Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
11/27/2016
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:00:11 AM »

The darn elf is gone again in...Only 27 more nights!

Morning All

November 27 is............ Pins and Needles Day

Pins and Needles Day might not have its origins in what you think! Though when we say ‘pins and you think! Though when we say ‘pins and needles’ today, you’ll think of that tingly feeling you get when your leg goes to sleep, the original Pins and Needles Day started up in 1937 to commemorate the opening of the pro-Labor musical play of the same name on Broadway. The production would eventually have a massive 1108 performance run, but its namesake day has grown to mean something else entirely.

History of Pins and Needles Day

The Broadway Play was produced by the International Ladies Garment Workers’ Union, and told the story of a group of workers holding down a job during the American Labor movement. It first graced the stage from 1937 to 1940, but did appear again in 1978 and appeared on London stages as recently as 2010. The cast of the original production was made up of sewing machine workers, cutters and basters who simply wanted to do something a little creative in their free time – the play would end up to be so successful that the cast members, who up until then were only able to rehearse at weekends – were able to quit their day jobs and take part in a full 8-weekly show performance schedule.

Pins and Needles was written by Harold Rome, a true Renaissance man who played piano in local dance bands while writing music, studying architecture, and pursuing a law degree at the prestigious Yale University. He brought all of those skills together when he produced Pins and Needles, and created a legend that would live on through the ages while pursuing a form of social justice little heard of its time.

New Orleans (WWL TV) Ten shot, one killed on Bourbon Street

One of the ten people shot on Bourbon Street early Sunday morning has died.

According to NOPD, ten people were shot near the intersection of Iberville and Bourbon Streets. One of the victims, only identified as a male, has died. No other information is currently available.

Two arrests were made for illegal carrying of a firearm.

The rest of the story:

Thirty police officers were already in the same block as part of extra patrols following the earlier Bayou Classic college football game and were able to respond quickly.

The Bayou Classic is the annual college football game between the Grambling State University Tigers and the Southern University Jaguars.

Another cloudy dreary day here but at least not a cold day.  59 now up to 73 this afternoon.

Texas Hat Company Makes Commemorative President Trump Cowboy Hat…

TEXAS – It was through acquaintances that [American Hat Co.] was asked to make Trump an authentic cowboy hat. Mundee said Trump, during a campaign stop recently, had mentioned the quality of Texas Agriculture Commissioner Sid Miller’s cowboy hat. Treasure Maddox, daughter of American Hat Co. owners Keith and Susan Maddox, and her significant other, Andrew Graves, are acquaintances with Eric Trump, Donald Trump’s second oldest son.

It was after the night of the Nov. 8 election that Eric had asked if American Hat Co. could make a custom hat for his father. Soon after, the manufacturer was at work getting measurements ready as well as the materials befitting the president of the United States.

“It morphed into now we’re making hats for Eric, for Don Jr. and for Mike Pence as well,” Mundee said.

Mundee said the Trump family requested a light-colored hat versus black, so the manufacturer went with a silverish tone. The material is a mixture of beaver belly fur and mink, making the hat soft as silk. The crown, or top of the hat, is done in a cattleman’s style. He said this specific style of hat is widely known as the finest in the cowboy market.

And it’s not just the material that American Hat Co. uses that puts their stamp on the product. It’s also the gold foil stamp on the inside band that also illustrates its quality, as well as the Keith Maddox mark of “KM” on the brim of the hat. The hat retails for about $2,800.

College Students Demand Police Investigate "Suck It Up, Pussies" Post-It Note

Today we learn of yet another campus full of disaffected Hillary snowflakes who were triggered by a post-it note suggesting that they should stop whining about the election and just "suck it up, pussies."  This latest example comes to us from Edgewood College in the ultra-liberal bastion of Madison, Wisconsin via Campus Reform.

Apparently the simple post-it note was determined to be a "hate crime" by the college's "diversity offices" and students with knowledge of the incident were encouraged to contact campus police.  To our complete shock, a message from Edgewood's Vice President for Student Development pinned the blame for the "hate crime" on Trump, saying that it is part of a growing trend of "covert micro-aggressions and overt macro-aggressions" that have "taken on new fervor in higher education since our national election."

Guess we must mention Cigars so:  once again the early morning offerings suck.

The darn elf is gone again in...Only 27 more nights!
Yea, but how many more years will you have to do it?

Good morning boys, about to drop the puck here

[...]

Always thought Wisconsiners were more practical.

Guess we must mention Cigars so:  once again the early morning offerings suck.
Received my Warheads and Neanderthals yesterday. The Warheads are almost panatellas

Chicken kickin' is truly good for the soul.

Morning CarolinaDave and WhatThePuckFishy.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7