Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 02:07:05 AM »

In 1964, in a speech to the Republican national convention in San Francisco, New York Gov. Nelson Rockefeller was booed by supporters of Barry Goldwater as he called on the GOP to denounce political extremists.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 02:07:35 AM »

In 1966, eight student nurses were murdered by Richard Speck in a Chicago dormitory.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 02:07:56 AM »

In 1976, Jimmy Carter won the Democratic presidential nomination at the party's convention in New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 02:08:16 AM »

in 1980, the Republican national convention opened in Detroit, where nominee-apparent Ronald Reagan told a welcoming rally he and his supporters were determined to "make America great again."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 02:08:39 AM »

In 1999, race-based school busing in Boston came to an end after 25 years.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 02:09:01 AM »

Ten years ago: The Senate scuttled a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. (Forty-eight senators voted to advance the measure — 12 short of the 60 needed — and 50 voted to block it). In Iraq, a suicide attacker detonated a massive car bomb at a checkpoint near the British Embassy and the interim government's headquarters in Baghdad, killing 11 people; the governor of Nineveh province was killed in an attack on his convoy.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 02:09:26 AM »

Five years ago: At her Senate confirmation hearing, Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor pushed back vigorously against Republican charges that she would bring bias and a liberal agenda to the nation's highest bench. Disgraced financier Bernard Madoff arrived at the Butner Federal Correctional Complex in North Carolina to begin serving a 150-year sentence for his massive Ponzi scheme. The American League continued its dominance over the National League with a 4-3 win in the All-Star game at new Busch Stadium in St. Louis.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 02:09:54 AM »

One year ago: Thousands of demonstrators across the country protested a Florida jury's decision the day before to clear George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. German Chancellor Angela Merkel (AHN'-geh-lah MEHR'-kuhl), in a TV interview, called for tougher European and global rules on data protection amid fallout from recent revelations about U.S. surveillance programs.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 02:10:18 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor Harry Dean Stanton is 88. Actress Nancy Olson is 86. Actress Polly Bergen is 84. Former football player and actor Rosey Grier is 82. Actor Vincent Pastore is 68. Former music company executive Tommy Mottola (muh-TOH'-luh) is 65. Rock musician Chris Cross (Ultravox) is 62. Actor Jerry Houser is 62. Actor-director Eric Laneuville is 62. Actor Stan Shaw is 62. Movie producer Scott Rudin is 56. Singer-guitarist Kyle Gass is 54. Country musician Ray Herndon (McBride and the Ride) is 54. Actress Jane Lynch is 54. Actor Jackie Earle Haley is 53. Actor Matthew Fox is 48. Rock musician Ellen Reid (Crash Test Dummies) is 48. Rock singer-musician Tanya Donelly is 48. Actress Missy Gold is 44. Olympic gold medal snowboarder Ross Rebagliati is 43. Rhythm-and-blues singer Tameka Cottle (Xscape) is 39. Country singer Jamey Johnson is 39. Hip-hop musician taboo (Black Eyed Peas) is 39. Actor Scott Porter is 35.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 02:10:45 AM »

Thought for Today: "A man must be both stupid and uncharitable who believes there is no virtue or truth but on his own side." — Joseph Addison, English essayist and poet (1672-1719).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 05:19:07 AM »

Inner Peace
-------------------------

I am passing this on to you because it definitely works and we could
all use a little more calmness in our lives. By following simple
advice heard on the Dr. Phil show, you too can find inner peace.

Dr Phil proclaimed, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all
the things you have started and have never finished."

So, I looked around my house to see all the things I started and
hadn't finished, and before leaving the house this morning, I finished
off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Zinfandel, a bottle of Bailey's
Irish Cream, a bottle of Kahlua, a package of Oreos, the remainder of
my old Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some Doritos,
and a box of chocolates and the rest of my half-gallon of Blue Bell
Original Vanilla Bean ice-cream.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel right now. Please pass this
on to those whom you think might be in need of inner peace.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 05:33:18 AM »

Morning LSU.   Any changes with your Mother or just in a holding pattern waiting on MRI today?

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 05:55:01 AM »

Time to go to work but in the office today so some lurking later.  Have a Good Day All.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 06:03:27 AM »

Morning, all.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 06:06:04 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Dave and Native.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19