CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 08, 2019, 12:00:37 AM

Title: 1/8/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on January 08, 2019, 12:00:37 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 12:37:24 AM
Congrats, NJDave. The beginning of the game was a heck of a lot more exciting than the rest but still a good game to watch.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 08, 2019, 01:48:00 AM
So I got home from work tonight, and my wife handed me the mail and asked, "Who's the Scarpa family?"  I drew a blank.  In my defense, it was a really brutal day at work, so I wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders.  But after a moment of stammering and looking at the envelope, I flipped it and looked at the return address.  New Jersey.  "Oh!" I said.  "That's Tony, the Mayor of the Cigar Banter."

Then I felt all guilty and shit, because I didn't send anyone Christmas cards and here's Tony sending a greeting, who only happens to have my address because a coupla years ago I sent a few bucks for a charity thing for a friend of his.

That was cool, Mr. Mayor.  I quit doing Christmas cards a couple of years ago because nobody seemed to be doing it anymore.  I guess next year I'll have to start doing it again.

Cute kids.  No wonder you feed them alla time. ;-)
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 03:53:07 AM
good morning and Happy GFY Tuesday.
La Palina Classis and coffee here.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 03:56:05 AM
fell asleep around 8pm, got a call from my sister at 9pm, the lady at 9:20pm, a drunk at 1:30am, and fucking cats woke me at 3:15am. definately going to need a nap today.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 04:19:57 AM
https://halfwheel.com/padron-millennium-maduro/289595
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 04:20:26 AM
https://halfwheel.com/ten-questions-for-2019/289555
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 04:20:58 AM
https://halfwheel.com/gto-corona-de-gto-10-anos/289660
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 04:21:45 AM
Deals From Our Sponsors

Atlantic Cigar Co. — MUWAT +11 (Bundle of 10, $35)
Cigar Hustler — RoMa Craft Come And Take It Sampler (Sampler of 12 + T-Shirt, $98.40)
Corona Cigar Co. — M by Macanudo Toro (Box of 20 + 10 Cigars, $143.95)
Famous Smoke Shop — Oliva Sampler (10 Cigars, $39.95)
Gotham Cigars — Griffin’s Toro Maduro (Box of 20, $153.95)
JR Cigars — Churchill Collection (Samper of 20, $44.95)
STOGIES World Class Cigars — Guardian of the Farm Guapo H-Town Lancero (Box of 10, $80.60)
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 08, 2019, 05:20:45 AM
Good morning Dean. I am going to need another cup. Time to watch the highlights and get out the door.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 05:57:57 AM
fell asleep around 8pm, got a call from my sister at 9pm, the lady at 9:20pm, a drunk at 1:30am, and fucking cats woke me at 3:15am. definately going to need a nap today.
Sounds like you've got a party line directly into your place.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 06:01:46 AM
good morning Rick and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 06:02:52 AM
fell asleep around 8pm, got a call from my sister at 9pm, the lady at 9:20pm, a drunk at 1:30am, and fucking cats woke me at 3:15am. definately going to need a nap today.
Sounds like you've got a party line directly into your place.
with my brother in the hospital and not doing well I didn't want to turn the phone off.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 06:04:35 AM
Good morning Dean. I am going to need another cup. Time to watch the highlights and get out the door.
I'm working on hot Italian sausage, home fries, and eggs here. almost a pot of coffee gone already.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 06:50:16 AM
So I got home from work tonight, and my wife handed me the mail and asked, "Who's the Scarpa family?"  I drew a blank.  In my defense, it was a really brutal day at work, so I wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders.  But after a moment of stammering and looking at the envelope, I flipped it and looked at the return address.  New Jersey.  "Oh!" I said.  "That's Tony, the Mayor of the Cigar Banter."

Then I felt all guilty and shit, because I didn't send anyone Christmas cards and here's Tony sending a greeting, who only happens to have my address because a coupla years ago I sent a few bucks for a charity thing for a friend of his.

That was cool, Mr. Mayor.  I quit doing Christmas cards a couple of years ago because nobody seemed to be doing it anymore.  I guess next year I'll have to start doing it again.

Cute kids.  No wonder you feed them alla time. ;-)
Thanks. I knew you'd be able to do the math and figure out where it was from.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 06:51:42 AM
Morning SCDave, Dean, LTG and Rick.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 06:51:59 AM
Good morning Dean, Rick, and OHDave.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 06:53:02 AM
At the airport and draggin' ass, but a happy man!  🐯
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 06:53:32 AM
good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 06:57:40 AM
At the airport and draggin' ass, but a happy man!  🐯
Morning, ChampDave.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 07:07:54 AM
Morning SCDave, Dean, LTG and Rick.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 07:11:11 AM
At the airport and draggin' ass, but a happy man!  🐯
Morning, ChampDave.
🐯😁
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 07:11:48 AM
Morning SCDave, Dean, LTG and Rick.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.
👍
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 08:25:06 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 08, 2019, 08:28:20 AM
Juveniles break into CarMax, wreck $800K worth of vehicles

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Police-Juveniles-break-into-CarMax-wreck-13514622.php
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 08:38:54 AM
Juveniles break into CarMax, wreck $800K worth of vehicles

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Police-Juveniles-break-into-CarMax-wreck-13514622.php
(https://media.giphy.com/media/DpB9NBtq4a3ZuaEvluw/giphy.gif)
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 08:39:12 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 08, 2019, 08:44:46 AM
Sears Holdings Corp. will ask a bankruptcy judge on Tuesday if it can proceed with liquidation after it could not reach an agreement on Chairman Edward Lampert's $4.4 billion takeover bid, casting doubt on the survival of the 126-year-old U.S. department store, people familiar with the matter said.

Should Sears liquidate its assets, it would become perhaps the most high-profile victim in the wave of bankruptcies that have swept the retail sector in the last few years, as the popularity of online shopping exacerbates the fierce price competition facing brick-and-mortar stores.

Sears, which filed for bankruptcy protection last October, may have to close hundreds of stores it is still operating, potentially putting up to 68,000 people out of work, the sources said. Its vast inventories of tools, appliances and store fixtures will be sold in fire sales, the sources added.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 08:49:20 AM
Good morning, SCDave and Fish.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 08, 2019, 08:59:12 AM
Juveniles break into CarMax, wreck $800K worth of vehicles

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Police-Juveniles-break-into-CarMax-wreck-13514622.php
(https://media.giphy.com/media/DpB9NBtq4a3ZuaEvluw/giphy.gif)
Indeed.  Fun game.  Saban and Brian Kelly can share a good cry.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 09:07:29 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 09:33:57 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 09:35:49 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
Hard to go wrong with an AJ stick. I'll have to put them on the CF list to try.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 09:43:26 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
They're actually pretty expensive and so far nobody seems to be selling 5-ers but I can get a box of the short churchills on Famous bid site for $105 shipped
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 09:44:04 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
Hard to go wrong with an AJ stick. I'll have to put them on the CF list to try.
I was impressed as soon as I lit it
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 10:05:44 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
Hard to go wrong with an AJ stick. I'll have to put them on the CF list to try.
I was impressed as soon as I lit it
Sounds yummo, can't wait.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 08, 2019, 10:18:27 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
They're actually pretty expensive and so far nobody seems to be selling 5-ers but I can get a box of the short churchills on Famous bid site for $105 shipped
That's the cheapest I have seen.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 10:21:28 AM
No Belles Artes Maduro, but SBC is offering the following:

Caldwell & Crew!

Starting now enjoy two different specials all day long! The second tier also has a give away with it. You will get one free Caldwell Long Live the King MF (size will be random).

 Special applies to:

 Caldwell
 Room 101
 La Barba

 CODE: TUESDAY = 18% off plus 5% reward points on categories above!

 or

 CODE: TUESDAY100 = 25% off plus 5% reward points and one free Caldwell MF on orders $100+ on categories above!
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 08, 2019, 10:23:03 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
They're actually pretty expensive and so far nobody seems to be selling 5-ers but I can get a box of the short churchills on Famous bid site for $105 shipped
Not great prices but CI and the Sister both have them in 5-Paks, bid box price is a lot better.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 10:23:12 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
They're actually pretty expensive and so far nobody seems to be selling 5-ers but I can get a box of the short churchills on Famous bid site for $105 shipped
That's the cheapest I have seen.
Weren't you looking for these the other day? Or at least mentioned them?

https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/h-upmann-aj-fernandez-robusto-1.html
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 08, 2019, 10:29:18 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
They're actually pretty expensive and so far nobody seems to be selling 5-ers but I can get a box of the short churchills on Famous bid site for $105 shipped
That's the cheapest I have seen.
Weren't you looking for these the other day? Or at least mentioned them?

https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/h-upmann-aj-fernandez-robusto-1.html
Yeah I get the Toro's there often. They are like a limp prick. Can't beat em'
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 10:32:44 AM
Glad to see Tony was able to restore your full poopfulness Rick.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 10:36:56 AM
got a lawn boy. $40 first cut, $25 every 2 weeks as needed, no contract. he's finishing up now.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 10:42:52 AM
Ass draggin' lull?
Look what the cat dragged in lull.
That's one strong cat!

I'm on a Belle Arte Maduro hunt after smoking one in Hamburg, best deal I've found is a bid
I will keep that in mind and let you know if I run across anything. Sometimes, Brad surprises me. Don't get your hopes up though.
They're actually pretty expensive and so far nobody seems to be selling 5-ers but I can get a box of the short churchills on Famous bid site for $105 shipped
That's the cheapest I have seen.
Weren't you looking for these the other day? Or at least mentioned them?

https://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale/h-upmann-aj-fernandez-robusto-1.html
Yeah I get the Toro's there often. They are like a limp prick. Can't beat em'
:o
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 10:59:03 AM
got a lawn boy. $40 first cut, $25 every 2 weeks as needed, no contract. he's finishing up now.
Certainly a better deal than $1300 Joe from yesterday.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 11:00:37 AM
got a lawn boy. $40 first cut, $25 every 2 weeks as needed, no contract. he's finishing up now.
Certainly a better deal than $1300 Joe from yesterday.
he'll be back sometime in February to check it.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 11:33:29 AM
just got off the phone with my brother. told him we got alot of people praying for him. he says he's going to really need them this time. 😥
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 11:43:16 AM
Glad to see Tony was able to restore your full poopfulness Rick.
I didn't do a thing.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 11:43:35 AM
got a lawn boy. $40 first cut, $25 every 2 weeks as needed, no contract. he's finishing up now.
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 11:46:16 AM
just got off the phone with my brother. told him we got alot of people praying for him. he says he's going to really need them this time.
I've got him in my thoughts too. There seems to be a lot of this going around lately. I've made quite a few hospital visits.

Is he in New York?
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 12:03:42 PM
just got off the phone with my brother. told him we got alot of people praying for him. he says he's going to really need them this time.
I've got him in my thoughts too. There seems to be a lot of this going around lately. I've made quite a few hospital visits.

Is he in New York?
yes.
repercussions from that great Agent Orange, complications from prostate surgery 7 years ago.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 12:40:06 PM
just got off the phone with my brother. told him we got alot of people praying for him. he says he's going to really need them this time.
I've got him in my thoughts too. There seems to be a lot of this going around lately. I've made quite a few hospital visits.

Is he in New York?
yes.
repercussions from that great Agent Orange, complications from prostate surgery 7 years ago.
I just happened to hear about a story related to Agent Orange yesterday. Actually, it was about Kenneth Feinberg who determined what the settlement should be for those individuals affected.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 08, 2019, 12:45:35 PM
Well, just got my pink slip along with about 80 others in the company.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 12:47:41 PM
Well, just got my pink slip along with about 80 others in the company.
😩
sorry to hear that.
when one door closes another one opens.
you got enough cigars in stock?
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 12:56:28 PM
Well, just got my pink slip along with about 80 others in the company.
Whoa! Sorry to hear that, brother. It's never fun, no matter what your financial situation happens to be.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 08, 2019, 01:03:20 PM
When it rains, it pours. 2019 is starting out pretty shitty.

My dear friend Desiree just passed away after an 8 year war with stage 4 breast cancer. She fought like I've never seen anyone do. Please keep her 11 and 14 year old children in your prayers. They lost their dad to heart disease exactly one year before Desi was diagnosed. I'm beside myself right now.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 01:06:02 PM
Well, just got my pink slip along with about 80 others in the company.
Wow, real sorry to hear that, Dave. Complete shit situation there.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 01:06:28 PM
When it rains, it pours. 2019 is starting out pretty shitty.

My dear friend Desiree just passed away after an 8 year war with stage 4 breast cancer. She fought like I've never seen anyone do. Please keep her 11 and 14 year old children in your prayers. They lost their dad to heart disease exactly one year before Desi was diagnosed. I'm beside myself right now.
When it pours, indeed. Sorry about your friend, Tony. Especially for her kids.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 08, 2019, 01:07:51 PM
When it rains, it pours. 2019 is starting out pretty shitty.

My dear friend Desiree just passed away after an 8 year war with stage 4 breast cancer. She fought like I've never seen anyone do. Please keep her 11 and 14 year old children in your prayers. They lost their dad to heart disease exactly one year before Desi was diagnosed. I'm beside myself right now.
sorry to hear Tony. prayers for the family.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 01:08:03 PM
Holy shit! Can we go back in time and have a redo on the last 5 posts? Sorry to hear all of the bad news guys!
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 01:09:17 PM
Holy shit! Can we go back in time and have a redo on the last 5 posts? Sorry to hear all of the bad news guys!
It's been a real Tuesday in here lately, that's for sure.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: Oyam18 on January 08, 2019, 01:25:35 PM
Going to SC in March looking for retirement properties. Charleston looks good. Any smoke shops 😀
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 08, 2019, 01:28:13 PM
Holy shit! Can we go back in time and have a redo on the last 5 posts? Sorry to hear all of the bad news guys!
+1
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 08, 2019, 02:17:33 PM
Just about time to pack it up. Hope we have a better day tomorrow all around.
Title: Re: 1/8/2019
Post by: sfish on January 08, 2019, 02:22:44 PM
Just about time to pack it up. Hope we have a better day tomorrow all around.
Later Dave, if tomorrow's worse we're going to be in big trouble