CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: 7/26/2014  (Read 27678 times)

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/26/2014
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 06:21:04 AM »

Morning, all. Glad your mom is on the upswing, Chip.
i have been out of the loop around here for awhile, how is your wife doing?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 06:29:56 AM »

No problem, I haven't been here since Monday myself. She's doing as well as can be expected, I guess, when you have a tube sticking out of your back. Procedure itself went well enough, but she still has the drain line in, which causes all sorts of pain. Should have it out sometime next week, which will be a big step. Then I won't have to change the dressing around it anymore, and she won't have to sit and sleep in funky positions just so she doesn't bump against anything. Been a rough couple of days, should get better once it's out.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 06:39:41 AM »

Good Morning LSU, Short Stqck and Golfing Dave. 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 06:42:13 AM »

No problem, I haven't been here since Monday myself. She's doing as well as can be expected, I guess, when you have a tube sticking out of your back. Procedure itself went well enough, but she still has the drain line in, which causes all sorts of pain. Should have it out sometime next week, which will be a big step. Then I won't have to change the dressing around it anymore, and she won't have to sit and sleep in funky positions just so she doesn't bump against anything. Been a rough couple of days, should get better once it's out.
Glad to hear your Wife is improving Dave hopefully they will be able to get that tube out very soon

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 06:42:59 AM »

Time to finally sit and enjoy a cigar, it's been weeks since I have had something. This #60 has been resting for the last 30 months now.
Very nice one to come back to!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:40 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Hope your Mom is improving.If You are off enjoy the day.
Good morning Sir, she is improving everyday but still has a very long road ahead, she has 24 hour a day sitters so my brothers and I and our wives can rest now and know she is in good hands.
Glad to hear about the improvement for your Mom and certainly good to get some help for her to relieve you and the family. 

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2014, 06:46:36 AM »

That does sound like she has been put through a wringer, hopefully you have had some help with the children the week.  I hope she gets better soon and your family can get back to normal pretty quickly, I really understand the problems with dealing with health issues after the last couple of weeks.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »

Good job Nurse Dave....I'm sure she appreciates it.  Once that drain gets removed, I'm sure she'll bounce back real quickly.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 06:52:48 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Shortstack.
Almost to 50 posts there Mr. Stack....good deal!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2014, 06:56:32 AM »

That does sound like she has been put through a wringer, hopefully you have had some help with the children the week.  I hope she gets better soon and your family can get back to normal pretty quickly, I really understand the problems with dealing with health issues after the last couple of weeks.
Between my and my wife's parents we have dealt with it all both mental and physical and it is mentally and physical anguishing for you beyond belief when a family member is severely ill to the point of restricting basic activities.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2014, 06:57:23 AM »

Morning 3-day weekend Dave. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »

Good job Nurse Dave....I'm sure she appreciates it.  Once that drain gets removed, I'm sure she'll bounce back real quickly.
Yeah, I've gotten to be quite the pro at changing the bandaging around it. Even did it this morning before I came to work.

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2014, 07:02:57 AM »

Good morning Travelin Dave and Native.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:43 AM »

Morning 3-day weekend Dave.
   :)   :D   ;D

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2014, 07:07:42 AM »

Yeah, I've gotten to be quite the pro at changing the bandaging around it. Even did it this morning before I came to work.
Good for you Dave, my wife has concerns about my abilities to ever do such if she gets real sick.  My Mother was a nurse and my brother is a doctor but I can't hardly stand to even walk in a hospital to visit someone. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12