CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 14, 2019, 12:05:30 AM

Title: 3/14/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on March 14, 2019, 12:05:30 AM
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 12:15:21 AM
Happy pi day!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 05:52:01 AM
Happy pi day!
Also known as Steak and a BJ Day. Best of luck to us all!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 05:56:18 AM
Morning Dix, slept a bit late but now I have a Hot cup of Cuban.

“Happy Thursday! You're only one day away from being two days away from doing the same work you're doing right now!”
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 05:58:56 AM
Sounds like the good old days, except for the “disrespectful” location.

Gambino crime boss Francesco “Franky Boy” Cali was assassinated in front of his Staten Island home Wednesday night in a stunning gangland hit that recalled some of the most infamous Mafia killings in city history.

Cali, 53, was gunned down in front of his brick mansion in the lavish Todt Hill neighborhood at about 9:20 p.m. His wife and young children were inside, police sources told The Post.

One source described as “disrespectful” because it took place near his family home in an outer borough.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/gambino-crime-boss-frank-cali-shot-dead-outside-staten-island-home/
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:02:07 AM
53° and mostly cloudy, 71° this afternoon
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:03:06 AM
Happy pi day!
Hair Pie at the Y?

Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:07:52 AM
JAMMING 😀

Also 17% Off Sitewide at CI, EXCEPT items that are NOT INCLUDED 🙄

Code: LUCKY1
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 06:10:00 AM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. I'd still be sleeping if it wasn't for the damn cats.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:10:41 AM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. I'd still be sleeping if it wasn't for the damn cats.
Morning WellHungDean
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 06:11:31 AM
good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. I'd still be sleeping if it wasn't for the damn cats.
Morning WellHungDean
🤗
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:11:56 AM
Powerball Jackpot for Saturday is:  $495 Million
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:16:37 AM
LORI LOUGHLIN DAUGHTER PARTYING & SLEEPING IN BAHAMAS ON YACHT OWNED BY USC BOARD PRESIDENT

As Lori Loughlin traveled from Vancouver to L.A. Tuesday night to surrender to federal authorities in the college bribery scandal — which got her daughter, Olivia Jade, into USC — Olivia spent the night on the yacht of the Chairman of USC’s Board of Trustees … but she’s off the boat now, TMZ has learned.

We’ve learned 19-year-old Olivia was on Rick Caruso’s yacht in the Bahamas. Caruso’s daughter, Gianna, Olivia and several other friends were spending spring break in the area.

Caruso, a billionaire who has major real estate holdings including The Grove in L.A., tells TMZ, “My daughter and a group of students left for spring break prior to the government’s announcement yesterday. Once we became aware of the investigation, the young woman decided it would be in her best interests to return home.” Olivia is off the yacht.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:18:26 AM
Personal tennis instructor for Michelle Obama, her daughters charged in bribery scheme

A tennis coach who worked with the family of former President Barack Obama was among the 50 people charged Tuesday in a college admissions scheme in which wealthy parents allegedly bribed coaches and others to get their children accepted to some of the top schools in the U.S.

Gordon Ernst, 52, was a former tennis coach at Georgetown University and the University of Rhode Island. He is accused of conspiracy to commit racketeering while he was at Georgetown.

Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:20:16 AM
Actor Dean Norris on College Admissions Scandal: ‘Rich F*ckwads Cheated for Their Already Privileged Kids’
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 06:36:26 AM
Good morning, fellas.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 06:37:36 AM
Happy pi day!
Also known as Steak and a BJ Day. Best of luck to us all!
Does buying meat from the wholesale club count?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:41:39 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026

Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 06:42:27 AM
Powerball Jackpot for Saturday is:  $495 Million
I've got mine.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 06:51:19 AM
At the CWP license class the instructor mentioned the 3 most dangerous places in Myrtle Beach and this was #3.  The largest Mall in the County!

2 men wanted in armed robbery near Coastal Grand Mall, police say

It was not “near” the Mall, it was about 100 feet outside the door of the largest Anchor Store (Belk Department Store) at 1:00 in the afternoon.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/2019/03/13/police-investigating-possible-armed-robbery-near-myrtle-beach-belk-store/

Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 06:57:34 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026
Seems only fair since I have to register my Mucinex D. I should probably read the article first because I think I'm missing something here...
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:01:41 AM
I watched a show last night about Elvis Presley’s love for guns and the police.  Pretty interesting, he owned 38 guns when he died and once went to the White House unannounced to gift a Custom Colt 1911 to Richard Nixon and was allowed in to meet with the President.  Imagine something like that now days!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:03:10 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026
Seems only fair since I have to register my Mucinex D. I should probably read the article first because I think I'm missing something here...
Yeah, let me know when you have to go through all this to register your Mucinex you already own and registered when you bought it.

Also let me know when your right to own Mucinex is found in the Constitution.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 07:18:44 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026
Seems only fair since I have to register my Mucinex D. I should probably read the article first because I think I'm missing something here...
Yeah, let me know when you have to go through all this to register your Mucinex you already own and registered when you bought it.

Also let me know when your right to own Mucinex is found in the Constitution.
Have you bought Mucinex? I don't think you understand how hard they make it these days.

But seriously, I get that registering your gun is a pain in the ass. And I'm sure I'd be pissed if I actuality had to do any of that. But don't we all have to do something similar with our cars. I guess that's fine too since the Constitution doesn't explicitly mention the right to bear a vehicle?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:30:58 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026
Seems only fair since I have to register my Mucinex D. I should probably read the article first because I think I'm missing something here...
Yeah, let me know when you have to go through all this to register your Mucinex you already own and registered when you bought it.

Also let me know when your right to own Mucinex is found in the Constitution.
I guess I must've missed the part of the article where it's taking away the right to own the gun they're asking you to register.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:32:02 AM
[...]

Look, you can't take away the right to bear vehicles. Bad guys will still get vehicles regardless.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:39:32 AM
[...]

Mayor has quickly been well indoctrinated to see the U.S and U.N. as one and the same.

Again, every fuk’n time you buy a gun you fill out the “Yellow Form” with all your information and the gun information (Registration), said forms are kept at the stores and scanned by the ATF (against the law but they have been doing it anyway for years).  If a store closes or loses their firearms license the ATF gathers the paper forms and stores them.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:40:36 AM
[...]

GFY in your case
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:42:49 AM
[...]

LALTS, that's what I figured. Sitting here crying about a mild inconvenience, and somehow I'm supposed to be the snowflake.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 07:42:56 AM
[...]

Maybe so. Probably should have kept it to myself since this really doesn't affect me personally.

Now if they ask me to register my cigars, there will be hell to pay.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:46:21 AM
[...]

GFY Baby Huey
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:48:12 AM
[...]

I don’t mind discussing it with rational folks such as yourself.

I want you to come down and try out some shooting holes in paper with me, you might just like it.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 07:52:09 AM
Happy pi day!
Also known as Steak and a BJ Day. Best of luck to us all!
Yea, you go with that.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 07:52:36 AM
Happy pi day!
That was in 2016.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:53:01 AM
Morning ?Dave, roofers on the scene yet?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 07:53:13 AM
while you guys have been discussing gun control I was chasing my cats around the house. little bastards slid the screen slider open and escaped to the great outdoors.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:53:34 AM
[...]

SNOWFLAKE!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:55:05 AM
[...]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 07:55:13 AM
surprised they haven't suggested molding tracking chips in guns.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 07:55:44 AM
[...]

Aw, come on....just a little bit of spring break relaxing.  Didn't you do similar.....oh, wait....
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:55:51 AM
while you guys have been discussing gun control I was chasing my cats around the house. little bastards slid the screen slider open and escaped to the great outdoors.
Well, the cure for that is rather easy.  Don’t let them back in!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:56:49 AM
surprised they haven't suggested molding tracking chips in guns.
They started crying for that about 10 or so years ago, ammo too.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 07:57:48 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026
Seems only fair since I have to register my Mucinex D. I should probably read the article first because I think I'm missing something here...
Indeed, pretty much need an FBI background check to get Sudafed.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:57:53 AM
[...]

Between the two of us, I'm the one throwing a fit? It's a little early for you to need a nap, but clearly, here we are.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:57:57 AM
[...]

GFY, did not invite you
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:58:53 AM
surprised they haven't suggested molding tracking chips in guns.
I'm pretty sure the Constitution says you can't have tracking chips in guns, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 07:59:05 AM
Unbelievable!

One State Throws Founding Fathers' Worries To The Wayside With This Gun Control Proposal

A bill that would require mandatory gun registration is currently making its way through the Pennsylvania Assembly. House Bill 768, if passed, would require gun owners to register their firearms with the Pennsylvania State Police.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/03/12/one-state-throws-founding-fathers-worries-to-the-wayside-with-this-gun-control-p-n2543026
Seems only fair since I have to register my Mucinex D. I should probably read the article first because I think I'm missing something here...
Yeah, let me know when you have to go through all this to register your Mucinex you already own and registered when you bought it.

Also let me know when your right to own Mucinex is found in the Constitution.
Life, Liberty and the Clearing of Sinuses.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:59:22 AM
[...]

Great solution, Go to your crying room and GFY there.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 07:59:29 AM
[...]

Shhh, shhh, just set the phone down, it'll make it easier to fall asleep.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:00:11 AM
[...]

See? Reading comprehension skills dropping, another sign you need a nap. Make sure to take a gun, you can spoon it.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:00:24 AM
surprised they haven't suggested molding tracking chips in guns.
I'm pretty sure the Constitution says you can't have tracking chips in guns, so I wouldn't worry about it.
If you could even read the Constitution you might know.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:01:53 AM
Happy pi day!
Also known as Steak and a BJ Day. Best of luck to us all!
Yea, you go with that.
I'd better not, since the wife has to work tonight.  :D
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:02:28 AM
surprised they haven't suggested molding tracking chips in guns.
I'm pretty sure the Constitution says you can't have tracking chips in guns, so I wouldn't worry about it.
If you could even read the Constitution you might know.
Shhh, shhh, it's ok. Turn the lights down next, we'll get you there.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:02:28 AM
Happy pi day!
That was in 2016.
There you go ruining the party again.  We ain't includin' the year.  Too many decimal places.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:04:42 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:04:44 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:05:46 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:06:24 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
How's lent treating you Mr. Bean?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:06:43 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
He's ushering one out the back as another knocks on the front door.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:06:44 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Indeed! Morning all, a bit sticky in here this morning. Let's fight nice boys
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:07:27 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:07:51 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:08:01 AM
[...]

Be happy to compare transcripts wth you.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:08:32 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:09:50 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:10:31 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
How's lent treating you Mr. Bean?
I took up cussing again, so it's a bust.  Sounds like you are getting close to listing the house.  I trust there will be a reference to the WW Inn in the sale sheet.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:10:42 AM
Today is Thursday, March 14, the 73rd day of 2019. There are 292 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On March 14, 1964, a jury in Dallas found Jack Ruby guilty of murdering Lee Harvey Oswald, the accused assassin of President John F. Kennedy, and sentenced him to death. (Both the conviction and death sentence were overturned, but Ruby died before he could be retried.)

On this date:
In 1794, Eli Whitney received a patent for his cotton gin, an invention that revolutionized America's cotton industry.
In 1883, German political philosopher Karl Marx died in London at age 64.
In 1885, the Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera "The Mikado" premiered at the Savoy Theatre in London.
In 1900, Congress ratified the Gold Standard Act.
In 1907, President Theodore Roosevelt signed an executive order designed to prevent Japanese laborers from immigrating to the United States as part of a "gentlemen's agreement" with Japan.
In 1962, Democrat Edward M. Kennedy officially launched in Boston his successful candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat from Massachusetts once held by his brother, President John F. Kennedy. (Edward Kennedy served in the Senate for nearly 47 years.)
In 1965, Israel's cabinet formally approved establishment of diplomatic relations with West Germany.
In 1967, the body of President John F. Kennedy was moved from a temporary grave to a permanent memorial site at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
In 1980, a LOT Polish Airlines jet crashed while attempting to land in Warsaw, killing all 87 people aboard, including 22 members of a U.S. amateur boxing team.
In 1990, the Soviet Congress of People's Deputies held a secret ballot that elected Mikhail S. Gorbachev to a new, powerful presidency.
In 1998, India's Congress party picked Sonia Gandhi, the Italian-born widow of assassinated prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, as its new president.
In 2008, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama denounced inflammatory remarks from his pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who had railed against the United States and accused its leaders of bringing on the Sept. 11 attacks by spreading terrorism.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:11:11 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama met at the White House with Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (loo-EEZ' ee-NAH'-see-oh LOO'-luh duh SEEL'-vuh); afterward, Obama downplayed divisions between the U.S. and Europe over how to tackle the world's financial crisis. Finance officials from rich and developing countries, meeting in Horsham, England, pledged to do "whatever is necessary" to fix the global economy. Altovise Joanne Gore Davis, a dancer and actress and the widow of Sammy Davis Jr., died in Los Angeles at age 65.

Five years ago: The West braced for a vote by the Crimean Peninsula to secede from Ukraine; calling the results all but a foregone conclusion, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry urged Russia's parliament against accepting any offer to claim Crimea as its own. Tony Benn, 88, a committed socialist who irritated and fascinated Britons through a political career spanning five decades, died in London.

One year ago: Tens of thousands of students across the country walked out of their classrooms to demand action on gun violence and school safety; the action came a month after the shooting that killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Stephen Hawking, the best-known theoretical physicist of his time, died at his home in Cambridge, England, at the age of 76; he had stunned doctors by living with the normally fatal illness ALS for more than 50 years. President Donald Trump chose Larry Kudlow, a longtime fixture on the CNBC business news network, to be his top economic aide.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:11:59 AM
Morning Fish

Drew Estate has begun shipping a repackaged version of the Herrera Estelí Lancero Edición Limitada.

While the cigar will be featured at the Tobacconists’ Association of America (TAA) meeting, it will be offered to all Drew Diplomat retailers. It uses the blend as the original Herrera Estelí blend: an Ecuadorian habano wrapper over a Honduran binder and Nicaraguan fillers.

https://halfwheel.com/herrera-esteli-lancero-edicion-limitada-returns-for-2019/296832

Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:13:33 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Singer Phil Phillips (Song: "Sea of Love") is 93.
Former astronaut Frank Borman is 91.
Actor Michael Caine is 86.
Composer-conductor Quincy Jones is 86.
Actor Raymond J. Barry is 80.
Movie director Wolfgang Petersen is 78.
Country singer Michael Martin Murphey is 74.
Rock musician Walt Parazaider (payr-ah-ZAY'-der)(formerly with Chicago) is 74.
Actor Steve Kanaly is 73.
Comedian Billy Crystal is 71.
Former Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., is 71.
Actor-writer-comedian-radio personality Rick Dees is 68.
Country singer Jann Browne is 65.
Actor Adrian Zmed is 65.
Prince Albert II, the ruler of Monaco, is 61.
Actress Laila Robins is 60.
Actress Tamara Tunie (tuh-MAH'-ruh TOO'-nee) is 60.
Actress Penny Johnson Jerald is 59.
Producer-director-writer Kevin Williamson is 54.
Actress Elise Neal is 53.
Actor Gary Anthony Williams is 53.
Actress Megan Follows is 51.
Rock musician Michael Bland is 50.
Country singer Kristian Bush is 49.
Rock musician Derrick is 47.
Actress Betsy Brandt is 46.
Actress Grace Park is 45.
Actor Daniel Gillies is 43.
Actor Corey Stoll is 43.
Actor Jake Fogelnest is 40.
Actor Chris Klein is 40.
Actor Ryan Cartwright (TV: "Kevin Can Wait") is 38.
Actress Kate Maberly is 37.
Singer-musician Taylor Hanson (Hanson) is 36.
Actor Jamie Bell is 33.
Rock musician Este Haim (HY'-uhm) (Haim) is 33.
Actor Ansel Elgort is 25.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Simone Biles is 22.
Actor James Freedson-Jackson (Film: "The Strange Ones") is 17.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:14:04 AM
Thought for Today: "Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death." — Ayn Rand, American author (1905-1982).
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:14:57 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:15:36 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:16:11 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:16:21 AM
Today is Thursday, March 14, the 73rd day of 2019. There are 292 days left in the year.

On this date:
In 1967, the body of President John F. Kennedy was moved from a temporary grave to a permanent memorial site at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
Dang, it took the gubmint 3.5 years to create JFK's simple gravesite at Arlington?  Figures.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:16:59 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Ok now, play nice!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:17:09 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
I had it tattooed on, saves time on Ash Wednesdays.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:18:27 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
And roofing has the cleanest most trackable progress, add row after row, capping off your success.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 08:18:36 AM
good morning AnotherDave, Fish, and Mark.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:19:26 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
I had it tattooed on, saves time on Ash Wednesdays.
Outstanding, so looking a little Charlie Mansonish!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 08:19:39 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:21:03 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
New roof, new carpet, new flooring, new lighting, new paint.  Wonder why I didn't do any of this to enjoy myself in the house....
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:21:26 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:21:32 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
Careful, ToolPouchFish, you're liable to give yourself a woody.  The smell of sawdust, and bam, you're done!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:21:37 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:24:11 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
And roofing has the cleanest most trackable progress, add row after row, capping off your success.
Right, single trade, exterior not interior. What's not to like? Nice weather for it too. Don't try to smoke a cigar in your driveway though!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:24:32 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
Careful, ToolPouchFish, you're liable to give yourself a woody.  The smell of sawdust, and bam, you're done!
Too late
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 08:24:38 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
Chinese for breakfast?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:25:08 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
New roof, new carpet, new flooring, new lighting, new paint.  Wonder why I didn't do any of this to enjoy myself in the house....
Funny how that works
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:26:54 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:28:27 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
And roofing has the cleanest most trackable progress, add row after row, capping off your success.
True
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:29:48 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
I had it tattooed on, saves time on Ash Wednesdays.
The pious ladies are gonna be all over you. Respectfully, of course.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:31:12 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
I don't see where that's any of your business
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:32:38 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
I don't see where that's any of your business
Ok, so you'll show me at CF. Message received.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:37:07 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Here's a tip.  Anytime you start referring to anyone or anything as "fukking" this or that, it's time for them to go.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 08:39:33 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Here's a tip.  Anytime you start referring to anyone or anything as "fukking" this or that, it's time for them to go.
if they had packed their bags I'd have opened the door for them.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:40:48 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
New roof, new carpet, new flooring, new lighting, new paint.  Wonder why I didn't do any of this to enjoy myself in the house....
Yep.  At least once you move to the SC house you get to experience the newness again.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:41:24 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Here's a tip.  Anytime you start referring to anyone or anything as "fukking" this or that, it's time for them to go.
I’m pushing the warden out the door now😂
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:42:01 AM
Morning Bean
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:42:19 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
I had it tattooed on, saves time on Ash Wednesdays.
The pious ladies are gonna be all over you. Respectfully, of course.
Indeed.  They totally miss the fact I have no hair now.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:43:10 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
I don't see where that's any of your business
Ok, so you'll show me at CF. Message received.
You seem a bit too anxious  ;D
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: sfish on March 14, 2019, 08:44:06 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Here's a tip.  Anytime you start referring to anyone or anything as "fukking" this or that, it's time for them to go.
I’m pushing the warden out the door now😂
CNS
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:45:31 AM
$3 Victor Sinclairs on the jam now, in case you were wondering.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:46:23 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
I don't see where that's any of your business
Ok, so you'll show me at CF. Message received.
You seem a bit too anxious  ;D
Sorry, this is as aloof as I can play it.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 08:47:20 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
I don't see where that's any of your business
Ok, so you'll show me at CF. Message received.
here, why wait.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 08:48:07 AM
$3 Victor Sinclairs on the jam now, in case you were wondering.
about $4 over price point.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:56:02 AM
I knew there was a relaxing place I could have gone for spring break.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801249/Wild-college-students-spring-break-descend-South-Padre-Texas.html (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801249/Wild-college-students-spring-break-descend-South-Padre-Texas.html)
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 08:56:13 AM
$3 Victor Sinclairs on the jam now, in case you were wondering.
about $4 over price point.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 08:57:00 AM
Morning SCDave, 314Dean, Mr. Bean FloDave and Mr. Mayor.
GFY NewRoofDave!  ;D
Right back acha BigDickSupervisorFish.  (check with Tony for translation)
No need, saw that yesterday  :o
So he ended up sending you pics then?
I don't see where that's any of your business
Ok, so you'll show me at CF. Message received.
here, why wait.
No wonder the cat tried to run away.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 08:58:35 AM
I knew there was a relaxing place I could have gone for spring break.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801249/Wild-college-students-spring-break-descend-South-Padre-Texas.html (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801249/Wild-college-students-spring-break-descend-South-Padre-Texas.html)
Well tread lightly!

College kids aren't the only ones excited about warmer temperatures being present during spring break.

Two rattlesnakes were spotted "sunning themselves" within a few feet from the beach access trail on Saturday, according to the Padre Island National Seashore.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 09:07:21 AM
I knew there was a relaxing place I could have gone for spring break.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801249/Wild-college-students-spring-break-descend-South-Padre-Texas.html (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6801249/Wild-college-students-spring-break-descend-South-Padre-Texas.html)
The kid puking into the water is the best.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 09:12:06 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
I had it tattooed on, saves time on Ash Wednesdays.
I would have gone for the branding.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 09:17:07 AM
Good morning boys. We done conflating automobiles and guns?  Great, let's talk about politics and religion!  Will be a fine day on the banter.
Morning, Mark. Have you washed the ash cross off your forehead yet?  ;D
I had it tattooed on, saves time on Ash Wednesdays.
I would have gone for the branding.
Or the merchandising.

(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fgRFQJCHcPw/maxresdefault.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2019, 10:03:14 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 10:16:31 AM
Morning, muchachos.
good morning RazMan.
you doing better?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2019, 10:18:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
good morning RazMan.
you doing better?
I'm fine. Morning, Deano. Chasing pussy isn't what it used to be, eh?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on March 14, 2019, 10:26:14 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
I don't think he is in the mood for Chinese food!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 10:38:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.
good morning RazMan.
you doing better?
I'm fine. Morning, Deano. Chasing pussy isn't what it used to be, eh?
lol, not at all.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 10:38:50 AM
Good morning, Raz and Flip. You two still seem to always show up together.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: razgueado on March 14, 2019, 10:40:29 AM
Good morning, Raz and Flip. You two still seem to always show up together.
That's because he works broker's hours.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 10:55:27 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
I don't think he is in the mood for Chinese food!
Morning, birthday boy.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 11:07:36 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
I don't think he is in the mood for Chinese food!
Morning, birthday boy.
Wow, happy birthday! I always forget to look at that dang calendar.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on March 14, 2019, 11:15:17 AM
Good morning, Raz and Flip. You two still seem to always show up together.
That's because he works broker's hours.
Actually, was up and at work early today, had a 7:15am drop off at Lexus
daughter was getting a check engine light, oh her(my old) 2006 IS 250.  They wanted to do
an oil change/spark plug, wiper and filter special for $1200, what a bundle of savings LOL!
When I left the car I told them they could do the plugs for $600, and let me know what the damage is.
daughter just called, problems with all axles, rear brakes, engine build up probably thousands....
By the way, car runs fine
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on March 14, 2019, 11:16:04 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
I don't think he is in the mood for Chinese food!
Morning, birthday boy.
thanks LTG
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on March 14, 2019, 11:17:58 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
I don't think he is in the mood for Chinese food!
Morning, birthday boy.
Wow, happy birthday! I always forget to look at that dang calendar.
Yeah, I didn't make TD's Birthday list either! ( I would have been just above
Prince Albert....)!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on March 14, 2019, 11:31:45 AM
Lexus wants $708 for rear brakes(we do the shim pins too!) and $8000 for a "short block",
it may be more than the car is worth.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 11:32:20 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
fixing a new breakfast. burned my breakfast sausage chasing the fukking cats.
Cook the cats.
I don't think he is in the mood for Chinese food!
Morning, birthday boy.
Wow, happy birthday! I always forget to look at that dang calendar.
Yeah, I didn't make TD's Birthday list either! ( I would have been just above
Prince Albert....)!
Please don't show us your Prince Albert!

Edit: Don't Google that, it's not Suitable For The Office.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 11:38:30 AM
Where did Dean go?  Somebody come over to help him celebrate the day?
He's ushering one out the back as another knocks on the front door.
So some round the world action?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 11:40:17 AM
Roof coming off this morning.  Sounds wonderful inside the house!  Wonder what will be worse, taking the old one off or hammering the new one on...
I think the removal is worse, at least the installation sounds like progress and more civil
Removal is a hell of a mess but installation is noisy ass hell if you are in the house, tough call.
I love the sound of the hammering and nail guns, the ripping and tearing of demo is just a necessary evil before the real stuff starts. I love the clean slate as you turn from demo to install
And roofing has the cleanest most trackable progress, add row after row, capping off your success.
Right, single trade, exterior not interior. What's not to like? Nice weather for it too. Don't try to smoke a cigar in your driveway though!
Actually I'm in the garage...
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 11:44:23 AM
Good morning, Raz and Flip. You two still seem to always show up together.
That's because he works broker's hours.
Actually, was up and at work early today, had a 7:15am drop off at Lexus
daughter was getting a check engine light, oh her(my old) 2006 IS 250.  They wanted to do
an oil change/spark plug, wiper and filter special for $1200, what a bundle of savings LOL!
When I left the car I told them they could do the plugs for $600, and let me know what the damage is.
daughter just called, problems with all axles, rear brakes, engine build up probably thousands....
By the way, car runs fine
Time to keep as is, run it into the ground and replace.  Just dont plan any long trips.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 11:47:30 AM
Morning, muchachos.
good morning RazMan.
you doing better?
I'm fine. Morning, Deano. Chasing pussy isn't what it used to be, eh?
Luckily he doesn't have to chase much, they come to him. Must smell like fish🐟
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 11:59:37 AM
Happy Birthday Mr. Flip.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 12:00:14 PM
On to a 300 Manos.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on March 14, 2019, 12:14:48 PM
Good morning, Raz and Flip. You two still seem to always show up together.
That's because he works broker's hours.
Actually, was up and at work early today, had a 7:15am drop off at Lexus
daughter was getting a check engine light, oh her(my old) 2006 IS 250.  They wanted to do
an oil change/spark plug, wiper and filter special for $1200, what a bundle of savings LOL!
When I left the car I told them they could do the plugs for $600, and let me know what the damage is.
daughter just called, problems with all axles, rear brakes, engine build up probably thousands....
By the way, car runs fine
Time to keep as is, run it into the ground and replace.  Just dont plan any long trips.
Told my daughter, swap cars with me take the 2009 VW Jetta 2.5.   Her response,
the doors don't automatically unlock when you get near the car, I have to use a key to start it(no push button),
it doesn't have the pickup and handling of the 4 wheel drive IS 250.  I think I'm going to tell her to take the VW, to
where I bought it, and trade it in for something you want to drive....
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 12:19:45 PM
Texas seems to be the new center of nice boutique cigars...first RoMa Craft, then Southern Draw, now Micallef.  Good stuff!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 12:21:46 PM
[...]
Acura NSX has those options I believe...just trying to be helpful.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 12:22:53 PM
🎉 Happiest of Birthdays Flip 🎂
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 12:25:16 PM
Texas seems to be the new center of nice boutique cigars...first RoMa Craft, then Southern Draw, now Micallef.  Good stuff!
Just bought a box of Micallefs on Charlie's word alone. Haven't smoked one yet but I have it earmarked for Saturday.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 12:50:31 PM
For the first time since 2014, Warped Cigars is bringing back the original size of its Don Reynaldo blend –  5 1/2 x 42 Coronas De Luxe.

The Don Reynaldo was created by Warped Cigars’ founder Kyle Gellis as a tribute to his father.

The Coronas De Luxe was released for a limited small batch run of 100 ten-count boxes (1,000 cigars). A few months later in 2015, Gellis added the 5 x 46 Don Reynaldo Regalos as an ongoing production. The Coronas De Luxe had not been released since. Like the original run, there the 2019 run of the Coronas de Luxe will be 100 ten-count boxes.

The Don Reynaldo line comes from the El Titan de Bronze factory in Miami, Florida. It consists of a Dominican Corojo wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and a combination of Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers.

The Don Reynaldo Coronas de Luxe was the #9: Cigar of the Year for 2015.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 12:52:28 PM
Happy Birthday Flip 🍻
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 12:57:39 PM
[...]
Sounds like you need to go back to sleep, then wake up and try this birthday thing again.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 01:05:03 PM
For the first time since 2014, Warped Cigars is bringing back the original size of its Don Reynaldo blend –  5 1/2 x 42 Coronas De Luxe.

The Don Reynaldo was created by Warped Cigars’ founder Kyle Gellis as a tribute to his father.

The Coronas De Luxe was released for a limited small batch run of 100 ten-count boxes (1,000 cigars). A few months later in 2015, Gellis added the 5 x 46 Don Reynaldo Regalos as an ongoing production. The Coronas De Luxe had not been released since. Like the original run, there the 2019 run of the Coronas de Luxe will be 100 ten-count boxes.

The Don Reynaldo line comes from the El Titan de Bronze factory in Miami, Florida. It consists of a Dominican Corojo wrapper, Nicaraguan binder, and a combination of Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers.

The Don Reynaldo Coronas de Luxe was the #9: Cigar of the Year for 2015.
Supply and demand is gonna be interesting in this one.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 01:08:17 PM
[...]

No price given but guessing $13-15/stick, might curtail the demand some.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 01:10:23 PM
[...]

Some folks seem to want the most expensive sticks no matter how the cigar is. I think the higher price improves sales.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 01:11:19 PM
Lordy what a lunch I had today at Simply Southern.  Fried Chicken, pulled pork, fried fatback, Lima beans, green beans, red rice and cornbread.  Peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 01:13:28 PM
[...]

The Don Reynaldo is a really good cigar, smoked one last weekend.  I bought them at the Famous Bid site for a decent price, no steal for sure though.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 01:14:06 PM
Lordy what a lunch I had today at Simply Southern.  Fried Chicken, pulled pork, fried fatback, Lima beans, green beans, red rice and cornbread.  Peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert.
That sounds pretty solid. I'm trying out a new to me Chinese place a few blocks away. Decent enough.

Must have been all the talk about eating cats earlier.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 01:21:26 PM
I did tuna fish sandwiches and bean/bacon soup.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 01:24:47 PM
I did tuna fish sandwiches and bean/bacon soup.
I had tuna sandwiches yesterday, good too.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 01:49:12 PM
Winner of $1.5B Mega Millions jackpot was woman who decided to take ‘scenic drive,’ lawyers say

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The winner of South Carolina’s $1.5 Billion Mega Millions jackpot has decided to remain anonymous, but lawyers revealed Thursday the winner is a woman who was simply visiting the area.

“This South Carolinian was in town visiting Greenville, and decided to go on a scenic drive during some down time,” her attorney Jason Kurland said in a statement. “As fate would have it, her drive took her past the KC Mart, where the signs showing the incredibly large jackpot caught her eye. She decided to take a chance and purchase a ticket, never once thinking she had the slightest chance to win.”

Kurland added that she checked her ticket the morning after the drawing and was in shock and disbelief, standing motionless for what felt like hours. He also said that the woman would like to start donating to charity beginning with the following charities:

Ronald McDonald House of Charities of Columbia, SC
One SC Fund – for Hurricane Florence Relief
In The Middle, Columbia, SC
City of Simpsonville Art Center
American Red Cross Alabama Region ‐ Tornado Relief Fund

“Words can’t describe the feeling of such incredible luck,” the winner said in a statement. “I do realize that such good fortune carries a tremendous social responsibility, and it gives me a unique opportunity to assist, support and contribute to charities and causes that are close to my heart.”
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 02:12:31 PM
[...]

I wonder how old she is.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 02:16:02 PM
[...]

Hahaha
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 02:16:21 PM
[...]

Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 02:16:44 PM
[...]

LALTS
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 02:17:47 PM
Oops, I think I just notified the Administrator/Mayor by accident 🤔
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 02:18:55 PM
LFD Ligero Lit, sunshine and 70° on the balcony.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 14, 2019, 02:24:01 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 02:25:24 PM
Oops, I think I just notified the Administrator/Mayor by accident
Don't worry. He ignores everything.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 02:27:07 PM
Oops, I think I just notified the Administrator/Mayor by accident
Don't worry. He ignores everything.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 02:30:57 PM
Hazzuh!
later Dave. hope you gave 'em hell today.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 02:31:33 PM
Hazzuh!
later Dave. hope you gave 'em hell today.
That's the only way he knows.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 02:33:52 PM
Nice 92% Off offer up on the Jam😂

Gurkha Fat Swami 15-Cigar Sampler

MSRP $595   $49.99
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 02:39:25 PM
UT named in class-action suit in college cheating scandal

Two women are suing eight elite universities, including the University of Texas, claiming that the schools have a “rigged” admissions process that allowed unqualified students to be accepted ahead of worthy candidates who paid admissions fees thinking they had a fair chance to be accepted.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 03:03:00 PM
Someone needs to check the obituaries for the Head Boiler Checker.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 03:31:31 PM
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 14, 2019, 04:20:04 PM
Sheesh!
napping in front of the Players Championship.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 04:31:51 PM
[...]

Sounds like she has a good head on he shoulders.  Now hopefully she will contribute to Clemson as well and not that chicken coop.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 04:32:28 PM
Someone needs to check the obituaries for the Head Boiler Checker.
I think he is thoroughly enjoying his days off.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 04:58:52 PM
Afternoon boyz.  Back from running around, GoTF toro and coffee in the man cave.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 04:59:59 PM
Nice 92% Off offer up on the Jam😂

Gurkha Fat Swami 15-Cigar Sampler

MSRP $595   $49.99
Gurk Titan's up now, but only 88% off.  Pffft...
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 05:42:53 PM
[...]

Cigar Fed is offering a five pack for $75.  And not even with FS.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 06:17:03 PM
[...]

I saw a deal on Curivari cigars. Curivari Coleccion #1 Robusto Sampler (Includes a Archimedes, Pythagoras, Socrates, Artistoteles, Democracia, Onassis, Centauro, and Ciclope) for $54 with FS. Is that good?
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 14, 2019, 06:20:46 PM
BUY ANY BOX OF

CURIVARI CIGARS

& YOUR ENTIRE ORDER SHIPS FREE

*10 count box prices start around $50

One of the hottest boutique brands on the market, Curivari has garnered mass appeal, and very high industry ratings with their large portfolio of top quality boutique cigars.

They are blended for a classic Cuban flavor profile that many aficionados love, not with focus on strength, but more looking for flavor and aroma in a right balance. All cigars are finished with a cuban triple cap... if we didn't tell you they're Nicaraguan, you'd probably mistake them for Havanas.

Using only finest aged Nicaraguan tobaccos made in small batches the old style Cuban way, this thriving marque has won over smokers by delivering the best product at a very affordable price.… Just look at this impressive lineup!

Almost all their cigars are 10 count boxes, but if don't want to order 10 of the same to get FREE GROUND SHIPPING, we'll waive the shipping when the order is processed as long as you have at least 10 Curivari Cigars in your order. Expires Monday 3/18/19. Offer valid on in-stock only product, excludes back orders. Free shipping applied automatically when box is added to cart.

http://www.egars.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=curivari&Search.x=0&Search.y=0
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 07:07:56 PM
[...]

I don't know anything about the Curivari.  We'll have to wait for our sensei to weigh in.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 07:48:43 PM
[...]

Good cigars but not great deal.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 14, 2019, 07:51:24 PM
[...]

More like she has a real good lawyer to write statements for her
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 07:51:46 PM
[...]

Something to be said for a sampler of s line you're not familiar with, but that's about the price for a box of 10.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:00:27 PM
Clemson has a practice of adding tombstones for top 25 teams defeated on the road.
Unveiled this years additions including Notre Dame and Alabama.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/LOOK-Clemson-adds-tombstones-for-wins-over-Alabama-Notre-Dame-and-BC-32542
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 08:01:53 PM
Also the following is fun to watch, especially for me!

https://www.tigernet.com/update/LOOK-Clemson-adds-tombstones-for-wins-over-Alabama-Notre-Dame-and-BC-32542
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 09:23:52 PM
[...]

No kidding.  And listed her charities in an attempt to keep the other wolves at bay.  Like that's going to work.
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 14, 2019, 09:24:32 PM
Clemson has a practice of adding tombstones for top 25 teams defeated on the road.
Unveiled this years additions including Notre Dame and Alabama.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/LOOK-Clemson-adds-tombstones-for-wins-over-Alabama-Notre-Dame-and-BC-32542
Isn't that cute..  ::)
Title: Re: 3/14/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 14, 2019, 10:35:15 PM
Clemson has a practice of adding tombstones for top 25 teams defeated on the road.
Unveiled this years additions including Notre Dame and Alabama.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/LOOK-Clemson-adds-tombstones-for-wins-over-Alabama-Notre-Dame-and-BC-32542
Isn't that cute..  ::)
Yea, nice little shamrock on the ND one too!