CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: 8/3/2014  (Read 23619 times)

glassken

Re: 8/3/2014
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 12:15:23 AM »

How'd it go tonight, NJDave?
Good, not great.  Couple of people I was really glad to see, kind of boring otherwise.  RIP list was too long.
That sucks about the RIP list, though.

glassken

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 12:17:53 AM »

Hey Antnee--what happened to that phone call? 

Still working on that Dark Rituals.  What's on fire over here?
You are right, I'm sorry bro.  I was hoping to see you so that I could give you the money for the Cuabas.  I may just PayPal you the money and ask you to send it.  Did y'all finally finalize a time for the herf?

Approximate time is The Future.  We're working on a time machine so maybe we can do it in the past. 

I wanted to make sure everyone got their smokes this week, no fuck ups with the mail or anything before anything was set in stone.  Aiming for the 8th, 9th, or 10th.  I figure we need an early start time, 7-8PM EST, unless the guys are willing to smoke until the wee hours of the morning.  Really, any day or time would work for me.
Will, I sent them out on my end Friday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 12:19:20 AM »

Good, not great.  Couple of people I was really glad to see, kind of boring otherwise.  RIP list was too long.
That sucks about the RIP list, though.
All part of the progression.  Just starting on the "other" causes.  Most to date have been more or less unnecessary.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 12:19:37 AM »

You are right, I'm sorry bro.  I was hoping to see you so that I could give you the money for the Cuabas.  I may just PayPal you the money and ask you to send it.  Did y'all finally finalize a time for the herf?

Approximate time is The Future.  We're working on a time machine so maybe we can do it in the past. 

I wanted to make sure everyone got their smokes this week, no fuck ups with the mail or anything before anything was set in stone.  Aiming for the 8th, 9th, or 10th.  I figure we need an early start time, 7-8PM EST, unless the guys are willing to smoke until the wee hours of the morning.  Really, any day or time would work for me.

Indeed.  And thanks again for ordering and mailing out those other smokes. 

I was thinking of posting up a quick roster with status.  As they arrive, whoever would just send you or me a PM and it would be updated. 

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 12:20:01 AM »

Well, that was different.  Hey, Tony, it looks like the board randomly quoted the shit out of stuff.

glassken

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 12:23:38 AM »

Will, I am going to send a PM to all, and ask to copy you to when they arrive. You never know about the USPS. DD is 300 miles, and Bret over 2000 mi. Bret could get it before dd! Just saying.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »

"That's all for me for the night. Have a great evening, all. Stop sweating the small stuff." Okay, now I'm insulted! Making fun of my small stuff!
I thought he was making a self deprecating remark.
Yes, that is why I typed that. He has to get tired of that, but thats life. I worked with a guy who was 6' 10", and one night he told me he was sick of the tall jokes. He said he was 6' 6" in 7th grade. He was going on about being normal, and I said you are not! He looked hurt. But I was 38 yrs at the time and I had met thousands of people, and never met someone as tall as him. He was not the norm. He accepted that description, and I'm sure he hear's all of the jokes, and comments to this day.
Joe and I are the same height.  Only difference is that I'm fat too.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »

You didn't bring anyone home?  Deano would have.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 12:31:52 AM »

I'm still going to buy the one we discussed but I already have one so we can herf anytime.

glassken

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 12:32:57 AM »

"That's all for me for the night. Have a great evening, all. Stop sweating the small stuff." Okay, now I'm insulted! Making fun of my small stuff!
I thought he was making a self deprecating remark.
Yes, that is why I typed that. He has to get tired of that, but thats life. I worked with a guy who was 6' 10", and one night he told me he was sick of the tall jokes. He said he was 6' 6" in 7th grade. He was going on about being normal, and I said you are not! He looked hurt. But I was 38 yrs at the time and I had met thousands of people, and never met someone as tall as him. He was not the norm. He accepted that description, and I'm sure he hear's all of the jokes, and comments to this day.
Joe and I are the same height.  Only difference is that I'm fat too.
I'm fat and short! 5' 9". and a huge head that looks way out of place. And I'm ugly. So, got all of y'all beat! Warden says I'm good looking, bless her heart!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »

Well, that was different.  Hey, Tony, it looks like the board randomly quoted the shit out of stuff.
I was wondering what happened there.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »

Obvious answer is CB's fault.  He also put the Gurks up at CI. 

glassken

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 12:42:33 AM »

Will, those gurks are small batch! A batch that never ends!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 12:46:56 AM »

Will, those gurks are small batch! A batch that never ends!

Apparently the 1996 crop was a very, very large small batch. 

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »

Cigar? Do you age turbos in or out of turbos in your humi?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10