CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on August 22, 2019, 12:00:03 AM

Title: 8/22/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on August 22, 2019, 12:00:03 AM
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 04:32:42 AM
good guy wins.

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said around 6:50 p.m. a shootout took place following a domestic violence situation between two people in a home in Trinity.

Due to Marsy's Law, the names of those involved were not released to the public and addressed only as Victim 1, Victim 2 and suspect.

As Victim1 was inside the home was screaming for help, they were placing multiple elementary school children out of a second-floor window while a Victim 2 who was mowing their lawn helped bring the children to safety.

Sheriff Nocco said the Victim 2 took the children to safety. As the suspect came out of his home and pointed a gun at Victim 2 assisting the children.

Victim 2 attempted to diffuse the situation as the suspect pulled out his gun and fired at Victim 2. Victim 2, fired back at the suspect killing him at the scene.

"All indications here... victim 2 is a hero," Sheriff Nocco said.

All involved parties are accounted for and there is no threat to the public. No names will be released due to Marsy's Law.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 04:33:04 AM
good morning.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 05:06:33 AM
Good morning, Deano.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 05:10:34 AM
Morning Jammers!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 05:11:04 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 05:11:11 AM
Morning Jammers!
Good morning, SCDave.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 05:12:49 AM
At the Sister this morning

Room101 FARCE. Connecticut Robusto
$21.50 for a Pack of 5 FS

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/daily-cigar-deal/
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 05:13:07 AM
Morning Jammers!
Good morning, SCDave.
Morning Mayor T
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 05:16:43 AM
Good morning, Deano.
good morning Tony.
get your Tapaflap working?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 05:17:06 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
cats were hungry.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 05:26:46 AM
Good morning, Deano.
good morning Tony.
get your Tapaflap working?
Yep, for now.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 05:28:09 AM
[...]

I have to know, did you cut and paste this from a news site or are you recounting?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 05:42:47 AM
[...]

news. you want the link?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfla.com/news/pasco-county/shooting-investigation-involving-neighbors-underway-in-trinity/amp/
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 05:55:23 AM
[...]

LALTS
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 05:55:41 AM
Happy jammin' office Friday!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 06:07:40 AM
Happy jammin' office Friday!
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 06:09:00 AM

[...]

I'm glad to hear that. Marsy's Law must have something to do with proper grammar not being allowed in Pasco County.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 06:10:56 AM
Happy jammin' office Friday!
Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 06:10:58 AM

[...]

Mayor obviously needs something worthwhile to worry about🙄
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 06:13:32 AM

[...]

https://www.wlrn.org/post/what-does-marsys-law-amendment-6-mean-florida
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 06:15:00 AM

[...]

I'll admit that my reading comprehension is lacking this time of the morning but holy shit, I had to read that 8 times to figure out what the heck was going on.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 06:17:07 AM
I'm surprised that as rampant as domestic violence is here in Florida, it seems to me that one can get away with beating a partner, but if you kill the attacker it's more okay.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 06:21:43 AM

[...]

If you ever saw Pasco County on Live PD, you wouldn't be surprised.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 06:21:48 AM

[...]

As I try to explain to the Warden, “life is too short to worry about shit that don’t matter”.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 06:24:18 AM

[...]

Doesn't matter!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 06:46:33 AM

[...]

Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 06:51:24 AM

[...]

Hahaha
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 06:53:15 AM
Shirtless man carrying topless, life-sized woman doll freaks out neighborhood.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/21/shirtless-man-carrying-topless-life-sized-woman-doll-freaks-out-neighborhood/
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 07:03:40 AM
Shirtless man carrying topless, life-sized woman doll freaks out neighborhood.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/21/shirtless-man-carrying-topless-life-sized-woman-doll-freaks-out-neighborhood/
The New York Post is a much better news source.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:24:21 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
Used to be a regular occurrence...
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:25:52 AM
At the Sister this morning

Room101 FARCE. Connecticut Robusto
$21.50 for a Pack of 5 FS

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/daily-cigar-deal/
You know I like me my Room 101's, but I really can't recommend that one.  Put it in the just another connie file.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:26:52 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
cats were hungry.
Can't you put out food for them the night before?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 07:28:22 AM
At the Sister this morning

Room101 FARCE. Connecticut Robusto
$21.50 for a Pack of 5 FS

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/daily-cigar-deal/
You know I like me my Room 101's, but I really can't recommend that one.  Put it in the just another connie file.
🚩
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 07:29:11 AM
Morning UpStateDave
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 07:30:01 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
Used to be a regular occurrence...
Good morning, NJDave.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 07:31:29 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
Used to be a regular occurrence...
Those were the good ole days when Dean’O provided regular entertainment
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:34:58 AM
Morning TugMasterDave, TugAffectionatoTony, FreeAndEasyDean, FloDave.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 07:39:06 AM
cooking.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:39:36 AM
Today is Thursday, Aug. 22, the 234th day of 2019. There are 131 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
On August 22, 1851, the schooner America outraced more than a dozen British vessels off the English coast to win a trophy that came to be known as the America's Cup.

On this date:
In 1787, inventor John Fitch demonstrated his steamboat on the Delaware River to delegates from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia.
In 1910, Japan annexed Korea, which remained under Japanese control until the end of World War II.
In 1932, the British Broadcasting Corp. conducted its first experimental television broadcast, using a 30-line mechanical system.
In 1956, President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Vice President Richard Nixon were nominated for second terms in office by the Republican National Convention in San Francisco.
In 1972, President Richard Nixon was nominated for a second term of office by the Republican National Convention in Miami Beach.
In 1978, President Jomo Kenyatta, a leading figure in Kenya's struggle for independence, died; Vice President Daniel arap Moi was sworn in as acting president.
In 1986, Kerr-McGee Corp. agreed to pay the estate of the late Karen Silkwood $1.38 million, settling a 10-year-old nuclear contamination lawsuit. The Rob Reiner coming-of-age film "Stand By Me" was put into wide release by Columbia Pictures.
In 1989, Black Panthers co-founder Huey P. Newton was shot to death in Oakland, California. (Gunman Tyrone Robinson was later sentenced to 32 years to life in prison.)
In 1992, on the second day of the Ruby Ridge siege in Idaho, an FBI sharpshooter killed Vicki Weaver, the wife of white separatist Randy Weaver (the sharpshooter later said he was targeting the couple's friend Kevin Harris, and didn't see Vicki Weaver).
In 1996, President Bill Clinton signed welfare legislation ending guaranteed cash payments to the poor and demanding work from recipients.
In 2003, Alabama's chief justice, Roy Moore, was suspended for his refusal to obey a federal court order to remove his Ten Commandments monument from the rotunda of his courthouse. Texas Gov. Rick Perry pardoned 35 people arrested in the 1999 Tulia drug busts and convicted on the testimony of a lone undercover agent. (The agent, Tom Coleman, was later found guilty of aggravated perjury and sentenced to 10 years' probation.)
In 2004, as shocked spectators watched, armed thieves stole one of four versions of the Edvard Munch masterpiece "The Scream" and a second Munch painting, "Madonna," from the Munch museum in Oslo, Norway. (The paintings, visibly damaged, were recovered in Aug. 2006; three men were convicted in connection with the theft and sentenced to prison.)
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:40:20 AM
Ten years ago: Dozens of wildfires broke out across Greece, torching olive groves, cutting off villages and sending residents fleeing as one of the largest blazes swept perilously close to the capital's northern suburbs.

Five years ago: Tensions between Russia and Ukraine escalated sharply as Moscow sent more than 130 trucks rolling across the border in what it said was a mission to deliver humanitarian aid. The United Nations reported the death toll from three years of Syria's civil war had risen to more than 191,000 people. Gunmen attacked a Sunni mosque in Iraq during Friday prayers and killed at least 64 people.

One year ago: The bull market in U.S. stocks became the longest one on record; it had been 3,453 days since the S&P 500 index had seen a drop of 20 percent or more. Ohio State suspended football coach Urban Meyer for three games; investigators found that Meyer had protected an assistant coach for years through domestic violence allegations, a drug problem and poor job performance. President Donald Trump accused his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, of making up stories in order to get a deal from federal prosecutors. A Democratic Party official said an attempt to break into the party's massive voter database had been thwarted.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 07:42:16 AM
10 THOUGHTS: CIGARCON 2020, A BAD IDEA, IS CANCELED

And after all that, there will be no consumer day—at least for 2020 and hopefully not for 2021 either.

https://halfwheel.com/cigarcon-2020-a-bad-idea-is-cancelled/365310/
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:44:50 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Broadcast journalist Morton Dean is 84.
Author Annie Proulx is 84.
Baseball Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski is 80.
Actress Valerie Harper is 80.
Pro Football Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells is 78.
Writer-producer David Chase is 74.
CBS newsman Steve Kroft is 74.
Actress Cindy Williams is 72.
Pop musician David Marks is 71.
 International Swimming Hall of Famer Diana Nyad (NY'-ad) is 70.
Baseball Hall of Famer Paul Molitor is 63.
Rock musician Vernon Reid is 61.
Country singer Ricky Lynn Gregg is 60.
Country singer Collin Raye is 59.
Actress Regina Taylor is 59.
Rock singer Roland Orzabal (Tears For Fears) is 58.
Rock musician Debbi Peterson (The Bangles) is 58.
Rock musician Gary Lee Conner (Screaming Trees) is 57.
Singer Tori Amos is 56.
Country singer Mila Mason is 56.
Rhythm-and-blues musician James DeBarge is 56.
International Tennis Hall of Famer Mats Wilander is 55.
Actress Brooke Dillman is 53.
Rapper GZA/The Genius is 53.
Actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is 52.
Actor Ty Burrell is 52.
Celebrity chef Giada DeLaurentiis is 49.
Actress Melinda Page Hamilton is 48.
Actor Rick Yune is 48.
Rock musician Paul Doucette (Matchbox Twenty) is 47.
Rap-reggae singer Beenie Man is 46.
Singer Howie Dorough (Backstreet Boys) is 46.
Comedian-actress Kristen Wiig is 46.
Actress Jenna Leigh Green is 45.
Rock musician Bo Koster is 45.
Rock musician Dean Back (Theory of a Deadman) is 44.
Talk show host James Corden is 41.
Rock musician Jeff Stinco (Simple Plan) is 41.
Actor Brandon Adams is 40.
Actress Aya Sumika is 39.
Actor Ari Stidham is 27.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 07:45:40 AM
Thought for Today: "There are mighty few people who think what they think they think." — Robert Henri, American artist (1865-1929).
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 07:47:27 AM
mmmm, good.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 07:47:55 AM
Morning Dean’O, you are up mighty early
cats were hungry.
Can't you put out food for them the night before?
no.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 07:48:31 AM
Morning TugMasterDave, TugAffectionatoTony, FreeAndEasyDean, FloDave.
morning Dave.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 08:00:31 AM
Thought for Today: "There are mighty few people who think what they think they think." — Robert Henri, American artist (1865-1929).
Yeah. I think.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 08:19:27 AM
mmmm, good.
Where's the toast?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 08:24:39 AM
mmmm, good.
Where's the toast?
didn't want any, or potatoes.
but it was good.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 08:31:48 AM
redheads are overrated.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 08:38:03 AM
mmmm, good.
Where's the toast?
didn't want any, or potatoes.
but it was good.
UpStateDave forgets that when we cook we cook what we want and don’t give a fuk what he wants.😂
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 08:44:57 AM
mmmm, good.
Where's the toast?
didn't want any, or potatoes.
but it was good.
UpStateDave forgets that when we cook we cook what we want and don’t give a fuk what he wants.😂
indeed
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 08:46:08 AM

Today is Thursday, Aug. 22, the 234th day of 2019. There are 131 days left in the year.

On this date:
In 1787, inventor John Fitch demonstrated his steamboat on the Delaware River to delegates from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia...

Steamboats are cool too.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 08:50:33 AM

Today is Thursday, Aug. 22, the 234th day of 2019. There are 131 days left in the year.

On this date:
In 1787, inventor John Fitch demonstrated his steamboat on the Delaware River to delegates from the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia...

Steamboats are cool too.
Very True but I have not seen one come by recently
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 08:53:03 AM
Unwanted Activity!

Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 08:54:05 AM
redheads are overrated.
You're learning.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 08:55:07 AM
mmmm, good.
Where's the toast?
didn't want any, or potatoes.
but it was good.
UpStateDave forgets that when we cook we cook what we want and don’t give a fuk what he wants.😂
Gotta have toast to mop up all that egg goodness!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 08:56:36 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 08:57:24 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 09:02:15 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
Union must've caught wind of the strike talk and are busy "convincing" him to vote the other way.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 09:02:27 AM
WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 09:13:44 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
with school starting he's probably too busy to strike.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 09:17:23 AM
San Francisco board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice-involved person,' sanitizes other crime lingo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-adopts-new-language-for-criminals-turning-convicted-felon-into-justice-involved-person.amp
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 09:18:12 AM
WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.
And you said that I needed something worthwhile to worry about?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 09:30:15 AM
local rant of the day:

although I've only lived in the Nature Coast area for 5 years, the complaints about flooding from heavy rains and hurricanes has been consistant year after year. I too live in an area in the immediate flood plane a few feet above water level and realize that when it comes to drainage, water really has no place to go when the gulf and rivers rise. I hear people with VERY expensive homes closest to the rivers complain of damage and insist that FEMA take care of them because they choose not to pay the high price for flood insurance. I hear them complain about the local towns about the untimely delay to repair bridges, culverts, roads, ditches, water and sewer, etc. and back off when they realize what the tax increase would be. they resist development of the rural area not to become the larger cities south of them yet demand they get the attention and services of those cities. there are no answers that come to mind that would satisfy everyone, or anyone. I love living in the area I do, floods, heat, hurricanes, whatever. I knew what I was getting into when I moved here. so other than complaining about other people complaining, I have nothing to complain about. in fact, I am blessed.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 09:38:55 AM
San Francisco board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice-involved person,' sanitizes other crime lingo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-adopts-new-language-for-criminals-turning-convicted-felon-into-justice-involved-person.amp
Here's a few more for you:

blackwhite- The ability to accept whatever "truth" the party puts out, no matter how absurd it may be. Orwell described it as "...loyal willingness to say black is white when party discipline demands this. It also means the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know black is white, and forget that one has ever believed the contrary."

doublethink - reality control. The power to hold two completely contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accept both of them

joycamp - Forced-labor camp.

goodthinker - One who strongly adheres to all of the principles of Newspeak. (goodthinked, goodthink, goodthinked, goodthinking, goodthinkful, goodthinking, goodthinkful, goodthinkwise, goodthinker )

malreported - When the Times reports a fact which the government later deemed untrue. You see, the government is never “wrong”; the paper merely reports the facts incorrectly.

Newspeak -  Newspeak is "politically correct" speech taken to its maximum extent. Newspeak is based on standard English, but all words describing "unorthodox" political ideas have been removed. In addition, there was an attempt to remove the overall number of words in general, to limit the range of ideas that could be expressed

oldthink - Holding on to old ideas and patterns of thought not consistent with current government policy (Ingsoc). Maintaining a belief that is no longer acceptable, but was normal just a few years prior.

Room 101 - The final punishment for thoughtcriminals in the Ministry of Love. [or some nice cigars]

Thinkpol - ThoughtPolice. Police force in charge of eliminating crimethink. The thought police monitor the public by way of spies (narcs), helicopters, and telescreens.

unperson - Person that has been erased from existence by the government for breaking the law in some way. A unperson is completely erased from history. All records of their existence is removed from record, and all party members are expected to removed them from memory. To mention their name is considered thoughtcrime. This eliminates any possibility of martyrdom.

...thanks George.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 09:46:42 AM
[...]

Probably my favorite book of all time. And lately, it's been moved to the Current Events shelf of the bookstore.  :o
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 09:47:08 AM
[...]

If there's one constant in the world, it's that people like to complain.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 09:48:31 AM
WTF do they dream up chit like this?

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) – A recent study has named Myrtle Beach the second most romantic city in America.

Dating website EliteSingles looked at random, anonymous data from 150,000 singles, focusing on how strongly people agreed with the statement “I bring romance to my relationships.” The more strongly people agreed with the statement, the more romantic they were deemed to be.

Using the average score for romance in each city, the study determined the top 25 cities to find a romantic partner, with Boynton Beach, Fla. taking home the top spot.

According to the study, about half of the top cities are located within ten miles of the sea. More than two-third are within an hour drive of a beach.
And you said that I needed something worthwhile to worry about?
It’s in my local news and where I live so even though it’s stupid it is to some degree relative unlike Pasco County to you.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 09:49:09 AM
[...]

Getting philosophical in your 20K mature state!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on August 22, 2019, 09:49:38 AM
Time for some errands, later.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 09:49:58 AM
Maestro Del Tiempo Ready for 🔥
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 09:53:54 AM
[...]

My community is CigarBanter and it's where I get my news. Therefore, if it's posted here it is my concern. So right back atcha!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 09:57:57 AM
[...]

You are just sore because the bots are kicking your ass.🤪
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 22, 2019, 09:59:06 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 09:59:37 AM
[...]

Nah, just aware of everyone bitchin' all the time. Lol
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 22, 2019, 10:00:28 AM
[...]

Not crazy about the good guy getting the second shot instead of the first, but good work getting it done.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on August 22, 2019, 10:01:04 AM
going to soak in the sun.
cigar lit, coffee poured.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 22, 2019, 10:01:33 AM
[...]

Well, does sound like a Deano scenario.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: razgueado on August 22, 2019, 10:04:36 AM
Thought for Today: "There are mighty few people who think what they think they think." — Robert Henri, American artist (1865-1929).
Yeah. I think.
You got another think comin'.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 10:16:20 AM
going to soak in the sun.
cigar lit, coffee poured.
Could use a little sun to soak in here today. Rainy and on the chilly side. In fact, bit of a cold front coming through the next couple of days, only supposed to get up to the low 70s. 66 here right now.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 10:17:24 AM
going to soak in the sun.
cigar lit, coffee poured.
Could use a little sun to soak in here today. Rainy and on the chilly side. In fact, bit of a cold front coming through the next couple of days, only supposed to get up to the low 70s. 66 here right now.
High of only 71 for golf day Saturday. And it'll be much cooler than that, since we're teeing off just after sunrise.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 10:24:18 AM
Time for the first of 2 meetings today. And nary a donut to be found, I'm guessing.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 22, 2019, 10:49:58 AM
Good morning, Deano.
good morning Tony.
get your Tapaflap working?
Yep, for now.
That's the only way I follow. I'm working for now. Waiting on strike vote.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 22, 2019, 10:53:31 AM
At the Sister this morning

Room101 FARCE. Connecticut Robusto
$21.50 for a Pack of 5 FS

https://www.cigar.com/mobile/daily-cigar-deal/
You know I like me my Room 101's, but I really can't recommend that one.  Put it in the just another connie file.
I trust your assessment. My go to morning Connecticut is the oliva reserva Blanc robusto. At 3 bucks a stick do a box delivered after tax. Can't beat it
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 22, 2019, 10:58:21 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
Union must've caught wind of the strike talk and are busy "convincing" him to vote the other way.
They tried bully tactics and it's ugly but no raise in 7 years says it all when enrollment is up. We want a minimum of 3 year contract and 2 percent each year. Not asking for much
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: bluecollar on August 22, 2019, 11:01:26 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
with school starting he's probably too busy to strike.
That's are Ace in the hole. No engineers they have to shut the place down. Keep you posted.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 11:13:49 AM
[...]

No joke. I deleted a bunch of IDs yesterday that I suspected belonged to bots. I have so much maintenance to do but no time to dedicate. It's been 5 years already. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 11:14:33 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola Raz. How are things?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 11:26:03 AM
Where is the strike threat boiler checker?
I'm curious to know the status too.
with school starting he's probably too busy to strike.
That's are Ace in the hole. No engineers they have to shut the place down. Keep you posted.
Good morning, Rick. And good luck to you.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 11:27:48 AM
Boy, chatty bunch this morning.  Been busy out here, no strike in the forecast.  Good morning, boyz.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 11:30:01 AM
[...]

Is it possible to have a situation where you have to approve them first before they can post?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 11:58:33 AM
Boy, chatty bunch this morning.  Been busy out here, no strike in the forecast.  Good morning, boyz.
Good morning, Mark. Thanks for not screwing up the flip again last night.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 11:59:45 AM
[...]

Very possible. Are you volunteering?
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 12:14:37 PM
Will I never learn? I just cut up a fresh chili to add to my salad. Without first washing my hands, I must have grazed my moustache. My damn left nostril is on now.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 12:15:36 PM
[...]

Autonomy over new people to the banter? Sounds right up my alley.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 12:18:21 PM
Boy, chatty bunch this morning.  Been busy out here, no strike in the forecast.  Good morning, boyz.
Good morning, Mark. Thanks for not screwing up the flip again last night.
I'll give it more effort tonight (TNWSS)
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 12:53:04 PM
And now meeting #2...
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 02:05:27 PM
Glad I didn't miss anything.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on August 22, 2019, 02:15:28 PM
And with that, I say, hazzuh!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on August 22, 2019, 02:58:33 PM

Boy, chatty bunch this morning.  Been busy out here, no strike in the forecast.  Good morning, boyz.
Good morning, Mark. Thanks for not screwing up the flip again last night.
I'll give it more effort tonight (TNWSS)

Sounds more like TNWHS
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 03:04:07 PM
Will I never learn? I just cut up a fresh chili to add to my salad. Without first washing my hands, I must have grazed my moustache. My damn left nostril is on now.
Just be glad you did not scratch your nuts 🥜🥵🥵🥵
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 03:06:18 PM
CyB Ready for 🔥
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 03:16:02 PM
I Actually accomplished some of my housework duties today 👍
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 04:16:17 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 04:26:13 PM
SHEESH!
Indeed.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 04:26:46 PM
Beautiful day here, might have to figure out a smoke later.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 04:26:55 PM
SHEESH!
Indeed.
Afternoon CommieBean
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 04:40:50 PM
Homemade Chicken Pot Pie for dinner, good stuff!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 05:41:15 PM
Another Sheesh!
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 06:04:59 PM
Another Sheesh!
We got to 8 pages already so everyone's slacking.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 06:09:07 PM
Another Sheesh!
We got to 8 pages already so everyone's slacking.
Yeah but we had 7 before noon😂
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 06:38:07 PM
Another Sheesh!
We got to 8 pages already so everyone's slacking.
Yeah but we had 7 before noon😂
That's right.  Daily minimum quota met. So unless the Mayor provides some incentive we'll just pull our puds on the clock. It's in our contract.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on August 22, 2019, 06:45:18 PM
Another Sheesh!
We got to 8 pages already so everyone's slacking.
Yeah but we had 7 before noon😂
That's right.  Daily minimum quota met. So unless the Mayor provides some incentive we'll just pull our puds on the clock. It's in our contract.
We can always go on strike
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 06:50:40 PM
Another Sheesh!
We got to 8 pages already so everyone's slacking.
Yeah but we had 7 before noon😂
That's right.  Daily minimum quota met. So unless the Mayor provides some incentive we'll just pull our puds on the clock. It's in our contract.
We can always go on strike
Yeah, it's obvious management is trying to outsource our work to Russian bots. If only BusinessAgentRick wasn't tied up in another matter right now.
Title: Re: 8/22/2019
Post by: Threebean on August 22, 2019, 10:48:16 PM
On Strike Lull.