CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on September 01, 2019, 12:45:02 AM

Title: 9/1/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on September 01, 2019, 12:45:02 AM
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 05:06:50 AM
Morning Woodie Whackers
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 06:03:51 AM
Good morning Dave. How is the banter? Everyone doing ok?
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 06:09:11 AM
Good morning Dave. How is the banter? Everyone doing ok?
Morning Boiler Striker, just monitoring the hurricane here.

How are you?
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 06:11:11 AM
Good morning Dave. How is the banter? Everyone doing ok?
I think everyone is as ok as possible with this small bunch.  NJ Dave has been in the hospital for a few days but he is out and seems to be doing ok now.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2019, 06:11:20 AM
good morning Dave and Rick.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 06:14:12 AM
good morning Dave and Rick.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2019, 06:39:20 AM
storm?
what storm?
"panic mongers all of them."
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 06:40:19 AM
I hope everyone is well. My absence has been due to just so much going on. I will perserver. It just feels like life is moving 100 mph
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 06:49:10 AM
The strike vote passed and the board offered us a 3 year contract which will probably get passed because workforce is older and many are near the finish line. I myself know there's more there but your only strong in numbers
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:32:41 AM
Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:35:55 AM
Party day today, so prep time begins after this cigar and coffee.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 07:36:56 AM
Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
Morning UpStateDave, I glad you know where the path is because the NHC sure as hell doesn’t!

They are starting to shy away from that turn north in the Bahamas, next 12 hours are going to be interesting.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:37:58 AM
Yikes....September already!
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:41:21 AM
Today is Sunday, Sept. 1, the 244th day of 2019. There are 121 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On September 1, 1939, World War II began as Nazi Germany invaded Poland.

On this date:
In 1715, following a reign of 72 years, King Louis XIV of France died four days before his 77th birthday.
In 1807, former Vice President Aaron Burr was found not guilty of treason. (Burr was then tried on a misdemeanor charge, but was again acquitted.)
In 1923, the Japanese cities of Tokyo and Yokohama were devastated by an earthquake that claimed some 140,000 lives.
In 1942, U.S. District Court Judge Martin I. Welsh, ruling from Sacramento, Calif., on a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of Fred Korematsu, upheld the wartime detention of Japanese-Americans as well as Japanese nationals.
In 1945, Americans received word of Japan's formal surrender that ended World War II. (Because of the time difference, it was Sept. 2 in Tokyo Bay, where the ceremony took place.)
In 1961, the Soviet Union ended a moratorium on atomic testing with an above-ground nuclear explosion in central Asia. A TWA Lockheed Constellation crashed shortly after takeoff from Chicago's Midway Airport, killing all 78 people on board.
In 1969, a coup in Libya brought Moammar Gadhafi to power.
In 1972, American Bobby Fischer won the international chess crown in Reykjavik (RAY'-kyuh-vik), Iceland, as Boris Spassky of the Soviet Union resigned before the resumption of Game 21. An arson fire at the Blue Bird Cafe in Montreal, Canada, claimed 37 lives.
In 1983, 269 people were killed when a Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 was shot down by a Soviet jet fighter after the airliner entered Soviet airspace.
In 1985, a U.S.-French expedition located the wreckage of the Titanic on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean roughly 400 miles off Newfoundland.
In 2004, more than 1,000 people were taken hostage by heavily armed Chechen militants at a school in Beslan in southern Russia; more than 330 people, more than half of them children, were killed in the three-day ordeal.
In 2005, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin issued a "desperate SOS" as his city descended into anarchy amid the flooding left by Hurricane Katrina.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:42:24 AM
Ten years ago: Vermont's law allowing same-sex marriage went into effect. Poland held ceremonies marking the 70th anniversary of the start of World War II. Death claimed award-winning conductor Erich Kunzel at age 74 and Wycliffe Johnson, a major figure in Jamaican music, at age 47.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama, addressing a union crowd in Milwaukee, renewed his push for Congress to raise the minimum wage in a buoyant accounting of the economy's "revving" performance. The U.N.'s top human rights body overwhelmingly approved the Iraqi government's request for an investigation into alleged crimes against civilians committed by the Islamic State group in its rampage across northeastern Syria and parts of Iraq. Cole Hamels and three Philadelphia Phillies relievers combined to pitch a no-hitter, the fourth of the season, beating the Atlanta Braves 7-0.

One year ago: At a nearly three-hour memorial service for the late Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain in Washington, McCain's daughter and two former presidents led a public rebuke of President Donald Trump's divisive politics and called for a return to civility among the nation's leaders.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 07:44:51 AM
Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
Morning UpStateDave, I glad you know where the path is because the NHC sure as hell doesn’t!

They are starting to shy away from that turn north in the Bahamas, next 12 hours are going to be interesting.
Just like I said, This is a little post just put out from a commercial Hurricane forecast:

Mike's Weather

Too many overnight models inched west not to have Hurricane Watches up for east Florida IMO....
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:45:31 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actor George Maharis is 91.
Conductor Seiji Ozawa (SAY'-jee oh-ZAH'-wah) is 84.
Attorney and law professor Alan Dershowitz is 81.
Comedian-actress Lily Tomlin is 80.
Actor Don Stroud is 76.
Conductor Leonard Slatkin is 75.
Singer Archie Bell is 75.
Singer Barry Gibb is 73.
Rock musician Greg Errico is 71.
Talk show host Dr. Phil McGraw is 69.
Singer Gloria Estefan is 62.
Former White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers is 58.
Jazz musician Boney James is 58.
Singer-musician Grant Lee Phillips (Grant Lee Buffalo) is 56.
Country singer-songwriter Charlie Robison is 55.
Retired NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway is 53.
Rap DJ Spigg Nice (Lost Boyz) is 49.
Actor Ricardo Antonio Chavira is 48.
Actor Maury Sterling is 48.
Rock singer JD Fortune is 46.
Actor Scott Speedman is 44.
Country singer Angaleena Presley (Pistol Annies) is 43.
Actor Boyd Holbrook is 38.
Actress Zoe Lister-Jones is 37.
Rock musician Joe Trohman is 35.
Actress Aisling (ASH'-ling) Loftus is 29.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 07:46:31 AM
Thought for Today: "There is little that can withstand a man who can conquer himself." — King Louis XIV (1638-1715).
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2019, 07:53:05 AM
Morning InThePathSCDave, ResolutionRick and GetYaNextTimeDean.
good morning Dave. good to see you back to mostly normal.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2019, 08:02:09 AM
Party day today, so prep time begins after this cigar and coffee.
ditto.
time to get ready and try and find a couple of pounds of potato salad.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 08:15:06 AM
NJDave sorry to hear you had a set back. No one likes hospitals. Wishing you the best
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 08:40:48 AM
Any good cigar buys out there?
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on September 01, 2019, 08:44:39 AM
NJDave sorry to hear you had a set back. No one likes hospitals. Wishing you the best
Thank you sir. Wanted to jump on it early before it got bad like last year.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 09:40:01 AM
Seen a decent price on Camacho Connecticut at the page. Hmm?
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 10:06:19 AM
L'Atelier Travailleur Fired Up

F’n Banter won’t post my picture
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 10:10:58 AM
Dorian Wind Speed Upgraded as pressure continues to drop, will soon bring major devastation to Marsh Harbor in Abaco, Bahamas

9:30 AM EDT Sun Sep 1
Location: 26.5°N 76.6°W
Moving: W at 8 mph
Min pressure: 922 mb
Max sustained: 175 mph
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 10:14:27 AM
Hurricane Flight Report:  the NE eyewall of #Dorian just measured a surface wind of 202 mph. Dropsonde measurements are instantaneous, so this is likely a gust, but still...
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 10:38:12 AM
Any good cigar buys out there?
You might check the 900 Labor Day Specials at The Page😂
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 10:45:31 AM
Seen a decent price on Camacho Connecticut at the page. Hmm?
At my least favorite place Famous (Monster) and not most folks favorite Vitola and I don’t know if a great deal or not but:  5/$25 FS
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 10:59:15 AM
Going to meet the Boy and DIL for lunch
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2019, 11:33:49 AM
at the picnic, all set up, just waiting on people.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 12:19:41 PM
Seen a decent price on Camacho Connecticut at the page. Hmm?
At my least favorite place Famous (Monster) and not most folks favorite Vitola and I don’t know if a great deal or not but:  5/$25 FS
The page has the Toro at 60 dollars for pack of 20. I may wait till tomorrow and see what else pops up
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 02:26:20 PM
Everyone's watching tornado coverage?
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 02:31:04 PM
Everyone's watching tornado Hurricane coverage?
Wrong storm type😀
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 02:31:59 PM
MB 3 Churchill Ready For 🔥
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 02:38:31 PM
There is a fairly high probability the NHC is going to have its biggest fuk-up in history.  Going to be really interesting to watch what they do over the next 24-36 hours.   This storm might just go head first into the FL east coast rather than turn north.

Two forecasters I follow have been saying for almost 2 days they can’t rule that out and now the likelihood is getting higher.

Going to be one hell of a mess if that storm comes on shore instead of turning north and staying offshore.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on September 01, 2019, 03:00:31 PM
They are setting up to evacuate a large stretch of SouthEast Florida
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 04:17:25 PM
Everyone's watching tornado Hurricane coverage?
Wrong storm type
That's what I meant. Thanks Dave
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 04:22:21 PM
Seen a decent price on Camacho Connecticut at the page. Hmm?
At my least favorite place Famous (Monster) and not most folks favorite Vitola and I don’t know if a great deal or not but:  5/$25 FS
The page has the Toro at 60 dollars for pack of 20. I may wait till tomorrow and see what else pops up
So on my way home I stopped at Virgil avenue my B&M in the city and bought a Camacho Connecticut. I wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger. This is really going well with my coffee.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190901/b47f944a26aae35493cba63108f52473.jpg)
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on September 01, 2019, 05:42:44 PM
They are setting up to evacuate a large stretch of SouthEast Florida
mandatory evacuations for the coast of Jacksonville.
Title: Re: 9/1/2019
Post by: bluecollar on September 01, 2019, 08:52:32 PM
They are setting up to evacuate a large stretch of SouthEast Florida
mandatory evacuations for the coast of Jacksonville.
Dean I'm sorry haven't kept up with much. How are things by you?