CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 04, 2020, 12:00:58 AM

Title: 9/4/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on September 04, 2020, 12:00:58 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 12:26:57 AM
having some health issues. my heart acting up again after 7 years. talked to my PA this morning, doing a video chat with my doctor in the morning, and my rheumatologist called saying to avoid the ER unless absolutely needed. just rest, drink clear fluids, no coffee, and no smoking.
My thoughts are with you, Deano. Hope all goes well.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 12:30:47 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 05:46:43 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:00:26 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
Gonna be a slow day, huh?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:00:45 AM
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:02:45 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:13:06 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 08:14:28 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:27:37 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
I'll be staying away from cigarbid for some time. Also recently picked up a 20-count box of Rosa de Guadalupe and an 18-count tube of MUWAT kentucky fire cured lanceros for $100 shipped. Never tried either but I've heard decent things about the Rosa and I figured the MUWAT could be an interesting change of pace.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:31:16 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
I'll be staying away from cigarbid for some time. Also recently picked up a 20-count box of Rosa de Guadalupe and an 18-count tube of MUWAT kentucky fire cured lanceros for $100 shipped. Never tried either but I've heard decent things about the Rosa and I figured the MUWAT could be an interesting change of pace.
And then on a third order, I got 10 Valkyrie robustos for $30 shipped. Even with once a week shipping I wasn't able to coordinate them all to be sent together. Anyhoo ~$170 is enough to spend on cigars for now.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 08:35:48 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
I'll be staying away from cigarbid for some time. Also recently picked up a 20-count box of Rosa de Guadalupe and an 18-count tube of MUWAT kentucky fire cured lanceros for $100 shipped. Never tried either but I've heard decent things about the Rosa and I figured the MUWAT could be an interesting change of pace.
The Rosa is a solid smoke, and you're right, the MUWAT is a nice change when you want to mix it up a bit.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 08:36:28 AM
[...]
At the rate you smoke, these purchases should last you for 2-3 years. ;)
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 08:39:04 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Proud of you Tony!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 08:41:52 AM
[...]
Like that Rosa for sure.  MUWAT fire cured just didn't do it for me.  Interesting experiment, but profile not for me.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 08:42:19 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:44:36 AM
[...]
Exactly. Just adding to the collection. Although I envision a day where I'm retired and smoke daily. Of course, I also envision death and the family giving away all my cigars.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 08:46:42 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Good morning, PeerPressureDave.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 08:47:40 AM
[...]
I can easily see either one happening here, too.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 08:47:53 AM
Morning Tony and Dave.
Morning, SecondDave.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 09:01:19 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:01:53 AM
Tony's elusive La Barba sampler back up on the jam.  Tony, Tony, Tony...
Missed them again on the jam but picked up two sampler packs from cigarbid.
Score! How much did you wind up getting them for?
$15.50 each. But then when you add shipping and tax, my guess is that they'll come out to $21. Still better than the jam.
I'm not even sure I wanted them but peer pressure, amIright?
Peer pressure is a son of a bitch. But that's a good price to give them a whirl.
True, and you're paying the tax either way.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:03:27 AM
[...]
Agreed on the Kentucky fire cured.  A bit weird.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:04:52 AM
[...]
Those KFC's are going to stick up your humi.  Might want to find storage with some non-premium neighbors.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:06:10 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
Agreed.  Hope your ticker gets its mojo back.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:07:06 AM
Morning cigar shoppers.  Already thinking about an afternoon stick.  (TWSS).
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 09:14:34 AM
Morning cigar shoppers.  Already thinking about an afternoon stick.  (TWSS).
Did she, though? Morning, WishfulThinkingMark.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 09:15:14 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
I see his point, but yours as well. You go into the ER for something, and you're nearly guaranteed to come out with something else. A cold, the flu, something.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:16:52 AM
Today is Friday, Sept. 4, the 248th day of 2020.
There are 118 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Sept. 4, 1781, Los Angeles was founded by Spanish settlers under the leadership of Governor Felipe de Neve.

On this date:

In 1888, George Eastman received a patent for his roll-film box camera, and registered his trademark: “Kodak.”

In 1944, during World War II, British troops liberated Antwerp, Belgium.

In 1957, Arkansas Gov. Orval Faubus used Arkansas National Guardsmen to prevent nine Black students from entering all-white Central High School in Little Rock. Ford Motor Co. began selling its ill-fated Edsel.

In 1962, The Beatles, with new drummer Ringo Starr, recorded “Love Me Do” at EMI Studios in London. (The more familiar version with substitute drummer Andy White and Starr on tambourine was recorded a week later.)

In 1969, the Food and Drug Administration issued a report calling birth control pills “safe,” despite a slight risk of fatal blood-clotting disorders linked to the pills.

In 1971, an Alaska Airlines jet crashed near Juneau, killing all 111 people on board.

In 1974, the United States established diplomatic relations with East Germany.

In 1998, Internet services company Google filed for incorporation in California.

In 1999, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat signed a breakthrough land-for-security agreement during a ceremony in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.

In 2006, “Crocodile Hunter” Steve Irwin, 44, died after a stingray’s barb pierced his chest.

In 2014, comedian Joan Rivers died at a New York hospital at age 81, a week after going into cardiac arrest in a doctor’s office during a routine medical procedure.

In 2018, Amazon became the second publicly-traded company to reach $1 trillion in market value, following closely behind Apple. Comic actor Bill Daily, the sidekick to leading men on TV’s “I Dream of Jeannie” and “The Bob Newhart Show,” died in New Mexico at the age of 91.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:17:48 AM
Ten years ago: Protesters hurled shoes and eggs at Tony Blair in Dublin, Ireland, as he held the first public signing of his memoir as British prime minister amid high security. Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Paul Conrad, 86, died in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Five years ago: Hosting Saudi Arabia’s new monarch for the first time, President Barack Obama said the U.S. shared King Salman’s desire for an inclusive, functioning government in Yemen; their talks also addressed the Iran nuclear deal, a source of lingering tension in the U.S.-Saudi relationship. Hundreds of migrants, exhausted after breaking away from police and marching for hours toward Western Europe, boarded buses provided by Hungary’s government after Austria and Germany said they would let them in.

One year ago: During an Oval Office meeting, President Donald Trump displayed a map of the National Hurricane Center forecast for nearly a week earlier that showed that Hurricane Dorian could track over Florida; the map included what appeared to be a hand-drawn half-circle that extended the cone of uncertainty over part of Alabama. (Trump had been publicly corrected by the National Weather Service after he had tweeted that Alabama would be among the states that would likely be hit “harder than anticipated.”) A list of spending projects released by the Pentagon showed that officials would be cutting funding from projects including schools, target ranges and maintenance facilities to pay for the construction of 175 miles of fencing along the U.S.-Mexico border; a total of $3.6 billion would be diverted to the barrier.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 09:18:54 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
I see his point, but yours as well. You go into the ER for something, and you're nearly guaranteed to come out with something else. A cold, the flu, something.
that was why I called his office. talked to two assistants, neither suggested the ER and the doctor would set up a video call. what's that all about?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:21:30 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Mitzi Gaynor is 89.
Soul singer Sonny Charles is 80.
Actor Kenneth Kimmins is 79.
Singer Merald “Bubba” Knight (Gladys Knight & The Pips) is 78.
TV personality and veterinarian Dr. Jan (yahn) Pol (TV: “The Incredible Dr. Pol”) is 78.
World Golf Hall of Famer Raymond Floyd is 78.
Actor Jennifer Salt is 76.
World Golf Hall of Famer Tom Watson is 71.
Rhythm-and-blues musician Ronald LaPread is 70.
Actor Judith Ivey is 69.
Rock musician Martin Chambers (The Pretenders) is 69.
Actor Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs is 67.
Actor Khandi Alexander is 63.
Actor-comedian Damon Wayans Sr. is 60.
Rock musician Kim Thayil is 60.
Actor Richard Speight Jr. is 51.
Actor Noah Taylor is 51.
Actor Ione (eye-OH’-nee) Skye is 50.
Actor-singer James Monroe Iglehart is 46.
Pop-rock singer-DJ-musician-producer Mark Ronson is 45.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Richard Wingo (Jagged Edge) is 45.
Rock musician Ian Grushka (New Found Glory) is 43.
Actor Wes Bentley is 42.
Actor Max Greenfield is 41.
Country singer Granger Smith is 41.
Singer Dan Miller (O Town) is 40.
Singer Beyonce (bee-AHN’-say) Knowles is 39.
Country singer-musician Tom Gossin (Gloriana) is 39.
Actor-comedian Whitney Cummings is 38.
Actor-comedian Kyle Mooney (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 36.
Folk-rock musician Neyla Pekarek (NEE’-lah peh-KAYR’-ehk) (formerly with The Lumineers) is 34.
Pop-rock singer-songwriter James Bay is 30.
Actor Carter Jenkins is 29.
Actor Trevor Gagnon is 25.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:23:01 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 09:24:10 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
I see his point, but yours as well. You go into the ER for something, and you're nearly guaranteed to come out with something else. A cold, the flu, something.
that was why I called his office. talked to two assistants, neither suggested the ER and the doctor would set up a video call. what's that all about?
Sounds like they should get the chewing out.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 09:24:44 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:26:09 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
I see his point, but yours as well. You go into the ER for something, and you're nearly guaranteed to come out with something else. A cold, the flu, something.
that was why I called his office. talked to two assistants, neither suggested the ER and the doctor would set up a video call. what's that all about?
It means you can relax at home, have a cigar and cup of coffee and go over stuff with the doctor.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:27:17 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
Texas CarolinaDave was always good at that... :-\
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:29:26 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Guess we gotta wait until 9:00 when the IT guys roll in....unless they made it a long holiday weekend....
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 09:33:53 AM
Caldwell (Booth) Hit and Run Part Deux at the Sis.  Not a bad deal at $5 a stick.

https://www.cigar.com/p/caldwell-hit-and-run-part-deux-booths-sursie-cigar-cigars/2028207/
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:36:49 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Guess we gotta wait until 9:00 when the IT guys roll in....unless they made it a long holiday weekend....
Or it's raining in PA.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:49:01 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Joe is still dancing, the offerings are still changing, but the bar is gone, and it says "Sorry, this special is no longer available".  Gotta love CI IT.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 09:50:58 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
a few decent deals there. I'm tempted.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 09:56:49 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Joe is still dancing, the offerings are still changing, but the bar is gone, and it says "Sorry, this special is no longer available".  Gotta love CI IT.
And now they have Undercrown Sungrowns up for $8 per. Hope that's an IT issue.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 10:24:08 AM
good morning Tony and Daves.
I just got an ass chewing from my doctor. should have gone to the ER Wednesday when this started. I told him I don't like ER's now days, people check in but don't check out. he's going to line up a cardiologist for me.
I see his point, but yours as well. You go into the ER for something, and you're nearly guaranteed to come out with something else. A cold, the flu, something.
that was why I called his office. talked to two assistants, neither suggested the ER and the doctor would set up a video call. what's that all about?
Sounds like they should get the chewing out.
The mystery woman might get jealous.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 10:25:47 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Joe is still dancing, the offerings are still changing, but the bar is gone, and it says "Sorry, this special is no longer available".  Gotta love CI IT.
They fixed that, but now Gurkha's are up for the rest of the day...
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 10:32:45 AM
Small Batch Cigar Labor Day Offerings:

SBC Labor Day Specials!

Hope everyone is having a great week. We have a total of four different tiers for our Labor Day special starting now and ending Labor Day (9/7/2020) at midnight!

LD1 = 15% off plus 5% reward points with a surprise cigar. No order minimum.

LD2 = 20% off plus 5% reward points plus a Davidoff Anniversary No.2 on orders $200 or more.

LD3 = 25% off plus 5% reward points plus a one Davidoff Master Blender Selection 1, 2 and 3 on orders $400 or more. (Limited to 30 uses)

LD4 = 5% off plus plus 5% reward points and one Davidoff Oro Blanco on purchases $999+ (Limited to 3 uses)

Please log in before using code
(Mr. Bean)
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 10:35:16 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Joe is still dancing, the offerings are still changing, but the bar is gone, and it says "Sorry, this special is no longer available".  Gotta love CI IT.
They fixed that, but now Gurkha's are up for the rest of the day...
Womp womp.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 10:36:28 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Joe is still dancing, the offerings are still changing, but the bar is gone, and it says "Sorry, this special is no longer available".  Gotta love CI IT.
They fixed that, but now Gurkha's are up for the rest of the day...
Oof...
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 10:37:21 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
Joe is still dancing, the offerings are still changing, but the bar is gone, and it says "Sorry, this special is no longer available".  Gotta love CI IT.
They fixed that, but now Gurkha's are up for the rest of the day...
But, $220 MSRP for only $37.50.  Helluva deal.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 11:03:44 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
a few decent deals there. I'm tempted.
Did just a quick scan, nice variety and decent prices.  Large selection of Curivari, Crowned Heads, LFD, AJF (although AJF cigars are scattered through the list based on the Cigar Name.  Unfortunately, 5 Vegas Series A are already sold out.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 11:05:23 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
a few decent deals there. I'm tempted.
Did just a quick scan, nice variety and decent prices.  Large selection of Curivari, Crowned Heads, LFD, AJF (although AJF cigars are scattered through the list based on the Cigar Name.  Unfortunately, 5 Vegas Series A are already sold out.
CB was a big fan of LFD....anyone heard from him lately?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 11:07:48 AM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 11:17:45 AM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 11:17:54 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
a few decent deals there. I'm tempted.
Did just a quick scan, nice variety and decent prices.  Large selection of Curivari, Crowned Heads, LFD, AJF (although AJF cigars are scattered through the list based on the Cigar Name.  Unfortunately, 5 Vegas Series A are already sold out.
Damn!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 11:29:56 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
a few decent deals there. I'm tempted.
Did just a quick scan, nice variety and decent prices.  Large selection of Curivari, Crowned Heads, LFD, AJF (although AJF cigars are scattered through the list based on the Cigar Name.  Unfortunately, 5 Vegas Series A are already sold out.
CB was a big fan of LFD....anyone heard from him lately?
he does post things about groundhogs on cigar.com banter from time to time. he is always dealing with health or plumbing issues it seems.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 11:31:27 AM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 11:31:34 AM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
Exactly my thought.  Should add some bacon to that though...
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 11:31:48 AM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
get off my back mom!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 11:32:26 AM
Thought we were Jammin' again today...appears it just ran over a bit now the DOD is stuck and says sold out...
And the Page has about a thousand fivers on sale, if you don't have anything to do for the next 5 hours and want to look through them.  ::)
a few decent deals there. I'm tempted.
Did just a quick scan, nice variety and decent prices.  Large selection of Curivari, Crowned Heads, LFD, AJF (although AJF cigars are scattered through the list based on the Cigar Name.  Unfortunately, 5 Vegas Series A are already sold out.
CB was a big fan of LFD....anyone heard from him lately?
he does post things about groundhogs on cigar.com banter from time to time. he is always dealing with health or plumbing issues it seems.
Unfortunately yea....
About the issues, not groundhogs....
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 11:33:02 AM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
Exactly my thought.  Should add some bacon to that though...
I had a package of bacon with my eggs yesterday morning.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 11:53:40 AM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
Exactly my thought.  Should add some bacon to that though...
I had a package of bacon with my eggs yesterday morning.
Now, I'm no medical doctor, however...
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 12:35:57 PM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
Exactly my thought.  Should add some bacon to that though...
I had a package of bacon with my eggs yesterday morning.
Keto
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 12:37:32 PM
think I'll start prepping a double mozzarella mushroom burger.
Just what the doc ordered for your ticker!
Exactly my thought.  Should add some bacon to that though...
I had a package of bacon with my eggs yesterday morning.
Now, I'm no medical doctor, however...
as long as the eggs are free range and cage free, also the bacon has to be nitrate free. then your all good to go :)
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 12:40:18 PM
tonight ill be having beef filet with sticky ribs and salad and potatoes and asparagus. Also a spot of bourbon and a bottle of Vouvray. Cigar at home to follow.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 01:10:38 PM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
That's right up my alley.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 01:11:26 PM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
That's right up my alley.
A fondness for soft openings, eh?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 01:11:53 PM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
That's right up my alley.
A fondness for soft openings, eh?
You bet!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on September 04, 2020, 01:12:10 PM
tonight ill be having beef filet with sticky ribs and salad and potatoes and asparagus. Also a spot of bourbon and a bottle of Vouvray. Cigar at home to follow.
Way to begin the weekend.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 01:20:41 PM
tonight ill be having beef filet with sticky ribs and salad and potatoes and asparagus. Also a spot of bourbon and a bottle of Vouvray. Cigar at home to follow.
Way to begin the weekend.
Indeed.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 01:20:50 PM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
That's right up my alley.
A fondness for soft openings, eh?
You bet!
CNS
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 01:21:03 PM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
That's right up my alley.
TWSS
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on September 04, 2020, 02:21:25 PM
Enjoy the long weekend. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 02:34:48 PM
In the man cave with coffee.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200904/f766d5da40d2e74c8d29fc1a2897a7e0.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 02:51:35 PM
tonight ill be having beef filet with sticky ribs and salad and potatoes and asparagus. Also a spot of bourbon and a bottle of Vouvray. Cigar at home to follow.
I'm doing a salad tonight. 😒
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 02:52:00 PM
Enjoy the long weekend. Hazzuh!
enjoy Dave, stay safe.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on September 04, 2020, 02:53:45 PM
105° in the sun. I'm sure realfeel is higher. muggy as a whore's crotch and no breeze.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 03:28:57 PM
105° in the sun. I'm sure realfeel is higher. muggy as a whore's crotch and no breeze.
Thanks for that description.  :o
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 03:50:27 PM
Invited to soft opening of local restaurant tonight, FREE FOOD!
That's right up my alley.
A fondness for soft openings, eh?
Who doesn't?
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 04, 2020, 03:55:47 PM
105° in the sun. I'm sure realfeel is higher. muggy as a whore's crotch and no breeze.
Description sounds a little fishy to me.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 04, 2020, 04:59:01 PM
In the man cave with coffee.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200904/f766d5da40d2e74c8d29fc1a2897a7e0.jpg)
I'm at work with coffee and La Galera Connecticut
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 05:18:03 PM
Delivery
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 05:26:23 PM
TGIF
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 08:16:42 PM
TGIF
(https://media.tenor.com/images/b3a48842b35e9beb95272feaf6a18013/tenor.gif)
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 09:27:06 PM
Got fucked on the free meal. Was a fixed menu and got sea bass. It was good, but not a steak. The vouvray Wine was wonderful. Well it was free. Did leave a nice tip. TWSS.
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Threebean on September 04, 2020, 09:47:44 PM
Got fucked on the free meal. Was a fixed menu and got sea bass. It was good, but not a steak. The vouvray Wine was wonderful. Well it was free. Did leave a nice tip. TWSS.
I think you did quite well with the sea bass, especially if it had a nice head still on it (TWSS).
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on September 04, 2020, 10:40:32 PM
Got fucked on the free meal. Was a fixed menu and got sea bass. It was good, but not a steak. The vouvray Wine was wonderful. Well it was free. Did leave a nice tip. TWSS.
I think you did quite well with the sea bass, especially if it had a nice head still on it (TWSS).
well it was on a bed of risotto...
Title: Re: 9/4/2020
Post by: bluecollar on September 04, 2020, 11:54:21 PM
52-C(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200905/51e8f56de4c1e7640df8992b64dc2d95.jpg)