CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on June 06, 2019, 12:00:29 AM

Title: 6/6/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on June 06, 2019, 12:00:29 AM
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 05:27:31 AM
Good morning guys. Running late today. Hit the snooze 1 too many times. Rain is moving out for a nice couple days. High of 72 but maybe 80 on Sunday.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 05:30:05 AM
Good morning guys. Running late today. Hit the snooze 1 too many times. Rain is moving out for a nice couple days. High of 72 but maybe 80 on Sunday.
Sounds like a perfect excuse to hit the links.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 05:32:04 AM
June 6, 1944, D-Day

During World War II (1939-1945), the Battle of Normandy, which lasted from June 1944 to August 1944, resulted in the Allied liberation of Western Europe from Nazi Germany’s control. Codenamed Operation Overlord, the battle began on June 6, 1944, also known as D-Day, when some 156,000 American, British and Canadian forces landed on five beaches along a 50-mile stretch of the heavily fortified coast of France’s Normandy region. The invasion was one of the largest amphibious military assaults in history and required extensive planning. Prior to D-Day, the Allies conducted a large-scale deception campaign designed to mislead the Germans about the intended invasion target. By late August 1944, all of northern France had been liberated, and by the following spring the Allies had defeated the Germans. The Normandy landings have been called the beginning of the end of war in Europe.

D-Day Meaning: The 'D' in D-Day doesn’t actually stand for anything.

Unlike V-E Day (“Victory in Europe”) or V-J Day (“Victory over Japan”), the “D” in D-Day isn’t short for “departure” or “decision.” As early as World War I, the U.S. military used the term D-Day to designate the launch date of a mission. One reason was to keep the actual date out of the hands of spies; another was to serve as a placeholder until an actual date was chosen. They also used H-Hour for the specific time of the launch.

D-Day was the largest amphibious invasion in military history.

According to the D-Day Center, the invasion, officially called "Operation Overlord," combined the forces of 156,115 U.S., British and Canadian troops, 6,939 ships and landing vessels, and 2,395 aircraft and 867 gliders that delivered airborne troops.

The D-Day invasion marked a turning point in the war.

The total Allied losses at Normandy are estimated to be at least 4,413 and total Allied deaths in the Battle of Normandy, which dragged on until August, topped 226,000. But thanks in part to the massive influx of troops and equipment, D-Day marked a decisive turning point in the war. Less than a year later, on May 7, 1945, Germany signed an unconditional surrender.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 05:38:43 AM
If you are so fortunate as to meet a remaining WWII Combat Soldier take the time to see if they will tell you a story, those stories are truly amazing.  A lot of them were BOTL’s but since all those still living are in their 90’s most don’t still smoke.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 05:59:14 AM
Good morning guys. Running late today. Hit the snooze 1 too many times. Rain is moving out for a nice couple days. High of 72 but maybe 80 on Sunday.
Morning LateToWorkBlue
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on June 06, 2019, 06:05:22 AM
morning Rick, Dave, and Dave.
early morning injections for my RA and then heading to Clearwater for the day.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 06:05:50 AM
morning Rick, Dave, and Dave.
early morning injections for my RA and then heading to Clearwater for the day.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 06:16:51 AM
Good morning Rick, Dave, Dean, and Dave.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 06:37:17 AM
Good morning guys. Running late today. Hit the snooze 1 too many times. Rain is moving out for a nice couple days. High of 72 but maybe 80 on Sunday.
Sounds like a perfect excuse to hit the links.
Your not kidding. Going to have to go next week though.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 06:38:28 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 06:41:17 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 06:43:58 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 06:49:01 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Most anything is possible around here😂

Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 06:56:04 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 06:59:37 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Thanks, Obama.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 07:00:13 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:28:17 AM
If you are so fortunate as to meet a remaining WWII Combat Soldier take the time to see if they will tell you a story, those stories are truly amazing.  A lot of them were BOTL’s but since all those still living are in their 90’s most don’t still smoke.
My Dad is a WWII vet, but he was in the Pacific Theater.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:32:53 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:40:05 AM
Today is Thursday, June 6, the 157th day of 2019. There are 208 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On June 6, 1944, during World War II, Allied forces stormed the beaches of Normandy, France, on "D-Day" as they began the liberation of German-occupied Western Europe.

On this date:
In 1654, Queen Christina of Sweden abdicated; she was succeeded by her cousin, Charles X Gustav.
In 1799, American politician and orator Patrick Henry died at Red Hill Plantation in Virginia.
In 1816, a snowstorm struck the northeastern U.S., heralding what would become known as the "Year Without a Summer."
In 1918, U.S. Marines suffered heavy casualties as they launched their eventually successful counteroffensive against German troops in the World War I Battle of Belleau Wood in France.
In 1925, Walter Percy Chrysler founded the Chrysler Corp.
In 1933, the first drive-in movie theater was opened by Richard Hollingshead in Camden County, New Jersey. (The movie shown was "Wives Beware," starring Adolphe Menjou.)
In 1939, the first Little League game was played as Lundy Lumber defeated Lycoming Dairy 23-8 in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
In 1966, black activist James Meredith was shot and wounded as he walked along a Mississippi highway to encourage black voter registration.
In 1968, Sen. Robert F. Kennedy died at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles, 25 1/2 hours after he was shot by Sirhan Bishara Sirhan.
In 1978, California voters overwhelmingly approved Proposition 13, a primary ballot initiative calling for major cuts in property taxes.
In 1982, Israeli forces invaded Lebanon to drive Palestine Liberation Organization fighters out of the country. (The Israelis withdrew in June 1985.)
In 1985, authorities in Brazil exhumed a body later identified as the remains of Dr. Josef Mengele, the notorious "Angel of Death" of the Nazi Holocaust.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:40:47 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama visited the American cemetery at Omaha Beach in France to commemorate the 65th anniversary of D-Day. Summer Bird won the Belmont Stakes, rallying past Mine That Bird to spoil jockey Calvin Borel's attempt at winning all three legs of the Triple Crown. Svetlana Kuznetsova beat top-ranked Dinara Safina 6-4, 6-2 in an all-Russian final at the French Open.

Five years ago: Men who'd stormed Normandy's shore 70 years earlier joined world leaders in paying tribute to the 150,000 Allied troops who risked and lost their lives in the D-Day landings.

One year ago: Breaking with President Donald Trump, House Speaker Paul Ryan said there was no evidence that the FBI had planted a "spy" in Trump's 2016 presidential campaign in an effort to hurt his chances at the polls. Trump commuted the life sentence of Alice Marie Johnson, who had spent more than two decades behind bars for drug offenses; her cause had been championed by reality TV star Kim Kardashian West. Carrie Underwood continued to make history as the most decorated act at the CMT Music Awards as a new award for female video of the year gave her 18 wins overall; Blake Shelton walked away with the night's top prize, video of the year. Hall of Fame second baseman Red Schoendienst, who also managed the St. Louis Cardinals to two pennants and a World Series championship in the 1960s, died at the age of 95.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:42:53 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Singer-songwriter Gary "U.S." Bonds is 80.
Country singer Joe Stampley is 76.
Jazz musician Monty Alexander is 75.
Actor Robert Englund is 72.
Folk singer Holly Near is 70.
Singer Dwight Twilley is 68. Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., is 67.
Playwright-actor Harvey Fierstein (FY'-ur-steen) is 67.
Comedian Sandra Bernhard is 64.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Bjorn Borg is 63.
Actress Amanda Pays is 60.
Comedian Colin Quinn is 60.
Record producer Jimmy Jam is 60.
Rock musician Steve Vai is 59.
Rock singer-musician Tom Araya (Slayer) is 58.
Actor Jason Isaacs is 56.
Actor Anthony Starke is 56.
Rock musician Sean Yseult (White Zombie) is 53.
Actor Max Casella is 52.
Actor Paul Giamatti is 52.
Rhythm and blues singer Damion Hall (Guy) is 51.
Rock musician James "Munky" Shaffer (Korn) is 49.
TV correspondent Natalie Morales is 47.
Country singer Lisa Brokop is 46.
Rapper-rocker Uncle Kracker is 45.
Actress Sonya Walger is 45.
Actress Staci Keanan is 44.
Jazz singer Somi is 43.
Actress Amber Borycki is 36.
Actress Aubrey Anderson-Emmons is 12.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:43:17 AM
Thought for Today: "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." — Carl Jung (1875-1961).
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:46:50 AM
Morning SCDave, TardyRick, FloDave, 19thHoleDean and TugboatTony.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 07:47:58 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 07:49:25 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 07:49:58 AM
Morning SCDave, TardyRick, FloDave, 19thHoleDean and TugboatTony.
Morning UpStateDave
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 07:52:33 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
They really should have someone take a glance at the site before they post it live.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 08:00:00 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
They really should have someone take a glance at the site before they post it live.
Because of the hour, I'm sure it's IT guys posting it and it stays until regular staff come in and look at it (especially when they see a big spike in orders)  that the errors are caught.  Just like the free AB's a while back.  Buy early, buy often.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 08:01:47 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
They really should have someone take a glance at the site before they post it live.
Because of the hour, I'm sure it's IT guys posting it and it stays until regular staff come in and look at it (especially when they see a big spike in orders)  that the errors are caught.  Just like the free AB's a while back.  Buy early, buy often.
Then someone in the sales dept should proofread it before they head home for the day. Though, if they had, I wouldn't have gotten 40 ABs for $0.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Ogie on June 06, 2019, 08:07:12 AM
25/$100, what's the problem?
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 08:10:11 AM
25/$100, what's the problem?
No problem for everyone who jumped on that, apparently. Lol
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: sfish on June 06, 2019, 08:33:10 AM
25/$100, what's the problem?
No problem for everyone who jumped on that, apparently. Lol
Still 25/$99.99 for me, good morning boys
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 08:36:41 AM

Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.

Sounds like an SCDave Fuk-up.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 08:36:58 AM
25/$100, what's the problem?
No problem for everyone who jumped on that, apparently. Lol
Still 25/$99.99 for me, good morning boys
Same here.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 08:38:05 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
They really should have someone take a glance at the site before they post it live.
Because of the hour, I'm sure it's IT guys posting it and it stays until regular staff come in and look at it (especially when they see a big spike in orders)  that the errors are caught.  Just like the free AB's a while back.  Buy early, buy often.
Then someone in the sales dept should proofread it before they head home for the day. Though, if they had, I wouldn't have gotten 40 ABs for $0.
I still have a few of those. They aged nicely. Definitely worth the price.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 08:43:02 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
They really should have someone take a glance at the site before they post it live.
Because of the hour, I'm sure it's IT guys posting it and it stays until regular staff come in and look at it (especially when they see a big spike in orders)  that the errors are caught.  Just like the free AB's a while back.  Buy early, buy often.
Then someone in the sales dept should proofread it before they head home for the day. Though, if they had, I wouldn't have gotten 40 ABs for $0.
I still have a few of those. They aged nicely. Definitely worth the price.
CNS, no question.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 08:48:42 AM

Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.

Sounds like an SCDave Fuk-up.
GFY
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 09:05:54 AM

Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.

Sounds like an SCDave Fuk-up.
GFY
So, yes?  ;D
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 09:44:58 AM
Amazon drone deliveries just got a little closer to reality:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-just-got-faa-approval-to-fly-drones-194828578.html
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 09:51:36 AM
Amazon drone deliveries just got a little closer to reality:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-just-got-faa-approval-to-fly-drones-194828578.html
If a drone intended for someone else crashes into your house, car, or person, do you get to keep the package?
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 09:59:57 AM

Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.

Sounds like an SCDave Fuk-up.
GFY
Asian porn virus?
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: razgueado on June 06, 2019, 10:01:37 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 10:02:02 AM

Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.

Sounds like an SCDave Fuk-up.
GFY
Asian porn virus?
Whoa! That took an unexpected turn.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: razgueado on June 06, 2019, 10:02:03 AM
If you are so fortunate as to meet a remaining WWII Combat Soldier take the time to see if they will tell you a story, those stories are truly amazing.  A lot of them were BOTL’s but since all those still living are in their 90’s most don’t still smoke.
My Dad is a WWII vet, but he was in the Pacific Theater.
Which was its own special hell.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 10:25:31 AM

Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.

Sounds like an SCDave Fuk-up.
GFY
Asian porn virus?
Whoa! That took an unexpected turn.
I always say that at work when a computer is messed up....Who was looking at the Asian porn? ....lol
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 10:29:38 AM
Amazon drone deliveries just got a little closer to reality:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-just-got-faa-approval-to-fly-drones-194828578.html
If a drone intended for someone else crashes into your house, car, or person, do you get to keep the package?
People will be out there trying to shoot down drones for the packages, I'm guessing. Cause 'Murica.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: sfish on June 06, 2019, 10:31:07 AM
Amazon drone deliveries just got a little closer to reality:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-just-got-faa-approval-to-fly-drones-194828578.html
If a drone intended for someone else crashes into your house, car, or person, do you get to keep the package?
People will be out there trying to shoot down drones for the packages, I'm guessing. Cause 'Murica.
Oh, that's already happening along with "porch pirates" robbing you after delivery
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 10:36:32 AM
Amazon drone deliveries just got a little closer to reality:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/amazon-just-got-faa-approval-to-fly-drones-194828578.html
If a drone intended for someone else crashes into your house, car, or person, do you get to keep the package?
People will be out there trying to shoot down drones for the packages, I'm guessing. Cause 'Murica.
Oh, that's already happening along with "porch pirates" robbing you after delivery
Just more proof that America has achieved Great Again status.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 10:59:48 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 11:00:51 AM
New guy is working with coworkers so I can get some work done.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 11:52:39 AM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
I have one with me and perhaps will smoke it today.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on June 06, 2019, 12:52:00 PM
Have to go to another one of our buildings today, getting photos taken. They say it's for our professional dealings, I can't imagine ever using it, but whatever, gets me away from my desk for a while. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 01:18:11 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
I have one with me and perhaps will smoke it today.
This cigar is calling my name. Gonna have to make an early hazzuh getaway myself.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 01:28:14 PM
25/$100, what's the problem?
No problem for everyone who jumped on that, apparently. Lol
Still 25/$99.99 for me, good morning boys
No, bac k to 99.99
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 01:29:53 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 01:31:51 PM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Wow, another CI Fuk-up.  From 55% off to 11% Off, had them in my cart and now they have disappeared.
Put it back in your cart and check out before they change their minds again.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 01:53:03 PM
Good Day ScarceFish, RevRaz and guest appearance by Ogie!
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 01:53:59 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Thanks.... interested to see what Tony thinks
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 01:54:37 PM
If you are so fortunate as to meet a remaining WWII Combat Soldier take the time to see if they will tell you a story, those stories are truly amazing.  A lot of them were BOTL’s but since all those still living are in their 90’s most don’t still smoke.
My Dad is a WWII vet, but he was in the Pacific Theater.
Which was its own special hell.
Indeed.  He drove landing craft and spent time on the Missouri (but not for the signing).
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 01:55:28 PM
Have to go to another one of our buildings today, getting photos taken. They say it's for our professional dealings, I can't imagine ever using it, but whatever, gets me away from my desk for a while. Hazzuh!
You have professional dealings?
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 01:57:38 PM
Cutting out early to take Wifey to an appointment. Catch you later when I light up from the man cave.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 02:01:39 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Way to yuck my yum.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 02:03:23 PM
Cutting out early to take Wifey to an appointment. Catch you later when I light up from the man cave.
Ciao, for now.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 06, 2019, 02:16:15 PM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Still says $99.99 here.  Must be higher prices for you easterners.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 02:28:47 PM
Good morning Dave, Dave, Tony, and Deano. Guardian of the farm on sis
GOTF at one hell of a deal too!

20 Torpedoes for $100 FS
I hope you jumped on it....it's now $199.99 for 25.
Still says $99.99 here.  Must be higher prices for you easterners.
That could happen.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 06, 2019, 03:12:10 PM
Afternoon Tony and perhaps a Dave or two.  In the man cave with an Amazon Basin and coffee. Dang I love this cigar.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 03:18:15 PM
Afternoon Tony and perhaps a Dave or two.  In the man cave with an Amazon Basin and coffee. Dang I love this cigar.
Afternoon Bean, that is a fine smoke.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 03:19:31 PM
Diesel Hair of the Dog just lit.

Straight up High Tide now with rain all around us.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 03:24:56 PM
If you are so fortunate as to meet a remaining WWII Combat Soldier take the time to see if they will tell you a story, those stories are truly amazing.  A lot of them were BOTL’s but since all those still living are in their 90’s most don’t still smoke.
My Dad is a WWII vet, but he was in the Pacific Theater.
👍 Plenty of rough and rugged duty there.  I bet he has shared some great stories with you.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on June 06, 2019, 03:29:12 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 06, 2019, 03:46:47 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Manatee?  Complete with ugly mascot flag/sail.  To each his own.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 04:36:11 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Way to yuck my yum.
Just giving my impression.  Didn't say I didn't like it.  People need to be given differing opinions, then decide for themselves.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 04:37:25 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Configuration is odd on that one for sure.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 05:03:59 PM
Afternoon Eiroa...
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 06, 2019, 06:00:29 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Configuration is odd on that one for sure.
TWSS
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 08:00:29 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Configuration is odd on that one for sure.
TWSS
About time you got that in today!
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on June 06, 2019, 08:05:54 PM
Banter seems to be closing earlier and earlier...
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 08:58:10 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Way to yuck my yum.
Just giving my impression.  Didn't say I didn't like it.  People need to be given differing opinions, then decide for themselves.
I like to hear from someone I know what their impressions are. I'm glad we all have different perspectives. Cigar talk.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on June 06, 2019, 09:00:39 PM
In the man cave,....Smoking an undercrown Maduro from Ott. Man I love this cigar. Watching Yankees
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 09:40:23 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Way to yuck my yum.
Just giving my impression.  Didn't say I didn't like it.  People need to be given differing opinions, then decide for themselves.
I like to hear from someone I know what their impressions are. I'm glad we all have different perspectives. Cigar talk.
I respect that. I just didn't want to be influenced and it isn't hard to do. I'm weak.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 09:40:53 PM
In the man cave,....Smoking an undercrown Maduro from Ott. Man I love this cigar. Watching Yankees
I'm afraid to comment like I did last night.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 09:41:22 PM
Afternoon Eiroa...
I'm a fan.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 09:42:55 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Configuration is odd on that one for sure.
TWSS
About time you got that in today!
TWSS
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 09:49:04 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Undercrown Maduros coming by way of mail today.
I've heard the sun grown is really good too.
Just avoid the Connies.
Hey Dave, what's your take on the Willy Herrera Maduro? I had one a while back and it didn't WOW me.
smoked well enough, but the profile didn't do anything for me.
Thanks.... interested to see what Tony thinks
I'm generally a maduro fan and I thoroughly enjoyed the Herrera Esteli Brazilian maduro toro I smoked during my commute home. It seemed a bit overly humidified but the burn always corrected itself and touchups weren't necessary. With that said, I prefer the raspberry thumbprint cookie notes I get from the regular (natural).
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190607/e0f5c48b63bde2a0d9602ef823009cbd.jpg)
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on June 06, 2019, 10:07:45 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Configuration is odd on that one for sure.
TWSS
About time you got that in today!
Again, TWSS
edit: Dang, the Mayor beat me to it.
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 10:23:53 PM
Rather unusual boat passing by, hope they like it more than I do!
Configuration is odd on that one for sure.
TWSS
About time you got that in today!
Again, TWSS
edit: Dang, the Mayor beat me to it.
Hehehe
Title: Re: 6/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on June 06, 2019, 10:24:48 PM
In the man cave,....Smoking an undercrown Maduro from Ott. Man I love this cigar. Watching Yankees
I'm afraid to comment like I did last night.
I thought I jinxed it again.