Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 02:26:07 AM »

In 1957, the United States and Canada agreed to create the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 02:26:54 AM »

In 1966, Charles Joseph Whitman, 25, went on a shooting rampage at the University of Texas in Austin, killing 14 people. Whitman, who had also slain his wife and mother hours earlier, was gunned down by police.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:17 AM »

In 1971, the Concert for Bangladesh, organized by George Harrison and Ravi Shankar, took place at New York's Madison Square Garden.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:45 AM »

In 1981, the rock music video channel MTV made its debut.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 02:28:11 AM »

In 2007, the eight-lane Interstate 35W bridge, a major Minneapolis artery, collapsed into the Mississippi River during evening rush hour, killing 13 people.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 02:29:05 AM »

Ten years ago: The federal government warned of possible al-Qaida terrorist attacks against specific financial institutions in New York City, Washington and Newark, New Jersey. A supermarket fire on the outskirts of Asuncion, Paraguay, killed more than 400 people. World Trade Organization members meeting in Geneva approved a plan to end export subsidies on farm products and cut import duties across the world. Karen Stupples won the Women's British Open. Alexandra Scott, a young cancer patient who'd started a lemonade stand to raise money for cancer research, sparking a nationwide fund-raising campaign, died at her home in Wynnewood, Pennsylvania, at age eight.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »

Five years ago: A fierce storm caused an outdoor stage at the Big Valley Jamboree in Camrose, Alberta, Canada, to collapse, killing one person and injuring dozens of others. A gunman opened fired at a gay youth center in Tel Aviv, Israel, killing two people. Former Philippine President Corazon Aquino, 76, died in Manila. Naomi Sims, 61, believed to be the first black supermodel, died in Newark, New Jersey.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »

One year ago: President Barack Obama faced congressional critics of the National Security Agency's collection of Americans' telephone records as he and Vice President Joe Biden joined lawmakers on both sides of the issue for an Oval Office meeting. Defying the United States, Russia granted Edward Snowden temporary asylum, allowing the National Security Agency leaker to slip out of the Moscow airport where he had been holed up for weeks. Actress-producer Gail Kobe, 81, died in Woodland Hills, California.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 02:31:25 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor-director Geoffrey Holder is 84. Singer Ramblin' Jack Elliott is 83. Nannie Ruth Carson Morris (My Mother) is 78, Former Sen. Alfonse D'Amato is 77. Actor Giancarlo Giannini is 72. Basketball Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams is 64. Blues singer-musician Robert Cray is 61. Singer Michael Penn is 56. Rock singer Joe Elliott (Def Leppard) is 55. Rock singer-musician Suzi Gardner (L7) is 54. Rapper Chuck D (Public Enemy) is 54. Actor Jesse Borrego is 52. Actor Demian Bichir is 51. Rapper Coolio is 51. Actor John Carroll Lynch is 51. Rock singer Adam Duritz (Counting Crows) is 50. Movie director Sam Mendes is 49. Country singer George Ducas is 48. Country musician Charlie Kelley is 46. Actress Jennifer Gareis is 44. Actor Charles Malik Whitfield is 42. Actress Tempestt Bledsoe is 41. Actor Jason Momoa is 35. Singer Ashley Parker Angel is 33. Actress Taylor Fry is 33. Actor Elijah Kelley is 28. Actor James Francis Kelly is 25. Actress Ella Wahlestedt (Film: "Earth to Echo") is 16.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 02:32:26 AM »

Thought for Today: "Middle age snuffs out more talent than ever wars or sudden deaths do." — Richard Hughes, Welsh author and dramatist (1900-1976).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 02:33:03 AM »

Crystal Ball
-------------------------

During a recent outing in New Orleans, a woman sneaked off to visit a fortune teller of some local repute. In a dark and hazy room, peering into a crystal ball, the mystic delivered grave news. "There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just be blunt: Prepare yourself to be a widow. Your husband will die a violent and horrible death this year."

Visibly shaken, the woman stared at the fortune teller's lined face, then at the single flickering candle, then down at her hands. She took a few deep breaths to compose herself. She simply had to know. She met the fortune teller's gaze, steadied her voice, and asked,

"Will I be acquitted?"
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »

Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 05:47:45 AM »

Time for a triple sheesh.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/1/2014
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 05:49:50 AM »

Good morning Short stack, it looks like it's just you and I this morning.

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2014, 05:51:02 AM »

It's a good thing I woke up because I forgot I was on "Tooth Fairy" duty tonight for two of the kids.  Is it normal that it should stress me out the way it does?  Anyhoo, mission accomplished without detection and it's back to bed for me.
That can be a tough road to walk, I understand your stress. My oldest is a very light sleeper. Took us a couple of tries last time. Morning, all.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15