Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 214557 times)

CigarBanter

  • Administrator

Cigarbanter.com will be flipless until further notice.  Please continue to talk cigars!  And smoke them in good health.

Sorry, to hear that. Grand Father, or Father?
My dad.  Leaving for the funeral (Italy) in the morning.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:28:24 AM »

Cigarbanter.com will be flipless until further notice.  Please continue to talk cigars!  And smoke them in good health.
My condolences & prayers, Tony.  "Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.  May his soul and all of the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.  Amen.  Resquiat in pacem."

Much appreciated, Sly and Ken.
Logged

glassken

  • Guest

Much appreciated, Sly and Ken.
Tony, if there is anything I can do let me know.

Much appreciated, Sly and Ken.
Tony, if there is anything I can do let me know.
I know it, brother.  He was ill for a while now but took a sudden turn for the worse, last week.  Just glad my kids all got to meet him and remember him well.
Logged

Johnny

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 12:46:01 AM »

Tony, it's not easy losing a parent, my condolences go out to you and the whole family.

Tony, it's not easy losing a parent, my condolences go out to you and the whole family.
Thanks Johnny.  My mom is doing pretty bad with her Alzheimer's so we've decided to not even tell her.  They had a great run for 56 years.
Logged

Johnny

  • Guest

Tony, it's not easy losing a parent, my condolences go out to you and the whole family.
Thanks Johnny.  My mom is doing pretty bad with her Alzheimer's so we've decided to not even tell her.  They had a great run for 56 years.
Probably for the best Tony.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

Much appreciated, Sly and Ken.
Tony, if there is anything I can do let me know.
I know it, brother.  He was ill for a while now but took a sudden turn for the worse, last week.  Just glad my kids all got to meet him and remember him well.
That's good, Tony, that they got to meet and get to know each other.  Don't worry about us ... You get ready & get as much rest/sleep as you can, before making the journey home. Raz said he could probably help you run the site with a little information. Or maybe it was Cannonfodder/Dave.  ... I'm going to bed, so I can be sane tomorrow.  Night all.  Tony, i'll remember your father at Mass.
Logged

glassken

  • Guest

Much appreciated, Sly and Ken.
Tony, if there is anything I can do let me know.
I know it, brother.  He was ill for a while now but took a sudden turn for the worse, last week.  Just glad my kids all got to meet him and remember him well.
Tony, My father died in 2004, my mother too. Mom had Alzheimer's, and dad would see her for the years she had it, us too. He died, and she lived only 3 months. We think she died because she missed seeing him. He would go to the nursing home every day, and when he stopped going after his death she stopped eating. She did not know us, but she knew he was not there everyday. They tried feeding her IV, but she still got skinny and would not take nutrients. She died 3 months after he did.

Damn. Sorry, Tony. Bon voyage.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 01:09:37 AM »

On the water with a Cuarenta robusto and a glass of Wild Turkey 101 with my dad and my sons. Isn't quite so perfect now knowing that Tony's off to the funeral of his dad.
Logged

glassken

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 01:15:12 AM »

On the water with a Cuarenta robusto and a glass of Wild Turkey 101 with my dad and my sons. Isn't quite so perfect now knowing that Tony's off to the funeral of his dad.
Bret, losing a parent is life changing. It will be something you don't get over. Not even 10 years later. And I lost both parents the same year, but that is not what I want to say: enjoy your vacation! We live only so long, so enjoy!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Sorry, to hear that. Grand Father, or Father?
My dad.  Leaving for the funeral (Italy) in the morning.
I am very sorry for your loss Tony. Have a safe trip!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 136