CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 16, 2019, 12:02:49 AM

Title: 8/16/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on August 16, 2019, 12:02:49 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 05:17:24 AM
Morning Whores!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 05:23:04 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking 🤔
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 05:56:18 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 06:21:30 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
I was herfing with Charlie at an outdoor patio that didn't have TV. I followed on my phone once in a while but that game ended before it started. No biggie, there are a couple of more games to the series.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 06:25:05 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
Congrats?? I'm married less than half as long and figure I'm deserving of a medal. Cheers to another 44!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 06:25:23 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 06:40:59 AM
Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 06:41:50 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
Congrats?? I'm married less than half as long and figure I'm deserving of a medal. Cheers to another 44!
Do I have to?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 06:43:36 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
Congrats?? I'm married less than half as long and figure I'm deserving of a medal. Cheers to another 44!
Do I have to?
Until death do you part!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 06:44:40 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
What do the son and d-i-l have in store for you?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 06:45:15 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
I was herfing with Charlie at an outdoor patio that didn't have TV. I followed on my phone once in a while but that game ended before it started. No biggie, there are a couple of more games to the series.
I don't get to see the games anymore, since Sling dropped my local Fox Sports channel. But I saw a post about the HRs on FB and checked on it through the MLB app. Good to see the bats come alive every now and then. Wish they could've saved a few for the next one, though. :D
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 06:48:53 AM
good morning guys.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 06:50:01 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking 🤔
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?
🎉
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 06:52:43 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
What do the son and d-i-l have in store for you?
Hah, you must live in a mythical dream!

They are gone to GA and we are keeping their dogs (dropped them off here yesterday evening) which is why we went out for a nice lunch yesterday.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 06:53:18 AM
good morning guys.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 06:55:28 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking 🤔
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?
🎉
If I knew then what I know now....................
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 07:15:03 AM
good morning guys.
Good morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 07:16:45 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?

If I knew then what I know now....................
How can life be so short and so long at the same time?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 07:17:55 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
I was herfing with Charlie at an outdoor patio that didn't have TV. I followed on my phone once in a while but that game ended before it started. No biggie, there are a couple of more games to the series.
I don't get to see the games anymore, since Sling dropped my local Fox Sports channel. But I saw a post about the HRs on FB and checked on it through the MLB app. Good to see the bats come alive every now and then. Wish they could've saved a few for the next one, though. :D
Glad our pitching was able to help.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:25:04 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
Congrats?? I'm married less than half as long and figure I'm deserving of a medal. Cheers to another 44!
Do I have to?
Until death do you part!
Well, not necessarily....
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:25:50 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking 🤔
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?
🎉
If I knew then what I know now....................
That would take all the fun out of it.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 07:26:09 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
I take it you're celebrating 44 years of bliss also?

If I knew then what I know now....................
How can life be so short and so long at the same time?
Amen
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:28:42 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:29:45 AM
Sis offering up Drew Estates this AM.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:32:43 AM
Today is Friday, Aug. 16, the 228th day of 2019. There are 137 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 16, 1977, Elvis Presley died at his Graceland estate in Memphis, Tennessee, at age 42.

On this date:
In 1812, Detroit fell to British and Indian forces in the War of 1812.
In 1858, a telegraphed message from Britain's Queen Victoria to President James Buchanan was transmitted over the recently laid trans-Atlantic cable.
In 1861, President Abraham Lincoln issued Proclamation 86, which prohibited the states of the Union from engaging in commercial trade with states that were in rebellion — i.e., the Confederacy.
In 1920, Ray Chapman of the Cleveland Indians was struck in the head by a pitch thrown by Carl Mays of the New York Yankees; Chapman died the following morning.
In 1948, baseball legend Babe Ruth died in New York at age 53.
In 1962, The Beatles fired their original drummer, Pete Best, replacing him with Ringo Starr.
In 1987, 156 people were killed when Northwest Airlines Flight 255 crashed while trying to take off from Detroit; the sole survivor was 4-year-old Cecelia Cichan (SHEE'-an).
In 1991, Pope John Paul II began the first-ever papal visit to Hungary.
In 1999, the U.S. version of the quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," hosted by Regis Philbin, began a limited two-week run on ABC.
In 2000, delegates to the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles formally nominated Al Gore for president.
In 2002, terrorist mastermind Abu Nidal reportedly was found shot to death in Baghdad, Iraq; he was 65.
In 2003, Idi Amin, the former dictator of Uganda, died in Jiddah, Saudi Arabia; he was believed to have been about 80.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:33:38 AM
Ten years ago: Negotiators averted a strike against the San Francisco Bay Area's commuter rail hours before a midnight deadline. Y.E. Yang of South Korea became the first Asian-born player to win one of golf's majors with a three-stroke win over Tiger Woods at the PGA Championship in Chaska, Minnesota. Usain Bolt ran to another world record, winning the 100-meter race in 9.58 seconds at the world championships in Berlin.

Five years ago: Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon declared a state of emergency and imposed a curfew in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson, where police and protesters repeatedly clashed in the week since a black teenager was shot to death by a white police officer. Pope Francis beatified 124 Korean martyrs during an open-air Mass in Seoul.

One year ago: Aretha Franklin, the undisputed "Queen of Soul," died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 76. Newspapers across the country pushed back against President Donald Trump's attacks on "fake news" with a coordinated series of editorials in defense of a free press. The Pentagon said the Veterans Day military parade ordered up by President Trump wouldn't happen in 2018 and that officials were now looking at 2019; the announcement came hours after reports that the parade would have an estimated cost of $92 million, more than three times the price first suggested by the White House.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 07:35:38 AM
Sis offering up Drew Estates this AM.
And your point is?

😀
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 07:35:57 AM
Morning UpStateDave
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:38:38 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Actress Ann Blyth is 91.
Actor Gary Clarke is 86.
Actress Julie Newmar is 86.
Actress-singer Ketty Lester is 85.
Actor John Standing is 85.
College Football Hall of Famer and NFL player Bill Glass is 84.
Actress Anita Gillette is 83.
Country singer Billy Joe Shaver is 80.
Movie director Bruce Beresford is 79.
Actor Bob Balaban is 74.
Ballerina Suzanne Farrell is 74.
Actress Lesley Ann Warren is 73.
Rock singer-musician Joey Spampinato is 71. Actor Marshall Manesh is 69.
Actor Reginald VelJohnson is 67.
Former TV host Kathie Lee Gifford is 66.
Rhythm-and-blues singer J.T. Taylor is 66.
Movie director James Cameron is 65.
Actor Jeff Perry is 64.
Rock musician Tim Farriss (INXS) is 62.
Actress Laura Innes is 62.
Singer Madonna is 61.
Actress Angela Bassett is 61.
Actor Timothy Hutton is 59.
Actor Steve Carell (kuh-REHL') is 57.
Former tennis player Jimmy Arias is 55.
Actor-singer Donovan Leitch is 52.
Actor Andy Milder is 51.
Actor Seth Peterson is 49.
Country singer Emily Robison (The Dixie Chicks) is 47.
Actor George Stults is 44.
Singer Vanessa Carlton is 39.
Actor Cam Gigandet is 37.
Actress Agnes Bruckner is 34.
Singer-musician Taylor Goldsmith (Dawes) is 34.
Actress Cristin Milioti is 34.
Actor Shawn Pyfrom is 33.
Country singer Ashton Shepherd is 33.
Actor Okieriete Onaodowan is 32.
Country singer Dan Smyers (Dan & Shay) is 32. NHL goalie Carey Price is 32.
Actor Kevin G. Schmidt is 31.
Actress Rumer Willis is 31.
Actor Parker Young is 31.
Rapper Young Thug is 28.
Actor Cameron Monaghan is 26.
Singer-pianist Greyson Chance is 22.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:39:19 AM
Thought for Today: "Genius is the ability to act rightly without precedent — the power to do the right thing the first time." — Elbert Hubbard, American writer (1856-1915).
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 07:39:20 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 07:53:29 AM
Good morning Daves, Dean, & Mr. Mayor.  Happy Friday to ya.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 07:54:59 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.

really?
😂
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:57:24 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.
That you did!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 07:58:20 AM
Morning DrySpellDean.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 08:08:14 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.
And such a deep, philosophical quote, too!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 08:10:15 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.
And such a deep, philosophical quote, too!
"Glad our pitching was able to help.".  Indeed.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 08:15:16 AM
A much more accurate and meaningful 21st century quote from a true philosopher

The planet is fine. The people are fucked.”
― George Carlin
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 08:20:13 AM
Damn, girl I went to high school died from Cancer Wednesday, she was not quite 2 months younger than me. Scary!

@ Tony - red head Italian girl too
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 08:25:26 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.
And such a deep, philosophical quote, too!
"Glad our pitching was able to help.".  Indeed.
LALTS
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 08:27:50 AM
Morning RomanticDevilDave, Deano, Mr. Mayor and NoSprinklesDave.
Good morning, NJDave. I already provided a great quote today. (The greatest. Ask anyone.) No reason to search for another.
And such a deep, philosophical quote, too!
"Glad our pitching was able to help.".  Indeed.

oh good Lord!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 08:29:37 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 08:45:03 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
You made us sound much nicer and more helpful than we are.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 08:56:49 AM
Good morning Daves, Dean, & Mr. Mayor.  Happy Friday to ya.
And to you, Mark.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 08:56:52 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
You made us sound much nicer and more helpful than we are.
Indeed again.  Perhaps some self-reflection is in order.....Naw..
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 08:58:39 AM
Damn, girl I went to high school died from Cancer Wednesday, she was not quite 2 months younger than me. Scary!

@ Tony - red head Italian girl too
Italians are feisty to begin with...
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 09:02:26 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
Speaking of paesans... I saw that.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 09:06:48 AM
heavy rains here have closed some roads in Citrus and Levy Counties.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 09:09:49 AM
1-minute scorchers running at the Page
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 09:09:57 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
You made us sound much nicer and more helpful than we are.
Well, first impressions...
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 09:12:33 AM
heavy rains here have closed some roads in Citrus and Levy Counties.
Dave forgot to tell the visitor we talk about Red Heads, Dean’Os Life, The Weather, Meals, Guns and .......... God Knows What Else.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 09:15:54 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 09:18:18 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 09:25:55 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0

doubt any of us will for that matter. 😂
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 09:26:07 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
If he likes nailing old broads, you may have a new best friend.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 09:26:47 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 09:27:27 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
If he likes nailing old broads, you may have a new best friend.
Haha. Though Dean doesn't seem to need a wing man.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 09:28:32 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
If he likes nailing old broads, you may have a new best friend.
They'll have to do rock-paper-scissors to divvy up the spoils.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 09:28:45 AM
Time for PT then off to see the parents.  Have a good one all.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 09:36:59 AM
Time for PT then off to see the parents.  Have a good one all.
Later, HipsterDave.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 09:37:34 AM
Time for PT then off to see the parents.  Have a good one all.
Later, Dave. Always remember, lift with the back, never the legs.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 09:40:35 AM
Time for PT then off to see the parents.  Have a good one all.
Later, Dave. Always remember, lift with the back, never the legs.
And grunt, always grunt.  Cussing under your breath helps also.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 09:41:04 AM
I didn't get a chance to post it but here's what my lineup looked like yesterday.

1) Drew Estate Undercrown Sun Grown
2) JdN Antaño Connecticut (add it to the list, it was a very good one)
3) My Father La Promesa (No signature DPG pepper notes)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/920c75fab300bc7f3a29c429469a067e.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/1d063e8ca219fd562489f8bf0f559e6f.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/886852cef803130293eb965a766bda57.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 09:41:41 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
We'll see who's still standing in October. If you get there
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 09:43:03 AM
Today is the Wardens 44th Anniversary, WTF Was I Thinking
Correction your Anniversary, congratulations.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 09:43:43 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 09:48:02 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
I was herfing with Charlie at an outdoor patio that didn't have TV. I followed on my phone once in a while but that game ended before it started. No biggie, there are a couple of more games to the series.
I don't get to see the games anymore, since Sling dropped my local Fox Sports channel. But I saw a post about the HRs on FB and checked on it through the MLB app. Good to see the bats come alive every now and then. Wish they could've saved a few for the next one, though. :D
I watched until the 5th inning then I went for a bike ride. That is what happens when you don't have a fifth starter. It backfired in the 1st inning and now your essentially playing mop up to save the bullpen. It was painful and I hope tonight is different. It was like shooting a load before her underwear came off.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 09:48:17 AM
Time for PT then off to see the parents.  Have a good one all.
See ya later, Dave.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 09:52:14 AM
Damn, girl I went to high school died from Cancer Wednesday, she was not quite 2 months younger than me. Scary!

@ Tony - red head Italian girl too
Italians are feisty to begin with...
I know I married a 101%er
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 09:53:02 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
We'll see who's still standing in October. If you get there
Good morning, Rick. Saw you smoked that V19. I had one in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger. I wish I had seen your post earlier while I was still at the shop. Oh well, next time.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 09:53:14 AM
Thunderstorms roaring and raining sideways!  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 09:55:32 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 09:57:16 AM
I didn't get a chance to post it but here's what my lineup looked like yesterday.

1) Drew Estate Undercrown Sun Grown
2) JdN Antaño Connecticut (add it to the list, it was a very good one)
3) My Father La Promesa (No signature DPG pepper notes)
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/920c75fab300bc7f3a29c429469a067e.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/1d063e8ca219fd562489f8bf0f559e6f.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/886852cef803130293eb965a766bda57.jpg)
JdN’s are an often overlooked gem!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 09:57:21 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
I was herfing with Charlie at an outdoor patio that didn't have TV. I followed on my phone once in a while but that game ended before it started. No biggie, there are a couple of more games to the series.
I don't get to see the games anymore, since Sling dropped my local Fox Sports channel. But I saw a post about the HRs on FB and checked on it through the MLB app. Good to see the bats come alive every now and then. Wish they could've saved a few for the next one, though. :D
I watched until the 5th inning then I went for a bike ride. That is what happens when you don't have a fifth starter. It backfired in the 1st inning and now your essentially playing mop up to save the bullpen. It was painful and I hope tonight is different. It was like shooting a load before her underwear came off.
An analogy I'm thankful I can't relate to. Morning, Rick.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 09:58:15 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
And now we're supposed to believe that you're going to retire at some point?!?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 10:00:24 AM
Hey Tony and Rick - how's about them Yankees last night? ;)
We'll see who's still standing in October. If you get there
Good morning, Rick. Saw you smoked that V19. I had one in my hand yesterday but didn't pull the trigger. I wish I had seen your post earlier while I was still at the shop. Oh well, next time.
I got them when I saw Ricky Rodriguez. The session is good too.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 10:04:38 AM
[...]
Good morning Dave. I actually like the Indians but not until the Yankees are eliminated from contention. Tito is one of the best of the best.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 10:06:47 AM
[...]
They're in a pretty good spot now with 45 or so games to go. Interesting to see how it plays out down the stretch.

EDIT: Make that 40 games to go.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 10:07:22 AM
[...]
Yeah yeah, I definitely can't relate either. What he said.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 10:08:39 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
And now we're supposed to believe that you're going to retire at some point?!?
Shhhhh. You and I both know I plan to die before that happens.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 10:17:30 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
I have a better chance of being President than you do at retiring. 😂
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 10:18:22 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
I have a better chance of being President than you do at retiring. 😂
3 years ago, that would've been true.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 10:19:08 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
And now we're supposed to believe that you're going to retire at some point?!?
Shhhhh. You and I both know I plan to die before that happens.
Ok, I thought maybe the whole banter had gone crazy there for a few minutes.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 10:21:46 AM
alot of road closures being reported due to flooding.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 10:23:35 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
I have a better chance of being President than you do at retiring. 😂
3 years ago, that would've been true.
actually if I ran I'd have a better chance than any Democrat and could give Donald a run for his money.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 10:31:47 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
I have a better chance of being President than you do at retiring. 😂
3 years ago, that would've been true.
actually if I ran I'd have a better chance than any Democrat and could give Donald a run for his money.
Ok, now you're starting to sound a bit Drumpf-ish. ;)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 10:41:42 AM
Had an apparent newbie drop in yesterday evening.  wasn't quite sure of what to make of the banter.
my type of guy, smokes cheap cigars.
Yea, I don't know that we would have much in common...
and he's old. probably won't live long enough to see banter.com 3.0
I don't think I'LL live long enough that that.
The new revisions will be coming fast and furiously once I retire.
I have a better chance of being President than you do at retiring. 😂
3 years ago, that would've been true.
actually if I ran I'd have a better chance than any Democrat and could give Donald a run for his money.
Ok, now you're starting to sound a bit Drumpf-ish. ;)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 11:18:01 AM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 11:22:59 AM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 11:33:35 AM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
That sandwich has got a lot going on.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 11:38:24 AM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
That sandwich has got a lot going on.
I'm off my diet so I wanted to order a non-salad. The sandwich sounded enticing. I'm using a service called MealPal and I'm always looking for new stuff.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 11:54:32 AM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 12:01:59 PM
Florida today.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 12:46:29 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
Sounds delicious, DagwoodTony.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 12:46:38 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
CNS
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 12:48:26 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
A nap is imminent 😴
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 01:16:58 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 01:18:38 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 01:32:16 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
That sandwich has got a lot going on.
I'm off my diet so I wanted to order a non-salad. The sandwich sounded enticing. I'm using a service called MealPal and I'm always looking for new stuff.
I hope your not looking on Tinder
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 01:40:07 PM
Florida today.
Keep it there please. I have a tee time for morning
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 01:43:01 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
That sandwich has got a lot going on.
I'm off my diet so I wanted to order a non-salad. The sandwich sounded enticing. I'm using a service called MealPal and I'm always looking for new stuff.
I hope your not looking on Tinder
Ouch.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 01:59:52 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
That sandwich has got a lot going on.
I'm off my diet so I wanted to order a non-salad. The sandwich sounded enticing. I'm using a service called MealPal and I'm always looking for new stuff.
I hope your not looking on Tinder
Ouch.
Just kidding T. Have a good afternoon

Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 02:23:37 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for 🔥

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 16, 2019, 02:24:17 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 02:57:11 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
Actually Rick, the "ouch" was meant for this post.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 02:57:27 PM
Hazzuh!
Bye Dave.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 02:59:46 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:02:36 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:07:25 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:08:13 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 03:15:47 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
Can't wait for the two Daves to answer this one.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:23:38 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:23:56 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie
It's a new cigar.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:24:51 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat😀

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
Technically the govt paid for the good watch

Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:26:21 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?
the Assistant Engineer.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:26:46 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
That's a nice send-off.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 03:27:28 PM
Little brown box with some NJSCDave recommended sticks arrived today.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/76728460cc5b452bcf2b256b9e0ff998.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:28:53 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
That's a nice send-off.
Yes it was
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:29:49 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:32:52 PM
still raining.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:33:42 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?
the Assistant Engineer.
We have a guy retiring next week. He put in 32 years with the UN. He gets jack shit from the organization. The "friends" are expected to chip in to throw him a party/luncheon and buy him a gift. His current boss kicked us off by personally contributing $100. Someone decided to have a plaque made with the organization's logo and give it to him as his gift. So now it looks like the they paid for it. I'm calling bullshit. Especially since it costs $160 and it will be the first thing he discards when he's a couple of pounds over on his suitcase (He's going back to his home country).
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:34:21 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?
the Assistant Engineer.
Personally? Or he was able to expense it?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:34:24 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
While I am not an old fart I know some and here is an example.

The govt gave me a shitty $50 watch with their name on it for 20 years service.

My office had a nice luncheon for me and included  some of the TxDOT folks I worked with

My office “Team” gave me a $100 Bass Pro Shop gift card

And most of all my boss and the big boss finagled me an extra performance bonus for the year designated to buy myself a $3000 watch with.

Gave myself a fishing boat

Employees paid for lunch & team gift
Govt paid for shitty watch
That's a nice send-off.
Yes it was
Oh yeah, my boss lady and the big boss gave me the TX State Flag that flew over the State Capital on the day of my retirement and the State of TX gave me a Thank You for my service to the State certificate also certifying the authenticity of the Flag.  A very nice gift and the only one ever given in my office so quite special.  It is folded in a display frame hanging on my wall.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:36:20 PM
[...]
I had about 20 various award plaques in my office when I retired and I shitcanned every one of them!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:40:30 PM
[...]
And now since the contributions are low and the plaque already cost so much, they're talking about making it a brown bag - byo lunch - situation. I think he might appreciate a kick in the nuts more. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 03:41:43 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:42:10 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:43:16 PM
[...]
Yeah, that’s pretty pathetic
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 03:43:24 PM
[...]
Sheesh is right. Why the show of ingratitude?  Is the guy from Israel?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 03:46:20 PM
Wardens company used to throw lavish cocktail and dinner parties with very nice company paid for gifts but when the Socialist Norwegians took it over they cut all that shit out so she got a few nice things paid for by people she worked with and a moderate company paid luncheon.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:47:53 PM
[...]
If you're really looking deep for a silver lining here,  at least they're taking this fiscal responsibility thing very seriously. I'm told they did a similar thing when the director (CEO) retired. Of course, people actually contributed to that one.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 03:51:09 PM
[...]
I have seen that sentiment, it's no joke. But in this case he's Philippine Filipino.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:55:50 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
I put in 30 years with NYSDOT, worked all over the state, knew thousands of guys, had a crew of 20+ of my own at 3 different locations for years. my retirement consisted of lunch with my Engineer, Assistant Engineer, a co-supervisor, and our purchasing agent. that was 2009, I have not been back since.
Who paid for the lunch?
the Assistant Engineer.
Personally? Or he was able to expense it?
probably a NYSDOT credit card.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:57:21 PM
[...]
same here.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:58:24 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
first retiree will probably get a new house.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 03:59:50 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
being a nut bus driver was good training for living in this area of Florida. 😂
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 04:12:53 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
first retiree will probably get a new house.
F'k no, HR says there's not much incentive to spend big on them when they're heading out the door.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 04:16:24 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
And it's been a while since we've heard about naked housekeepers, deadbeat boyfriends, or gazebo restraining orders.  Dean needs to step up his game.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 04:21:18 PM
GoTF going in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/19944379d70eb974146db7f6a20c3b7a.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 04:37:41 PM
GoTF going in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/19944379d70eb974146db7f6a20c3b7a.jpg)
Getting ready to split and light something up myself...
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 05:03:05 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
Damn I miss those morning nut-bus stories every morning
And it's been a while since we've heard about naked housekeepers, deadbeat boyfriends, or gazebo restraining orders.  Dean needs to step up his game.
been laying low, even womanless now.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 05:07:57 PM
I like dull and boring.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:10:59 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
or also with you.. what, are we at mass?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:12:42 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 05:15:04 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
He didn't say be "with" you.
or also with you.. what, are we at mass?
It's, 'and with your spirit' now.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 05:15:39 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.
How'd PT go?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:16:15 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
Um..  they laid me off.  But it was a cheap ass company anyway. They did nothing for celebrating retirements, anniversaries, nothing.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:17:04 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.
How'd PT go?
She wants to hurt me. I like her!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:20:06 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
So maybe HR is not so bad after all.   ;)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:21:14 PM
Ok, I have a question for the old farts on here... What did your companies do for you as far as retirement parties / gifts? How about your colleagues / friends?
Um..  they laid me off.  But it was a cheap ass company anyway. They did nothing for celebrating retirements, anniversaries, nothing.
Just as you described, people chipped in themselves for gifts and paid their own dinner.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
File this under the let. No good deed go unpunished. Took my dad to the liquor store to stock up...broke a gallon bottle of red wine in the back of my new car.... :-\
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 05:48:31 PM
my neighbors out back.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 05:53:20 PM
wow, almost lunch time. think I'll fix a few burritos.
I'm just trying to get off my current conference call so that I can go pick up my steak, black bean, guac, lettuce, tomato, queso, and jalapeño sandwich.
for a moment I wanted to be you Tony.
I think we've ALL had those feelings before.
Wanting to be Tony?  No, I dont believe I e ver have.
How'd PT go?
She wants to hurt me. I like her!
Sounds like love.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 16, 2019, 06:07:34 PM
File this under the let. No good deed go unpunished. Took my dad to the liquor store to stock up...broke a gallon bottle of red wine in the back of my new car.... :-\
Oh man, that hurts!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 06:09:16 PM
GoTF going in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/19944379d70eb974146db7f6a20c3b7a.jpg)
Getting ready to split and light something up myself...
Charlie gave me this bundle cigar yesterday. I generally don't like PDRs but I promised I'd try it and be objective. Well I have to say I'm very surprised. Without a band, I would swear it was a Drew Estate stick. Especially with the amount of smoke production. Sure it could use a bit of downtime but the flavors are very good. I think he paid $1 apiece. Definitely worth at least that.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/532e4b8a9a2a4e493715adcb13d9d104.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/1be9b80f500add061ffc026df1362939.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/50c03191448759b154266aa99b04eb7b.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 16, 2019, 06:26:20 PM
my neighbors out back.
Are they nekkid?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 06:52:03 PM
my neighbors out back.
Are they nekkid?
flooded.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 07:09:33 PM
my neighbors out back.
Are they nekkid?
flooded.
You've got a nice pool there, Deano.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 07:12:47 PM
my neighbors out back.
Are they nekkid?
flooded.
You've got a nice pool there, Deano.
people on the street behind me blame the development I live in on their flooding problem. thing is, those houses were built about 5 years later than where I am.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 07:15:50 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie
It's a new cigar.
I honestly was expecting more. I did not find it a WoW cigar. I'll take an Espinosa creme over it anyway and I paid upwards 10bucks
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 07:23:20 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie
It's a new cigar.
I honestly was expecting more. I did not find it a WoW cigar. I'll take an Espinosa creme over it anyway and I paid upwards 10bucks
That's about what I paid for it too. I really enjoyed it but it could have had something to do with my mood. I was eating a delicious medium rare prime rib and drinking a tasty cabernet while smoking it.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 07:30:51 PM
when I worked parttime as the nut bus driver and quit when my marriage ended and heading for Florida I had separate parties from Mental Health, Addictions, Public Health, and the County Board gave me a certificate and hand shake.
We celebrate work anniversaries here at 5 year intervals.  The employee gets a nice surprise gift at our quarterly luncheon. We have a guy this month celebrating his 15th year.  He's a big gun guy so the company bought him a $1300 rifle he's been coveting.  Have never had anyone retire from here yet so no idea how that will go.
Are you hiring?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 07:41:11 PM
Joys De Nicaragua Antanño Dark Corojo Ready for

Thanks to the Mayor for reminding me of this selection.
Always a solid stick. And if I wasn't clear, the connie is also a winner.
I have never had a JDN Connie
It's a new cigar.
I honestly was expecting more. I did not find it a WoW cigar. I'll take an Espinosa creme over it anyway and I paid upwards 10bucks
That's about what I paid for it too. I really enjoyed it but it could have had something to do with my mood. I was eating a delicious medium rare prime rib and drinking a tasty cabernet while smoking it.
Advertised as a full bodied Connecticut I  did not find it having anything special going on just kinda boring but maybe it was just me. I don't like the undercrown shade but love the undercrown Maduro so take it as you will
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 07:43:33 PM
Might do a new world maduro gordo. Flathead 660, or undercrown Maduro? Going humidor diving
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 16, 2019, 07:44:57 PM
Bristol might be fun tonight.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 07:59:34 PM
Might do a new world maduro gordo. Flathead 660, or undercrown Maduro? Going humidor diving
Undercrown Maduro with colibri V cut(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/f1edac7f2f6f5fb2f15a8e891830e91b.jpg)
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 08:05:26 PM
Might do a new world maduro gordo. Flathead 660, or undercrown Maduro? Going humidor diving
Undercrown Maduro with colibri V cut(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/f1edac7f2f6f5fb2f15a8e891830e91b.jpg)
Looks like Pac-Man at the end of your cigar.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 08:39:53 PM
Colibri has a deep V, no punn! Where as the xikar is not as deep. I like the colibri. Especially on a Solomon or some torps
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 16, 2019, 08:43:16 PM
Colibri has a deep V, no punn! Where as the xikar is not as deep. I like the colibri. Especially on a Solomon or some torps
That's what I used on all 3 sticks yesterday. I really like the Colibrí. I need to buy one. I have the Xikar and it's just meh.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 09:41:32 PM
T.....we left too many runner's in scoring position. Can Chapman do it?
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 16, 2019, 09:51:16 PM
T.....we left too many runner's in scoring position. Can Chapman do it?
Hey Cleveland. We have some pitchers too!
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 09:56:00 PM
Holy crap, 12 pages so far today.  Nice going, boyz.
Title: Re: 8/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 16, 2019, 10:12:34 PM
Well hell, Peter Fonda dead at 79 yrs old.  Lung cancer.