 29F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
So there's 60% chance none of that will happen?
Given weather guesser hyperbole I'd say higher than that, but no matter, put the word "snow" in a forecast here and it's end times.
But were all the lights green this morning?
Close, but no, didn't get lucky this morning....
I didn't either, she was sleeping.
Only a gentleman would let that stop him.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 10:26:03 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 10:26:20 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Also, kudos to the worker for her master class in patience.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 10:34:59 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 10:52:31 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 10:56:18 AM

I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.

She's a caucus voter because of the bible? Now that's gay.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 10:59:47 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Saw that clip the other night. How anyone even half-awake though all this could have missed that Mayor Pete aspect is amazing.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 11:01:04 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Also, kudos to the worker for her master class in patience.
For that matter kudos to anyone who works in retail without blowing their brains out.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 11:02:48 AM
Man, I have to pull a circulator and see why it's not working. Guess I have some work to do.
Isn't there a pill for that?  Oh wait..
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 11:02:56 AM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Also, kudos to the worker for her master class in patience.
For that matter kudos to anyone who works in retail without blowing their brains out.
Boy, that's the truth.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 11:03:09 AM

I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.

She's a caucus voter because of the bible? Now that's gay.
Nailed it.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 11:56:50 AM
Maybe it's because I wanted to watch the Twilight Zone last night on Netflix but today I feel like I'm in an episode. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I think the folks at work have been replaced by robots. The full moon isn't for a few days yet, so that's not it. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 12:29:16 PM
Maybe it's because I wanted to watch the Twilight Zone last night on Netflix but today I feel like I'm in an episode. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I think the folks at work have been replaced by robots. The full moon isn't for a few days yet, so that's not it. Sheesh.
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/FAbMf6sOuvyZa/source.gif)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 12:36:34 PM
Maybe it's because I wanted to watch the Twilight Zone last night on Netflix but today I feel like I'm in an episode. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON? I think the folks at work have been replaced by robots. The full moon isn't for a few days yet, so that's not it. Sheesh.
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/FAbMf6sOuvyZa/source.gif)
Great episode. I have full sets of Twilight Zone and Outer Limits. The themes pass the test of time.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 12:37:13 PM
Brunch today.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 12:45:42 PM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.
When are the thumpers going to acknowledge that divorce/adultry is condemned a whole lot more than homosexuality in the Bible
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 12:49:07 PM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.
When are the thumpers going to acknowledge that divorce/adultry is condemned a whole lot more than homosexuality in the Bible
Divorce, tattoos, shellfish. The list of things they'll ignore is bountiful, but GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 12:50:42 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 12:53:16 PM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.
When are the thumpers going to acknowledge that divorce/adultry is condemned a whole lot more than homosexuality in the Bible
Divorce, tattoos, shellfish. The list of things they'll ignore is bountiful, but GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG.
Eff that! I'm not giving up shrimp and lobster. What are you, gay?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 01:03:18 PM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.
When are the thumpers going to acknowledge that divorce/adultry is condemned a whole lot more than homosexuality in the Bible
Divorce, tattoos, shellfish. The list of things they'll ignore is bountiful, but GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG.
Eff that! I'm not giving up shrimp and lobster. What are you, gay?
(https://66.media.tumblr.com/bb863c38153f5c072c54c97ef55ebebc/tumblr_mn7eqdQgqi1qalsfmo1_250.gif)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 01:18:49 PM
I'm not sure which is more frightening - this woman's viewpoint, or the fact that she's a caucus voter and somehow didn't know Mayor Pete was gay. "How come this has never been brought out before?" Sheesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/iowa-caucus-voter-pete-buttigieg-same-sex-marriage-223644450.html
Why should that matter? That is frightening.
BECAUSE THE BIBLE.
When are the thumpers going to acknowledge that divorce/adultry is condemned a whole lot more than homosexuality in the Bible
Divorce, tattoos, shellfish. The list of things they'll ignore is bountiful, but GAY MARRIAGE IS WRONG.
Eff that! I'm not giving up shrimp and lobster. What are you, gay?
CNS
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 01:20:46 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Me too.  Now I'm in the mood for something biblical. Not an apple, something involving bread.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 01:23:16 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Me too.  Now I'm in the mood for something biblical. Not an apple, something involving bread.
So you're hungry for the body of Christ? Who's gay now?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 01:32:57 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Me too.  Now I'm in the mood for something biblical. Not an apple, something involving bread.
So you're hungry for the body of Christ? Who's gay now?
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/iD6uuQjZZOpc2Hz3Oi/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 01:41:23 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Me too.  Now I'm in the mood for something biblical. Not an apple, something involving bread.
So you're hungry for the body of Christ? Who's gay now?
(https://media0.giphy.com/media/iD6uuQjZZOpc2Hz3Oi/giphy.gif)
Looks like god's love filling his soul!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 02:04:51 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Me too.  Now I'm in the mood for something biblical. Not an apple, something involving bread.
So you're hungry for the body of Christ? Who's gay now?
LMAO. Almost did a spittake.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 05, 2020, 02:20:08 PM
Brunch today.
Well done. I'm starving. Gonna go grab a bite in about 30 more minutes. Have to get these emails out first.
Me too.  Now I'm in the mood for something biblical. Not an apple, something involving bread.
So you're hungry for the body of Christ? Who's gay now?
LMAO. Almost did a spittake.
My work here is done. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 02:29:46 PM
Man, I have to pull a circulator and see why it's not working. Guess I have some work to do.
Isn't there a pill for that?  Oh wait..
My reciprocator works fine. The circulator is out and being serviced
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 02:59:24 PM
Man, I have to pull a circulator and see why it's not working. Guess I have some work to do.
Isn't there a pill for that?  Oh wait..
My reciprocator works fine. The circulator is out and being serviced
You lucky dog, you!
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 03:32:45 PM
Man, I have to pull a circulator and see why it's not working. Guess I have some work to do.
Isn't there a pill for that?  Oh wait..
My reciprocator works fine. The circulator is out and being serviced
So you're out of cir ulation?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 03:42:33 PM
Project 40 on (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/9025ab651dc8696571ea76b2a908ccd8.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 05, 2020, 04:16:32 PM
Continuing yesterday's Southern Draw theme.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/76c21342b4250797c24598efe531ea8b.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 05:19:19 PM
Very nice cigar there Mr. Bean
I'm going to be cooking pork chops on the Ninja soon. I have this spiral cutting gadget . Making some zucchini noodles in olive oil. I love cooking with the Mrs.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 06:29:30 PM
Project 40 on (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/9025ab651dc8696571ea76b2a908ccd8.jpg)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 07:06:18 PM
Kirk Douglas dies at age 103. RIP Spartacus.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:11:51 PM
Kirk Douglas dies at age 103. RIP Spartacus.
😪
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 07:13:48 PM
Looking to be a pretty sloppy day for driving tomorrow.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 07:14:44 PM
Looking to be a pretty sloppy day for driving tomorrow.
I plan to work from home. I've got a dentist appointment at 2.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 08:13:42 PM
Project 40 on (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200205/9025ab651dc8696571ea76b2a908ccd8.jpg)
I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
A very good medium bodied smoke. I have not had a bad one.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 08:15:51 PM
Looking to be a pretty sloppy day for driving tomorrow.
Yeah......rain, sleet, and snow projected till Friday evening for me.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 08:16:26 PM
Dont think we'll hit 12 pages tonight.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 08:25:52 PM
Dont think we'll hit 12 pages tonight.
I was hoping for 13. Where's cb when you need him?
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 05, 2020, 08:29:36 PM
I don't see the page count on my phone but cheers.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200206/be1443dd8179aec9b9885eb706011a56.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 09:32:46 PM
Dont think we'll hit 12 pages tonight.
I was hoping for 13. Where's cb when you need him?
TWSS
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 05, 2020, 09:33:15 PM
Dont think we'll hit 12 pages tonight.
I was hoping for 13. Where's cb when you need him?
Its good to dream big.
Title: Re: 2/5/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 05, 2020, 10:09:20 PM
Dont think we'll hit 12 pages tonight.
I was hoping for 13. Where's cb when you need him?
Its good to dream big.
Just increasing one page since yesterday.