CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: 7/9/2014  (Read 67299 times)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 02:05:56 AM »

This guitar:
It's a Steinberger guitar.  Phenolic body and graphite composite neck.  Very unique sound, very stable intonation.  I've owned a couple.  Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee used them with Rush in the 80's.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:35 AM »

Okay, I called you Mav. That was uncalled for!
You're the only person on earth I want harass for calling me Mav.

glassken

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 02:13:09 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean. Won't, or want? Either way, I am the nicest person anyone can meet. Besides Donna. She is nicer than me, but we are both good fellow humans. And I'm getting nicer as I get older. Go figure?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:04 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean. Won't, or want? Either way, I am the nicest person anyone can meet. Besides Donna. She is nicer than me, but we are both good fellow humans. And I'm getting nicer as I get older. Go figure?
Oopse, I meant "won't harass".

glassken

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 02:28:52 AM »

Well, thanks. I thought it a good story when you were explaining it to someone. I was not in the conversation, but my name in school was not something I talk about, and I had to get creative with the folks: my name was Grass. I guess it seemed cool at the time, and I did not like people calling me that but it fit due to the circumstances at the time. So, I always had good weed, and fellow students and teachers alike called me this. This was in the Valley(San Fernando), so you would have to know how it was there in the '70's. Moto-cross, skateboards, and puka-shells. And Surfboards, and bongs! And girls who fucked the cool guys.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 02:37:10 AM »

Well, thanks. I thought it a good story when you were explaining it to someone. I was not in the conversation, but my name in school was not something I talk about, and I had to get creative with the folks: my name was Grass. I guess it seemed cool at the time, and I did not like people calling me that but it fit due to the circumstances at the time. So, I always had good weed, and fellow students and teachers alike called me this. This was in the Valley(San Fernando), so you would have to know how it was there in the '70's. Moto-cross, skateboards, and puka-shells. And Surfboards, and bongs! And girls who fucked the cool guys.
Pretty much me in middle school, late 70's.  Skateboards, motocross, puka-shells, bongs.  No surfing in Texas.  So I played guitar.  It's how I got girls.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 02:41:42 AM »

Y'know what?  I think I just ain't crazy about Corojo.  I love the Cuarentas, but just don't have the same love for the CLE Corojo...or most of the cigars I've had that had corojo in the name.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:22 AM »

Final pickup on the Devil for the week...a five-pack of Bueso Odysseys.  I've heard some praise for them here.  Bid on two fivers @$13.00. Won one.  So, inbound are 20 Cuarentas, 15 more Nica Rusticas, and 5 Odysseys. 

glassken

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 03:01:16 AM »

Y'know what?  I think I just ain't crazy about Corojo.  I love the Cuarentas, but just don't have the same love for the CLE Corojo...or most of the cigars I've had that had corojo in the name.
The name is over used. Supposedly there is no real Corojo! It is a seed, not where it's grown, so I don't know. A cigar has many leaves, and yes the wrapper is the most tasteful. I actually love Corojo. But, then I don't really know what the leaf is. I have to take the makers word. I would not be able to do a blind Corojo test. I could do blind for the cigars I smoke daily, but that would be it. I found this years ago, but doubt all of the accuracy. But, it seems well documented: http://www.smokemag.com/0304/feature.htm

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 03:19:27 AM »

The name is over used. Supposedly there is no real Corojo! It is a seed, not where it's grown, so I don't know. A cigar has many leaves, and yes the wrapper is the most tasteful. I actually love Corojo. But, then I don't really know what the leaf is. I have to take the makers word. I would not be able to do a blind Corojo test. I could do blind for the cigars I smoke daily, but that would be it. I found this years ago, but doubt all of the accuracy. But, it seems well documented: http://www.smokemag.com/0304/feature.htm
Well, it's a strain of tobacco.  It's fallen out of favor, as the article suggests, because it's susceptible to disease.  It's peppery, and I like that, but it has a bitter edge to it that I don't care for.  This one is over a year old, maybe they just need more age.  But I'm shying away from buying it until I know more. 

glassken

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 03:40:25 AM »

"barnyard, oak, Worcestershire sauce.  sunflower seeds, wet leather and saltiness.  creamy potatoes, followed by the meatiness, which is now like a roasted sausage and big acidic leather notes.  gigantic grapefruit and twang note.  crispy note—which I can best describe as chicken skin.meatiness is still there along with burnt butter, all dominated by the grapefruit note.  red pepper flake" I would throw up if my cigar did that!

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:58 AM »

Good morning guys.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:17 AM »

"barnyard, oak, Worcestershire sauce.  sunflower seeds, wet leather and saltiness.  creamy potatoes, followed by the meatiness, which is now like a roasted sausage and big acidic leather notes.  gigantic grapefruit and twang note.  crispy note—which I can best describe as chicken skin.meatiness is still there along with burnt butter, all dominated by the grapefruit note.  red pepper flake" I would throw up if my cigar did that!
I'm not convinced that guy isn't blowing smoke.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:29 AM »

Good morning guys.
Morning, Chip!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:58 AM »

Well, my god-daughter is settled into the trailer.  Time for me to get some sleep.  Catch y'all in the daylight.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29