Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

dwgbryant

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »

Good morning, fellas.  Only half way done with Chips morning announcements but was afraid it'd be afternoon if I didn't stop to say hi.  Sheesh, each one is super long today, huh?
Dear Tony,
         I'm writing this post because I understand you don't read so fast.
Love,
      Dean
LMAO.  Turns out I was done when I said half way.  Chip usually breaks 'em up into smaller chunks.  Good morning, Deano.  How did date night go?  And more importantly, where you going for lunch?
still at the 'friend's house', made her pancakes, New Hope Mills buttermilk, local old paddle wheel stone ground mix. doing lunch with daughter and her Fresh Air Fund girl at the Lakeside dining at the Ramada on Seneca Lake at noon.
/// Afternoon guys.  Dean, I would have no idea what you're talking about except old girlfriend (still friends) shot me an e-mail early this morning  & said she and her daughter are doing some activity with a close family who is hosting a "Fresh Air Fund" girl from NY (their third time doing this).  Hope you are having a good time with her & your daughter.)
great time sly. she's a 12 year old from the Bronks.

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

Time for me to bolt. Hazzuh!
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »

had a nice lunch. beautiful day.
  You gotta be proud of your daughter, Dean.  Real happy she invited you to join them.
Beautiful spot.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

Time for me to bolt. Hazzuh!
later Dave.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2014, 03:06:07 PM »

she liked my pancakes.
Hi Dean... Are you headed for Florida yet...?
the 27th of this month.

19 days.
Cheer up, Dean. It's only 18 days if you know how to math. ;)
How was your excursion, Dave?  How about that Tiger, huh?  Did you come back home to a wife feeling even better than when you had gone?
Excursion was great times. Wife felt worse when I came home, but that's only because she spent yesterday cleaning the house for the oldest's bday party tonight. But I'll accept that pain, if it means she cleaned up a little. Haha.
We're continuing the birthday weekend here too.  My eldest turned 11 on Thursday.  I'm going to pick her up now from grandma's house because the ladies are going to a fashion show.  I'll be mowing and smoking.  See y'all later.
Let me jump on the bandwagon...we're celebrating my son's birthday today as he heads back to school next week.  Actual birthday is on Dean's moving day.  He'll probably be doing a few more shots than the other birthday folks.
Buddy invited me to join his table last night at the annual K of C Fish Club Crab Feast (I have the cuts on my fingers to prove it.  Freshly steamed crabs, melted butter, Old Bay, fresh smoked pork BBQ, corn on the cob, cole slaw, hot dogs, Mac n Cheese ... mucho pitchers of Bud or ML (good with crabs ... lots of it).  Didn't know it was his birthday until his sister showed up with a birthday card ... sheesh ... I was embarrassed ... good thing I had an unopened aging bottle of Woodford Reserve in the back of my SUV & some decent cigars.  We repaired to the covered porch area & the birthday boy & friends/family enjoyed the bourbon & San Miguel torps.  Nice night, which is why I slept in this morning. What's for breakfast ... pancakes or Chicken pot pie?  I do have half a Key Lime pie.
Sounds like a helluva night, Steve. Glad you enjoyed.
  Dave, it was & you would have enjoyed it & felt comfortable ... couple of the guys at the table were your size.  They never ran out of crabs, even though sold out at 290 people!
Never had crabs myself, but I'm sure those guys gave the kitchen a run for their money. Haha.
Pit crew of Fish Club members were just outside on concrete patio under canopy, just steaming them away in big pots ... as just inside the windows, we're inside chatting away and chowing down.  Normally I would rather just wait for a sale and buy a pound of Chesapeake Bay Blue Backfin crab in a plastic container, where someone else has already done the picking, and I just need to blend ingredients and make 4-5 crabcakes and freeze the ones I don't need to sautee at the time (along with corn on the cob, potato salad, baked beans, etc.).
But a crab feast, is really about the social thing, people picking away, drinking beer and chatting.  Throw down the newspaper or butcher's paper, pull out the wooden mallets and/or crab claw plier like crackers and go to town.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »

had a nice lunch. beautiful day.
  You gotta be proud of your daughter, Dean.  Real happy she invited you to join them.
Beautiful spot.
thanks Sly.
AAA maps came today. TripTix to where I'm going, maps of: Northeastern States, Southeastern states, Florida, Key West and Florida Keys. didn't know paper maps still existed.
1,233.6 miles, 18 hours 27 minutes. continuous driving I'd have to average 67 MPH. ha, that ain't going to happen.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2014, 03:12:52 PM »

had a nice lunch. beautiful day.
  You gotta be proud of your daughter, Dean.  Real happy she invited you to join them.
Beautiful spot.
thanks Sly.
AAA maps came today. TripTix to where I'm going, maps of: Northeastern States, Southeastern states, Florida, Key West and Florida Keys. didn't know paper maps still existed.
1,233.6 miles, 18 hours 27 minutes. continuous driving I'd have to average 67 MPH. ha, that ain't going to happen.
I wish you could stop by the DC area for a herf, but it would mean going out of your way into a more high traffic area AND now, it looks like I'll be away that week (shoot).  I rarely travel, so wouldn't you know I won't be around then.  Hope you have a great trip.  I was just at AAA getting an International Driving Permit and saw all the maps they have ... that is a valuable service if you do much traveling.
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »

[...]
Sly are you smoking whit us to night ?

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »

[...]

Enough a'ready with the food talk!  You makin' me HUNGRY now thanks to you and Dean. Sheesh!
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2014, 05:13:52 PM »

[...]

go eat Mike.

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2014, 05:47:44 PM »

FYI, I'll be running way late for the herf this evening.  We're meeting some friends for dinner now.  Luckily it's a big smoke so I'm hoping most of y'all will still be around.

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »

If you go to http://cigarbanter.com/forum/index.php/topic,85.0.html, you will see the calendar entry where the eherf pics will be posted tonight.

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2014, 06:48:46 PM »

FYI, I'll be running way late for the herf this evening.  We're meeting some friends for dinner now.  Luckily it's a big smoke so I'm hoping most of y'all will still be around.
Of course you will. Sheesh!
Logged

dogdays

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2014, 06:49:33 PM »

FYI, I'll be running way late for the herf this evening.  We're meeting some friends for dinner now.  Luckily it's a big smoke so I'm hoping most of y'all will still be around.
Of course you will. Sheesh!
+1
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]