CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: 3/16/2016  (Read 18414 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 3/16/2016
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2016, 05:40:01 PM »

MAY THE STUPID BE WITH YOU: COLLEGE GOES ON LOCKDOWN BECAUSE SOMEONE THOUGHT A LIGHTSABER WAS A GUN

Farmingdale State College on New York’s Long Island went into lockdown earlier today and students were advised to “shelter in place” after someone called 911 because they saw a man in a campus parking lot armed with a dangerous weapon…

That dangerous weapon turned out to be a lightsaber.

Police responded around 9:40 am thinking someone was assembling a rifle on a college campus. What they found was a student “heavily armed” with a toy Star Wars lightsaber.
Spoiler Alert
Wielded correctly, some folks have a lost an arm to the real weapon, others died.
 One son even killed his father.  but those were "real ones" in the movie.  don't think the toy ones
are that dangerous.
Somewhere, somehow, in this very planet, someone has caused death or bodily injury with a toy lightsaber. So somewhere, inevitably, there is someone planning to introduce legislation to ban them, because they believe that if we just had enough laws, no one would have to die.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2016, 05:40:06 PM »

Time to call it an evening, later all.
good night Dave & Sly

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2016, 05:40:53 PM »

MAY THE STUPID BE WITH YOU: COLLEGE GOES ON LOCKDOWN BECAUSE SOMEONE THOUGHT A LIGHTSABER WAS A GUN

Farmingdale State College on New York’s Long Island went into lockdown earlier today and students were advised to “shelter in place” after someone called 911 because they saw a man in a campus parking lot armed with a dangerous weapon…

That dangerous weapon turned out to be a lightsaber.

Police responded around 9:40 am thinking someone was assembling a rifle on a college campus. What they found was a student “heavily armed” with a toy Star Wars lightsaber.
Spoiler Alert
Wielded correctly, some folks have a lost an arm to the real weapon, others died.
 One son even killed his father.  but those were "real ones" in the movie.  don't think the toy ones
are that dangerous.
Somewhere, somehow, in this very planet, someone has caused death or bodily injury with a toy lightsaber. So somewhere, inevitably, there is someone planning to introduce legislation to ban them, because they believe that if we just had enough laws, no one would have to die.
the same could be said for a melon baller, or a shrimp fork.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »

Time to call it an evening, later all.
Sleep tight

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2016, 06:22:35 PM »

The King of the Idiots Strikes Again

DOJ Confirms: Rifle From Obama Administration’s Operation Fast and Furious Found at ‘El Chapo’ Hideout

WASHINGTON (TheBlaze/AP) — One of the guns that Mexican officials say was found at the hideout of drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Loera has been found to be associated with Fast and Furious, a failed “gun-walking” operation, according to the Justice Department.

The department said in a letter to members of Congress that a .50-caliber rifle that Mexican officials sent for tracing after Guzman’s arrest in January has been connected to Fast and Furious. Fox News reported in January that one of the guns was tied to the controversial operation, but the Justice Department has not confirmed it until now.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2016, 07:10:46 PM »

SHEESH!!!!!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

Trying to get us to 18 but it ain't easy!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #232 on: March 16, 2016, 08:09:23 PM »

Double SHEESH!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #233 on: March 16, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »

I am going to be leaving soon myself.
take care guys, had another cigar last evening
a Dominican Big Leaguer toro, in the natural wrapper.
Apparently Flip didn't leave when he said because I just saw him at the train station on my way home.

I'm hoping to make it back before my 10:pm conference call. Maybe I'll get to squeeze in dinner too.

Sheesh on the whole shit day.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2016, 08:27:56 PM »

Apparently Flip didn't leave when he said because I just saw him at the train station on my way home.

I'm hoping to make it back before my 10:pm conference call. Maybe I'll get to squeeze in dinner too.
Jeez man you are working late now and then late again @ 10:00.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2016, 08:30:21 PM »

Trying to get us to 18 but it ain't easy!
I think page 16 on the 16th day of the month of the 16th year of the millennium would be pretty cool.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2016, 08:31:46 PM »

Jeez man you are working late now and then late again @ 10:00.
I'm sure people are worse off than me. At least I have a job... My bosses keep telling me that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #237 on: March 16, 2016, 08:36:00 PM »

You guys, sorry for not being on regularly, then coming on so strong ... it does show I value you guys and what you think on many subjects.
I lost a friend to cancer on Sunday night.  His lovely wife called me on Monday to let me know that he had lost his battle, and asked me to lead some prayers tonight at his wake (the funeral is tomorrow) ... I certainly had other plans for this week, so it was try stunning to see how things can change so quickly.  He was a really fine guy, husband, father, grandfather (younger than me).  He was a highly awarded Producer for Nightline with Ted Koppel, who remains a family friend. He was one of Ted's top Producer's, traveled all over the world for stories (I think picked up Hepatitis C along the way which he suffered with), had a mantle full of Emmy's, but was very humble, not boastful at all.  He and his son became very involved with a program (in my church) which helps support two orphanages in Zambia, populated by children whose parents have died of AIDS.  He expressed interest in having a cigar together, sometime, but his sometimes ill health kept me from pushing it.  He was a great guy.  May God rest Jay's soul in peace.  Now, I need to get ready.  So, thanks for listening, it's been weighing on me.  Such a good man.
Sorry to hear it, Sly. My condolences to your family and his.

+1 on the condolences, Sly. I'm leaving work a little early tomorrow to attend the wake of an old family friend. Wish I could say it was the last one I would be attending but I doubt it.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #238 on: March 16, 2016, 11:04:35 PM »

Sorry for your loss Sly
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]