Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

  • Administrator
7/5/2014
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:00:02 AM »

Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 12:06:52 AM »

We made it to other day!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 12:27:03 AM »

Happy 5th of July East coasters.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »

Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:32:30 AM »

Getting down into the last third of this SL Hababo Toro.  March '12 batch, per the spreadsheet.  Plenty of life left in it.  Certainly didn't lose most of its punch like the Diesel or MoW line (not that they're terrible with age, but much calmer).
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »

Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.

SL Hababo Toro, just about done.  Not sure if I'll smoke a 3rd.  After the first glass of Four Roses Single barrel I switched to the Small Batch.  On glass 4? of this.  Not bad at all for a "value" bourbon.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:46:42 AM »

Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.

SL Hababo Toro, just about done.  Not sure if I'll smoke a 3rd.  After the first glass of Four Roses Single barrel I switched to the Small Batch.  On glass 4? of this.  Not bad at all for a "value" bourbon.
I bought a bottle of Crown XO to enjoy the 4th with some friends,  but because of Arthur it didn't happen.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 12:48:56 AM »

Happy 5th of July East coasters.
What's on fire, Will?  Trinidad corona here.

SL Hababo Toro, just about done.  Not sure if I'll smoke a 3rd.  After the first glass of Four Roses Single barrel I switched to the Small Batch.  On glass 4? of this.  Not bad at all for a "value" bourbon.

Damn.  It's been a while since I looked up pricing on the small batch.  I grabbed 3 bottles of it on sale 4 or 5 years ago for $22.99.  I never drank the last bottle (it got stashed away in the closet behind some stuff with a few other duplicate bottles) until I cleaned some stuff out this Spring.  Now I see its on sale for $30.  Sheesh.

Even at $30, it's still cheap in the grand scheme of expensive liquor.  And pretty good, compared to the other bottles in that price point.  Buffalo Trace for a few dollar less would probably win my dollars at the store.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 12:51:48 AM »

I think that's an appropriately tasteful avatar.  Lacks the paper bag.  Oh fuckin' well.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 12:55:43 AM »

I think that's an appropriately tasteful avatar.  Lacks the paper bag.  Oh fuckin' well.
Ken will love it !
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 12:57:49 AM »

Is that a Cuban Trinidad you're working on Fredbob?  Colonial I think is their most corona type vitola.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 01:01:24 AM »

Is that a Cuban Trinidad you're working on Fredbob?  Colonial I think is their most corona type vitola.
Cuban, I wish!
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »

Is that a Cuban Trinidad you're working on Fredbob?  Colonial I think is their most corona type vitola.
Cuban, I wish!

You never know.  One of these days I'll pick up some Reyes or something and then decide they weren't worth the price premium.   But I won't know until I try and I doubt the trying will be terrible.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/5/2014
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 01:14:59 AM »

I think I'm approaching the correct amount of bourbon to have consumed.

It seems like a good idea to jam out to this dvd-a I'm listening to on the laptop, Amazing Journey.  A The Who tribute concert from Mike Portnoy, Paul Gilbert, Bobby Sheehan, and some guy on vocals I don't know. Not on the laptop, though, but with the stereo with the dials turned to 11.  Spinal Tap style.

But not good enough to actually get up and do that.  So yes, correct amount of bourbon.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 01:20:59 AM »

I think I'm approaching the correct amount of bourbon to have consumed.

It seems like a good idea to jam out to this dvd-a I'm listening to on the laptop, Amazing Journey.  A The Who tribute concert from Mike Portnoy, Paul Gilbert, Bobby Sheehan, and some guy on vocals I don't know. Not on the laptop, though, but with the stereo with the dials turned to 11.  Spinal Tap style.

But not good enough to actually get up and do that.  So yes, correct amount of bourbon.
Joya de Nicaragua is one of the most celebrated brands of the last half century. To celebrate their 45th Anniversary (and Nicaragua and the city of Esteli), they created the Cuatro Cinco. This cigar, like many of Joya de Nicaragua's cigars, is a Nicaragua puro, consisting of tobaccos from the Esteli and Jalapa regions, including a 5-year-old ligero that Joya de Nicaragua has been saving for just such an occasion. If this wasn't already enough to make this a special cigar, the filler tobaccos were aged in oak barrels for over a year, to provide them the smoothest and most complex array of flavors. When you light one of these stogies up, you'll get to enjoy a range of medium-bodied characteristics from notes of espresso and woodiness to hints of cayenne pepper and a creamy finish. The Cuatro Cinco is being released in a single size, a 6 x 54 Toro, that's lightly box-pressed and perfectly constructed to provide an even burn and a perfect draw. These won't last, so grab a box while you can!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16