CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 29, 2018, 12:00:25 AM

Title: 10/29/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on October 29, 2018, 12:00:25 AM
Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 05:09:14 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 06:00:47 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
Yup, Mondays.  Morning Dave.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 06:01:01 AM
Airport time.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 06:04:24 AM
Airport time.
Safe travels.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 06:05:12 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
Good morning, Dave.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 06:28:18 AM
Airport time.
Where to this week?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:09:03 AM
Airport time.
Where to this week?
In yesterday's banter he mentioned Denver.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:09:36 AM
Airport time.
Where to this week?
Denver.  Try to keep up.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:11:18 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
I'm tempted to ask what the fitness center being closed has to do with you working OT, but your industry is inscrutable enough as is.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
Good morning f'kers, it's Monday, GFY.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:16:07 AM
Good morning f'kers, it's Monday, GFY.
Well you woke up raring to go. Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:17:02 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
I'm tempted to ask what the fitness center being closed has to do with you working OT, but your industry is inscrutable enough as is.
But I will admit that I pondered the same for a very short while.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:21:38 AM
Good morning f'kers, it's Monday, GFY.
Well you woke up raring to go. Good morning, Mark.
Yeah, I feel like I'm running a f'kn day care here this morning.  (Dang, I'm starting to sound like raz).
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 07:21:39 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
I'm tempted to ask what the fitness center being closed has to do with you working OT, but your industry is inscrutable enough as is.
But I will admit that I pondered the same for a very short while.
Couldn't hit the gym, so I worked OT instead, since I was already here an hour early.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 07:22:05 AM
Tony - first rate job on the costumes, by the way.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:22:44 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
I'm tempted to ask what the fitness center being closed has to do with you working OT, but your industry is inscrutable enough as is.
But I will admit that I pondered the same for a very short while.
Couldn't hit the gym, so I worked OT instead, since I was already here an hour early.
You exercise?  Who knew.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 07:31:19 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
I'm tempted to ask what the fitness center being closed has to do with you working OT, but your industry is inscrutable enough as is.
But I will admit that I pondered the same for a very short while.
Couldn't hit the gym, so I worked OT instead, since I was already here an hour early.
You exercise?  Who knew.
Started a few weeks ago.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:32:48 AM
Tony - first rate job on the costumes, by the way.
Thank you. I had to touch them up last night. Need them to dry well before Wednesday.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:33:04 AM
Fitness center was closed over the weekend while they did some work on the building, was supposed to open back up to 11:30 last night. Naturally, it didn't. So I guess I'm putting in some early OT this morning. It's Monday, alright.
I'm tempted to ask what the fitness center being closed has to do with you working OT, but your industry is inscrutable enough as is.
But I will admit that I pondered the same for a very short while.
Couldn't hit the gym, so I worked OT instead, since I was already here an hour early.
You exercise?  Who knew.
Started a few weeks ago.
Good for you, and good luck keeping it up (TWSS).
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:34:32 AM
Tony - first rate job on the costumes, by the way.
Thank you. I had to touch them up last night. Need them to dry well before Wednesday.
Just curious, do your kids get the "participation" sarcasm?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:34:54 AM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:36:15 AM
Tony - first rate job on the costumes, by the way.
Thank you. I had to touch them up last night. Need them to dry well before Wednesday.
Just curious, do your kids get the "participation" sarcasm?
I hope so. But it wouldn't surprise me if I was being ignored during my many rants.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 07:39:25 AM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
1-5 Knicks vs 2-4 Nets?  Considering the paint drying won't cost you $50 in parking and refreshments, tough call.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 07:43:13 AM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
1-5 Knicks vs 2-4 Nets?  Considering the paint drying won't cost you $50 in parking and refreshments, tough call.
I would actually walk to Madison Square Garden and my buddy is picking up dinner too. Food always complicates matters for me.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 07:56:56 AM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
1-5 Knicks vs 2-4 Nets?  Considering the paint drying won't cost you $50 in parking and refreshments, tough call.
I would actually walk to Madison Square Garden and my buddy is picking up dinner too. Food always complicates matters for me.
Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 08:03:55 AM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
1-5 Knicks vs 2-4 Nets?  Considering the paint drying won't cost you $50 in parking and refreshments, tough call.
I would actually walk to Madison Square Garden and my buddy is picking up dinner too. Food always complicates matters for me.
Sounds like a no brainer to me.
Indeed.  Plus neither the Knicks nor Nets have male cheerleader/dancers.
(https://cdn.capperspicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bet-On-NY-Knicks-NBA-Odds.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 09:07:02 AM
Professional Basketball lull.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 09:30:22 AM
Professional Basketball lull.
Are they decent seats?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 09:35:47 AM
Professional Basketball lull.
Are they decent seats?
I have no idea. Did I mention there would be dinner first? I'm sure the evening will still cost a pretty penny because of expensive MSG beers but it beats spending time with the warden. It is a no-brainer.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 09:47:29 AM
Professional Basketball lull.
Are they decent seats?
I have no idea. Did I mention there would be dinner first? I'm sure the evening will still cost a pretty penny because of expensive MSG beers but it beats spending time with the warden. It is a no-brainer.
Like I said...
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2018, 09:54:12 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 10:09:48 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:23:27 AM
good morning all and Happy Monday. working on an archives presentation for our Gratitude Dinner Saturday, and compiling history dates for our AA Tree Grows in District 28.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 10:27:14 AM
good morning all and Happy Monday. working on an archives presentation for our Gratitude Dinner Saturday, and compiling history dates for our AA Tree Grows in District 28.
Happy DeanDay!
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:28:50 AM
good morning all and Happy Monday. working on an archives presentation for our Gratitude Dinner Saturday, and compiling history dates for our AA Tree Grows in District 28.
Happy DeanDay!
I💕Mondays.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:34:52 AM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — The Wise Man Maduro Lancero (Box of 10, $151.95)
Cigars.com — Free La Aurora Five-Pack With Purchase
Corona Cigar Co. — Warped Special Six Sampler (Sampler of Six, $73.50)
Famous Smoke Shop — Las Calaveras Edición Limitada 2017 LC52 (Box of 24 + Five-Pack, $211.95)
JR Cigar — Montecristo Nicaragua No.2 (Box of 20, $228.60)
Lighter USA — Ronson Jetlite Select ($16.95)
Serious Cigars — Perdomo Champagne Sun Grown Churchill (Box of 25, $159.35)
Thompson Cigar — NUb Maduro 460 (Box of 12, $49.95)
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:35:33 AM
https://halfwheel.com/fratello-navetta-inverso-begins-shipping/283745
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2018, 10:35:39 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:36:05 AM
https://halfwheel.com/la-palina-goldie-canonazo-arrives-in-stores/283838
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:36:59 AM
https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-oct-29-2018/283644
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:38:01 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 10:50:05 AM
okay, I can take a hint.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2018, 10:52:16 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 11:24:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 11:28:56 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Yeah, people are no longer using muskets. :D
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2018, 11:43:26 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Eastern Montana is mostly large cattle ranches. The state organized a block management system, which formalizes access to hunt on the ranches and compensates landowners from the license fees paid, especially by nonresidents. You can't drive onto the land and can't camp there. You have to park at the designated areas and walk on, and you do a lot of walking to find the deer. It's not forested, so  no hunting from tree stands. So you walk a lot, and most shots are taken at 200+ yards. And you stay at motels or AirBnB's in the towns.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 11:58:12 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Yeah, people are no longer using muskets. :D
Hahaha
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: razgueado on October 29, 2018, 11:58:53 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Yeah, people are no longer using muskets. :D
Oh, yeah, they are, but that's a separate season. ;-)
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 11:59:43 AM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 12:15:02 PM
[...]

definately not like NY, or Florida.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 12:23:56 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 12:57:39 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 01:04:24 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked gunman had seen the dad carrying a gun?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 01:07:05 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 01:09:18 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 01:27:53 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 01:33:37 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 01:35:58 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
👍
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 01:50:06 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.
Chickens have heads? I never saw one of those at KFC.

Edit: Is that what they're referring to as the dark meat?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 02:03:40 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.
Chickens have heads? I never saw one of those at KFC.

Edit: Is that what they're referring to as the dark meat?
I've heard they don't serve dark meat in the south.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 02:19:23 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.
Chickens have heads? I never saw one of those at KFC.

Edit: Is that what they're referring to as the dark meat?
I've heard they don't serve dark meat in the south.
Ouch.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 02:26:20 PM
Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.
Chickens have heads? I never saw one of those at KFC.

Edit: Is that what they're referring to as the dark meat?
I've heard they don't serve dark meat in the south.
Ouch.
Thank you, I'll be here all week! Make sure you try the mushroom and swiss burgers.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on October 29, 2018, 02:26:31 PM
Actually, no I won't, cause hazzuh!
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 02:29:39 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
Best case is how it worked out, other than the citizen and his kid being injured. Unless there's more to this story, the guy deserves a medal.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 02:31:03 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
If there had been an armed worshiper at the synagogue in PA we might have a few less dead/injured innocents.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 02:48:07 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
If there had been an armed worshiper at the synagogue in PA we might have a few less dead/injured innocents.
Indeed, going to have a new volunteer position at Churches and synagogues...armed guard/sniper.   Maybe the K of C will hold weekly target practice?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 02:51:42 PM
Arrived in Denver. Getting lunch before heading out to hotel and a cigar.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
or have a cigar...
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 02:58:15 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
Best case is how it worked out, other than the citizen and his kid being injured. Unless there's more to this story, the guy deserves a medal.
I thought something similar but then I realized I didn't know the whole story. There's a possibility that there were extenuating circumstances... Like the fry cook was given it to his wife. Who knows?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 03:00:17 PM
Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
or have a cigar...
Might now be able to squeeze one in before the game. Win/win... except for the Knicks.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 03:05:46 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
Best case is how it worked out, other than the citizen and his kid being injured. Unless there's more to this story, the guy deserves a medal.
I thought something similar but then I realized I didn't know the whole story. There's a possibility that there were extenuating circumstances... Like the fry cook was given it to his wife. Who knows?
Something like that probably going on as it seems the assailant was lurking outside the locked store until they let a customer out, who in this case was armed and prevented whatever killing he had in mind.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 03:11:44 PM
CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
If there had been an armed worshiper at the synagogue in PA we might have a few less dead/injured innocents.
Indeed, going to have a new volunteer position st Churches and synagogues...armed guard/sniper.   Maybe the zk of C will hold weekly target practice?
That would certainly help K of C recruiting efforts!
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on October 29, 2018, 03:30:09 PM
‘He’s my hero’: Masked gunman blazed into McDonald’s - but had to face a protective dad
BY SCOTT BERSON

SBERSON@MCCLATCHY.COM

October 29, 2018 08:03 AM

An ordinary night at a Birmingham, Ala., McDonald’s erupted in chaos and tragedy after a masked gunman stormed the restaurant and began shooting Saturday, WIAT reported.

But a father, who was in the restaurant with his two sons waiting to be let outside, pulled out his own gun and returned fire, according to the station.

“Wrapping my head around it all, I was just wishing someone would come wake me up from this nightmare,” said Markus Washington, an employee who barricaded himself in the restaurant’s freezer, WBRC reported. “I was making two quarter-pounders and heard three shots ring, and then exchange of gunfire two more..”

The gunfire began shortly before 10:45 that night as an employee was unlocking the door to let the man and his sons out of the restaurant, which was closing, AL.com reported.

When a masked man burst into the restaurant and began shooting, the dad pulled out his own weapon, and a hail of gunfire washed over the restaurant. When it was over, the dad, the gunman and one of the two sons had been shot, according to WIAT.

Police arrived and took the three injured people to the hospital, where the gunman later died, WVTM reported. The father and son did not have life threatening injuries, according to the station.

“It’s truly sad, but it’s something as a community we can overcome,’‘ Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Bryan Shelton said, according to AL.com. “We just have to work together to find a solution to our issues without resorting to violence. Right now it appears the victim made a decision that cost his life and the father made a decision that preserved his and children’s’ life.”

The employee who hid in the restaurant freezer called the father his “hero,” WBRC reported.

“Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed,” he said, according to the station. “We might not be here having this interview.”

Police said they were not sure if the man was attempting to rob the McDonald’s or if he was targeting someone, WIAT reported. Police don’t expect the father to face charges.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 04:13:25 PM
[...]

Then I can wear the neat hat and carry a sword too !
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 04:22:12 PM

[...]

Are you thinking the a Swiss Guard?
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 04:59:04 PM
[...]

Except I think you have to be at least 75 yrs old to do both.   :D
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 05:04:16 PM

[...]

Dang, Tony, at this rate you'll never get to look like this.  The Swiss Guard are younger but also distinctly silly looking.
(https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQA6C8tqODSimOtYyCd9Dbxnl9NyRBGn1Rfb_NNa0IiEH_Su6Cw)
(https://media.cntraveler.com/photos/5a9337b4d363c34048b35c0c/4:5/w_767,c_limit/See-the-Swiss-Guards-_Getty_2018_GettyImages-821800896.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 06:18:28 PM
Special outfit lull.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 09:56:10 PM
Special outfit lull.
It's Halloween, after all.  Sheesh.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 09:56:11 PM

[...]

Come on Tony, I know my K of C. May have fashioned it after Swiss guard however. I would attach a picture but on my phone...you can do it.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 09:58:01 PM

[...]

Thanks for that Bean.  Dont know where Tony's head is at.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 29, 2018, 10:08:36 PM
Tried posting a picture of a real nice Old Fashioned....but this site couldn't handle it. Woodford Reserve, Alpine Liquor, three different bitters and a gorgeous clear ice inch and a half square ice cube. Think I'll have another.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 29, 2018, 10:31:31 PM
Tried posting a picture of a real nice Old Fashioned....but this site couldn't handle it. Woodford Reserve, Alpine Liquor, three different bitters and a gorgeous clear ice inch and a half square ice cube. Think I'll have another.
Blame it on the site but my money is on the poster.
Title: Re: 10/29/2018
Post by: Threebean on October 29, 2018, 10:31:40 PM
Tried posting a picture of a real nice Old Fashioned....but this site couldn't handle it. Woodford Reserve, Alpine Liquor, three different bitters and a gorgeous clear ice inch and a half square ice cube. Think I'll have another.
Fancy drink, RockyMountainHighDave.  Enjoy!