Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

  • Administrator
7/14/2014
« on: July 14, 2014, 12:00:17 AM »

Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 12:02:23 AM »

HERF announcement for anyone who is interested/crazy/smokes a lot.

We're doing a Cuaba Diadema Herf.

That is a monster figurado, 9.13x55.  Comes from Cuba.  Should be tasty.  Also, it is expensive.  Best price is about $15 a stick.  They come in boxes of 5, at least, so it is fairly economical to buy them.

When?

When it happens.  There is no set date--that will depend on how quickly box orders fill up, how quickly they get ordered and arrive, and then how quickly whoever is coordinating that box gets those cigars sent out to their fellow BOTLs.

Who?

I'm coordinating box # 1.  All 5 slots are already spoken for and the box is ordered.

No one is coordinating box #2 (yet).  So far, 2 of the 5 slots are spoken for.

If anyone from box #1 wants a second stick (or wants to run box 2?), just let me know and I'm sure it can work.

How?

Great question.  Basically, seat of the pants.

What I'm doing right now is whoever is ordering the box will ship the smokes out to whoever is in.  That makes sense in a vacuum.  But if all the NJ guys are in, it doesn't make any sense to have Joe order and send out 4 packages to NJ when us NJ guys could all just meet up locally.  And so on and so forth.  Basically, however it works out best for common sense.

I don't imagine logistics will really be an issue since we're a small community and I doubt everyone will want in.

If anyone wants to run box #2, let me know.  Someone has to, after all, or even if it fills up there won't be anyone ordering it and then there won't be anyone herfing.

More info, updates, and all that schitt to follow.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:10:05 AM »

Oh, and I'm still finishing up that 4/2g.  Just about done.

I've been busy typing that up and trying to get box #2 put together, as well as putting together a grain order for some brews and such.  So I haven't been focusing on finishing the 4/2g and it has gone out twice in the second half due to inattention.  But still.  Very long smoke time.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »

[...]

Will, Let me know if you get any interested parties on box #2. I may just get it. I will have to see. That website has not liked my bank card, but I have several options for that. That looks to be a 3+hr smoke.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 01:55:15 AM »

Good morning guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 02:02:20 AM »

Today is Monday, July 14, the 195th day of 2014. There are 170 days left in the year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 02:02:47 AM »

Today's Highlight in History:

On July 14, 1789, in an event symbolizing the start of the French Revolution, citizens of Paris stormed the Bastille prison and released the seven prisoners inside.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:03:15 AM »

On this date:
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 02:03:39 AM »

In 1881, outlaw William H. Bonney Jr., alias "Billy the Kid," was shot and killed by Sheriff Pat Garrett in Fort Sumner in present-day New Mexico.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:29 AM »

In 1913, Gerald Rudolph Ford Jr., the 38th president of the United States, was born Leslie Lynch King Jr. in Omaha, Neb.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:55 AM »

In 1914, scientist Robert H. Goddard received a U.S. patent for a liquid-fueled rocket apparatus.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 02:05:18 AM »

In 1921, Italian-born anarchists Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti were convicted in Dedham, Massachusetts, of murdering a shoe company paymaster and his guard. (Sacco and Vanzetti were executed six years later.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 02:05:45 AM »

In 1933, all German political parties, except the Nazi Party, were outlawed. Cartoon character Popeye the Sailor made his movie debut in the Fleischer Studios animated short, "Popeye the Sailor."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 02:06:19 AM »

In 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a measure providing funds for a national monument honoring scientist George Washington Carver; the monument was built at Carver's birthplace near Diamond, Missouri.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 02:06:41 AM »

In 1958, the army of Iraq overthrew the monarchy.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19