CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 01, 2019, 12:00:21 AM

Title: 7/1/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on July 01, 2019, 12:00:21 AM
July, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 04:57:58 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 05:22:07 AM
Morning Worker Bees and Retirees, Hot Coffee is served.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 05:23:32 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Everyone is sleeping, your clock is screwed up.

Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 05:44:06 AM
CDC warns about a parasite in pools that is making people sick

And here is all you need to know:  if you know anyone who has had diarrhea recently, don’t let them in the pool.

https://www.ksla.com/2019/07/01/cdc-warns-about-parasite-pools-that-is-making-people-sick/
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 05:48:51 AM
Had a boat wreck about a mile down the river from us last night about 8:45.  2 boats hit and the larger one wound upon top of the other boat.  Total of 12 injured with 4 of them transported to the hospital by ambulance.  No life threatening injuries.

Surprised we don’t have a lot more boat crashes around here than we do.  🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 05:56:31 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:26:57 AM
Morning Worker Bees and Retirees, Hot Coffee is served.
good morning Dave. thank you for making the coffee.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:27:42 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
good morning Tony. did you fall out of bed?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:29:39 AM
Had a boat wreck about a mile down the river from us last night about 8:45.  2 boats hit and the larger one wound upon top of the other boat.  Total of 12 injured with 4 of them transported to the hospital by ambulance.  No life threatening injuries.

Surprised we don’t have a lot more boat crashes around here than we do.  🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺
Dukes of Hazard on the waterways?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:31:40 AM
Scallop season opened today. stay off the water around here.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:32:24 AM
Happy Monday. heading to JAX for the monthly business meeting.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:33:07 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 06:49:44 AM
Happy Monday. heading to JAX for the monthly business meeting.
Morning, Dean. You go on more business trips than us workin' folk.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:51:35 AM
Happy Monday. heading to JAX for the monthly business meeting.
Morning, Dean. You go on more business trips than us workin' folk.
it pays well, indirectly.
business meetings 7th, 13-14, and 27th too.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 06:53:51 AM
CDC warns about a parasite in pools that is making people sick

And here is all you need to know:  if you know anyone who has had diarrhea recently, don’t let them in the pool.

https://www.ksla.com/2019/07/01/cdc-warns-about-parasite-pools-that-is-making-people-sick/
Yes, just a little bit of common sense there... if you swim in water that somebody just shit in, you might get sick.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 06:56:24 AM
Morning EarlyRiserTony, JavaDave, FloDave and MeetingsGaloreDean.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:01:30 AM
Jammin today at CI.  Kristoff sampler at the Sis, but it doesn't include my favorite, the Pistoff.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:02:43 AM
Holy Hooters....it's July already!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 07:02:44 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
It was quite late here actually.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/eb497d4f0dccfac3a6571b277e951917.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:04:18 AM
Today is Monday, July 1, the 182nd day of 2019. There are 183 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On July 1, 1991, President George H.W. Bush nominated federal appeals court judge Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court, beginning an ultimately successful confirmation process marked by allegations of sexual harassment.

On this date:
In 1863, the pivotal, three-day Civil War Battle of Gettysburg, resulting in a Union victory, began in Pennsylvania.
In 1867, Canada became a self-governing dominion of Great Britain as the British North America Act took effect.
In 1934, Hollywood began enforcing its Production Code subjecting motion pictures to censorship review.
In 1944, delegates from 44 countries began meeting at Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, where they agreed to establish the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
In 1946, the United States exploded a 20-kiloton atomic bomb near Bikini Atoll in the Pacific.
In 1961, Diana, the princess of Wales, was born in Sandringham, England. (She died in a 1997 car crash in Paris at age 36.)
In 1963, the U.S. Post Office inaugurated its five-digit ZIP codes.
In 1973, the Drug Enforcement Administration was established.
In 1991, the Warsaw Pact formally disbanded.
In 1995, rock-and-roll disc jockey Wolfman Jack died in Belvidere, North Carolina, at age 57.
In 1997, Hong Kong reverted to Chinese rule after 156 years as a British colony. Actor Robert Mitchum died in Santa Barbara, California, at age 79.
In 2002, the world's first permanent war crimes tribunal, the International Criminal Court, came into existence. A Russian passenger jet collided with a cargo plane over southern Germany, killing all 69 people, including 45 schoolchildren, on the Russian plane and the cargo jet pilots.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:05:10 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
It was quite late here actually.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/eb497d4f0dccfac3a6571b277e951917.jpg)
You're in Las Vegas?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:05:35 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
It was quite late here actually.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/eb497d4f0dccfac3a6571b277e951917.jpg)
You're in Las Vegas?
Or Epcot?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:06:31 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama held an hour-long town hall forum on health care reform in Annandale, Virginia, where, in an emotional moment, he hugged cancer patient Debby Smith, a volunteer for Obama's political operation, Organizing for America. Academy Award-winning actor Karl Malden, 97, died in Brentwood, California.

Five years ago: David Greenglass, the star witness in the trial of his sister, Ethel Rosenberg, and her husband, Julius, died in New York City at age 92. (The Rosenbergs were executed in 1953 for conspiring to pass secrets about the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union; Greenglass served 10 years in prison for espionage followed by years of living under an assumed name.)

One year ago: Mexican voters, angry over corruption and violence, elected leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador as president. Canada began imposing tariffs on $12.6 billion in U.S. goods as retaliation for the Trump administration's new taxes on steel and aluminum imported to the United States. LeBron James announced that he would be signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, leaving Cleveland for the second time in his career.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:10:31 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actress Olivia de Havilland is 103.
Actress-dancer Leslie Caron is 88.
Actress Jean Marsh is 85.
Actor Jamie Farr is 85.
Actor David Prowse is 84.
Cookiemaker Wally Amos is 83.
Dancer-choreographer Twyla Tharp is 78.
Actress Genevieve Bujold is 77.
Rock singer-actress Deborah Harry is 74.
Movie-TV producer-director Michael Pressman is 69.
Actor Daryl Anderson is 68.
Actor Trevor Eve is 68.
Actor Terrence Mann is 68.
Rock singer Fred Schneider (B-52's) is 68.
Pop singer Victor Willis (Village People) is 68.
Actor-comedian Dan Aykroyd is 67.
Actress Lorna Patterson is 63.
Actor Alan Ruck is 63.
Rhythm and blues singer Evelyn "Champagne" King is 59.
Olympic gold medal track star Carl Lewis is 58.
Country singer Michelle Wright is 58.
Actor Andre Braugher is 57.
Actor Dominic Keating is 57.
Actress Pamela Anderson is 52.
Rock musician Mark Pirro is 49.
Rock musician Franny Griffiths (Space) is 49.
Actor Henry Simmons is 49.
Hip-hop artist Missy Elliott is 48.
Actress Julianne Nicholson is 48.
Actress Melissa Peterman is 48.
Actress/writer Jill Kargman is 45.
Rock musician Bryan Devendorf (The National) is 44.
Singer/songwriter Sufjan Stevens is 44.
Actor Thomas Sadoski is 43.
Actress Liv Tyler is 42.
Bluegrass musician Adam Haynes (Dailey & Vincent) is 40.
Actress Hilarie Burton is 37.
Actress Lynsey Bartilson is 36.
Actress Lea Seydoux is 34.
Actor Evan Ellingson is 31.
Actors Andrew and Steven Cavarno are 27.
Actress/singer Chloe Bailey is 21.
Actress Storm Reid is 16.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:12:01 AM
Thought for Today: "In an age of multiple and massive innovations, obsolescence becomes the major obsession." — Marshall McLuhan, Canadian communications theorist (1911-1980).
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:19:18 AM
40% off AJF New World boxes at Atlantic this week.   50% off Capa del Sol and some others.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:19:59 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
It was quite late here actually.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/eb497d4f0dccfac3a6571b277e951917.jpg)
Bonjour Tony!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 07:27:34 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
It was quite late here actually.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/eb497d4f0dccfac3a6571b277e951917.jpg)
Clearly I missed something. Lol
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:46:57 AM
Where is everyone? Sheesh.
Present and accounted for. What were you doing up so early?
It was quite late here actually.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/eb497d4f0dccfac3a6571b277e951917.jpg)
Clearly I missed something. Lol
All those days of sneaking out most likely.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:50:43 AM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 07:51:23 AM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
I'm quite excited to have them!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 07:56:43 AM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 01, 2019, 08:50:13 AM
Happy Monday BargeChannelDave, OHDave, ClemsonDave, Overseas?Tony, and JaxDean.  Looking forward to a short work week.  I realize that means nothing to you retired guys who are cordially invited to GFT's.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 01, 2019, 08:55:47 AM
Ha I just rolled out of bed and wondered what it would be like to be working? Letting the dogs out and thinking about smoking a cigar

Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 01, 2019, 08:57:42 AM
So when Dean says he's going to a business meeting it's just a formal way of saying they are gonna drink coffee and bullshit.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 09:14:02 AM
So when Dean says he's going to a business meeting it's just a formal way of saying they are gonna drink coffee and bullshit.
That's how I read it. Morning, DeanForAWeekRick.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 01, 2019, 09:40:54 AM
So when Dean says he's going to a business meeting it's just a formal way of saying they are gonna drink coffee and bullshit.
That's how I read it. Morning, DeanForAWeekRick.
Hey good morning Dave.
A good start to any morning.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/8eb10dbf2b6acfdca8991cae91702ccc.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: razgueado on July 01, 2019, 09:58:57 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 10:00:01 AM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 10:00:46 AM
Morning GFYBean’O, AllBusinessDean’O, UpStateDave, and JustKill’nTimeBlue.

Edit:  Add Raz
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 10:00:58 AM
So when Dean says he's going to a business meeting it's just a formal way of saying they are gonna drink coffee and bullshit.
That's how I read it. Morning, DeanForAWeekRick.
Don't forget Miss Jacksonville...
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 10:01:39 AM
Morning SlackerRick and WristRocketRaz.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 10:03:22 AM
Warped Maestro Del Tiempo Lit and a Diet Coke.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 10:04:16 AM
Officials say alcohol may be a factor after Clemson student dies falling off roof Sunday
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: razgueado on July 01, 2019, 10:04:38 AM
Morning GFYBean’O, AllBusinessDean’O, UpStateDave, and JustKill’nTimeBlue.

Edit:  Add Raz
Morning, Scarfish.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: razgueado on July 01, 2019, 10:05:26 AM
Morning SlackerRick and WristRocketRaz.
Morning, Curator.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 10:08:58 AM
4 out of 56, pretty piss poor average, they must distribute rubber bullets in the crack bags.

CHICAGO HEAT: Citywide gun violence over the weekend left at least four people dead and 52 others hurt
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 10:11:48 AM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Orange is probably the base color for paint down there, huh?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 10:11:55 AM
Welcome to NJ Tax South UpStateDave!

According to a press release from the South Carolina Department of Revenue, gas prices will again increase by two cents per gallon across the state beginning Monday, July 1.

This is the third consecutive year of the state's motor fuel user fee plan.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on July 01, 2019, 10:43:37 AM
Morning SlackerRick and WristRocketRaz.
Haha I'm a slacker but deserve it
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 11:29:23 AM
Welcome To Downtown Austin, TX

Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 11:44:56 AM
If anyone ever wanted to buy 4 unknown cigars for $15, then boy, has the jam got a deal for you!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 01, 2019, 12:34:01 PM
Welcome To Downtown Austin, TX
But not in front of City Hall.  Fk'n hypocrites.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 12:53:43 PM
Welcome To Downtown Austin, TX
Looks like Paris.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 01:12:10 PM
Welcome To Downtown Austin, TX
But not in front of City Hall.  Fk'n hypocrites.
At least they're consistent with other politicians.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 01, 2019, 02:16:46 PM
Speaking of consistency, hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 01, 2019, 03:41:14 PM
Politician lull, the worst kind.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 01, 2019, 03:41:47 PM
In the man cave with a Southern Draw Firethorn toro and water.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 04:26:11 PM
Officials say alcohol may be a factor after Clemson student dies falling off roof Sunday
Ya think?  Not many folks are cleaning gutters after midnight...
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 04:27:56 PM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Orange is probably the base color for paint down there, huh?
No, we're flexible....use white and Regalia (purple) too!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 04:33:39 PM
Even the roadways are painted orange...
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 04:34:19 PM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Orange is probably the base color for paint down there, huh?
No, we're flexible....use white and Regalia (purple) too!
Prez house
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 01, 2019, 04:35:08 PM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Orange is probably the base color for paint down there, huh?
No, we're flexible....use white and Regalia (purple) too!
Our money is orange too!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:09:58 PM
I'm home. was working on flers and a few reports (three to do by Sunday), had a liverworst on onion sandwich on a hard roll, got 2 deliveries, 10 pair of glasses, and a few cigars. now I need a cup of coffee and fire up an Oliva O maduro.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:23:03 PM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Orange is probably the base color for paint down there, huh?
No, we're flexible....use white and Regalia (purple) too!
Our money is orange too!
well, if it means anything, I collect anything pelicans and flamingos.
🙄
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 01, 2019, 06:25:31 PM
I'm home. was working on flers and a few reports (three to do by Sunday), had a liverworst on onion sandwich on a hard roll, got 2 deliveries, 10 pair of glasses, and a few cigars. now I need a cup of coffee and fire up an Oliva O maduro.
Some nice cigars in that stash, but WTF do you need 10 pairs of glasses?
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: Threebean on July 01, 2019, 06:26:10 PM
On this trip I got to pick up some artwork by a past Clemson president (and past Deal of College of Architecture).  He does this for fun...doesn't steel any of his work.
Gonna hang those in the Clemson room? ;)
They will ALL be Clemson rooms!
Orange is probably the base color for paint down there, huh?
No, we're flexible....use white and Regalia (purple) too!
Prez house
You'll have to invite him and Dabo over for the first herf.  I'll arrive wearing some Irish gear 'cause it will be fun.  More so for you than me, but what the heck, got nothing to lose at this point.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 06:45:49 PM
I'm home. was working on flers and a few reports (three to do by Sunday), had a liverworst on onion sandwich on a hard roll, got 2 deliveries, 10 pair of glasses, and a few cigars. now I need a cup of coffee and fire up an Oliva O maduro.
Some nice cigars in that stash, but WTF do you need 10 pairs of glasses?
I'm old and forgetful.  had a pair in the den, kitchen, living room, night stand in the bedroom, and a pair in the truck. now I'm down to one faded and scratched pair that ain't worth a crap. $26 for the glasses. $88 for the smokes.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 07:00:12 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.

Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 07:05:22 PM
I'm home. was working on flers and a few reports (three to do by Sunday), had a liverworst on onion sandwich on a hard roll, got 2 deliveries, 10 pair of glasses, and a few cigars. now I need a cup of coffee and fire up an Oliva O maduro.
Some nice cigars in that stash, but WTF do you need 10 pairs of glasses?
I'm old and forgetful.  had a pair in the den, kitchen, living room, night stand in the bedroom, and a pair in the truck. now I'm down to one faded and scratched pair that ain't worth a crap. $26 for the glasses. $88 for the smokes.
Same problem for me, I buy them at Walmart in 3-packs for a little less than $10.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 07:17:36 PM
I'm home. was working on flers and a few reports (three to do by Sunday), had a liverworst on onion sandwich on a hard roll, got 2 deliveries, 10 pair of glasses, and a few cigars. now I need a cup of coffee and fire up an Oliva O maduro.
Some nice cigars in that stash, but WTF do you need 10 pairs of glasses?
I'm old and forgetful.  had a pair in the den, kitchen, living room, night stand in the bedroom, and a pair in the truck. now I'm down to one faded and scratched pair that ain't worth a crap. $26 for the glasses. $88 for the smokes.
Same problem for me, I buy them at Walmart in 3-packs for a little less than $10.
I'm older than you. 😂 but even after new eyeball lenses I still need readers. was just looking for the glasses I had paying a couple of bills and realized they were on top of my head. 😣
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 07:22:14 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
That looks yummo. I had steak frites...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/1109f2d2bcfdb0ca969d7cc30abc264c.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 07:23:16 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
That looks yummo. I had steak frites...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/1109f2d2bcfdb0ca969d7cc30abc264c.jpg)
And some crepes for dessert.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/9d9a2e84be3060fd278a0bcdc0ead47b.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 07:24:14 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
That looks yummo. I had steak frites...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/1109f2d2bcfdb0ca969d7cc30abc264c.jpg)
And some crepes for dessert.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/9d9a2e84be3060fd278a0bcdc0ead47b.jpg)
Oh yeah, I forgot the walnut salad...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/12e9a0f7b22f6c3b71b729bf77a5ef18.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 07:24:23 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
That looks yummo. I had steak frites...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/1109f2d2bcfdb0ca969d7cc30abc264c.jpg)
Yes sir, that steak & fries looks mighty good too.

You had the full deal tonight!
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 07:26:31 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
That looks yummo. I had steak frites...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/1109f2d2bcfdb0ca969d7cc30abc264c.jpg)
Yes sir, that steak & fries looks mighty good too.

You had the full deal tonight!
I'm still tracking all this on the weight watchers app. What a joke.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 07:26:46 PM
I'm home. was working on flers and a few reports (three to do by Sunday), had a liverworst on onion sandwich on a hard roll, got 2 deliveries, 10 pair of glasses, and a few cigars. now I need a cup of coffee and fire up an Oliva O maduro.
Some nice cigars in that stash, but WTF do you need 10 pairs of glasses?
I'm old and forgetful.  had a pair in the den, kitchen, living room, night stand in the bedroom, and a pair in the truck. now I'm down to one faded and scratched pair that ain't worth a crap. $26 for the glasses. $88 for the smokes.
Same problem for me, I buy them at Walmart in 3-packs for a little less than $10.
I'm older than you. 😂 but even after new eyeball lenses I still need readers. was just looking for the glasses I had paying a couple of bills and realized they were on top of my head. 😣
$4000 extra to add the reading lenses with cataract surgery and insurance does not pay for both.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 07:27:07 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
That looks yummo. I had steak frites...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/1109f2d2bcfdb0ca969d7cc30abc264c.jpg)
And some crepes for dessert.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/9d9a2e84be3060fd278a0bcdc0ead47b.jpg)
Oh yeah, I forgot the walnut salad...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190701/12e9a0f7b22f6c3b71b729bf77a5ef18.jpg)
very, VERY nice meal.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on July 01, 2019, 07:28:08 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
Served the tuna over some fresh spinach with balsamic vinegar & olive oil.

Key Lime Pie for dessert
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 07:28:25 PM
almost ready to start my reports.😥
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 07:29:06 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
Served the tuna over some fresh spinach with balsamic vinegar & olive oil.

Key Lime Pie for dessert
now I'm getting hungry again.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 07:40:29 PM
Fresh seared cracked pepper encrusted tuna for dinner.
Served the tuna over some fresh spinach with balsamic vinegar & olive oil.

Key Lime Pie for dessert
now I'm getting hungry again.
Me too.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 01, 2019, 08:36:15 PM
Dang, I thought we were getting to page 7 today.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:08:46 PM
reports are overwhelming me. coffee and smoke break.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:10:58 PM
One yellow jacket can break up a pool party or summer picnic; just imagine what 15,000 would do. Alabama natives are starting to do just that after multiple massive "super nests" were discovered in the state, according to an entomologist working with The Alabama Cooperative Extension System.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wasp-super-nest-wasps-are-building-super-nests-the-size-of-volkswagen-beetles-in-alabama/?ftag=CNM-00-10aag7e
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:12:11 PM
An Indiana man has been sentenced after taking a golf cart onto a busy roadway near Brownwood.

Justin Robert Berg, 39, of Marion, Ind. had been at the wheel of a tan Yamaha golf cart at 2:10 a.m. March 26 on Powell Road when he made a U-turn and was spotted by a Wildwood police officer. When the officer turned on his lights and initiated a traffic stop at Powell Road and Brownwood Boulevard, Berg jumped from the golf cart and approached the squad car. Berg was “argumentative and had a difficult time verbalizing what he was doing,” the officer wrote in the report. The officer was trying to determine where Berg was attempting to go.

“I could smell the aroma of alcohol coming off Berg’s person, I requested to perform a field sobriety test multiple times, Berg refused each time,” the officer said.

When Berg was taken to the Sumter County Detention Center, he agreed to provide a breath sample. The readings registered .151 and .140 blood alcohol content.

Earlier this month in Sumter County Court, Berg entered a plea of no contest in the case. He will lose his driver’s license for six months, has been placed on probation for six months and has been ordered to perform 50 hours of community service.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:13:02 PM
A 68-year-old Villager was jailed in a chair-throwing incident at a Brownwood bar where a bartender attempted to cut him off.

Wildwood police were called shortly before 11 p.m. Sunday to World of Beer at Brownwood Paddock Square where James Frederick Kanally, who lives at 2409 Hill St. in the Village of Sanibel, allegedly attacked a female bartender.

The Kanas City native had attempted to order a beer at the outside bar, but the bartender recognized that Kanally was already intoxicated, according to the arrest report. Kanally “began to get aggressive and began to insult persons around” him, the officer wrote in the report. The bartender told Kanally to leave.

Instead, he got close to the bartender and put his hand by her face. She swatted his hand away, but Kanally grabbed her left forearm and began to twist it. She yelled that police would be called, so he let go, but pushed her into the computer system, the report said. He jumped over the bar and threw chairs at the restaurant.

A police officer attempted to speak with Kanllay who “had great difficulties listening and answering questions” because he was “significantly under the influence.”

Customers at World of Beer verified the bartender’s account of what happened.

Kanally was arrested on charges of battery and disorderly intoxication.

He was booked at the Sumter County Detention Center on $1,500 bond.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:14:42 PM
A woman who works at Taco Bell in The Villages was arrested after she was found in a car with cocaine, a large amount of cash and a loaded gun.

Kalee Ann Proppe, 21, of Fruitland Park, was riding in a gold Mazda at 3:25 p.m. Sunday which had been traveling at a high rate of speed on Micro Racetrack Road, according to an arrest report from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.

The driver of the vehicle was identified as Jovante Deshawn Hall, 18, of Belleview, who did not have a valid driver’s license and the vehicle did not have a proper license plate attached.

A search of the car turned up $255 in cash, 18.6 grams of pills determined to be MDMA, methamphetamine and a loaded 9mm Ruger with one round in the chamber and 11 rounds loaded in a black magazine.

Jovante Hall
Proppe, who works at the Taco Bell at Southern Trace Plaza in The Villages, was found to be in possession of cocaine.

Hall was arrested on drug charges, driving without a license and for having an improper tag on the vehicle. He was also cited for speeding 54 miles per hour in a 35 mph zone.

Hall was booked at the Lake County Jail on $30,000 bond.

Proppe was booked at the jail and released after posting $2,000 bond.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:17:40 PM
A woman who stopped her vehicle in the left lane of U.S. Hwy. 27 to secure a piece of furniture was killed Thursday morning when she was hit by another car.

The crash, which took place around 11 a.m. near Singletary Park, forced the closure of all of the highway’s southbound lanes and traffic was diverted onto an alternate route for about three hours.

A preliminary investigation showed that 37-year-old Tokevia Williams was traveling south on U.S. Hwy. 27 when she collided with an unoccupied black 2006 Subaru Baja that was stopped in the left lane of the roadway, a Leesburg Police report states.

Witnesses said that a piece of furniture had fallen out of the Subaru and the female driver was standing at the rear of the vehicle attempting to re-secure the item when the collision occurred, a Leesburg Police report states.

The name of the woman who was killed is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, the report says.

The crash remains under investigation and anyone with further information is asked to contact Leesburg Police investigators at (352) 728-2121.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:19:24 PM
Dang, I thought we were getting to page 7 today.
best I can do.
Title: Re: 7/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on July 01, 2019, 09:36:04 PM
reports are overwhelming me. coffee and smoke break.
on my ass.