CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: 6/1/2014  (Read 39745 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 6/1/2014
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 12:52:17 PM »

So where are you guys adding the avi's, I wonder if it's just not set up for doing this from the phone?
Good morning, gents and thanks for the kind words.  Unfortunately Chip, it's gonna take a little exploring to find all the bells and whistles, even for me.  Let me look now and I'll post the details.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »

So where are you guys adding the avi's, I wonder if it's just not set up for doing this from the phone?

From the profile link.  From there, modify profile -> forum profile.

Thanks, Will.  Also, it's kinda nice not having to put in separators when quoting.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

No biggie, I just didn't see any options but I can do it when I get home.
Thank you sir.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »

Thanks, Will.  Also, it's kinda nice not having to put in separators when quoting.

Indeed.  Having basic formatting is a big step.  But really, we need subforums.  Having a daily banter type thread is well and good, but something for reviews, herf info, deals, group buys, etc.  Because it's hard to build a community with no permanence to anything anyone makes. CI is a huge fucking retailer and after 5 years of a forum they have what?  40 regulars on the banter?  I'd say that's because they did a shit-ass job of creating a community (or rather, they didn't; they just made a website to post things like it was the internet from 1994).

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »

Will you have review section?
Hot deals section?
Did you do this so all the cigar Co. Will send you free sticks? Nice scam. ;)

Yes, yes, not sure I want that, believe it or not.  There will eventually be a front page and this banter will be a link off of it.  Currently, I'm just redirecting the main URL here because there is nothing else.  Not really sure if these are bic servers or not but I can always upgrade if we start to see issues... and if I feel like spending more money.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »

Indeed.  Having basic formatting is a big step.  But really, we need subforums.  Having a daily banter type thread is well and good, but something for reviews, herf info, deals, group buys, etc.  Because it's hard to build a community with no permanence to anything anyone makes. CI is a huge fucking retailer and after 5 years of a forum they have what?  40 regulars on the banter?  I'd say that's because they did a shit-ass job of creating a community (or rather, they didn't; they just made a website to post things like it was the internet from 1994).
Yeah.  It took a lot of effort for me to bastardize this thing as not to blow anyone away with too drastic a change.  We'll get there.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »

Anyhoo, gotta run.  Apparently the wife is already pissed that I was up all night doing this shit.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 01:14:50 PM »

Yeah.  It took a lot of effort for me to bastardize this thing as not to blow anyone away with too drastic a change.  We'll get there.

Are we there yet?

dwgbryant

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »

Anyhoo, gotta run.  Apparently the wife is already pissed that I was up all night doing this shit.
I'm not going to say what I'm thinking. does she NOT like sleeping alone?

dwgbryant

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »

I can see my post count at CI slowing down.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »

I can see my post count at CI slowing down.

Pretty much no reason to post at CI aside from the people who already post there.  The text formatting here alone makes it worth switching, much less anything else.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 02:01:38 PM »

Started a LGC Retro Club.  Draw is just about right on this one--this whole batch has been pretty tight so far. 

Flavor-wise, they just never quite as much as the Millonario or SL Connie or Cubano Claro, or FdS.  Better than the run of the mill whatever cheapie and not bad but I just can't see myself buying any more of them.

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »

Well...fuck me!!!! Well done, Anthony!!! I can't only imagine how many cuss words and dirty avi's we all are going to have!!! Dean is going to have a field day with this!!! Had a d.5 earlier...as always, very good!!!

Sooner Jeff

• Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »

New site...same ol' need to proof read the posts before sending...I CAN only imagine!!!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 02:16:53 PM »

Well...fuck me!!!! Well done, Anthony!!! I can't only imagine how many cuss words and dirty avi's we all are going to have!!! Dean is going to have a field day with this!!! Had a d.5 earlier...as always, very good!!!

Cbid!  Ccom!  Breasts!  Nazi! 

It is glorious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13