Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

  • Administrator
8/4/2014
« on: August 04, 2014, 12:00:03 AM »

Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:15:45 AM »

Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:55:16 AM »

I just got a chill when I woke up and saw this lone post.  I'm hoping it's just that Chip got to sleep in today.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:04:42 AM »

I just got a chill when I woke up and saw this lone post.  I'm hoping it's just that Chip got to sleep in today.
Good morning Tony, I just had to go in earlier than normal so I had to give up my quiet time this morning.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:01 AM »

Today is Monday, August 4, the 216th day of 2014. There are 149 days left in the year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:22 AM »

Today's Highlight in History:

On August 4, 1944, 15-year-old diarist Anne Frank was arrested with her sister, parents and four others by the Gestapo after hiding for two years inside a building in Amsterdam. (Anne and her sister, Margot, died the following year at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:47 AM »

In 1735, a jury found John Peter Zenger of the New York Weekly Journal not guilty of committing seditious libel against the colonial governor of New York, William Cosby.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:11 AM »

In 1790, the Coast Guard had its beginnings as the Revenue Cutter Service.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 04:54:41 AM »

In 1892, Andrew and Abby Borden were axed to death in their home in Fall River, Massachusetts. Lizzie Borden, Andrew's daughter from a previous marriage, was accused of the killings, but acquitted at trial.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 04:55:03 AM »

In 1914, Britain declared war on Germany for invading Belgium; the United States proclaimed its neutrality in the mushrooming world conflict.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 04:55:27 AM »

In 1914, Britain declared war on Germany for invading Belgium; the United States proclaimed its neutrality in the mushrooming world conflict.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 04:55:54 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Singer Frankie Ford is 75. Actress-singer Tina Cole is 71. Actor-comedian Richard Belzer is 70. Football Hall-of-Famer John Riggins is 65. Former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is 59. Actor-screenwriter Billy Bob Thornton is 59. Actress Kym Karath (Film: "The Sound of Music") is 56. Hall of Fame track star Mary Decker Slaney is 56. Actress Lauren Tom is 55. President Barack Obama is 53. Producer Michael Gelman (TV: "Live! With Kelly and Michael") is 53. Retired MLB All-Star pitcher Roger Clemens is 52. Actress Crystal Chappell is 49. Author Dennis Lehane is 49. Rock musician Rob Cieka (Boo Radleys) is 46. Actor Daniel Dae Kim is 46. Actor Michael DeLuise is 45. Actor Ron Lester is 44. Race car driver Jeff Gordon is 43. Rapper-actress Yo-Yo is 43. Country singer Jon Nicholson is 41. Rhythm-and-blues singer-actor Marques (MAR'-kus) Houston is 33. Actress Meghan Markle is 33. Actress Greta Gerwig is 31. Country singer Crystal Bowersox (TV: "American Idol") is 29. Rock singer Tom Parker (The Wanted) is 26. Actors Cole and Dylan Sprouse are 22. Singer Jessica Sanchez (TV: "American Idol") is 19.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 04:56:19 AM »

Thought for Today: "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." — Anne Frank (1929-1945).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/4/2014
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 04:57:12 AM »

Forrest Gump
-------------------------

The day finally arrived; Forrest Gump dies and goes to Heaven. He is at the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. However, the gates are closed and Forrest approaches the Gatekeeper.

St. Peter says, "Well, Forrest, it's certainly good to see you. We have heard a lot about you. I must tell you, though, that the place is filling up fast, and we've been administering an entrance examination for everyone. The test is short, but you have to pass it before you can get into Heaven."

Forrest responds, "It shor is good to be here , St. Peter, sir. But nobody ever tolt me about any entrance exam. Shor hope the test ain't too hard; life was a big enough test as it was."

St. Peter goes on, "Yes, I know, Forrest, but the test is only three questions.

First: What two days of the week begin with the letter T?

Second: How many seconds are there in a year?

Third: What is God's first name?"

Forrest leaves to think the questions over. He returns the next day and sees St. Peter, who waves him up and says, "Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers."

Forrest says, "Well, the first one -- which two days in the week begin with the letter "T"? Shucks, that one's easy. That'd be Today and Tomorrow.

The Saint's eyes open wide and he exclaims, "Forrest, that's not what I was thinking, but you do have a point, and I guess I didn't specify, so I'll give you credit for that answer. How about the next one?" asks St. P eter. "How many seconds in a year?"

"Now that one's harder," says Forrest, "but I thunk and thunk about that and I guess the only answer can be twelve."

Astounded, St. Peter says, "Twelve? Twelve!? Forrest, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?"

Forrest says "Shucks, there's gotta be twelve: January 2nd, February
2nd, March 2nd. . . ...."

"Hold it, " interrupts St. Peter. "I see where you're going with this, and I see your point, though that wasn't quite what I had in mind..... but I'll have to give you credit for that one, too. Let's go on with the third and final question. Can you tell me God's first name"?

"Sure", Forrest replied, "its Howard."

"Howard?!" exclaimed an exasperated and frustrated St. Peter. "Ok, I can understand how you came up with your answers to my first two questions, but just how in the world did you come up with the name Howard as the first name of God?"

"Shucks, that was the easiest one of all, " Forrest replied. "Don't you know the Our Father?  Our father who art in heaven, Howard be thy name. . ."

St. Peter opened the Pearly Gates and said: "Run Forrest, run."

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51:57 AM »

Hmmm, I haven't bought anything in quite a while.  I like the Concerts that cigar.com has up but not sure aboot the hairy dog.  I may have to rustle one out of the humi and smoke it tomorrow and then make my final decision on that deal.  Anyhoo, good night lurkers.
FWIW, the Hair of the Dog is one of my new favorites. Morning Chip, lurkers.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19