CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 06, 2020, 12:02:06 AM

Title: 2/6/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on February 06, 2020, 12:02:06 AM
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 06:03:18 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 06:06:58 AM
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 06:09:11 AM
gale wind warnings and coastal flooding issued for early afternoon here. it's nice to wake up to 70° weather, heading into 80's.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 06:33:46 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 06:36:48 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
good morning Tony.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 06:45:51 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Morning, boyos.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 06, 2020, 06:52:18 AM
Bad weather/ busy day at work. Catch ya later guy's. Have fun.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 06:58:37 AM
off to the doctors, injections, xrays, and bloodwork.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 07:04:31 AM
Good luck to both of you, Rick and Dean.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 07:05:10 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dean.
Morning, boyos.
And then there were just two...
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 07:05:44 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
See anything good?
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 07:13:56 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
See anything good?
The literal El Cheapo sampler is up right now, if that gives you any indication. Lol
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 07:54:30 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
See anything good?
The literal El Cheapo sampler is up right now, if that gives you any indication. Lol
Somebody's buying it.

Probably the same guy who's buying the CF ticket.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 07:59:14 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
See anything good?
The literal El Cheapo sampler is up right now, if that gives you any indication. Lol
Somebody's buying it.

Probably the same guy who's buying the CF ticket.
CNS
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 08:10:11 AM
Good morning Tony, OneDave, and BusyBoilerBlue.  Light dusting of snow overnight but roads were dry.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 08:11:18 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
See anything good?
The literal El Cheapo sampler is up right now, if that gives you any indication. Lol
Sis has Southern Draw at a good price at door #3, but I'm not a fan of that vitola.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 08:21:53 AM
Office Friday, still jammin'.
See anything good?
The literal El Cheapo sampler is up right now, if that gives you any indication. Lol
Sis has Southern Draw at a good price at door #3, but I'm not a fan of that vitola.
Does seem a bit on the big side (TNWSS). Morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 09:10:32 AM
Good morning Tony, OneDave, and BusyBoilerBlue.  Light dusting of snow overnight but roads were dry.
Crazy winter. Raining here.

Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on February 06, 2020, 09:57:01 AM
Morning, muchachos. Soggy day here in the Soviet Republik of Western Warshington.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 10:04:48 AM
Morning, muchachos. Soggy day here in the Soviet Republik of Western Warshington.
As it should be this time of year.  Morning raz.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: razgueado on February 06, 2020, 10:20:08 AM
Morning, muchachos. Soggy day here in the Soviet Republik of Western Warshington.
As it should be this time of year.  Morning raz.
This is more than usual. There's moderate flooding and landslides around the region. Morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 10:58:51 AM
Good morning, Bret. This morning has been a drip on the banter too.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 11:18:17 AM
Good morning, Bret. This morning has been a drip on the banter too.
Wore ourselves out the last few days.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 11:34:40 AM
I'm back and found a brown box that wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I was not going to wait to open it.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 11:38:09 AM
I'm back and found a brown box that wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I was not going to wait to open it.
Those should get you through the weekend.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 11:38:49 AM
Morning, muchachos. Soggy day here in the Soviet Republik of Western Warshington.
As it should be this time of year.  Morning raz.
This is more than usual. There's moderate flooding and landslides around the region. Morning, Mark.
Just make sure that schitt is cleared after next week as I have my last trip to Portland week of 2/17.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 11:39:51 AM
I'm back and found a brown box that wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I was not going to wait to open it.
Nice haul, Dean. Your wrists had to hurt opening that box.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 11:44:05 AM
Good luck to both of you, Rick and Dean.
now just wait for results.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 11:45:15 AM
I'm back and found a brown box that wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I was not going to wait to open it.
Nice haul, Dean. Your wrists had to hurt opening that box.
made them feel better as a matter of fact.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 11:45:57 AM
I'm back and found a brown box that wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I was not going to wait to open it.
Those should get you through the weekend.
morning Mark.
at least till Sunday morning.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 12:18:43 PM
Time to head out for the rest of the day.  Industry event which ends up at with eats and drinks at a brewery.  it's a tough assignment, but someone has to do it.  Adios, mofos.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 12:19:24 PM
Time to head out for the rest of the day.  Industry event which ends up at with eats and drinks at a brewery.  it's a tough assignment, but someone has to do it.  Adios, mofos.
That sounds more pleasant than my dentist appointment. Later, Bean.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 12:22:48 PM
OTT, fighting burn issues.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 12:25:48 PM
cheese it, the cops!
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 12:26:36 PM
Time to head out for the rest of the day.  Industry event which ends up at with eats and drinks at a brewery.  it's a tough assignment, but someone has to do it.  Adios, mofos.
better than any plan I have.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 12:27:54 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 12:48:43 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
LALTS
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 12:49:51 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
there's no such thing as an honest politician or business man. it doesn't matter what they look like.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 12:50:58 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
LALTS
I'm pretty sure that's his natural skin tone. Cause the WH said so.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 12:51:45 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
there's no such thing as an honest politician or business man. it doesn't matter what they look like.
Yeah, it matters a little.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 01:33:47 PM
very little
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 01:42:03 PM
very little
Ah, if that were only true.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 01:43:30 PM
Tony, any progress on adding a sarcasm font? ;)
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 01:56:11 PM
Tony, any progress on adding a sarcasm font? ;)
that would be great.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 02:03:08 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
there's no such thing as an honest politician or business man. it doesn't matter what they look like.
Yeah, it matters a little.
Then he needs to see a doctor, stat! I'm pretty sure he's in liver failure.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 02:05:27 PM
Tony, any progress on adding a sarcasm font? ;)
that would be great.
One thing at a time. I'm working on ClemsonDave's tiger paws. Believe it or not, it's not been easy. Almost have it figured out.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 02:10:31 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
there's no such thing as an honest politician or business man. it doesn't matter what they look like.
Yeah, it matters a little.
Then he needs to see a doctor, stat! I'm pretty sure he's in liver failure.
Then he needs a jaundice bulb instead of a tanning bulb. My youngest (10th birthday today) had to be under one of those for a couple days when she was born, and now she's no longer orange. Hasn't been for some time. :D
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 02:11:22 PM
Tony, any progress on adding a sarcasm font? ;)
that would be great.
One thing at a time. I'm working on ClemsonDave's tiger paws. Believe it or not, it's not been easy. Almost have it figured out.
It's not something I understand, therefore it's #fakenews.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on February 06, 2020, 02:20:09 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: FloridaDean on February 06, 2020, 02:29:34 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
there's no such thing as an honest politician or business man. it doesn't matter what they look like.
Yeah, it matters a little.
Then he needs to see a doctor, stat! I'm pretty sure he's in liver failure.
I'm in on the jaundice theory.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 06, 2020, 03:18:49 PM
I was gonna let this go but I just can't. I was watching Trump talk about the dishonest and corrupt people in Washington and couldn't help but be offended... Mostly by his appearance. I can't believe that he can't afford to get a better faux tan. He looks like he's in blackface.
there's no such thing as an honest politician or business man. it doesn't matter what they look like.
Yeah, it matters a little.
Then he needs to see a doctor, stat! I'm pretty sure he's in liver failure.
He already saw a Doctor this year. He is in amazing health.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 06, 2020, 03:25:11 PM
Just arrived in Bmore. I left before 5 as I knew it was going to be hell to start.  Major road construction for about 40 miles before entering NC.  Wanted to get through that before rush.
.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 06, 2020, 03:27:16 PM
Didn't count on the rain being as heavy as it was. Couldnts see lines, could barely see vehicles.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 06, 2020, 03:27:45 PM
Plus no cigars today...😪
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 06:34:28 PM
I had a feeling you were driving, NJboundDave. Be safe.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 06, 2020, 07:27:45 PM
Had to snowblow the driveway when I got home from work. Had a Gran Habano #3. It was quite pleasant.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 07:58:30 PM
Had to snowblow the driveway when I got home from work. Had a Gran Habano #3. It was quite pleasant.
That is a true blast from the past. I use to smoke those regularly about 12-15 years ago. I believe the #5 was the carojo? Is the #3 the Connecticut?
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 06, 2020, 08:03:37 PM
Had to snowblow the driveway when I got home from work. Had a Gran Habano #3. It was quite pleasant.
That is a true blast from the past. I use to smoke those regularly about 12-15 years ago. I believe the #5 was the carojo? Is the #3 the Connecticut?
Yeah I had to get a sampler and revisit. #1 Connecticut #2 Habano #3 Corojo. I used to smoke the #2 all the time back in the early 2,000's.
I had this vintage 04 Connecticut at work to day. I was not expecting much, a Thompson exclusive and WoW it was good something aligned right.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 06, 2020, 08:05:29 PM
I'm going to smoke an Oliva serie V when I get home from gym. That was an old favorite. Honestly been years since I've had one
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 08:31:13 PM
Had to snowblow the driveway when I got home from work. Had a Gran Habano #3. It was quite pleasant.
That is a true blast from the past. I use to smoke those regularly about 12-15 years ago. I believe the #5 was the carojo? Is the #3 the Connecticut?
Yeah I had to get a sampler and revisit. #1 Connecticut #2 Habano #3 Corojo. I used to smoke the #2 all the time back in the early 2,000's.
I had this vintage 04 Connecticut at work to day. I was not expecting much, a Thompson exclusive and WoW it was good something aligned right.
I love pleasant surprises like that. Taking a chance on a random cigar often doesn't work out.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 06, 2020, 08:33:22 PM
I'm going to smoke an Oliva serie V when I get home from gym. That was an old favorite. Honestly been years since I've had one
I have a bunch of them myself. I used to love them, then I felt they were just meh. I should find and smoke one now to see how I feel about them.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 06, 2020, 09:08:29 PM
I'm going to smoke an Oliva serie V when I get home from gym. That was an old favorite. Honestly been years since I've had one
I have a bunch of them myself. I used to love them, then I felt they were just meh. I should find and smoke one now to see how I feel about them.
Today is really going well. This V (Habano Sungrown double robusto) has my attention

Pic #2 from earlier.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200207/9ccfe573c71f9bcdfeb4d5ef812b2649.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200207/678a47f35a2a61fe52b3e4ec069bcdb6.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 09:50:13 PM
... It was quite pleasant.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 09:53:12 PM
Evening Rick and Uncle Tony.  Had a nice evening at the brewery, though no cigar.  The Dale's Pale Ale is wonderful.
https://www.oskarblues.com/location/austin-tx-oskar-blues-taproom/ (https://www.oskarblues.com/location/austin-tx-oskar-blues-taproom/)
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: bluecollar on February 06, 2020, 09:54:04 PM
Good night guys.. .stay safe, warm, and dry. Unless you are hot tubbing
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 10:15:23 PM
Good night guys.. .stay safe, warm, and dry. Unless you are hot tubbing
Haha, no hot tub here, but same to you, Mr. Blue.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: cigarbreath on February 06, 2020, 10:23:36 PM
Had to snowblow the driveway when I got home from work. Had a Gran Habano #3. It was quite pleasant.
That is a true blast from the past. I use to smoke those regularly about 12-15 years ago. I believe the #5 was the carojo? Is the #3 the Connecticut?
Yeah I had to get a sampler and revisit. #1 Connecticut #2 Habano #3 Corojo. I used to smoke the #2 all the time back in the early 2,000's.
I had this vintage 04 Connecticut at work to day. I was not expecting much, a Thompson exclusive and WoW it was good something aligned right.
Ah Corojo…  #5 Corojo wrapper was almost black.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: cigarbreath on February 06, 2020, 10:25:19 PM
Good night guys.. .stay safe, warm, and dry. Unless you are hot tubbing (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji16.png)
Rub-a-dub inna hot tub!  Make ya hot!  Make ya sweat!
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: Threebean on February 06, 2020, 10:35:43 PM
Good night guys.. .stay safe, warm, and dry. Unless you are hot tubbing (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji16.png)
Rub-a-dub inna hot tub!  Make ya hot!  Make ya sweat!
Good evening hot and sweaty CB.  Good to see you slumming it here.
Title: Re: 2/6/2020
Post by: cigarbreath on February 06, 2020, 11:56:19 PM
Good night guys.. .stay safe, warm, and dry. Unless you are hot tubbing (https://s3.amazonaws.com/tapatalk-emoji/emoji16.png)
Rub-a-dub inna hot tub!  Make ya hot!  Make ya sweat!
Good evening hot and sweaty CB.  Good to see you slumming it here.
Definitely not hot here.  Got the white death falling (snow for those that don’t panic when they see a snow flake).  Maybe it’ll freeze the flu bug.  Howdy Threebean.