CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 27, 2019, 12:04:19 AM

Title: 10/27/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on October 27, 2019, 12:04:19 AM
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 05:19:32 AM
Good morning Guy's. More boxes than normal on the but nothing I'm interested in. Still have not put my order in......and holy crap is it raining here.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: flip from jersey on October 27, 2019, 06:12:40 AM
another sparkling day on the banter, hello Blu..
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 06:44:59 AM
good morning Rick and Flip.
another lovely day down here.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 07:10:42 AM
Good morning Flip and Dean. Checking boilers now. Bills vs Eagles. Should be a rainy and windy day here.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 07:25:23 AM
Morning Rick, Flip and FloriDean.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 07:34:10 AM
Today is Saturday, Oct. 27, the 300th day of 2018. There are 65 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Oct. 27, 1978, Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin (men-AH’-kem BAY’-gihn) were named winners of the Nobel Peace Prize for their progress toward achieving a Middle East accord.

On this date:
In 1787, the first of the Federalist Papers, a series of essays calling for ratification of the United States Constitution, was published.
In 1795, the United States and Spain signed the Treaty of San Lorenzo (also known as “Pinckney’s Treaty”), which provided for free navigation of the Mississippi River.
In 1858, the 26th president of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, was born in New York City.
In 1904, the first rapid transit subway, the IRT, was inaugurated in New York City.
In 1938, Du Pont announced a name for its new synthetic yarn: “nylon.”
In 1947, “You Bet Your Life,” a comedy quiz show starring Groucho Marx, premiered on ABC Radio. (It later became a television show on NBC.)
In 1954, U.S. Air Force Col. Benjamin O. Davis Jr. was promoted to brigadier general, the first black officer to achieve that rank in the USAF. Walt Disney’s first television program, titled “Disneyland” after the yet-to-be completed theme park, premiered on ABC.
In 1962, during the Cuban Missile Crisis, a U-2 reconnaissance aircraft was shot down while flying over Cuba, killing the pilot, U.S. Air Force Maj. Rudolf Anderson Jr.
In 1992, Petty Officer Allen Schindler, a gay U.S. Navy sailor, was beaten to death near Sasebo Naval Base in southwestern Japan by shipmate Terry Helvey, who pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to life in prison.
In 1998, Hurricane Mitch cut through the western Caribbean, pummeling coastal Honduras and Belize; the storm caused several thousand deaths in Central America in the days that followed.
In 2002, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (loo-EEZ’ ee-NAH’-cee-oh LOO’-luh duh SEEL’-vuh) was elected president of Brazil in a runoff, becoming the country’s first elected leftist leader.
In 2004, the Boston Red Sox won their first World Series since 1918, sweeping the St. Louis Cardinals in Game 4, 3-0.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 07:34:52 AM
Ten years ago: Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens was convicted in Washington of seven corruption charges for lying about free home renovations and other gifts from a wealthy oil contractor. (A judge later dismissed the case, saying prosecutors had withheld evidence that might have been favorable to Stevens at trial.) Umpires halted play in Game 5 of the World Series with the Philadelphia Phillies and Tampa Bay Rays tied at 2 because of rain. (The game was completed two days later, at which time the Phillies beat the Rays 4-3 to win the Series.)

Five years ago: The Boston Red Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2 to tie the World Series at two games apiece; the game finished with a pickoff play, a first in postseason history. Lou Reed, 71, who radically challenged rock’s founding promise of good times and public celebration as leader of the Velvet Underground and a solo artist and was a founder of indie rock, died in Southampton, New York.

One year ago: Spain fired Catalonia’s regional government and dissolved its parliament, after a Catalan declaration of independence that flouted the country’s constitution. Golfer Tiger Woods pleaded guilty to reckless driving, resolving charges from an arrest in which he was found passed out in his car with prescription drugs and marijuana in his system. The White House said federal officials had played no role in selecting a tiny Montana company from Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s hometown for a $300 million contract to help restore Puerto Rico’s power grid. Facebook executives said they would verify political ad buyers in federal elections, requiring them to reveal correct names and locations.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 07:38:35 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor-comedian John Cleese is 79.
Author Maxine Hong Kingston is 78.
Country singer Lee Greenwood is 76.
Producer-director Ivan Reitman is 72.
Country singer-musician Jack Daniels is 69.
Rock musician Garry Tallent (Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band) is 69.
Author Fran Lebowitz is 68.
Rock musician K.K. Downing is 67.
TV personality Jayne Kennedy is 67.
Actor-director Roberto Benigni is 66.
Actor Peter Firth is 65.
Actor Robert Picardo is 65.
World Golf Hall of Famer Patty Sheehan is 62.
Singer Simon Le Bon is 60.
Country musician Jerry Dale McFadden (The Mavericks) is 54.
Internet news editor Matt Drudge is 52.
Rock musician Jason Finn (Presidents of the United States of America) is 51.
Actor Sean Holland is 50.
Actor Channon Roe is 49.
Actress Sheeri Rappaport is 41.
Actor David Walton is 40.
Violinist Vanessa-Mae is 40.
Actress-singer Kelly Osbourne is 34.
Actress Christine Evangelista is 32.
Actor Bryan Craig is 27.
Actor Troy Gentile is 25.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 07:39:19 AM
Thought for Today: “He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest.” — Dylan Thomas (1914-1953).
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 07:48:04 AM
Wow, full cast of characters this morning. Hello Rick, Flip, Dean, and Dave.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 08:05:28 AM
Good morning Flip and Dean. Checking boilers now. Bills vs Eagles. Should be a rainy and windy day here.
Rainy and windy here too and we were already warned that our games wouldn't be cancelled. I have baseball and soccer today.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 08:21:37 AM
morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 08:22:16 AM
Thought for Today: “He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest.” — Dylan Thomas (1914-1953).
I love dull and boring.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 08:31:21 AM
@ Tony. weren't you looking for a new V cutter? did you ever get one?
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 09:07:58 AM
@ Tony. weren't you looking for a new V cutter? did you ever get one?
It's not my top priority right now. Still using my Xikar one for now. Money's a little tight at the moment.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 09:08:35 AM
Thought for Today: “He who seeks rest finds boredom. He who seeks work finds rest.” — Dylan Thomas (1914-1953).
I love dull and boring.
I wouldn't mind a little boredom.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 09:25:50 AM
Good morning Mr Mayor and Dave
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 09:28:09 AM
@ Tony. weren't you looking for a new V cutter? did you ever get one?
It's not my top priority right now. Still using my Xikar one for now. Money's a little tight at the moment.

https://halfwheel.com/v-cutter-shootout-colibri-v-cut-vs-xikar-vx-v-cutter/68434/amp/

https://halfwheel.com/jetline-adding-two-new-v-cutters-in-august/363807/amp/
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 09:35:17 AM
@ Tony. weren't you looking for a new V cutter? did you ever get one?
It's not my top priority right now. Still using my Xikar one for now. Money's a little tight at the moment.

https://halfwheel.com/v-cutter-shootout-colibri-v-cut-vs-xikar-vx-v-cutter/68434/amp/

https://halfwheel.com/jetline-adding-two-new-v-cutters-in-august/363807/amp/
Interesting article on Colibrí vs. Xikar. I have the latter and hands down prefer the prior. Curious about the Jetlines though.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 09:41:00 AM
@ Tony. weren't you looking for a new V cutter? did you ever get one?
It's not my top priority right now. Still using my Xikar one for now. Money's a little tight at the moment.

https://halfwheel.com/v-cutter-shootout-colibri-v-cut-vs-xikar-vx-v-cutter/68434/amp/

https://halfwheel.com/jetline-adding-two-new-v-cutters-in-august/363807/amp/
Interesting article on Colibrí vs. Xikar. I have the latter and hands down prefer the prior. Curious about the Jetlines though.
Jetline asking $70 seems excessively high.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 09:42:30 AM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 09:47:03 AM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Gonna be a hell of a game tonight. Enjoy your smoke later. I'm interested to see if Bills can beat Eagles
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 09:51:36 AM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Gonna be a hell of a game tonight. Enjoy your smoke later. I'm interested to see if Bills can beat Eagles
That should be a really good game.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 10:15:56 AM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Neither was very pretty.  Morning Bean.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 10:22:06 AM
morning Beaner.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 10:32:39 AM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Good morning, Mark. Planning an afternoon cigar from the orifice man cave?
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: sfish on October 27, 2019, 11:16:15 AM
Morning boys, decent deal on SD Cedrus on the monster if you want 10
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 11:31:13 AM
Morning boys, decent deal on SD Cedrus on the monster if you want 10
Good looking out.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 11:41:05 AM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 12:12:52 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
Ooooh, that sounds lovely. Still raining like a motherfather here. I should look to cook something up.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 01:33:16 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
Yummo
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 01:33:45 PM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Good morning, Mark. Planning an afternoon cigar from the orifice man cave?
Could be.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 01:34:56 PM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Neither was very pretty.  Morning Bean.
I don't know, that Astros grand slam homer looked pretty nice.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 02:23:41 PM
Morning gents.  Chilly this morning but going to be a pretty day here.  Will have to fire up something later on the back deck to celebrate the Astros evening the series.  And morn ND's crash and burn against MI.
Neither was very pretty.  Morning Bean.
I don't know, that Astros grand slam homer looked pretty nice.
Tied 2-2 and The best hurlers up. It's going to be good.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 02:27:34 PM
Morning boys, decent deal on SD Cedrus on the monster if you want 10
I was hoping for a good box deal like I grabbed the my father la promisia's 2 weeks ago and adding a few items but still holding out hope for something like Jamie Garcia especial or sumtin.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 02:30:45 PM
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/5456780b3d8aa001f2e4a7a059022276.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 02:36:42 PM
Morning boys, decent deal on SD Cedrus on the monster if you want 10
Now bag of 5ers.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 02:37:56 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
Ooooh, that sounds lovely. Still raining like a motherfather here. I should look to cook something up.
Sun is out now, blue skies.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 02:39:04 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
...as most Seniors do....
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 02:50:46 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
...as most Seniors do....
most families, at least the way I was brought up, had a fancy early dinner on Sunday. just being a senior citizen makes everyday Sunday dinner. not to be confused with 6 Mondays and 1 Sunday per week.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 02:52:23 PM
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/5456780b3d8aa001f2e4a7a059022276.jpg)
A bit of a wonky burn.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 02:53:03 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
Ooooh, that sounds lovely. Still raining like a motherfather here. I should look to cook something up.
Sun is out now, blue skies.
Rain Is expected to return in a few minutes.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 03:01:03 PM
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/5456780b3d8aa001f2e4a7a059022276.jpg)
A bit of a wonky burn.
The burn self-corrected but the ash is flaky and dropping bits on my desk and lap.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 03:03:41 PM
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/5456780b3d8aa001f2e4a7a059022276.jpg)
A bit of a wonky burn.
The burn self-corrected but the ash is flaky and dropping bits on my desk and lap.
I'm like Tony that cigar sneaks up on me. Still love it but it can kick my arse
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 03:05:17 PM
Leaving work soon. Humi diving ASAP
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 03:14:37 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
...as most Seniors do....
most families, at least the way I was brought up, had a fancy early dinner on Sunday. just being a senior citizen makes everyday Sunday dinner. not to be confused with 6 Mondays and 1 Sunday per week.
Yea, but those Sunday dinners were around 2:00.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 03:16:17 PM
Leaving work soon. Humi diving ASAP
Don't want to hurry home for that Eagles - Bills game...
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 03:17:37 PM
Leaving work soon. Humi diving ASAP
Don't want to hurry home for that Eagles - Bills game...
Unless you're rooting for the Eagles.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 03:38:53 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
...as most Seniors do....
most families, at least the way I was brought up, had a fancy early dinner on Sunday. just being a senior citizen makes everyday Sunday dinner. not to be confused with 6 Mondays and 1 Sunday per week.
Yea, but those Sunday dinners were around 2:00.
well, I screwed up then. the carrots didn't get put in soon enough. or the meat, potatoes, onions, and celery.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: bluecollar on October 27, 2019, 03:52:15 PM
Leaving work soon. Humi diving ASAP
Don't want to hurry home for that Eagles - Bills game...
Bills fans were s excited before this game. Off to the best start in over a decade and just getting beat down to the Eagles sucks. They have ran all over us
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 03:56:20 PM
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder on fire in the man cave.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/5456780b3d8aa001f2e4a7a059022276.jpg)
A bit of a wonky burn.
The burn self-corrected but the ash is flaky and dropping bits on my desk and lap.
I'm like Tony that cigar sneaks up on me. Still love it but it can kick my arse
A full bodied smoke for sure.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 03:56:45 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
...as most Seniors do....
most families, at least the way I was brought up, had a fancy early dinner on Sunday. just being a senior citizen makes everyday Sunday dinner. not to be confused with 6 Mondays and 1 Sunday per week.
Yea, but those Sunday dinners were around 2:00.
well, I screwed up then. the carrots didn't get put in soon enough. or the meat, potatoes, onions, and celery.
Were you distracted?   :o
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 04:12:20 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
...as most Seniors do....
most families, at least the way I was brought up, had a fancy early dinner on Sunday. just being a senior citizen makes everyday Sunday dinner. not to be confused with 6 Mondays and 1 Sunday per week.
Yea, but those Sunday dinners were around 2:00.
well, I screwed up then. the carrots didn't get put in soon enough. or the meat, potatoes, onions, and celery.
Were you distracted?   :o
no. just relaxing.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 04:13:36 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 04:45:51 PM
pot roast braised and simmering. potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery cut and ready. plan on eating 4:30-5pm.
Ooooh, that sounds lovely. Still raining like a motherfather here. I should look to cook something up.
Sun is out now, blue skies.
Rain Is expected to return in a few minutes.
It never did. What? The weather guys don't know what the fuck they're talking about? Say it ain't so!

Soccer game starting now. Turns out baseball was a washout.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 05:21:16 PM
My son was goalie in the first half. Saved three or four nice shots. We're up 2-0 at the half.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 06:39:28 PM
My son was goalie in the first half. Saved three or four nice shots. We're up 2-0 at the half.
Yeah!  My son played goalie when he was about 6 years old.  He mostly watched birds and picked at the grass.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 06:40:28 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Crap, missed it. Any leftovers?
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 07:34:33 PM
My son was goalie in the first half. Saved three or four nice shots. We're up 2-0 at the half.
Yeah!  My son played goalie when he was about 6 years old.  He mostly watched birds and picked at the grass.
My son was that way too but now he's pretty serious about it. He only plays goalie about 1/4 of the time. He's usually a defender. He scored a few times this year which was new to him.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 07:37:54 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Crap, missed it. Any leftovers?
I made spaghetti with brown butter and sage sauce. Added chunks of pork belly and scallops too. It was a big hit. I have some leftovers if you're interested.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/993a0b3cc256e8ee4abaee1954efb9e7.jpg)
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on October 27, 2019, 08:11:18 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Crap, missed it. Any leftovers?
a little. my 84 year old buddy showed with his girlfiend. they brought a homemade cherry pie for dessert.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 27, 2019, 08:39:56 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Crap, missed it. Any leftovers?
a little. my 84 year old buddy showed with his girlfiend. they brought a homemade cherry pie for dessert.
Yum, cherry pie!
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: Threebean on October 27, 2019, 09:48:08 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Crap, missed it. Any leftovers?
I made spaghetti with brown butter and sage sauce. Added chunks of pork belly and scallops too. It was a big hit. I have some leftovers if you're interested.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/993a0b3cc256e8ee4abaee1954efb9e7.jpg)
Damn, looks delicious.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 09:51:36 PM
okay. put your smokes down, grab a drink, and find a seat. food will be served at 4:30 sharp.
Crap, missed it. Any leftovers?
I made spaghetti with brown butter and sage sauce. Added chunks of pork belly and scallops too. It was a big hit. I have some leftovers if you're interested.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/993a0b3cc256e8ee4abaee1954efb9e7.jpg)
Damn, looks delicious.
It should have been better. It was missing something. Maybe pecorino cheese? That being said, everyone asked for seconds.
Title: Re: 10/27/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 27, 2019, 11:46:11 PM
Looks like I was right about the home field disadvantage. We may be going 7 with this series. But I believe the Astros will win the whole thing.  Nice to win it at home too.