Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 02:26:55 AM »

In 1995, 51 people were killed when a Colombian DC-9 jetliner crashed as it was preparing to land near the Caribbean resort of Cartagena — however, 9-year-old Erika Delgado survived.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 02:27:21 AM »

In 2010, Mark McGwire admitted to The Associated Press that he'd used steroids and human growth hormone when he broke baseball's home run record in 1998.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 02:28:00 AM »

Ten years ago: A Georgian court convicted Vladimir Arutyunian of trying to assassinate President George W. Bush and Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili (sah-kahsh-VIH'-leh) with a grenade in Tbilisi (tuh-BLEE'-see) on May 10, 2005, and sentenced him to life in prison. Gunmen stormed an offshore oil platform run by Royal Dutch Shell in Nigeria and seized the workers, an American, a Briton, a Bulgarian and a Honduran. (The four were freed nearly three weeks later.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 02:28:23 AM »

Five years ago: Several hundred mourners remembered the victims of the Arizona shooting rampage during a public Mass at St. Odilia Catholic Church in Tucson. David Nelson, 74, who co-starred on his parents' popular TV show "The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet," died in Los Angeles.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 02:29:12 AM »

One year ago: More than a million people surged through the boulevards of Paris behind dozens of world leaders walking arm-in-arm in a rally for unity against three days of terror that killed 17 people and changed France. At the 72nd Golden Globes, the movie "Boyhood" won best dramatic picture while "The Grand Budapest Hotel" was named best musical or comedy picture; in the TV categories, "The Affair" was named best dramatic series while "Transparent" was named best musical or comedy series. Anita Ekberg, 83, the Swedish-born actress and sex symbol of the 1950s and 1960s, died in Rome.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 02:29:38 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Producer Grant Tinker is 91. The former prime minister of Canada, Jean Chretien (zhahn kray-tee-EHN'), is 82. Actor Mitchell Ryan is 82. Actor Felix Silla is 79. Movie director Joel Zwick is 74. Country singer Naomi Judd is 70. World Golf Hall of Famer Ben Crenshaw is 64. Singer Robert Earl Keen is 60. Actress Phyllis Logan (TV: "Downton Abbey") is 60. Musician Vicki Peterson (The Bangles) is 58. Actress Kim Coles is 54. Actor Jason Connery is 53. Former child actress Dawn Lyn (TV: "My Three Sons") is 53. Contemporary Christian musician Jim Bryson (MercyMe) is 48. Rock musician Tom Dumont (No Doubt) is 48. Movie director Malcolm D. Lee is 46. Singer Mary J. Blige is 45. Musician Tom Rowlands (The Chemical Brothers) is 45. Actor Marc Blucas is 44. Actress Amanda Peet is 44. Actor Rockmond Dunbar is 43. Actress Aja Naomi King is 31. Actress Kristolyn Lloyd is 31. Reality TV star Jason Wahler (TV: "Laguna Beach"; "The Hills") is 29. Pop singer Cody Simpson is 19.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 02:31:08 AM »

Thought for Today: "Je sais que je ne sais pas ce que je ne sais pas." (I know that I don't know what I don't know.) — Marguerite Youcenar, French author (1903-1987).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 02:31:42 AM »

Cough
-------------------------

The owner of a drugstore walks in to find a guy leaning heavily against a
wall with an odd look on his face.

The owner asks the clerk, "What's with that guy over there by the wall?"

The clerk says, "Well, he came in here at 7 A.M. to get something for his
cough. I couldn't find the cough syrup, so I gave him an entire bottle of
laxatives."

The owner says, "You idiot! You can't treat a cough with laxatives!"

The clerk says, "Oh yeah? Look at him-he's afraid to cough!"

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2016, 04:03:57 AM »

Morning, Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2016, 04:56:05 AM »

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 05:15:15 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.  Guess it is Monday again.

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2016, 05:19:24 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.  Guess it is Monday again.
Sure is over at the Page. Looks like they've taken a page out of Famous's IT booklet.

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2016, 05:25:24 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.  Guess it is Monday again.
Sure is over at the Page. Looks like they've taken a page out of Famous's IT booklet.
Guess the flashlight and knife specials fried the site.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 05:32:45 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.  Guess it is Monday again.
Sure is over at the Page. Looks like they've taken a page out of Famous's IT booklet.
Guess the flashlight and knife specials fried the site.
Gonna be a scorcher today, I can feel it. So long as the site gets back up, that is.

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2016, 05:35:55 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.  Guess it is Monday again.
Sure is over at the Page. Looks like they've taken a page out of Famous's IT booklet.
Guess the flashlight and knife specials fried the site.
Gonna be a scorcher today, I can feel it. So long as the site gets back up, that is.
Did not have one last week so overdue but I thought they would have one over the weekend- wrong. :(
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26