Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

64 degrees here now and supposed to be 53 in 3 hours at 8:00.  Winds exceeding 40 mph this afternoon.   33 degrees tomorrow morning.
Our forecast is about a day behind yours I am afraid, rain about noon which unfortunately is the same time as the graveside service for my wife's Aunt the she is named after.  I am afraid their will be a bunch of cold old men and women out there today.

64 degrees here now and supposed to be 53 in 3 hours at 8:00.  Winds exceeding 40 mph this afternoon.   33 degrees tomorrow morning.
Our forecast is about a day behind yours I am afraid, rain about noon which unfortunately is the same time as the graveside service for my wife's Aunt the she is named after.  I am afraid their will be a bunch of cold old men and women out there today.
Sorry about the loss of her aunt.  Maybe the rain will hold off just a little while for her service.

An interesting poll, guess I am not the only one noticing it.

According to a Reuters survey, 58 percent Americans say they “don’t identify with what America has become.” While Republicans and Independents are the most likely to agree with this statement, even 45 percent of Democrats share this feeling.

More than half of Americans, 53 percent, say they “feel like a stranger” in their own country. A minority of Americans feel “comfortable as myself” in the country.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

64 degrees here now and supposed to be 53 in 3 hours at 8:00.  Winds exceeding 40 mph this afternoon.   33 degrees tomorrow morning.
Our forecast is about a day behind yours I am afraid, rain about noon which unfortunately is the same time as the graveside service for my wife's Aunt the she is named after.  I am afraid their will be a bunch of cold old men and women out there today.
Sorry about the loss of her aunt.  Maybe the rain will hold off just a little while for her service.
Thanks but she was 95 and she has been sick for so long now, bad part their is still 7 siblings with my mother in law being the youngest at 84 so lots of old people using nurses and walkers to get around so it will be an interesting day trying to keep one or more of them from falling.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

An interesting poll, guess I am not the only one noticing it.

According to a Reuters survey, 58 percent Americans say they “don’t identify with what America has become.” While Republicans and Independents are the most likely to agree with this statement, even 45 percent of Democrats share this feeling.

More than half of Americans, 53 percent, say they “feel like a stranger” in their own country. A minority of Americans feel “comfortable as myself” in the country.
I am part of the uncomfortable group for sure and wonder what my grandchildren have in store for them, our two choices today for Governor really suck, Edwards a Obama supporter or Vitter who got caught using a prostitute service.

64 degrees here now and supposed to be 53 in 3 hours at 8:00.  Winds exceeding 40 mph this afternoon.   33 degrees tomorrow morning.
Our forecast is about a day behind yours I am afraid, rain about noon which unfortunately is the same time as the graveside service for my wife's Aunt the she is named after.  I am afraid their will be a bunch of cold old men and women out there today.
Sorry about the loss of her aunt.  Maybe the rain will hold off just a little while for her service.
Thanks but she was 95 and she has been sick for so long now, bad part their is still 7 siblings with my mother in law being the youngest at 84 so lots of old people using nurses and walkers to get around so it will be an interesting day trying to keep one or more of them from falling.
Oh my yeah that many elderly is rough to look after all at once.

An interesting poll, guess I am not the only one noticing it.

According to a Reuters survey, 58 percent Americans say they “don’t identify with what America has become.” While Republicans and Independents are the most likely to agree with this statement, even 45 percent of Democrats share this feeling.

More than half of Americans, 53 percent, say they “feel like a stranger” in their own country. A minority of Americans feel “comfortable as myself” in the country.
I am part of the uncomfortable group for sure and wonder what my grandchildren have in store for them, our two choices today for Governor really suck, Edwards a Obama supporter or Vitter who got caught using a prostitute service.
I was just fixing to post a question for you on that topic.  Yeah two awful choices to replace the crooked jackass you got now (IMO) is the way I see it.  One of those you have to hold your nose to pull the "right" lever.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

[...]

The only reason he is the Governor now is because we had no better choice the last two elections, he sure has been a big let down for sure.  The only thing he did good was to graduate from the same high school the wife and I did.

[...]

I thought he would be pretty good when he started but he changed that quickly.  Has done everything possible to destroy the University and associated Medical Schools.

I wrote him a very courteous letter one time regarding his taxing policies to try and keep Louisiana College Graduates from leaving the state and how he could use similar policies to get mid-career graduates with much higher earnings to return.   Never even got so much as a BS Form Letter back from his office.

Today's Birthdays: Actor Joseph Campanella is 91. Country singer Jean Shepard is 82. Actor Laurence Luckinbill is 81. Actress Marlo Thomas is 78. Actor Rick Lenz is 76. Singer Dr. John is 75. Actress Juliet Mills is 74. Basketball Hall of Famer Earl Monroe is 71. Television producer Marcy Carsey is 71. Actress Goldie Hawn is 70. Movie director Andrew Davis is 69. Rock musician Lonnie Jordan (War) is 67. Singer Livingston Taylor is 65. Actress-singer Lorna Luft is 63. Actress Cherry Jones is 59. Rock musician Brian Ritchie (The Violent Femmes) is 55. Gospel singer Steven Curtis Chapman is 53. Actress Nicollette Sheridan is 52. Singer-actress Bjork (byork) is 50. Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman is 49. Rhythm-and-blues singer Chauncey Hannibal (BLACKstreet) is 47. Rock musician Alex James (Blur) is 47. MLB All-Star player Ken Griffey Jr. is 46. TV personality Rib Hillis is 45. Rapper Pretty Lou (Lost Boyz) is 44. Football player-turned-talk show host Michael Strahan (STRAY'-han) is 44. Country singer Kelsi Osborn (SHeDAISY) is 41. Singer-actress Lindsey Haun is 31. Actress Jena Malone is 31. Pop singer Carly Rae Jepsen is 30. Actor-singer Sam Palladio is 28.
Edit:  Mary Cathleen Collins (Better known as Bo Derek (Jenny) in the 1979 movie 10) born November 20, 1956 turned 59 yesterday.

64 degrees here now and supposed to be 53 in 3 hours at 8:00.  Winds exceeding 40 mph this afternoon.   33 degrees tomorrow morning.
66° here now, 80° by this afternon. down into the 40's for Monday/Tuesday with highs only in the 60's.
I wonder if Rick is shoveling snow this morning. Buffalo was expecting 6"-12" of lake effect.

good morning Chip and Dave.
Short Run and coffee here.
Logged

LSUFAN