CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 22, 2020, 01:01:57 AM

Title: 7/22/2020
Post by: CigarBanter on July 22, 2020, 01:01:57 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2020, 01:40:29 AM
What hump?
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 05:22:38 AM
What hump?
Not on my schedule
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 05:23:09 AM
Morning for those humping
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 05:37:01 AM
Morning for those humping
Morning, HumplessRick.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 06:56:14 AM
Morning for those humping
Morning, HumplessRick.
Don't let him fool you. He's already over the hump.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 06:57:17 AM
Good morning, Rick and Dave. I'm hoping Bret is asleep at this point but good morning to you too, just in case.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 07:03:10 AM
Morning for those humping
Morning, HumplessRick.
Don't let him fool you. He's already over the hump.
Yes I'm over the hump.
Good morning Tony and Dave.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 07:08:17 AM
A/C is still working like a champ. Thanks again for the advice, Rick. For the last week I had a stream coming out of the handler closet to the drain in the basement floor. It was bone dry today.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 07:13:19 AM
A/C is still working like a champ. Thanks again for the advice, Rick. For the last week I had a stream coming out of the handler closet to the drain in the basement floor. It was bone dry today.
Way to go, HandySometimesTony.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 07:43:33 AM
A/C is still working like a champ. Thanks again for the advice, Rick. For the last week I had a stream coming out of the handler closet to the drain in the basement floor. It was bone dry today.
Way to go, HandySometimesTony.
I try. In this case, I saved myself some money because I haven't been paid yet this month.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 07:56:53 AM
A/C is still working like a champ. Thanks again for the advice, Rick. For the last week I had a stream coming out of the handler closet to the drain in the basement floor. It was bone dry today.
I'm glad I could help.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 09:05:52 AM
So there was all this talk about grills yesterday. It put me in the mood to marinade and grill some steaks. Keep in mind I haven't had this grill too long, maybe 4 years, and I already need to replace the grates. It's left outside all year long but it does have a cover. Anyhoo, I've been covering the grates in aluminum foil this summer because they're in terrible shape and appear to be rusted. Bear in mind, they were advertised as being stainless steel but it turns out they were merely coated in stainless and it has mostly flaked off.

In any case, I remove the cover last night and get ready to light it. But first I need to cover the grates in foil. When I open her up I see a mouse scurrying along the heat plates. Not expecting that, I slam shut the grill and proceed to cook my steaks inside on the stove.

Do I just chuck the whole thing now? Other than the grates, the rest of it is in decent shape.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 09:41:04 AM
[...]

I don't know that the mouse would be an issue. Any germs he could've potentially left would surely be fried by the heat from the grill. I say replace the grates, then let the grill run for 15 minutes or so on high before the next time you try to use it.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 09:58:11 AM
A/C is still working like a champ. Thanks again for the advice, Rick. For the last week I had a stream coming out of the handler closet to the drain in the basement floor. It was bone dry today.
Way to go, HandySometimesTony.
TNWSH
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 09:59:44 AM
[...]

I made the mistake of googling it. So many opinions out there. My plan... Find new grates, take the grill apart, sanitize as much as possible, put it back together, and run the grill on high for about 30 minutes before using it.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 10:04:03 AM
[...]

Sounds like a solid game plan to me.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:04:21 AM
[...]

Serve the mouse as an appetizer.   Just rinse the inside of the grill out to remove any nesting materials then fire it up and leave is nice and hot for 15-30 min.  That will clear away most anything.  Worst issue for grills left outside  and not used often is dirt or spider webs getting into the jets.  When they get clogged, its a bit of a pain cleaning.  4 years, hell, John has grills that are 40 years...
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:06:34 AM
Morning Tony, Rick, Dave and UpAndAt'emRaz.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:08:15 AM
Damn, just missed another 10 pager yesterday.  Now that we've got RazMan PWing like crazy...
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:12:34 AM
Today is Wednesday, July 22, the 204rd day of 2020. There are 162 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On July 22, 1862, President Abraham Lincoln presented to his Cabinet a preliminary draft of the Emancipation Proclamation.

On this date:
In 1587, an English colony fated to vanish under mysterious circumstances was established on Roanoke Island off North Carolina.
In 1933, American aviator Wiley Post completed the first solo flight around the world as he returned to New York’s Floyd Bennett Field after traveling for 7 days, 18 and 3/4 hours.

In 1934, bank robber John Dillinger was shot to death by federal agents outside Chicago’s Biograph Theater, where he had just seen the Clark Gable movie “Manhattan Melodrama.”
In 1937, the U.S. Senate rejected President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s proposal to add more justices to the Supreme Court.

In 1942, the Nazis began transporting Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto to the Treblinka concentration camp. Gasoline rationing involving the use of coupons began along the Atlantic seaboard.
In 1946, the militant Zionist group Irgun blew up a wing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing 91 people.
In 1957, Walter “Fred” Morrison applied for a patent for a “flying toy” which became known as the Frisbee.

In 1967, American author, historian and poet Carl Sandburg died at his North Carolina home at age 89.
In 1975, the House of Representatives joined the Senate in voting to restore the American citizenship of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.
In 1991, police in Milwaukee arrested Jeffrey Dahmer, who later confessed to murdering 17 men and boys (Dahmer ended up being beaten to death by a fellow prison inmate).

In 1992, Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar escaped from his luxury prison near Medellin (meh-deh-YEEN’). (He was slain by security forces in December 1993.)
In 2011, Anders Breivik (AHN’-durs BRAY’-vihk), a self-described “militant nationalist,” massacred 69 people at a Norwegian island youth retreat after detonating a bomb in nearby Oslo that killed eight others in the nation’s worst violence since World War II.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:13:45 AM
Ten years ago: President Hugo Chavez severed Venezuela’s diplomatic relations with neighboring Colombia over claims he was harboring leftist guerrillas. The city manager, assistant manager and police chief of Bell, California, resigned after outraged residents found out through a Los Angeles Times investigation that the officials were making a total of more than $1.6 million a year. Six people were killed when a Greyhound bus crashed into an overturned SUV on a highway in Fresno, California. (Authorities later said the SUV driver, who died in the collision, was drunk.)

Five years ago: A Soyuz space capsule blasted off for the International Space Station, docking with the orbiting outpost nearly six hours later. Prosecutors in Colorado urged the death penalty for Aurora movie theater shooter James Holmes, saying he deliberately and cruelly killed 12 people (Holmes ended up being sentenced to life in prison when the jury could not unanimously agree on execution). A federal grand jury indictment charged Dylann Roof, the young man accused of killing nine Black church members in Charleston, South Carolina, with 33 counts including hate crimes that made him eligible for the death penalty. (Roof would become the first person sentenced to death for a federal hate crime; he is on death row at a federal prison in Indiana.)

One year ago: Teammates, family and friends gathered at a Catholic church in Santa Monica, California, to mourn Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs, who had been found dead in his Texas hotel room on July 1. “Old Town Road,” by Lil Nas X, remained at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for a 16th week, tying a record set by Mariah Carey and Luis Fonsi. Equifax agreed to pay at least $700 million to settle lawsuits over a 2017 data breach that exposed the Social Security numbers and other private information of nearly 150 million Americans.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:19:01 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, R-Kan., is 97.
Author Tom Robbins is 88.
Actress Louise Fletcher is 86.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Chuck Jackson is 83.
Actor Terence Stamp is 82.
Game show host Alex Trebek is 80.
Singer George Clinton is 79.
Actor-singer Bobby Sherman is 77.
Former Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, is 77.
Movie writer-director Paul Schrader is 74.
Actor Danny Glover is 74.
Singer Mireille Mathieu is 74.
Actor-comedian-director Albert Brooks is 73.
Rock singer Don Henley is 73.
Movie composer Alan Menken is 71.
Singer-actress Lonette McKee is 67.
Jazz musician Al Di Meola (mee-OH’-lah) is 66.
Actor Willem Dafoe is 65.
Actor John Leguizamo is 60.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Keith Sweat is 59.
Actress Joanna Going is 57.
Actor Rob Estes is 57.
Folk singer Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls) is 57.
Actor-comedian David Spade is 56.
Actor Patrick Labyorteaux is 55.
Rock musician Pat Badger is 53.
Actress Irene Bedard is 53.
Actor Rhys Ifans (rees EYE’-fanz) is 53.
Actress Diana Maria Riva is 51.
Actor Colin Ferguson is 48.
Actor/singer Jaime Camil is 47.
Rock musician Daniel Jones is 47.
Singer Rufus Wainwright is 47.
Actress Franka Potente (poh-TEN’-tay) is 46.
Actress Parisa Fitz-Henley is 43.
Actress A.J. Cook is 42.
Actor Keegan Allen is 33.
Actress Camila Banus is 30.
Actress Selena Gomez is 28.
Britain’s Prince George of Cambridge is seven.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 10:19:57 AM
Comic for the day...
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 22, 2020, 10:21:36 AM
Doing Burgers tonight. Been firing up the grill a lot this summer.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 10:26:41 AM
[...]

Damn, and I was proud that I'd made mine last 14 years! Of course, I only have 1 at a time, and it gets put through its paces with us.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 10:48:49 AM
[...]

I've eaten off those grills. Mine is certainly not made as well.

Good morning, ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 11:10:51 AM
[...]

He currently has the two dinosaurs (one of which he admits needs to be put to rest), one newer one (<5 years), a flattop, a charcoal grill (for steaks) and a smoker.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 11:13:31 AM
Doing Burgers tonight. Been firing up the grill a lot this summer.
:o
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 11:15:47 AM
Doing Burgers tonight. Been firing up the grill a lot this summer.
Hola, David. You'd get a lot more meat from those damn squirrels you're feeding.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 11:20:44 AM
Doing Burgers tonight. Been firing up the grill a lot this summer.
Hola, David. You'd get a lot more meat from those damn squirrels you're feeding.
Maybe Dean can do some Iguana burgers...
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 22, 2020, 11:29:35 AM
Doing Burgers tonight. Been firing up the grill a lot this summer.
Hola, David. You'd get a lot more meat from those damn squirrels you're feeding.
Maybe Dean can do some Iguana burgers...
You just need to use this stuff.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 11:46:35 AM
Doing Burgers tonight. Been firing up the grill a lot this summer.
Hola, David. You'd get a lot more meat from those damn squirrels you're feeding.
Maybe Dean can do some Iguana burgers...
You just need to use this stuff.
That will work fine, and suggest Gruyere over Swiss for a bit more oompf.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 11:46:59 AM
Getting hungry Tony?
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 11:48:32 AM
Getting hungry Tony?
Yummo!
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 11:49:06 AM
Trying to jumpstart this lunchtime lull... :-\
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 11:57:54 AM
Trying to jumpstart this lunchtime lull... :-\
MIL dropped off some homemade lasagna this week for us, think I'll have some of that for lunch.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 12:21:22 PM
Trying to jumpstart this lunchtime lull... :-\
MIL dropped off some homemade lasagna this week for us, think I'll have some of that for lunch.
I guess that will do as a backup...
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 12:23:18 PM
Trying to jumpstart this lunchtime lull... :-\
MIL dropped off some homemade lasagna this week for us, think I'll have some of that for lunch.
I guess that will do as a backup...
Wait....isn't MIL Portuguese?
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 12:48:29 PM
Getting hungry Tony?
As a matter of fact, I am.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 01:03:09 PM
Getting hungry Tony?
As a matter of fact, I am.
But family in Italy?  I'm confused....
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 01:08:11 PM
Trying to jumpstart this lunchtime lull... :-\
MIL dropped off some homemade lasagna this week for us, think I'll have some of that for lunch.
I guess that will do as a backup...
Wait....isn't MIL Portuguese?
Definitely not mine.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2020, 02:19:32 PM
Hazzuh, humpers!
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 02:59:21 PM
Getting hungry Tony?
As a matter of fact, I am.
But family in Italy?  I'm confused....
Watchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 22, 2020, 03:29:16 PM
Back in the office.  Man cave time.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/db48219e6222d9e2f4448e12dc86fe00.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 03:38:01 PM
Back in the office.  Man cave time.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/db48219e6222d9e2f4448e12dc86fe00.jpg)
Need to build that damn man cave already.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 22, 2020, 03:41:24 PM
Back in the office.  Man cave time.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/db48219e6222d9e2f4448e12dc86fe00.jpg)
Need to build that damn man cave already.
It is an indulgence which I'm lucky to have.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 03:55:05 PM
Back in the office.  Man cave time.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/db48219e6222d9e2f4448e12dc86fe00.jpg)
Need to build that damn man cave already.
It is an indulgence which I'm lucky to have.
I'll get there eventually. Maybe once my kids go off to college.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 22, 2020, 04:26:07 PM
Back in the office.  Man cave time.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/db48219e6222d9e2f4448e12dc86fe00.jpg)
Need to build that damn man cave already.
It is an indulgence which I'm lucky to have.
I'll get there eventually. Maybe once my kids go off to college.
Just have a word with your HR person.  I'm sure you'll get your way.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 04:39:29 PM
Back in the office.  Man cave time.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/db48219e6222d9e2f4448e12dc86fe00.jpg)
Need to build that damn man cave already.
It is an indulgence which I'm lucky to have.
Ain't that the truth (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/510c597d40bda2138a9be65cf9ce9c0b.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 04:40:14 PM
Today is national hot dog day.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Threebean on July 22, 2020, 05:14:27 PM
Today is national hot dog day.
Sunday was National Ice Cream Day, but I didn't have any of that, either.   :-\
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 22, 2020, 06:09:29 PM
Flavorful!!!
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2020, 06:54:10 PM
Thank you Mr. Postman(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/cde707a0453bed193fb31e002bc81c82.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2020, 06:58:35 PM
Lookin' like Christmas!
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 08:08:04 PM
Thank you Mr. Postman(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200722/cde707a0453bed193fb31e002bc81c82.jpg)
Did the mail carrier pay for them too?
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 08:11:03 PM
Flavorful!!!
I'll have to do some research but I feel like I've smoked that one before. Can't say I remember it though.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2020, 09:15:52 PM
Flavorful!!!
I'll have to do some research but I feel like I've smoked that one before. Can't say I remember it though.
I searched for it but I guess I was wrong. The label looked very familiar.
Title: Re: 7/22/2020
Post by: Oyam18 on July 22, 2020, 11:25:35 PM
Flavorful!!!
I'll have to do some research but I feel like I've smoked that one before. Can't say I remember it though.
I searched for it but I guess I was wrong. The label looked very familiar.
was a gift, they are a discontinued cigar