Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 02:42:07 AM »

In 1990, L. Douglas Wilder of Virginia became the nation's first elected black governor as he took the oath of office in Richmond.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 02:42:31 AM »

In 2014, a shooting at a Wesley Chapel, Florida, movie theater left Chad Oulson, 43, dead; retired Tampa police captain Curtis Reeves, 71, is accused of killing Oulson during what authorities said was an argument over Oulson's texting.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:11 AM »

Ten years ago: President George W. Bush met with Germany's new chancellor, Angela Merkel, at the White House. A U.S. Army OH-58 Kiowa helicopter went down near Mosul after coming to the aid of Iraqi police under hostile fire; its two pilots were killed. A U.S. missile strike in Pakistan killed a relative of al-Qaida's No. 2 leader Ayman al-Zawahri (AY'-muhn ahl-ZWAH'-ree) and a terror suspect, but also 13 residents, prompting outrage among Pakistanis.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:35 AM »

Five years ago: Vice President Joe Biden became the first top U.S. official to visit Iraq since the country approved a new Cabinet; Biden emphasized to Iraqi leaders that the U.S. wanted nothing more than for Iraq to be free and democratic. A funeral was held in Tucson, Arizona, for 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green, the youngest victim of a mass shooting that also claimed five other lives and critically wounded Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 02:43:58 AM »

One year ago: Pope Francis brought calls for reconciliation as well as justice as he arrived in Sri Lanka at the start of a weeklong Asian tour. In an emotional act of defiance, Charlie Hebdo resurrected its irreverent and often provocative newspaper, featuring on the cover a caricature of a weeping Prophet Muhammad holding a sign reading "I am Charlie" with the words "All is forgiven" above him.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:22 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Frances Sternhagen is 86. TV personality Nick Clooney is 82. Comedian Rip Taylor is 82. Comedian Charlie Brill is 78. Actor Billy Gray is 78. Actor Richard Moll is 73. Rock musician Trevor Rabin is 62. Rhythm-and-blues musician Fred White is 61. Rock musician James Lomenzo (Megadeth) is 57. Actor Kevin Anderson is 56. Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus is 55. Rock singer Graham "Suggs" McPherson (Madness) is 55. Country singer Trace Adkins is 54. Actress Penelope Ann Miller is 52. Actor Patrick Dempsey is 50. Actress Traci Bingham is 48. Actor Keith Coogan is 46. TV producer-writer Shonda Rhimes is 46. Actress Nicole Eggert is 44. Actor Ross McCall is 40. Actor Michael Pena is 40. Actor Orlando Bloom is 39. Meteorologist Ginger Zee (TV: "Good Morning America") is 35. Actress Ruth Wilson is 34. Actor Julian Morris is 33. Actor Liam Hemsworth is 26.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:44 AM »

Thought for Today: "Never underestimate your power to change yourself; never overestimate your power to change others." — H. Jackson Brown Jr., American writer.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 02:45:51 AM »

Think About It
-------------------------

I had amnesia once - or twice.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

If the world was a logical place, men would ride horses sidesaddle.

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible .. and I believed them.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he
grows up, he'll never be able to edge his car onto a motorway.

Two can live as cheaply as one, for half as long.

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

One nice thing about egotists: They don't talk about other people.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look
like a nail.

A flashlight is a carrying case for dead batteries.

What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

How can there be self-help "groups"?

Is there another word for synonym?

Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?

Is it possible to be totally partial?

Is Marx's tomb a communist plot?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a
man who can't get his pants off.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 03:46:38 AM »

Morning, Chip. Got my Powerball tickets this morning, so this will probably be my last day at work.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 04:51:46 AM »

Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 04:52:56 AM »

Morning, Chip. Got my Powerball tickets this morning, so this will probably be my last day at work.
I guess we must be splitting the prize tonight because the girl that sold me mine told me that I had just bought the winning ticket.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 04:53:54 AM »

Morning, Chip. Got my Powerball tickets this morning, so this will probably be my last day at work.
I will wait till the results come out before I quit my job though, to old to start looking again.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 05:00:35 AM »

Morning, Chip. Got my Powerball tickets this morning, so this will probably be my last day at work.
I will wait till the results come out before I quit my job though, to old to start looking again.
Lol, definitely a solid plan, I'll join you.

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 05:01:14 AM »

Has the Page switched to 5 minutes per deal, or is that something that only happens in the mornings? Never noticed that before, thought it was always 10 minutes.

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 05:03:19 AM »

Has the Page switched to 5 minutes per deal, or is that something that only happens in the mornings? Never noticed that before, thought it was always 10 minutes.
Ok, checked yesterday's banter, looks like that's a new thing for them. Hope it sticks, keep those deals coming!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28