CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 07, 2020, 12:01:20 AM

Title: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: CigarBanter on September 07, 2020, 12:01:20 AM
Happy Labor Day!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 12:15:39 AM
Happy day off.
If CB won’t post groundhog updates then I’ll just cut and paste.
“Oh, the mother groundhog took a run at the doe and her fawns when she had the youngens out the other night. Pretty damn feisty if you ask me.”
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 05:36:54 AM
Feels like ground hog day for me....
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 07:32:16 AM
Happy No Labor Labor Day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 07:54:17 AM
Happy No Labor Labor Day.
For some of us.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 07:59:34 AM
Happy No Labor Labor Day.
For some of us.
Good morning Dean.
sorry you don't get to enjoy the long weekend Rick.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 09:05:57 AM
well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 10:16:33 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and CrossPostingOy.  Morning cigar in the forecast here.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:34:42 AM
well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:35:18 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and CrossPostingOy.  Morning cigar in the forecast here.
That's a fine thing!
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:35:49 AM
How did you like that Warped Flor de Valle Bean?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:36:35 AM
Morning Rick, Bean, Dean and SurrogateOy.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:39:08 AM
Today is Monday, Sept. 7, the 251st day of 2020.

There are 115 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On September 7, 1940, Nazi Germany began its eight-month blitz of Britain during World War II with the first air attack on London.

On this date:
In 1892, James J. Corbett knocked out John L. Sullivan to win the world heavyweight crown in New Orleans in a fight conducted under the Marquess of Queensberry rules.
In 1907, the British liner RMS Lusitania set out from Liverpool, England, on its maiden voyage, arriving six days later in New York.
In 1963, the National Professional Football Hall of Fame was dedicated in Canton, Ohio.

In 1972, the International Olympic Committee banned Vince Matthews and Wayne Collett of the U.S. from further competition for talking to each other on the victory stand in Munich during the playing of the “Star-Spangled Banner” after winning the gold and silver medals in the 400-meter run.
In 1977, the Panama Canal treaties, calling for the U.S. to eventually turn over control of the waterway to Panama, were signed in Washington by President Jimmy Carter and Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos (toh-REE’-hohs).
In 1979, the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) made its cable TV debut.
In 1986, Desmond Tutu was installed as the first Black clergyman to lead the Anglican Church in southern Africa.
In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur was shot and mortally wounded on the Las Vegas Strip; he died six days later.

In 2005, police and soldiers went house to house in New Orleans to try to coax the last stubborn holdouts into leaving the city shattered by Hurricane Katrina. President George W. Bush led the nation in a final tribute to William H. Rehnquist, remembering the late chief justice as the Supreme Court’s steady leader and a man of lifetime integrity.
In 2007, Osama bin Laden appeared in a video for the first time in three years, telling Americans they should convert to Islam if they wanted the war in Iraq to end.

In 2008, troubled mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were placed in government conservatorship.
In 2014, Serena Williams won her third consecutive U.S. Open championship and 18th major title overall, taking 75 minutes to beat good friend Caroline Wozniacki 6-3, 6-3.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:40:02 AM
Ten years ago: A Chinese fishing trawler and two Japanese patrol boats collided near disputed islands in the East China Sea, further straining relations between Beijing and Tokyo. Lucius Walker, 80, who’d led an annual pilgrimage of aid volunteers to Cuba in defiance of the nearly half century U.S. trade embargo, died in New York.

Five years ago: Hillary Clinton, interviewed by The Associated Press during a campaign swing through Iowa, said she did not need to apologize for using a private email account and server while at the State Department because “what I did was allowed.” Courting unions on Labor Day, President Barack Obama denounced Republicans for a “constant attack on working Americans,” telling a rally in Boston that he was using his executive power to force federal contractors to give paid sick leave to their employees. Former child star Dickie Moore, 89, died in Connecticut.

One year ago: President Donald Trump said he had canceled a secret weekend meeting at Camp David with Taliban and Afghan leaders, just days before the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, after a bombing in the past week in Kabul that killed 12 people, including an American soldier. India’s lunar lander crashed on the surface of the moon, where it was supposed to deploy a rover to search for signs of water; a successful landing would have made India just the fourth country to land a vessel on the lunar surface. Nineteen-year-old Bianca Andreescu won her first Grand Slam title, beating Serena Williams 6-3, 7-5 in the final of the U.S. Open. After being released by the Oakland Raiders without playing a regular season game, wide receiver Antonio Brown was signed by the New England Patriots. (The Patriots would release Brown two weeks later after a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct.)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 10:40:32 AM
Good morning Mr Bean and Clemson Dave
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:42:37 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Jazz musician Sonny Rollins is 90.
Singer Gloria Gaynor is 77.
Singer Alfa Anderson (Chic) is 74.
Actor Susan Blakely is 72.
Rock musician Dennis Thompson (MC5) is 72.
Actor Julie Kavner is 70.
Rock singer Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) is 69.
musician Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) is 67.
Actor Corbin Bernsen is 66.
Actor Michael Emerson is 66.
Pianist Michael Feinstein is 64.
Singer/songwriter Diane Warren is 64.
Singer Margot Chapman is 63.
Actor J. Smith-Cameron is 63. Actor W. Earl Brown is 57.
Actor Toby Jones is 54.
Actor-comedian Leslie Jones (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 53.
Model-actor Angie Everhart is 51.
Actor Diane Farr is 51.
Country singer Butter (Trailer Choir) is 50.
Actor Monique Gabriela Curnen is 50.
Actor Tom Everett Scott is 50.
Rock musician Chad Sexton (311) is 50.
Actor Shannon Elizabeth is 47.
Actor Oliver Hudson is 44.
Actor Devon Sawa (SAH’-wuh) is 42.
Actor JD Pardo is 41.
Actor Benjamin Hollingsworth (TV: “Code Black”) is 36.
Actor Alyssa Diaz (TV: “Ray Donovan”; “Zoo”) is 35.
Singer-musician Wes Willis (Rush of Fools) is 34.
Actor Evan Rachel Wood is 33.
Actor Ian Chen (TV: “Fresh Off the Boat”) is 14.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:44:06 AM
Lou Brock, dead at 81
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:47:10 AM
Lou Brock, dead at 81
"Brock for Broglio”
Hadn't heard that one before.  My new thing learned today.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:50:42 AM
Good to have some college football to watch on Saturday.  BYU and Navy tonight.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 10:52:40 AM
New Ave and MOW sampler from AJ at CI.  Pricing not so great though.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/joecigar
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 11:12:45 AM
5 boats sink in Texas Trump boat parade...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-trump-boat-parade-the-wake-of-other-boats-caused-5-boats-to-sink-sheriff-s-office-says/ar-BB18N5nP?ocid=msedgntp
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2020, 11:39:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.  Happy Labor Day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 11:41:37 AM
Good morning, gentlemen. Happy Labor Day.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 11:43:37 AM
Labor Day Sale at Smoke Inn.  20% off with LBRDAY
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 11:44:12 AM
Good Day Raz and Tony.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 11:44:30 AM
You still at the beach Tony?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 12:03:32 PM
Not a bad price on Caldwell/Booth The "T" Short Churchill at JR.

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/caldwell-the-t./short-churchill/CATTSC.html#start=1&sz=20
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 12:19:47 PM
morning Mark, Dave, Raz, and Tony.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 12:22:22 PM
well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....
nope, in fact she just stopped by with some treats to enjoy after lunch seeing how I read my sticker wrong and still have 3,000 miles left on my oil. think I'll put some miles on her later.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 12:57:30 PM
How did you like that Warped Flor de Valle Bean?
Enjoyed it.  As for the Warped line I'm spoiled by the Lirio Rojo though.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 01:00:56 PM
well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....
nope, in fact she just stopped by with some treats to enjoy after lunch seeing how I read my sticker wrong and still have 3,000 miles left on my oil. think I'll put some miles on her later.
Truck, mystery woman, or both?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 01:03:21 PM
First cigar of the day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/749727a8be9c643703d469cf95640c9a.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: fnsmag on September 07, 2020, 01:21:34 PM
New Ave and MOW sampler from AJ at CI.  Pricing not so great though.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/joecigar
Does 15% off with code CIAFFCJ15 make it more desirable? Asking for a me.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 01:23:52 PM
well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....
nope, in fact she just stopped by with some treats to enjoy after lunch seeing how I read my sticker wrong and still have 3,000 miles left on my oil. think I'll put some miles on her later.
Truck, mystery woman, or both?
😁
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 01:37:32 PM
How did you like that Warped Flor de Valle Bean?
Enjoyed it.  As for the Warped line I'm spoiled by the Lirio Rojo though.
Worth getting spoiled by,!
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 01:39:18 PM
New Ave and MOW sampler from AJ at CI.  Pricing not so great though.
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/joecigar
Does 15% off with code CIAFFCJ15 make it more desirable? Asking for a me.
You can get them both much cheaper on CigarBid if you are a little patient.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 01:41:09 PM
Starting off with an S&R by Black Works on this lovely afternoon.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 01:41:37 PM
Starting off with an S&R by Black Works on this lovely afternoon.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 07, 2020, 01:43:35 PM
Got brats, burgers and pork roll, so todays grilling should last most of the week. I don't have a hollow leg like Dean.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 02:13:34 PM
Got brats, burgers and pork roll, so todays grilling should last most of the week. I don't have a hollow leg like Dean.
Going to grill steaks and chicken later, and yeah, should last the rest of the week.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 02:29:52 PM
You still at the beach Tony?
No sir. We got back late last night. Just getting ready for start of remote schooling tomorrow.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 02:40:02 PM
On to a La Barba
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/516f12973c5d6cac7a0672a49ae38186.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 02:52:37 PM
On to a La Barba
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/516f12973c5d6cac7a0672a49ae38186.jpg)
Expecting all my held mail to arrive tomorrow. Should be a few brown boxes in there.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: FloridaDean on September 07, 2020, 03:31:58 PM
California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19 😲

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 04:09:48 PM
California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 04:14:09 PM
California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
Since 2006, the you're lucky you're working attitude has been pissing me off. I once told a boss, "you're lucky I'm working for you". I was laid off within a year. Coincidence?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 04:14:50 PM
3 positions in my department have stayed vacant because the bean counters are claiming a deficit. 30 people from our facilities team aren't coming back but they can outsource their jobs like WTF
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 04:18:55 PM
3 positions in my department have stayed vacant because the bean counters are claiming a deficit. 30 people from our facilities team aren't coming back but they can outsource their jobs like WTF
I had a boss tell me that help was coming for about two years before I finally quit. Corporate bullshit is the worst. One day he finally told me that if I could do better, I should quit. I did just that, within two weeks.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 04:20:00 PM
I better just chill.....(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/1a86cd0963411418b7d7820a7d5495c2.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 04:21:01 PM
I better just chill.....(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/1a86cd0963411418b7d7820a7d5495c2.jpg)
Great idea, Rick.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 04:22:59 PM
3 positions in my department have stayed vacant because the bean counters are claiming a deficit. 30 people from our facilities team aren't coming back but they can outsource their jobs like WTF
I had a boss tell me that help was coming for about two years before I finally quit. Corporate bullshit is the worst. One day he finally told me that if I could do better, I should quit. I did just that, within two weeks.
Good for you. I have some incentives worked into my contract. I lose them. I'm shopping.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 04:24:33 PM
Boone better get his club in order
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 04:33:23 PM
Boone better get his club in order
No joke. We're losing stupid games. And not just losing but getting our asses handed to us.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 04:40:30 PM
well I'm going to labor my way through some breakfast and head to the garage for an oil change.
Oh, so the mystery woman is over.....
nope, in fact she just stopped by with some treats to enjoy after lunch seeing how I read my sticker wrong and still have 3,000 miles left on my oil. think I'll put some miles on her later.
she knows her sticks.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 04:41:14 PM
First cigar of the day.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/749727a8be9c643703d469cf95640c9a.jpg)
i had. the same, great minds 😂
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 04:46:03 PM
Chilly 🥶
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 04:50:21 PM
Chilly
Sorry to hear it. Enjoying the unofficial last day of summer here at the swim club.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/8150f183456e08db09b7019d44d6665f.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 05:41:06 PM
97 deg, feels like 104 deg.  About to put the meat on the grill.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2020, 05:46:47 PM
California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
It's nice to work for a Public Health agency and get assigned to the Incident Management Team when a pandemic hits.  I didn't get hazard pay, but I got overtime and shift differential.  Yes, the government gave me $1200 of my money back, but given how much they've stolen from me over the past four decades, it wasn't really much of a perk.  I'm sure it got lots of people really excited, all those people who also like giving the IRS interest-free loans so they can get a big refund.  Sigh.  But I'm sure not turning it down.  It's my money.

I do feel bad for those who have been thrown out of work.  I'm contributing to several.  I'd contribute to more, but the government takes so much to fund THEIR charities that they don't leave enough.

Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 05:47:57 PM
97 deg, feels like 104 deg.  About to put the meat on the grill.
That sounds like a euphemism if I ever heard one.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 05:50:48 PM
California begins sending extra $900 to those unemployed due to COVID-19

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-07/california-unemployment-900-payment-covid-19-jobless-trump
I would like to see a bump to those who went to work throughout this thing. Yes some have received hazard pay in some states and professions. Though many employers have the attitude your lucky to be working. I feel bad for many who have lost their job. I know personally people who did not look for other employment because they received more than they would just collecting.
It's nice to work for a Publich Health agency and get assigned to the Incident Management Team when a pandemic hits.  I didn't get hazard pay, but I got overtime and shift differential.  Yes, the government gave me $1200 of my money back, but given how much they've stolen from me over the past four decades, it wasn't really much of a perk.  I'm sure it got lots of people really excited, all those people who also like giving the IRS interest-free loans so they can get a big refund.  Sigh.  But I'm sure not turning it down.  It's my money.

I do feel bad for those who have been thrown out of work.  I'm contributing to several.  I'd contribute to more, but the government takes so much to fund THEIR charities that they don't leave enough.
just open up and let who want to work .....WORK!
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2020, 05:54:25 PM
[...]

  I agree.  Unfortunately, the governor doesn't.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 06:01:27 PM
[...]

Work?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: razgueado on September 07, 2020, 06:03:39 PM
[...]

Does any governor?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 06:05:41 PM
[...]

Exactly. So I keep my expectations low.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 06:25:06 PM
[...]

SD is open
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 06:44:08 PM
[...]

Even on Labor Day?
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 07:23:03 PM
Boone better get his club in order
No joke. We're losing stupid games. And not just losing but getting our asses handed to us.
Yeah last year you felt they could always comeback whenever down. Right now they just plain suck.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 07:23:43 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 07:52:39 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
yumm
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 07:55:35 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
yumm
The meat turned out great (TWSS)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: bluecollar on September 07, 2020, 08:05:02 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
yumm
The meat turned out great (TWSS)
Nothing beats charcoal
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 08:32:42 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
I loves me some chicken thighs. They look perfect.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2020, 09:17:00 PM
Copying off Mark.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200908/f7032dd5818ae8b35b7eb457d394f530.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 09:27:29 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
I loves me some chicken thighs. They look perfect.
Thanks. Cheated and oven baked them low for 40 min before putting them on the grill. They were yummo.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Threebean on September 07, 2020, 09:29:30 PM
Copying off Mark.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200908/f7032dd5818ae8b35b7eb457d394f530.jpg)
Solid connie for sure.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 07, 2020, 09:33:25 PM
Copying off Mark.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200908/f7032dd5818ae8b35b7eb457d394f530.jpg)
Solid connie for sure.
No question.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 07, 2020, 09:39:01 PM
Steaks off the grill, chicken thighs done, too.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200907/4d5efa6bb38d6c90eec9ab516d10452e.jpg)
I loves me some chicken thighs. They look perfect.
Thanks. Cheated and oven baked them low for 40 min before putting them on the grill. They were yummo.
I did almost the opposite the other night. The place I was renting had a grill that ran out of gas. So I finished them in the oven for about 40 minutes. They came out great also.
Title: Re: 9/7/2020 - Labor Day
Post by: Oyam18 on September 07, 2020, 09:44:17 PM
Copying off Mark.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200908/f7032dd5818ae8b35b7eb457d394f530.jpg)
Solid connie for sure.
No question.
i may need to let them rest longer. I still get lots of Wood/cedar as the main flavor.