CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 06, 2019, 12:01:23 AM

Title: 3/6/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on March 06, 2019, 12:01:23 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 05:17:38 AM
Long day ahead for me. Gonna grab a few smokes to bring. Daily deals suck again. Happy Hump Day
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 05:56:21 AM
Morning Rick, other humps.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:31:58 AM
Morning Humpers and Humpees, Hot cup of Costa Rican this morning.

“Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.”
― Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book

Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:33:05 AM
Clear and only 34° this morning but a pretty heavy frost.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:39:14 AM
Cold as a mofo at the bus stop this morning. Happy humping to Rick, Dave, and Dave.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:42:23 AM
Remember You Are Dust, And To Dust You Shall Return
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:42:36 AM
Cold as a mofo at the bus stop this morning. Happy humping to Rick, Dave, and Dave.
For POSTerity...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/53af26c90382562152f20db465bd2528.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 06:45:48 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, and Tony. 8 degrees here 1 more day of this artic air.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:47:27 AM
Good morning Dave, Dave, and Tony. 8 degrees here 1 more day of this artic air.
Morning BlueBoilerChecker
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 06:48:51 AM
Cold as a mofo at the bus stop this morning. Happy humping to Rick, Dave, and Dave.
For POSTerity...(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190306/53af26c90382562152f20db465bd2528.jpg)
9 feels like 0 here. Yep, I'm over winter now.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:50:01 AM
Finally got the picture of my Sailfish in action.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:53:33 AM
Finally got the picture of my Sailfish in action.
It's no tugboat but still pretty cool.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:54:57 AM
If you live for those extra hours of daylight in the afternoons that daylight saving time brings, take heart, your time is coming.

Daylight saving time, that is.

On March 10 at 2 a.m. most of America will be “springing forward” as clocks are shifted forward an hour, giving us more daylight in the afternoon.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:55:47 AM
Finally got the picture of my Sailfish in action.
It's no tugboat but still pretty cool.
I have not seen a tugboat since we got home Friday night but I am on the lookout.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 07:03:54 AM
One of Casual dining’s most fattening meals:  (in case anyone is counting calories)

Peppercorn burger Monster meal at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Calories: 3,540
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 07:08:42 AM
One of Casual dining’s most fattening meals:  (in case anyone is counting calories)

Peppercorn burger Monster meal at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Calories: 3,540
But does it taste good?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 07:17:57 AM
One of Casual dining’s most fattening meals:  (in case anyone is counting calories)

Peppercorn burger Monster meal at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Calories: 3,540
I'm such a pussy I like their Avo-cabo Salad. lol
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 07:19:27 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 07:24:00 AM
One of Casual dining’s most fattening meals:  (in case anyone is counting calories)

Peppercorn burger Monster meal at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Calories: 3,540
But does it taste good?
I will likely never know, had Red Robin a couple of times when traveling and saw no reasons to go back.  Just another Ho-Hum Chain Restaurant, the one in Austin closed down within a couple of years and don’t recall ever seeing one here.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:24:48 AM
Morning boys and girls.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 07:25:45 AM
Morning boys and girls.
Morning Dave
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 07:26:06 AM
Morning boys and girls.
Morning ?Dave
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:26:18 AM
Remember You Are Dust, And To Dust You Shall Return
I got some Pledge for that.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 07:27:01 AM
One of Casual dining’s most fattening meals:  (in case anyone is counting calories)

Peppercorn burger Monster meal at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Calories: 3,540
But does it taste good?
I will likely never know, had Red Robin a couple of times when traveling and saw no reasons to go back.  Just another Ho-Hum Chain Restaurant, the one in Austin closed down within a couple of years and don’t recall ever seeing one here.
The one I go to in the South towns is a gold mine.. always busy
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:29:10 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Never been.  One not too far away, and burgers seem a step up from the ordinary, just never pulled the trigger.
Do enjoy the Bobby's Burgers up the road a piece.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:30:26 AM
Woke up to see a dead yearling in the back yard.  Had been pretty well torn up already, but red fox stopping by for breakfast.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:34:29 AM
Today is Wednesday, March 6, the 65th day of 2019. There are 300 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On March 6, 1857, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Dred Scott v. Sandford, ruled 7-2 that Scott, a slave, was not an American citizen and therefore could not sue for his freedom in federal court.

On this date:
In 1475, Italian artist and poet Michelangelo was born in Caprese (kah-PRAY'-say) in the Republic of Florence.
In 1836, the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas, fell as Mexican forces led by General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna stormed the fortress after a 13-day siege; the battle claimed the lives of all the Texan defenders, nearly 200 strong, including William Travis, James Bowie and Davy Crockett.
In 1912, Oreo sandwich cookies were first introduced by the National Biscuit Co.
In 1933, a national bank holiday declared by President Franklin D. Roosevelt aimed at calming panicked depositors went into effect. Chicago Mayor Anton Cermak, wounded in an attempt on Roosevelt's life the previous month, died at a Miami hospital at age 59.
In 1944, U.S. heavy bombers staged the first full-scale American raid on Berlin during World War II.
In 1953, Georgy Malenkov was named premier of the Soviet Union a day after the death of Josef Stalin.
In 1964, heavyweight boxing champion Cassius Clay officially changed his name to Muhammad Ali.
In 1970, a bomb being built inside a Greenwich Village townhouse by the radical Weathermen accidentally went off, destroying the house and killing three group members.
In 1983, in a case that drew much notoriety, a woman was gang-raped atop a pool table in a tavern in New Bedford, Massachusetts, called Big Dan's; four men were later convicted of the attack.
In 1995, "The Jenny Jones Show" taped an episode on same-sex crushes during which Jonathan Schmitz learned his secret admirer was an acquaintance, Scott Amedure; three days later, Schmitz fatally shot Amedure, later telling police that Amedure had embarrassed him on national TV. (Schmitz was sentenced to 25 to 50 years in prison for second-degree murder but was released on parole in August, 2017; the episode was never included in the "Jenny Jones" syndication package, but did air on Court TV.)
In 2008, a Palestinian killed eight students at a Jewish seminary in Jerusalem before he was slain; Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip praised the operation in a statement, and thousands of Palestinians took to the streets of Gaza to celebrate.
In 2016, former first lady Nancy Reagan died in Los Angeles at age 94.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:35:14 AM
Ten years ago: The government reported the jobless rate reached 8.1 percent in Feb. 2009. While acknowledging an "astounding" number of job losses, President Barack Obama told critics of his $787 billion economic recovery plan in Columbus, Ohio, that it was saving jobs and said, "I know we did the right thing." NASA's planet-hunting spacecraft, Kepler, rocketed into space on a voyage to track down other Earths in a faraway patch of the Milky Way galaxy.

Five years ago: Ukraine lurched toward breakup as lawmakers unanimously declared they wanted to join Russia and planned to put the decision to voters; President Barack Obama condemned the move and the West imposed the first real sanctions against Russia. Actress-singer Sheila MacRae, 92, died in Englewood, New Jersey.

One year ago: Top economic adviser Gary Cohn announced that he was leaving the White House after breaking with President Donald Trump on trade policy. Nashville Mayor Megan Barry, a one-time rising star in the Democratic Party, resigned after pleading guilty to cheating the city out of thousands of dollars to carry on an affair with her bodyguard. Schoolteachers in West Virginia announced an end to a nine-day walkout after state lawmakers approved a 5 percent pay raise.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:37:57 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Former FBI and CIA director William Webster is 95.
Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan is 93.
Dancer-actress Carmen de Lavallade is 88.
Former Soviet cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova is 82.
Former Sen. Christopher "Kit" Bond, R-Mo., is 80.
Actress-writer Joanna Miles is 79.
Actor Ben Murphy is 77.
Opera singer Dame Kiri Te Kanawa is 75.
Singer Mary Wilson (The Supremes) is 75.
Rock musician Hugh Grundy (The Zombies) is 74.
Rock singer-musician David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) is 73.
Actress Anna Maria Horsford is 72.
Actor-director Rob Reiner is 72.
Singer Kiki Dee is 72.
Fox News reporter John Stossel is 72.
Composer-lyricist Stephen Schwartz is 71.
Rock singer-musician Phil Alvin (The Blasters) is 66.
Sports correspondent Armen Keteyian is 66.
Actor Tom Arnold is 60.
Actor D.L. Hughley is 56.
Country songwriter Skip Ewing is 55.
Actor Shuler Hensley is 52.
Actress Connie Britton is 52.
Actress Moira Kelly is 51.
Actress Amy Pietz is 50.
Rock musician Chris Broderick (Megadeth) is 49.
Basketball Hall of Famer Shaquille O'Neal is 47.
Country singer Trent Willmon is 46.
Country musician Shan Farmer (Ricochet) is 45.
Rapper Beanie Sigel is 45.
Rapper Bubba Sparxxx is 42.
Actor Shawn Evans is 39.
Rock musician Chris Tomson (Vampire Weekend) is 35.
Actor Eli Marienthal is 33.
Actor Jimmy Galeota is 33.
Rapper/producer Tyler, the Creator is 28.
Actor Dillon Freasier is 23.
Actress Savannah Stehlin is 23.
Actress Millicent Simmonds (Film: "Wonderstruck") is 16.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 07:38:31 AM
Thought for Today: "Le sens commun n'est pas si commun." (Common sense is not so common.) — Voltaire, French author and philosopher (1694-1778).
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 07:43:44 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 07:44:14 AM
Thought for Today: "Le sens commun n'est pas si commun." (Common sense is not so common.) — Voltaire, French author and philosopher (1694-1778).
#reallyrealnews
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 08:09:07 AM
The 1.5 Billion lotter winner in SC finally came forward....well, not exactly...SC allows winners to remain anonymous.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 08:10:17 AM
The 1.5 Billion lotter winner in SC finally came forward....well, not exactly...SC allows winners to remain anonymous.
Good thing too, because the politicians already spent the 61 million they get from taxing those winnings.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 08:19:07 AM
good morning guys.
had 47 people at the meeting last night. LOTS of great foods and desserts. not alot of leftovers. spent a few hours with the Water Department. I'm a bit tired.
got a 25# turkey to throw in the oven. we'll eat around 5pm for those interested.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 08:21:06 AM
37 sunny degrees. freeze warmings tonight and tomorrow morning.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 08:22:38 AM
The 1.5 Billion lotter winner in SC finally came forward....well, not exactly...SC allows winners to remain anonymous.
Oh, really?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 08:22:55 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 08:23:41 AM
good morning guys.
had 47 people at the meeting last night. LOTS of great foods and desserts. not alot of leftovers. spent a few hours with the Water Department. I'm a bit tired.
got a 25# turkey to throw in the oven. we'll eat around 5pm for those interested.
Thanksgiving already?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 08:24:37 AM
The 1.5 Billion lotter winner in SC finally came forward....well, not exactly...SC allows winners to remain anonymous.
Good thing too, because the politicians already spent the 61 million they get from taxing those winnings.
That was the funniest part, SC officials panicking because they already included that bit in the budget and were nervous they were about to lose it.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 08:24:37 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
A few good ones around here but they are all at bars.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 08:27:59 AM
The 1.5 Billion lotter winner in SC finally came forward....well, not exactly...SC allows winners to remain anonymous.
Oh, really?
https://www.wishtv.com/national/identity-of-mega-millions-lottery-winner-in-south-carolina-remains-a-mystery/1827752217

Winner will have to scrape by on only 877 million  as they took the cash option.....minus 61 mil in state taxes, probably 300 mil in Federal robbery and they'll barely have enough to scrape by on.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 08:28:50 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
A few good ones around here but they are all at bars.
Nothing wrong with that.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 08:33:54 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
A few good ones around here but they are all at bars.
Nothing wrong with that.
Best places to eat I think, can’t beat good bar food.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 08:41:14 AM
I don't think there are any good restaurants that don't serve beer. A lot of breweries popping up too. Big ditch, resergence, etc.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 08:45:28 AM
One of Casual dining’s most fattening meals:  (in case anyone is counting calories)

Peppercorn burger Monster meal at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Calories: 3,540
Oof..
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 08:50:17 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
A few good ones around here but they are all at bars.
Nothing wrong with that.
Best places to eat I think, can’t beat good bar food.
Indeed.  Best pizza nearby is downtown G-town at a college bar called "Roots".  Have yet to try their burger.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 08:52:21 AM
Morning MyThreeDaves, ColdBoilerRick, EarlyThanksgivingDean, & BusStopTony.  Mid-20's again here this morning, but sunny and up into the 50's later, so OldManWinter is loosening his grip.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 08:54:58 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
A few good ones around here but they are all at bars.
Nothing wrong with that.
Best places to eat I think, can’t beat good bar food.
Indeed.  Best pizza nearby is downtown G-town at a college bar called "Roots".  Have yet to try their burger.
My favorite Austin area pizzas were at the Jester King Brewery and Pint House Pizza which is also a brewery.

100’s of pizza joints areound here and none of them I have tried were real good.  Best pizza around here is a $5 thin crust cheese pizza from Walmart then bring it home and cover it with our own fresh ingredients then cook it.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 08:56:22 AM
Morning MyThreeDaves, ColdBoilerRick, EarlyThanksgivingDean, & BusStopTony.  Mid-20's again here this morning, but sunny and up into the 50's later, so OldManWinter is loosening his grip.
Morning FrozenBean, only up to the mid 40’s here today but at least the sun is out.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 09:04:53 AM
Morning MyThreeDaves, ColdBoilerRick, EarlyThanksgivingDean, & BusStopTony.  Mid-20's again here this morning, but sunny and up into the 50's later, so OldManWinter is loosening his grip.
Morning FrozenBean, only up to the mid 40’s here today but at least the sun is out.
Make it through this week and I think we got winter beat.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 09:06:12 AM
Morning MyThreeDaves, ColdBoilerRick, EarlyThanksgivingDean, & BusStopTony.  Mid-20's again here this morning, but sunny and up into the 50's later, so OldManWinter is loosening his grip.
Good morning Mark
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:07:34 AM
Some real good offers on La Palina Classics, black label and red labels at the  Page.

https://www.cigarpage.com/la-palina-holy-schmokes.html
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 09:08:48 AM
Yeah Red Robin is Cool. I like going there with the family.
Same. Good burgers, and the seasoning stuff they have for fries must have cocaine in it.
haven't found a decent burger down here except the ones I cook.
A few good ones around here but they are all at bars.
Nothing wrong with that.
Best places to eat I think, can’t beat good bar food.
Indeed.  Best pizza nearby is downtown G-town at a college bar called "Roots".  Have yet to try their burger.
My favorite Austin area pizzas were at the Jester King Brewery and Pint House Pizza which is also a brewery.

100’s of pizza joints areound here and none of them I have tried were real good.  Best pizza around here is a $5 thin crust cheese pizza from Walmart then bring it home and cover it with our own fresh ingredients then cook it.
Not a bad plan.  We had Pizza Hut last night, which is about as good as one can do around these parts for carry-out.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:12:23 AM
[...]

Pizza Hut is about as good as anything else around here, the best local pizza is actually in a gas station but it is  a good ways from my house.  Near my Sons house and I have had it there a couple of times.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 09:13:21 AM
Remember You Are Dust, And To Dust You Shall Return
I got some Pledge for that.
Mmmm, lemon scented.

Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:15:29 AM
The definition of “fresh ingredients” on pizzas around here is “thawed before cooking” or “right out of the can”
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 09:18:03 AM
The 1.5 Billion lotter winner in SC finally came forward....well, not exactly...SC allows winners to remain anonymous.
Oh, really?
https://www.wishtv.com/national/identity-of-mega-millions-lottery-winner-in-south-carolina-remains-a-mystery/1827752217

Winner will have to scrape by on only 877 million  as they took the cash option.....minus 61 mil in state taxes, probably 300 mil in Federal robbery and they'll barely have enough to scrape by on.
Half a billion in cash? Not too shabby.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:20:13 AM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 09:20:28 AM
Good morning, Dean and Mark.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 09:22:24 AM
[...]

Pizza Fire is pretty good as far as chains go, Pizza Hut is a greasy nightmare to me. Also have a small local place here called Crust - amazing pizza, and you can get it fresh-made by the slice.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 09:27:59 AM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
I have no idea what some of this terminology means and have no intention of googling it.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:29:00 AM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
I have no idea what some of this terminology means and have no intention of googling it.
Neither do I but that’s what the article had in it..........
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 09:33:54 AM
[...]

we have a wood fired fresh make pizza joint about 10 minutes away. great place for take out but eating in sucks, only 12 seats and always full.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 09:36:10 AM
[...]

Pizza Hut's tomato sauce repeats on me. Too acidic.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 09:38:24 AM
in my world there's only two sexes, male and female.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 09:40:24 AM
[...]

We have some of the best food around here. The number 1 thing people say when they leave the area is they miss the food.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:46:59 AM
[...]

Crazy thing here is 90 miles down the road to Charleston and you got one of the country’s  great food towns yet here you got one of the worst with the exception of quite a few good meat and three choices and a very few pretty good bar food places.

We do have a really good steakhouse but it is off the chart expensive.  A couple of good Italian places down in Pawleys Island but they are pretty expensive and far from world class.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 09:49:51 AM
[...]

Our area is the same, we've got some real great places for food here. Us cold mid-westerners really know how to eat.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 09:54:23 AM
They never fail to amaze me here, Sheriffs that can’t own a gun.

South Carolina bill seeks to ban felons from being sheriffs

In a state where eight county sheriffs have been convicted of crimes in office over the past decade, South Carolina lawmakers want to tighten the qualifications to be a top law enforcement official.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 09:57:56 AM
[...]

I will say that one good thing people fleeing the NE to live here have brought with them is a good philly cheese steak. And we now have some good Italian food joints.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 10:01:18 AM
[...]

A lot of great food in Austin but there has always been a severe shortage of good Italian restaurants.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 06, 2019, 10:01:43 AM
[...]

CNS
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 10:24:01 AM
[...]

This place in NW Austin is really good.  http://www.realespizza.com/ (http://www.realespizza.com/).  And Tony & Luigi's in G-town, though their bar area is pathetic if you have to wait for a table.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 11:18:02 AM
Everyone dreaming of pizza lull?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 11:37:15 AM
Everyone dreaming of pizza lull?
busy cooking here.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 12:01:56 PM
Everyone dreaming of pizza lull?
As lulls go, I'll take it.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 12:23:08 PM
CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) - Dollar Tree is closing up to 390 Family Dollar stores this year and rebranding about 200 others under the Dollar Tree name.

The company closed 84 Family Dollar stores in the fourth quarter, 37 more than originally planned. The company has said that it will renovate at least 1,000 stores this year.

Dollar Tree Inc., based in Chesapeake, Virginia, acquired Family Dollar in 2015 for almost $9 billion.

The company said Wednesday that it's seeking rent concessions from landlords at the 84 stores closed late last year and if it doesn't get them, it'll speed up the pace of store closings to as many as 390 locations. Dollar Tree closes about 75 stores annually.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 12:25:39 PM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
I need a friggin translator.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 12:28:34 PM
They never fail to amaze me here, Sheriffs that can’t own a gun.

South Carolina bill seeks to ban felons from being sheriffs

In a state where eight county sheriffs have been convicted of crimes in office over the past decade, South Carolina lawmakers want to tighten the qualifications to be a top law enforcement official.
Now there's a concept.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 12:30:30 PM
CHESAPEAKE, Va. (AP) - Dollar Tree is closing up to 390 Family Dollar stores this year and rebranding about 200 others under the Dollar Tree name.

The company closed 84 Family Dollar stores in the fourth quarter, 37 more than originally planned. The company has said that it will renovate at least 1,000 stores this year.

Dollar Tree Inc., based in Chesapeake, Virginia, acquired Family Dollar in 2015 for almost $9 billion.

The company said Wednesday that it's seeking rent concessions from landlords at the 84 stores closed late last year and if it doesn't get them, it'll speed up the pace of store closings to as many as 390 locations. Dollar Tree closes about 75 stores annually.
What, do they one dollar rent?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 12:32:37 PM
A bride-to-be has been slammed online for letting her best friend’s body shape stop her from being part of her bridal party.

After planning her dream wedding, the unnamed bride has decided that she would ask one of her closest friends to be her bridesmaid – simply because her boobs will too big for the style of dress they will be wearing.
“I’ve spent most of the last few weeks getting together with friends to do the whole “will you be my bridesmaid?” thing. The group consists of a mix of friends from work, college, and childhood,” she explained in a Reddit post.. “I have a couple of friends that I’ve had literally since grade school. Their names are Kristy and Erin. Kristy is my absolute best friend in the whole wide world, like the sister I never had. Erin and I aren’t as close as we once were, but that’s mostly just because we went to different universities and naturally grew apart a bit.”
She explained that the trip had managed to stay in regular contact over the years, meaning Erin is still a very close friend. And she explained that Erin was immediately standoffish when she realised she had not been inviting to be a bridesmaid.

“I asked Kristy about it later and she told me that Erin’s feelings were hurt and then asked me why I didn’t include Erin, and I told her the truth,” she added. “Erin has MASSIVE breasts. Literally bigger than should be physiologically possible because she has a hormone disorder that caused her breasts to grow to an excessive degree.

“We (as in Erin’s mom, doctor, Kristy, me, and just about everyone else important in Erin’s life) have been encouraging her to get a breast reduction surgery for years now, but she just won’t follow through with it because she’s terrified of surgery. That’s beside the point though. I originally planned on asking Erin to be a bridesmaid, but then I started thinking about the logistics of getting a bridesmaid dress tailored to fit her dimensions and how she won’t be capable of wearing a strapless dress because she can’t do strapless bras.”
She also noted that Erin “would need a dress with sleeves” and that meant the bride would “have to settle on a bridesmaid dress with sleeves for all the girls to wear in the heat of summer” or have “Erin have to be the only one wearing a different dress.”

“It stressed me out immensely, and I felt that it would be borderline impossible to find a resolution that wouldn’t somehow embarrass and/or ostracise Erin,” she explained. “And here’s the other issue that might be flirting with ‘Bridezilla’ territory. Part of me has a fear that Erin’s presence would be a distraction.

“When people think back on my wedding, I want them to think about how beautiful the venue was, or how nice the wedding party looked, or (dare I say) my fiance and I finally getting hitched! I don’t want people to remember my wedding for the bridesmaid with the giant boobs.”
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: sfish on March 06, 2019, 12:34:59 PM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
I need a friggin translator.
As Bill Parcells used to tell his players: Nothing good happens after midnight
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 12:40:50 PM
Pistoff Kristoff boxes on sale at Atlantic.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 12:43:10 PM
[...]

She can be my bridesmaid.  I'm not judgemental.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 12:47:58 PM
[...]

It would at least be nice if we could have a picture, to make our own determination. You know, for science.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 12:48:29 PM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
I need a friggin translator.
As Bill Parcells used to tell his players: Nothing good happens after midnight
And this occurred after 4 am. How late is this damn bar open, anyways?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 12:49:30 PM
😂😂😂

A fight broke out recently at the Jackhammer bar on Chicago’s North side involving members of the LGBTQ community, leading to charges of racism and transphobia being leveled against “masc4masc white gays” that own and frequent the establishment.

The incident occurred when a fight broke out sometime after 4am. According to one witness account, everyone involved was ejected and that’s when all hell broke loose.

“the f*cking masc4masc white gays at jackhammer got a trans woman of color arrested last night and I’m so f*cking pissed f*ck these racist pieces of shit”

“do NOT support this establishment they pretend to be inclusive but actually hate anyone who’s not a cis masc gay”
I need a friggin translator.
As Bill Parcells used to tell his players: Nothing good happens after midnight
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 12:53:30 PM
turkey is ready to go in at 1pm, potatoes peeled. EPC 2nd and coffee.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 12:55:13 PM
[...]

I knew we would live to regret that request.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 12:57:26 PM
[...]

I wonder what kind of alarm bells that set off on my work computer.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 01:00:33 PM
[...]

I removed it.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: sfish on March 06, 2019, 01:11:41 PM
Pistoff Kristoff boxes on sale at Atlantic.
I like that cigar
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 01:32:48 PM
Wow. Have I been getting jumped today. And not in a good way either.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 01:52:11 PM
Wow. Have I been getting jumped today. And not in a good way either.
Jumped at work, maybe humped at home?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 01:56:07 PM
Wow. Have I been getting jumped today. And not in a good way either.
Jumped at work, maybe humped at home?
Friggin' auto correct. I swear it said humped before I clicked "post".
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 02:02:35 PM
Wow. Have I been getting jumped today. And not in a good way either.
Jumped at work, maybe humped at home?
Friggin' auto correct. I swear it said humped before I clicked "post".
You should try that same tactic on the wife.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 06, 2019, 02:18:20 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 02:42:52 PM
Pistoff Kristoff boxes on sale at Atlantic.
I like that cigar
Well then....?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 02:44:42 PM
[...]

May or may not agree, but thought this was timely for pizza debate:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-absolute-best-pizza-in-every-state/ss-BBUgEFV?ocid=spartanntp
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 02:59:22 PM
[...]

Well I have tried one on that list, MOD Pizza in Kansas but they are everywhere and I tried one in Austin.  Pizza version of Subway and edible but certainly not top shelf.

Looking at the pictures if I could try just one it would be the Baton Rouge, LA pizza, it looks really good.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 03:01:38 PM
Met the boy at a new Vietnamese Pho Restaurant for lunch, pretty good.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 04:27:11 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 04:28:56 PM
Been sober for 5 days so well dried out from any vacation over indulgence and ready to sip.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 05:20:51 PM
Jeopardy host Alex Trebek announces in video that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 05:57:23 PM
Been sober for 5 days so well dried out from any vacation over indulgence and ready to sip.
Too long...dont want to get out of condition, do you?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:07:18 PM
Been sober for 5 days so well dried out from any vacation over indulgence and ready to sip.
Too long...dont want to get out of condition, do you?
Definitely don’t want that to happen but I am back on the horse now😀
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:12:39 PM
Met the boy at a new Vietnamese Pho Restaurant for lunch, pretty good.
What the pho?
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:13:15 PM
Jeopardy host Alex Trebek announces in video that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
Oof. Kiss of death.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:14:31 PM
On my way home now. Let's hope the busses are running on time.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:14:40 PM
Jeopardy host Alex Trebek announces in video that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
Oof. Kiss of death.
Sadly so.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 06, 2019, 06:21:00 PM
On my way home now. Let's hope the busses are running on time.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 06, 2019, 06:22:59 PM
On my way home now. Let's hope the busses are running on time.
I wish walking were an option. It would be faster.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/billionaire-diamond-trader-dies-during-penis-enhancement-procedure-reports-say.amp

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on March 06, 2019, 07:44:15 PM
On my way home now. Let's hope the busses are running on time.
I wish walking were an option. It would be faster.
Diffenently hav3 to pack a lunch.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 06, 2019, 08:04:03 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/billionaire-diamond-trader-dies-during-penis-enhancement-procedure-reports-say.amp

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.
MF'er, I'd have a heart attack too if someone did that to me.  By age 65 you'd think his gherkin would have served him well enough.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 06, 2019, 08:29:34 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/billionaire-diamond-trader-dies-during-penis-enhancement-procedure-reports-say.amp

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.
MF'er, I'd have a heart attack too if someone did that to me.  By age 65 you'd think his gherkin would have served him well enough.
I guess money can't buy everything.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 10:37:33 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/billionaire-diamond-trader-dies-during-penis-enhancement-procedure-reports-say.amp

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.
MF'er, I'd have a heart attack too if someone did that to me.  By age 65 you'd think his gherkin would have served him well enough.
I guess money can't buy everything.
Better to give than receive.
Title: Re: 3/6/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 06, 2019, 10:39:30 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/health/billionaire-diamond-trader-dies-during-penis-enhancement-procedure-reports-say.amp

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.
MF'er, I'd have a heart attack too if someone did that to me.  By age 65 you'd think his gherkin would have served him well enough.
You gonna tell Dean that?