CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 02, 2019, 12:04:18 AM

Title: 3/2/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on March 02, 2019, 12:04:18 AM
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 05:23:57 AM
Kentucky House approves bill to let people carry concealed guns without a permit.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 05:25:25 AM
https://halfwheel.com/colibri-evo/295767
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 05:29:23 AM
https://www.villages-news.com/2019/03/01/intoxicated-woman-in-bikini-arrested-after-fleeing-scene-of-crash-in-the-villages/
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 05:39:42 AM
good morning banter. a party on the street got a bit out of hand around 4am, yelling, fighting, lights and sirens. peaceful again now. Short Story and coffee.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 06:45:21 AM
you didn't think I could do it but I did manage to do nothing yesterday.
today I have an Events Committee meeting, tomorrow 2 business meetings, Monday JAX business meeting, Tuesday our monthly pot luck meeting, and Wednesday is golf day.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:18:29 AM
Morning Dean’O, back home and slept in this morning.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:20:22 AM
Morning Smokers, Jamming Saturday and there is a decent MOW Sampler up now.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/joecigar/
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:30:41 AM
60° here so at least I did not have a bad cold shock when we got home.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 07:32:38 AM
Morning Dean’O, back home and slept in this morning.
glad you made it home safe.
no such thing as sleeping in when you're retired.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:33:45 AM
Morning Dean’O, back home and slept in this morning.
Good for you, travelling east is always harder.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:34:20 AM
Morning SCDave and DoNothingDean.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:36:35 AM
Jammin' today, just FYI.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:37:29 AM
Nice glaze of ice over everything this morning.  March....sheesh.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:39:24 AM
Jammin' today, just FYI.
🙄
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:39:48 AM
Morning LateAgainDave
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:41:41 AM
Today is Saturday, March 2, the 61st day of 2019. There are 304 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On March 2, 1933, the motion picture "King Kong" had its world premiere at New York's Radio City Music Hall and the Roxy.

On this date:
In 1793, the first (and third) president of the Republic of Texas, Sam Houston, was born near Lexington, Virginia.
In 1836, the Republic of Texas formally declared its independence from Mexico.
In 1877, Republican Rutherford B. Hayes was declared the winner of the 1876 presidential election over Democrat Samuel J. Tilden, even though Tilden had won the popular vote.
In 1917, Puerto Ricans were granted U.S. citizenship as President Woodrow Wilson signed the Jones-Shafroth Act.
In 1939, Roman Catholic Cardinal Eugenio Pacelli (puh-CHEL'-ee) was elected pope on his 63rd birthday; he took the name Pius XII. The Massachusetts legislature voted to ratify the Bill of Rights, 147 years after the first 10 amendments to the U.S. Constitution had gone into effect. (Georgia and Connecticut soon followed.)
In 1943, the three-day Battle of the Bismarck Sea began in the southwest Pacific during World War II; U.S. and Australian warplanes were able to inflict heavy damage on an Imperial Japanese convoy.
In 1962, Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points for the Philadelphia Warriors in a game against the New York Knicks, an NBA record that still stands. (Philadelphia won, 169-147.)
In 1978, the remains of comedian Charles Chaplin were stolen by extortionists from his grave in Cosier-sur-Vevey, Switzerland. (The body was recovered near Lake Geneva 11 weeks later.)
In 1985, the government approved a screening test for AIDS that detected antibodies to the virus, allowing possibly contaminated blood to be excluded from the blood supply.
In 1989, representatives from the 12 European Community nations agreed to ban all production of CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), the synthetic compounds blamed for destroying the Earth's ozone layer, by the end of the 20th century.
In 1990, more than 6,000 drivers went on strike against Greyhound Lines Inc. (The company, later declaring an impasse in negotiations, fired the strikers.)
In 1995, the Internet search engine website Yahoo! was incorporated by founders Jerry Yang and David Filo.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:42:27 AM
Ten years ago: President Barack Obama introduced Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as his choice to be secretary of health and human services. Soldiers assassinated the president of Guinea-Bissau, Joao Bernardo "Nino" Vieira.

Five years ago: The historical drama "12 Years a Slave" won best picture at the 86th annual Academy Awards; one of its stars, Lupita Nyong'o, won best supporting actress. Matthew McConaughey was named best actor for "Dallas Buyers Club" while Cate Blanchett was honored as best actress for "Blue Jasmine"; Alfonso Cuaron received best director for "Gravity."

One year ago: At a funeral before an invitation-only crowd of approximately 2,000 in Charlotte, North Carolina, the children of the Rev. Billy Graham remembered "America's Pastor" as a man devoted to spreading the Gospel, and one who lived his life at home as he preached it in stadiums. A nor'easter pounded the Atlantic coast with hurricane-force winds and sideways rain and snow, grounding flights and leaving more than 2 million homes and businesses without power from North Carolina to Maine.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:42:46 AM
Morning Dean’O, back home and slept in this morning.
Good for you, travelling east is always harder.
Customs is the international travel nightmare these days.  1 hour 45 minutes to get through customs in Atlanta last night, pathetic.  For the trip we spent over 4 hours in various customs procedures.

Highly unlikely for us to make another trip out of the U.S., just too much f’n trouble.  We had right at 5 hours actual flying time each way, all planes were even on-time yet from door to door the travel time was 16 hours going and 14 hours returning.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:45:06 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actor John Cullum is 89.
Former Soviet President and Nobel peace laureate Mikhail S. Gorbachev is 88.
Actress Barbara Luna is 80.
Author John Irving is 77.
Actress Cassie Yates is 68.
Actress Laraine Newman is 67.
Former Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., is 66.
Former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar is 64.
Singer Jay Osmond is 64.
Pop musician John Cowsill (The Cowsills) is 63.
Former tennis player Kevin Curren is 61.
Country singer Larry Stewart (Restless Heart) is 60.
Rock singer Jon Bon Jovi is 57.
Blues singer-musician Alvin Youngblood Hart is 56.
Actor Daniel Craig is 51.
Actor Richard Ruccolo is 47.
Rock musician Casey (Jimmie's Chicken Shack) is 43.
Rock singer Chris Martin (Coldplay) is 42.
Actress Heather McComb is 42.
Actress Rebel Wilson is 39.
Actress Bryce Dallas Howard is 38.
NFL quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is 37.
Musician Mike "McDuck" Olson (Lake Street Dive) is 36.
Actor Robert Iler is 34.
Actress Nathalie Emmanuel is 30.
Country singer Luke Combs is 29.
Singer-rapper-actress Becky G is 22.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:45:50 AM
Thought for Today: "Nothing ever really sets human nature free, but self-control." — Phyllis Bottome, English writer (1884-1963).
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:47:19 AM
Morning Dean’O, back home and slept in this morning.
Good for you, travelling east is always harder.
Customs is the international travel nightmare these days.  1 hour 45 minutes to get through customs in Atlanta last night, pathetic.  For the trip we spent over 4 hours in various customs procedures.
Anymore, Global Travel and TSA Pre are worth it even if you only fly a couple of times a year.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:48:35 AM
Morning LateAgainDave
I was up at 6:30.  Just got into other things....declutter moving day today.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 07:52:52 AM
Morning SCDave and DoNothingDean.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 07:54:45 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 07:58:03 AM
Morning Dean’O, back home and slept in this morning.
Good for you, travelling east is always harder.
Customs is the international travel nightmare these days.  1 hour 45 minutes to get through customs in Atlanta last night, pathetic.  For the trip we spent over 4 hours in various customs procedures.
Anymore, Global Travel and TSA Pre are worth it even if you only fly a couple of times a year.
We are PreChek but does no good outside the USA, actually the security lines were not a real problem this trip, only about 15 minutes in Costa Rica yesterday .  Agree on Global but we only travel out of the country once ever 3 or 4 years.

Unless it was just a 4-day fishing trip (fishing is really nice there) most of us agreed we would not go back to Costa Rica.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 07:59:35 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Fair enough, but getting with Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre for just a little more than paying for TSA Pre by itself.  In most (domestic) airports, TSA Pre is a real timesaver.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 08:01:37 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
I have seen all but 2 areas of America (lower FL Keys and the Everglades) that I have any interest in and we plan to do that in the next year.  I would luv to go back to Little Cayman but probably won’t do it.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 08:02:24 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Fair enough, but getting with Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre for just a little more than paying for TSA Pre by itself.  In most (domestic) airports, TSA Pre is a real timesaver.
Agree with that
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 08:04:42 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Fair enough, but getting with Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre for just a little more than paying for TSA Pre by itself.  In most (domestic) airports, TSA Pre is a real timesaver.
I believe I am on the country's watch list so I may not be allowed back in. 😊
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 08:16:00 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Fair enough, but getting with Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre for just a little more than paying for TSA Pre by itself.  In most (domestic) airports, TSA Pre is a real timesaver.
I believe I am on the country's watch list so I may not be allowed back in. 😊
If that were the case you would not be able to get on a plane in the U.S. nor would you be able to get Pre or Global much less a passport, so basically you couldn’t leave the country
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2019, 08:18:53 AM
Good morning Gentlemen. New world Cameroon and coffee before I do my grocery shopping.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 08:37:43 AM
Good morning Gentlemen. New world Cameroon and coffee before I do my grocery shopping.
Morning Blue
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2019, 08:39:31 AM
Good morning Gentlemen. New world Cameroon and coffee before I do my grocery shopping.
Morning Blue
Hey Buddy.. Hugging the heater but felt like a cigar to get the day going.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 08:40:44 AM
Good morning Gentlemen. New world Cameroon and coffee before I do my grocery shopping.
Morning Blue
Hey Buddy.. Hugging the heater but felt like a cigar to get the day going.
New🦎 doing ok?
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2019, 08:49:11 AM
Good morning Gentlemen. New world Cameroon and coffee before I do my grocery shopping.
Morning Blue
Hey Buddy.. Hugging the heater but felt like a cigar to get the day going.
New doing ok?
Oh man the family is loving him. He found a burrow under a rock and slept there all night. Right now lights are on and fireplace running so hope he gets up soon
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2019, 08:53:10 AM
I'm still remodeling my basement and it's coming together nicely with my new terrarium set up. Went with all new equipment. I have to put my fish tank in room and more furniture. I'll be busy today after grocery shopping.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2019, 09:14:12 AM
Have a good day everyone. I may stop by later. Smoke something good
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:16:45 AM
Have a good day everyone. I may stop by later. Smoke something good
LaterBlue, stay warm!
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2019, 09:18:24 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2019, 09:20:15 AM
Got about 4 inches here overnight.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2019, 09:21:29 AM
I guess the coming in like a lion part is true. Now let's hope it goes out like a lamb.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:25:40 AM
Got about 4 inches in here overnight. ;D
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:26:22 AM
I guess the coming in like a lion part is true. Now let's hope it goes out like a lamb.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:27:31 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:42:32 AM
Some photos of the super cool restaurant in the mountains where we had 🍻  on the ATV ride.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:43:29 AM
One more
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 09:45:08 AM
lady needed my truck to move crap, brought donuts and a pound of coffee, left her car so I have transportation.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 09:45:52 AM
hello Rick, good bye Rick.
morning Tony.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 09:46:36 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Fair enough, but getting with Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre for just a little more than paying for TSA Pre by itself.  In most (domestic) airports, TSA Pre is a real timesaver.
I believe I am on the country's watch list so I may not be allowed back in. 😊
If that were the case you would not be able to get on a plane in the U.S. nor would you be able to get Pre or Global much less a passport, so basically you couldn’t leave the country
win win in my case.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 09:50:41 AM
Kentucky House approves bill to let people carry concealed guns without a permit.
Permitless gun carry bill first signed by Oklahoma governor.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 09:56:47 AM
Kentucky House approves bill to let people carry concealed guns without a permit.
Permitless gun carry bill first signed by Oklahoma governor.
Good thing/bad thing most licensing states will not allow “constitutional carry” state non-residents to carry when visiting.   Works both ways too, that is why I had to get a Utah license.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 10:19:14 AM
Excellent Deal at Holts

Liga Privada Undercrown Robusto
FREE SHIPPING!
Only $3.95 per cigar!/$99 per box of 25

https://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast/liga-privada-undercrown-robusto-6.html
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2019, 10:38:45 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Mostly french press, right?
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 10:44:15 AM
I have no intention on flying out of the country. way too many places in the states I want to see before I die.
Fair enough, but getting with Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre for just a little more than paying for TSA Pre by itself.  In most (domestic) airports, TSA Pre is a real timesaver.
I believe I am on the country's watch list so I may not be allowed back in. 😊
Yea, Pete has a lot of influence.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 10:45:49 AM
Got about 4 inches here overnight.
TWSS …..Bean slacking off again.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 10:47:29 AM
Excellent Deal at Holts

Liga Privada Undercrown Robusto
FREE SHIPPING!
Only $3.95 per cigar!/$99 per box of 25

https://www.holts.com/specials/weekend-roast/liga-privada-undercrown-robusto-6.html
Holts does seem to be the go to place as of late.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 10:48:09 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Mostly french press, right?
You asking Dean or SCDave?
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 11:02:11 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Mostly french press, right?
Mostly Costa Beans with Mr Coffee at the house😀 but I did have some French press dark roast at a little local coffee shop and it was fabulous.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 11:02:35 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Mostly french press, right?
You asking Dean or SCDave?
😂😂😂
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 11:22:05 AM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Mostly french press, right?
You asking Dean or SCDave?
😂😂😂

Je n'ai pas encore de femmes françaises dans la rotation.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 11:34:57 AM
Time to go get some lunch then pick up the puppy dogs at the kennel.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 02, 2019, 11:39:54 AM
Time to go get some lunch then pick up the puppy dogs at the kennel.
sounds like a plan. I need lunch and head to the committee meeting.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2019, 12:26:45 PM
Lively banter this morning. Hello and goodbye, Rick. Welcome home, SCDave. I'm happy for you, DidNothingDean. And happy Saturday, IcyDave.
Morning Mayor, food and coffee in CR were great.  Brought a couple pounds of coffee home.
Mostly french press, right?
You asking Dean or SCDave?
Hahaha. Whichever responds.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 02:41:17 PM
MOW Armada Corona 🔥 and some ice water, figuring I need to dry out a few days.  I stayed pretty saturated while we were gone.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 02:42:00 PM
Sheesh, almost $800 to kennel the dogs while we were gone.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 02:46:35 PM
Right nice outside, 65 degrees and partly cloudy with almost no wind.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 02, 2019, 04:17:26 PM
Something new for FruFruBeerDave to try.

Smartmouth Brewing Company has a limited supply of its Saturday Morning IPA brewed with cereal marshmallows at its Norfolk, Va., brewery.

Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, the Smartmouth Brewing Company is putting nostalgia on tap by releasing an IPA that tastes just like the colorful marshmallows found in Lucky Charms cereal.

Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 04:57:15 PM
Something new for FruFruBeerDave to try.

Smartmouth Brewing Company has a limited supply of its Saturday Morning IPA brewed with cereal marshmallows at its Norfolk, Va., brewery.

Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, the Smartmouth Brewing Company is putting nostalgia on tap by releasing an IPA that tastes just like the colorful marshmallows found in Lucky Charms cereal.
Tjanks but no thanks. Passed on an IPA with Sour Patch Kids.
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2019, 08:02:10 PM
Fru Fru lull?
Title: Re: 3/2/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2019, 11:42:34 PM
Something new for FruFruBeerDave to try.

Smartmouth Brewing Company has a limited supply of its Saturday Morning IPA brewed with cereal marshmallows at its Norfolk, Va., brewery.

Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, the Smartmouth Brewing Company is putting nostalgia on tap by releasing an IPA that tastes just like the colorful marshmallows found in Lucky Charms cereal.
Tjanks but no thanks. Passed on an IPA with Sour Patch Kids.
I'm with you on that one. Some flavors are complementary with a good IPA. I'm doubting Lucky Charms is such a flavor.