CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 28, 2018, 12:00:57 AM

Title: 12/28/2018
Post by: CigarBanter on December 28, 2018, 12:00:57 AM
It's Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 12:06:42 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 06:03:23 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 06:17:55 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Yeah, WTF was that about?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 06:47:00 AM
Good morning, LTG.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 06:50:26 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Yeah, WTF was that about?
Wednesday night, I decided, no, that was not enough time off yet. I'm only working today cause I can do it from home. Lol
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 07:02:41 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Yeah, WTF was that about?
Wednesday night, I decided, no, that was not enough time off yet. I'm only working today cause I can do it from home. Lol
Were you able to get any smokes in?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 07:13:12 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Yeah, WTF was that about?
Wednesday night, I decided, no, that was not enough time off yet. I'm only working today cause I can do it from home. Lol
Were you able to get any smokes in?
Unfortunately, no. Xmas night I wasn't feeling too hot, and the last 2 nights I've just been relaxing inside with the wife. Supposed to be pretty nice out today, though, so I'll probably get one in this evening while she's at work.

How's about you?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 07:14:46 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 07:29:33 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Yeah, WTF was that about?
Wednesday night, I decided, no, that was not enough time off yet. I'm only working today cause I can do it from home. Lol
Were you able to get any smokes in?
Unfortunately, no. Xmas night I wasn't feeling too hot, and the last 2 nights I've just been relaxing inside with the wife. Supposed to be pretty nice out today, though, so I'll probably get one in this evening while she's at work.

How's about you?
Raining like a MFer here today but it is much warmer. I was able to get a Cuban Partagas in yesterday and a La Palina Red right before Christmas.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 07:30:00 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Mark.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 07:32:53 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Good morning, Mark. Might be able to make it an even better deal if you spend $149 and use NEW25. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 07:34:03 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Mark.
Howdy, Deano. Did the pussies let you sleep?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 07:34:49 AM
Nice Thursday bantering!
10 pages, looks like me taking an extra day off didn't slow anyone down!
Yeah, WTF was that about?
Wednesday night, I decided, no, that was not enough time off yet. I'm only working today cause I can do it from home. Lol
Were you able to get any smokes in?
Unfortunately, no. Xmas night I wasn't feeling too hot, and the last 2 nights I've just been relaxing inside with the wife. Supposed to be pretty nice out today, though, so I'll probably get one in this evening while she's at work.

How's about you?
Raining like a MFer here today but it is much warmer. I was able to get a Cuban Partagas in yesterday and a La Palina Red right before Christmas.
Yeah, we had warm temps and rain here last night, and there was a blizzard warning in New Mexico at the same time. Even the weather is out of sorts as 2018 limps to the finish line.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 07:39:10 AM
good morning Daves, Tony, and Mark.
Howdy, Deano. Did the pussies let you sleep?
yes they did. feeding time at the zoo right now.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 07:51:24 AM
70° heading for low 80's.
how is that for the end of December?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 08:15:17 AM
Friday , December 28, 2018
Life is fragile. We're not guaranteed a tomorrow so give it everything you've got.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 08:59:04 AM
[...]

Obama's fault!
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:01:34 AM
Morning Tony, SlackingOffDave, TwoPussyDean, IrishBean.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 09:02:43 AM
[...]

That much is clear.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:03:29 AM
Today in History

Today is Wednesday, Dec. 28, the 363rd day of 2016. There are three days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:
1800        Dec 29, Charles Goodyear (d.1860), inventor of vulcanized rubber for tires, was born.
1808        Dec 29, Andrew Johnson, the 17th president of the United States who succeeded Lincoln (1865-1869), was born in a 2-room shack in Raleigh, N.C. [Waxhaw, South Carolina]
On Dec. 28, 1846, Iowa became the 29th state to be admitted to the Union.
On this date:
In 1612, Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei observed the planet Neptune, but mistook it for a star. (Neptune wasn't officially discovered until 1846 by Johann Gottfried Galle.)
In 1832, John C. Calhoun became the first vice president of the United States to resign, stepping down because of differences with President Andrew Jackson.
1845 Texas (comprised of the present State of Texas and part of New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming) was admitted as the 28th state, with the provision that the area (389, 166 square miles) should be divided into no more than five states "of convenient size." Sam Houston insisted on maintaining control of offshore waters as a condition of joining the union.
In 1856, the 28th president of the United States, Thomas Woodrow Wilson, was born in Staunton, Virginia.
1891 Dec 29, Edison patented the "transmission of signals electrically" (radio).
1862   Dec 29, The bowling ball was invented.
In 1895, the Lumiere brothers, Auguste and Louis, held the first public showing of their movies in Paris.
In 1917, the New York Evening Mail published "A Neglected Anniversary," a facetious essay by H.L. Mencken supposedly recounting the history of bathtubs in America.
In 1937, composer Maurice Ravel died in Paris at age 62.
In 1945, Congress officially recognized the Pledge of Allegiance.
In 1961, the Tennessee Williams play "Night of the Iguana" opened on Broadway. Former first lady Edith Bolling Galt Wilson, the second wife of President Woodrow Wilson, died in Washington at age 89.
In 1973, the book "Gulag Archipelago," Alexander Solzhenitsyn's expose of the Soviet prison system, was first published in Paris.
In 1981, Elizabeth Jordan Carr, the first American "test-tube" baby, was born in Norfolk, Virginia.
In 1989, Alexander Dubcek, the former Czechoslovak Communist leader who was deposed in a Soviet-led Warsaw Pact invasion in 1968, was named president of the country's parliament.
In 1991, nine people died in a crush of people trying to get into a rap celebrity basketball game at City College in New York.
1995        Dec 29, The CNN financial network was launched by Turner Enterprises.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 09:06:16 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 09:15:48 AM
[...]

There's no doubt.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 09:18:19 AM
Good morning, NJDave and SCDave.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 09:18:50 AM
Morning Tony, SlackingOffDave, TwoPussyDean, IrishBean.
good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:19:27 AM
“The wise man must be wise before, not after.” — Epicharmus, Sicilian Greek comic poet.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 09:19:35 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
don't tell us you counted them all.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:21:20 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
don't tell us you counted them all.
Fine service he has performed for his fellow banterers.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 09:21:23 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
+ FREE humidity pillows with every 5-pk at cigarpage.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:23:26 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 09:36:05 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
+ FREE humidity pillows with every 5-pk at cigarpage.
oh boy. guess I'll have to do some shopping.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 09:39:01 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
+ FREE humidity pillows with every 5-pk at cigarpage.
oh boy. guess I'll have to do some shopping.
Be sure to let us know if there's anything worth picking up, since most of us don't have time to peruse all that nonsense.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 09:44:37 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 09:46:52 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
+ FREE humidity pillows with every 5-pk at cigarpage.
oh boy. guess I'll have to do some shopping.
Good price on AF Short Stories
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:49:29 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
today in history is also from 2016...but my editor didn't catch it.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:50:08 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 09:51:50 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
We were both in school when this classic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8)
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 09:53:51 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
today in history is also from 2016...but my editor didn't catch it.
Again, per union rules, I only do the birthdays, which are absent. But no worries, I'll just sit here on the clock like a good journeyman until you get around to them.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 09:54:56 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
+ FREE humidity pillows with every 5-pk at cigarpage.
oh boy. guess I'll have to do some shopping.
Be sure to let us know if there's anything worth picking up, since most of us don't have time to peruse all that nonsense.
I'm only in the L's
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 09:55:36 AM
I $hit-You-Not, 900 fivers on the Page today + Jamming too.
+ FREE humidity pillows with every 5-pk at cigarpage.
oh boy. guess I'll have to do some shopping.
Good price on AF Short Stories
indeed. hit.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 09:57:02 AM
LAdC coronas $20
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 10:18:51 AM
Government shut down will continue until at least day 12, next week. It's the best thing the government has done in nearly 2 years.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 10:23:27 AM
Government shut down will continue until at least day 12, next week. It's the best thing the government has done in nearly 2 years.
Actually the best thing since the last government shutdown in 2013.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 10:24:07 AM
Government shut down will continue until at least day 12, next week. It's the best thing the government has done in nearly 2 years.
works better shut down than it ever did with Clinton/Obama.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 10:29:07 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
We were both in school when this classic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8)
I was there.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 10:44:24 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
We were both in school when this classic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8)
I was there.
WOW. really.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 11:00:31 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
We were both in school when this classic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8)
I was there.
WOW. really.
It's true, this video of ClemsonDave at the game just surfaced.
(https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crazy-clemson-fan.gif)
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 11:03:45 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
We were both in school when this classic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8)
I was there.
WOW. really.
It's true, this video of ClemsonDave at the game just surfaced.
(https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crazy-clemson-fan.gif)
#reallyrealnews
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 11:10:52 AM
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
...and I wasnt wondering
We were both in school when this classic game was played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjQUXtPJz8)
I was there.
WOW. really.
It's true, this video of ClemsonDave at the game just surfaced.
(https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/crazy-clemson-fan.gif)
Hahaha
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 11:55:44 AM
Haha lull?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 12:46:08 PM
Haha lull?
A solid lull, indeed.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 12:46:44 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 12:47:16 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
That ought to lull-up the works.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 12:48:02 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 01:04:16 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 01:42:04 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 01:55:31 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 28, 2018, 02:10:54 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
I bought myself the Nub table top lighter for Xmas. Should be arriving tomorrow. Replaces the big Perdomo lighter I lost (read: Nate stole, I'm sure of it) at CF this year.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/nub-ignition-table-top-lighter-lighters/1501725/#p-188111
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 28, 2018, 02:12:42 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 02:13:18 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 28, 2018, 02:14:46 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
I bought myself the Nub table top lighter for Xmas. Should be arriving tomorrow. Replaces the big Perdomo lighter I lost (read: Nate stole, I'm sure of it) at CF this year.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/nub-ignition-table-top-lighter-lighters/1501725/#p-188111
LTG that is a very nice center peice lighter.
You darn enablers.
Nope not biting this week.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 28, 2018, 02:16:27 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 02:19:08 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
Yeah, you gotta watch the channels. The only thing I missed when we initially switched was Discovery, but it was worth it to be done dealing with cable companies. And in the past few weeks, they've actually added Discovery, so I'm back to having everything. Throw in a digital antenna and I'm not missing any channels I wish I had.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 02:19:58 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
I bought myself the Nub table top lighter for Xmas. Should be arriving tomorrow. Replaces the big Perdomo lighter I lost (read: Nate stole, I'm sure of it) at CF this year.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/nub-ignition-table-top-lighter-lighters/1501725/#p-188111
LTG that is a very nice center peice lighter.
You darn enablers.
Nope not biting this week.
I'll be sure to let you know how nice it is. ;)
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 28, 2018, 02:25:18 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
Yeah, you gotta watch the channels. The only thing I missed when we initially switched was Discovery, but it was worth it to be done dealing with cable companies. And in the past few weeks, they've actually added Discovery, so I'm back to having everything. Throw in a digital antenna and I'm not missing any channels I wish I had.
That is good to know. I'm mostly concerned with losing my sports, MSG and YES. Internet is bundled to but I am saving in a few ways.. I have my own modem, router, Roku for boxes, etc..
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 02:26:19 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
Yeah, you gotta watch the channels. The only thing I missed when we initially switched was Discovery, but it was worth it to be done dealing with cable companies. And in the past few weeks, they've actually added Discovery, so I'm back to having everything. Throw in a digital antenna and I'm not missing any channels I wish I had.
That is good to know. I'm mostly concerned with losing my sports, MSG and YES. Internet is bundled to but I am saving in a few ways.. I have my own modem, router, Roku for boxes, etc..
They do also offer sports packages, so maybe look into it? All I know is every time I hear someone complain about calling their cable company, my smile grows a little bit larger. Lol
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: LuvTooGolf on December 28, 2018, 02:26:54 PM
And with that, I'm out. Off Monday and Tuesday, so I'll see youse guys on Wednesday (for real this time, Tony, don't panic). Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 02:29:28 PM
 ???
Good morning Dave and Tony.  Nice deal at the sis on MoW PA.
Used to always like the MOW Maduro's.  Haven't had one in a while, but sure they're still good.
I prefer the habano so hit this deal to stock up.  And, in case you were wondering, your avi sucks.
today in history is also from 2016...but my editor didn't catch it.
Again, per union rules, I only do the birthdays, which are absent. But no worries, I'll just sit here on the clock like a good journeyman until you get around to them.
This has been a developing story for 3 days:

Three Clemson players, including starter Dexter Lawrence, will not be playing in Saturday's College Football Playoff semifinal against Notre Dame.

The results of the B sample came back positive for Ostarine, a banned performance-enhancing substance, meaning the players will be banned from the game.

Partial excuse list:

“The Epsom salt that’s in the float tank we’re floating in,” the Clemson defensive end continued. “It could’ve been anything.

Ostarine, “which players and head coach Dabo Swinney said they’d never heard of last week”, is an anabolic steroid-like substance used to build lean muscle. It’s not approved for legal use in the U.S. or any country.

And of course, the most reliable excuse:  “We have no idea how it got there.”

Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: bluecollar on December 28, 2018, 02:29:34 PM
And with that, I'm out. Off Monday and Tuesday, so I'll see youse guys on Wednesday (for real this time, Tony, don't panic). Hazzuh!
Happy New year LTG. Enjoy and get a few stogies in
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 03:03:56 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
I bought myself the Nub table top lighter for Xmas. Should be arriving tomorrow. Replaces the big Perdomo lighter I lost (read: Nate stole, I'm sure of it) at CF this year.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/nub-ignition-table-top-lighter-lighters/1501725/#p-188111
That really is nice.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 03:07:11 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
That's the issue I'm having too. I have Verizon Fios and they're about to drop all Disney channels, including ABC and ESPN. I guess I really don't need Monday Night Football but what am I supposed to do about The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:08:03 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
I bought myself the Nub table top lighter for Xmas. Should be arriving tomorrow. Replaces the big Perdomo lighter I lost (read: Nate stole, I'm sure of it) at CF this year.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/nub-ignition-table-top-lighter-lighters/1501725/#p-188111
That really is nice.
What ya smoking on the walk today Mayor?

Fixing to go dive into the humi myself.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 03:10:43 PM
VS's currently jammin'. :D
Yeah, they're jamming up the jam.
Pepin belis up now. Might move a little faster.
Moved right into a small torch which should jam us up again for a bit.
Looks like a nice lighter.
I should take a picture of all my torch lighters. If they were guns I would be on some sort of watch list.
I bought myself the Nub table top lighter for Xmas. Should be arriving tomorrow. Replaces the big Perdomo lighter I lost (read: Nate stole, I'm sure of it) at CF this year.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/nub-ignition-table-top-lighter-lighters/1501725/#p-188111
That really is nice.
What ya smoking on the walk today Mayor?

Fixing to go dive into the humi myself.
It depends on the rain letting up. But I should pick something just in case. I'll have to get back to you.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:12:01 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
That's the issue I'm having too. I have Verizon Fios and they're about to drop all Disney channels, including ABC and ESPN. I guess I really don't need Monday Night Football but what am I supposed to do about The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars?
I looked into every option imaginable before moving into the Condo where Spectrum is included.

The real problem is they got you by the balls with the internet service.  If you don’t package tv & internet they roll you over and dick you like a prison gang for the internet.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:15:42 PM
Another great football bowl matchup 🙄

Music City Bowl late in the 2nd quarter has Auburn leading Purdue 56-7

Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:24:44 PM
Once again today I $hit-You-Not:

Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 03:31:51 PM
spent the day at the beach relaxing.

Oliva V beli and coffee here. pizza and wings ordered for dinner.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 03:33:56 PM
I've had Comcast and Dish and they both suck.
Spectrum bought out my contract and yes I did the package. I have no problem with them what ever.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
I've had Comcast and Dish and they both suck.
Spectrum bought out my contract and yes I did the package. I have no problem with them what ever.
Well here are the major Spectrum problems:  They don’t offer but one outdoors channel, their high definition sux royally, some channels they don’t even offer in high definition and their high speed Internet is very unstable.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:46:06 PM
Cain F Lancero fired up and some heart elixir to sip.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:49:39 PM
Looks like 12 more minutes until the fate of Sears is determined

Anyone who wants to buy Sears Holdings out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy has only a few hours left to make a move, but no one has so far.

All bids must be submitted to by Friday at 4 p.m. ET
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 03:55:07 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A funeral service for late World War II veteran Richard Overton is expected to take place on Jan. 12, according to Military Veterans Program Administrator Allen Bergeron.

The service is projected to begin at 11 a.m. at Shoreline Church at 15201 Burnet Road located north of Austin. The funeral will be open to the public and Overton will be buried in the Texas State Cemetery on 909 Navasota Street.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 04:09:44 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A funeral service for late World War II veteran Richard Overton is expected to take place on Jan. 12, according to Military Veterans Program Administrator Allen Bergeron.

The service is projected to begin at 11 a.m. at Shoreline Church at 15201 Burnet Road located north of Austin. The funeral will be open to the public and Overton will be buried in the Texas State Cemetery on 909 Navasota Street.
wish him well, wish I could be there to say goodbye.
will have a special smoke in his honor.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 04:12:34 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A funeral service for late World War II veteran Richard Overton is expected to take place on Jan. 12, according to Military Veterans Program Administrator Allen Bergeron.

The service is projected to begin at 11 a.m. at Shoreline Church at 15201 Burnet Road located north of Austin. The funeral will be open to the public and Overton will be buried in the Texas State Cemetery on 909 Navasota Street.
wish him well, wish I could be there to say goodbye.
will have a special smoke in his honor.
Yep, I certainly plan to have a smoke for his funeral.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: FloridaDean on December 28, 2018, 04:13:24 PM
Looks like 12 more minutes until the fate of Sears is determined

Anyone who wants to buy Sears Holdings out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy has only a few hours left to make a move, but no one has so far.

All bids must be submitted to by Friday at 4 p.m. ET
$3.42
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 04:15:35 PM
Looks like 12 more minutes until the fate of Sears is determined

Anyone who wants to buy Sears Holdings out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy has only a few hours left to make a move, but no one has so far.

All bids must be submitted to by Friday at 4 p.m. ET
$3.42
Might have been the winning bid but you are LATE!

Have not seen any announcements yet
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: flip from jersey on December 28, 2018, 04:18:01 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
That's the issue I'm having too. I have Verizon Fios and they're about to drop all Disney channels, including ABC and ESPN. I guess I really don't need Monday Night Football but what am I supposed to do about The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars?
digital antenna, they are broadcast after all.  You are line of site from the empire state building,
although Hudson yards, may affect your receiving the signal.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 04:25:21 PM
A steal of a deal at the Sister

Man O' War Armada Corona (5.0"x44) Pack of 5 for $24.50 FS

https://www.cigar.com/daily-cigar-deal/

Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 04:29:11 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A funeral service for late World War II veteran Richard Overton is expected to take place on Jan. 12, according to Military Veterans Program Administrator Allen Bergeron.

The service is projected to begin at 11 a.m. at Shoreline Church at 15201 Burnet Road located north of Austin. The funeral will be open to the public and Overton will be buried in the Texas State Cemetery on 909 Navasota Street.
wish him well, wish I could be there to say goodbye.
will have a special smoke in his honor.
Definitely. But it won't be today. No relief from the rain in site for the next 120 minutes.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 04:31:40 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
That's the issue I'm having too. I have Verizon Fios and they're about to drop all Disney channels, including ABC and ESPN. I guess I really don't need Monday Night Football but what am I supposed to do about The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars?
digital antenna, they are broadcast after all.  You are line of site from the empire state building,
although Hudson yards, may affect your receiving the signal.
But not ESPN. Plus the more important feature is the DVR. Does TiVo still exist?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 04:33:44 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A funeral service for late World War II veteran Richard Overton is expected to take place on Jan. 12, according to Military Veterans Program Administrator Allen Bergeron.

The service is projected to begin at 11 a.m. at Shoreline Church at 15201 Burnet Road located north of Austin. The funeral will be open to the public and Overton will be buried in the Texas State Cemetery on 909 Navasota Street.
wish him well, wish I could be there to say goodbye.
will have a special smoke in his honor.
Yep, I certainly plan to have a smoke for his funeral.
Been a long time since we had a Virtual Herf, we should have one at his funeral.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 04:35:13 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
That's the issue I'm having too. I have Verizon Fios and they're about to drop all Disney channels, including ABC and ESPN. I guess I really don't need Monday Night Football but what am I supposed to do about The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars?
digital antenna, they are broadcast after all.  You are line of site from the empire state building,
although Hudson yards, may affect your receiving the signal.
But not ESPN. Plus the more important feature is the DVR. Does TiVo still exist?
Another Spectrum defect, they also dick you like a prison gang for DVR service too.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 04:38:19 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 05:10:14 PM
AUSTIN (KXAN) -- A funeral service for late World War II veteran Richard Overton is expected to take place on Jan. 12, according to Military Veterans Program Administrator Allen Bergeron.

The service is projected to begin at 11 a.m. at Shoreline Church at 15201 Burnet Road located north of Austin. The funeral will be open to the public and Overton will be buried in the Texas State Cemetery on 909 Navasota Street.
wish him well, wish I could be there to say goodbye.
will have a special smoke in his honor.
Yep, I certainly plan to have a smoke for his funeral.
Been a long time since we had a Virtual Herf, we should have one at his funeral.
I like that idea.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 05:11:50 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
Cut the cord and go with Sling, best thing I've ever done.

EDIT: Obviously, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was a very good thing to do.
Thanks but losing my son and Wives channels won't go over well right now
That's the issue I'm having too. I have Verizon Fios and they're about to drop all Disney channels, including ABC and ESPN. I guess I really don't need Monday Night Football but what am I supposed to do about The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars?
I looked into every option imaginable before moving into the Condo where Spectrum is included.

The real problem is they got you by the balls with the internet service.  If you don’t package tv & internet they roll you over and dick you like a prison gang for the internet.
So true.  We have a regional provider called Suddenlink, which bought all the infrastructure in our area from Verizon a few years back and now have a lock because no one else wants to put in new fiber.  Same song and dance about the bundle vs the internet only service.  The tech seems to be about 5 years behind, as they aren't motivated to invest to compete.  Sorry bastiges.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 28, 2018, 05:12:37 PM
Amazon anaconda and coffee going.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 05:49:01 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Costa Rica was one of the best vacations I ever went on. It was also one of the most active; zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, etc.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 05:50:24 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Costa Rica was one of the best vacations I ever went on. It was also one of the most active; zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, etc.
A place I have not been before.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 05:56:09 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Costa Rica was one of the best vacations I ever went on. It was also one of the most active; zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, etc.
A place I have not been before.
I really liked it. Very scenic. Really good food. Best coffee I've ever had too.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 06:01:33 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Costa Rica was one of the best vacations I ever went on. It was also one of the most active; zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, etc.
A place I have not been before.
I really liked it. Very scenic. Really good food. Best coffee I've ever had too.
I do like good food & coffees!
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 28, 2018, 06:42:19 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Costa Rica was one of the best vacations I ever went on. It was also one of the most active; zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, etc.
A place I have not been before.
I really liked it. Very scenic. Really good food. Best coffee I've ever had too.
I do like good food & coffees!
I shouldn't set your expectations too high. I think you'll enjoy it though.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 28, 2018, 06:54:07 PM
Boy took care of getting our guide and boat set up for the Costa Rica sailfish trip in late February, I am ready for some action !
Costa Rica was one of the best vacations I ever went on. It was also one of the most active; zip lining, white water rafting, hiking, etc.
A place I have not been before.
I really liked it. Very scenic. Really good food. Best coffee I've ever had too.
I do like good food & coffees!
I shouldn't set your expectations too high. I think you'll enjoy it though.
If I can catch a sailfish on a fly rod all expectations will be exceeded.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:07:05 PM
I've had Comcast and Dish and they both suck.
Spectrum bought out my contract and yes I did the package. I have no problem with them what ever.
Well here are the major Spectrum problems:  They don’t offer but one outdoors channel, their high definition sux royally, some channels they don’t even offer in high definition and their high speed Internet is very unstable.
Other than that, they're fine...
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:15:06 PM
Drs appointment, Wegmans, and Spectrum to argue my bill. RP in the man cave to lower my blood pressure
I have Verizon FIOS and it is a solid if e pensive service.  They are now in a contract pushing match with Disney/ABC who will shut off access to ABC and ESPN and other channels on Dec 31 at 5:00.
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 28, 2018, 09:40:01 PM
Pre ND whoopin' lull?
Title: Re: 12/28/2018
Post by: Threebean on December 29, 2018, 12:04:13 AM
Pre ND whoopin' lull?
I'd better get a big ol' GFY in before the Mayor locks this down.  GFY!