CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: 7/4/2014  (Read 54882 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/4/2014
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 12:19:19 AM »

Time for bed.  Have a good 4th all.

glassken

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 12:30:41 AM »

Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Tony, that was very good! I have been going from my birthday, to the birthday of my beloved Country! For 52 years!
Cry the beloved country.
I'm starting to not have much love for the USA. Too many stupid people. Yes, we always had stupid people, but at least they had a bit of common sense. TV, and in particular the National news that used to be somewhat impartial, and report FACTS, has now changed to give the news caster talking head's opinion, and of course the Network owners opinion. Nothing can be trusted from these clowns. The brainwashing started when I was young, and continues full force. We can't elect good politicians, because there are not any! Ron Paul would have shook things up, and made it better, but he was considered too old, and the press made him out to be crazy. A man who wanted to follow the Constitution was labeled Crazy! The young people--who know nothing, are electing Presidents---we need to fix this in the next election. Everyone who bitches needs to vote! Go to nursing homes, and give them a ride to the voting booth! Our Country needs all of us to vote, or Hillary Rodham Clinton will be President.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 12:31:58 AM »

Time for bed.  Have a good 4th all.
G'night, Dave.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 12:36:51 AM »

Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Tony, that was very good! I have been going from my birthday, to the birthday of my beloved Country! For 52 years!
Cry the beloved country.
I'm starting to not have much love for the USA. Too many stupid people. Yes, we always had stupid people, but at least they had a bit of common sense. TV, and in particular the National news that used to be somewhat impartial, and report FACTS, has now changed to give the news caster talking head's opinion, and of course the Network owners opinion. Nothing can be trusted from these clowns. The brainwashing started when I was young, and continues full force. We can't elect good politicians, because there are not any! Ron Paul would have shook things up, and made it better, but he was considered too old, and the press made him out to be crazy. A man who wanted to follow the Constitution was labeled Crazy! The young people--who know nothing, are electing Presidents---we need to fix this in the next election. Everyone who bitches needs to vote! Go to nursing homes, and give them a ride to the voting booth! Our Country needs all of us to vote, or Hillary Rodham Clinton will be President.
It's really no different now than it's ever been, in fact (all things considered) it's better than it's ever been, except during the 1990's. The problem right now is we've raised two generations of mama's boys who don't know how to hunt or shoot and have been overly sheltered except for the ones we sent into combat and then nickel-and-dimed their VA benefits.  We don't have a government problem, we have a manhood crisis.

Johnny

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 12:40:47 AM »

Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Cry the beloved country.
Ken, let the stupid people vote,if Obama had his way he'd be named supreme commander and stay in office forever, we can't have that!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 12:42:11 AM »

Halfway through this San Lotano Hababo, and besides dumping its ash on my shirt it's still a very nice cigar.  Better with neat Jim Beam than with CanClub.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 12:46:07 AM »

Nice avi, Ken!

Highway Man

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 12:47:48 AM »

What are your thoughts on the limited Don Pepin Garcia Blue Lable Maduro?

glassken

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »

Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Cry the beloved country.
It's really no different now than it's ever been, in fact (all things considered) it's better than it's ever been, except during the 1990's. The problem right now is we've raised two generations of mama's boys who don't know how to hunt or shoot and have been overly sheltered except for the ones we sent into combat and then nickel-and-dimed their VA benefits.  We don't have a government problem, we have a manhood crisis.
What??? I disagree, Bret. We have a problem. Trillion dollar debt, and give Billions for stupid programs that do not work. We had an excess, not debt when some of these give away programs started. What does hunting and shooting have to do... you lost me. I live in a state where EVERYONE knows how to hunt and shoot, and that has nothing to do with voting for people that want to end the USA as we know it. Obama hates America--he really does. He has done nothing but try to break the bank, and ruin this Country.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 01:01:22 AM »

I wish this forum had a sarcasm tag so I knew how seriously to take the the political opinions posted here. 

Johnny

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 01:02:12 AM »

Happy Birthday, USA!!!
Cry the beloved country.
What??? I disagree, Bret. We have a problem. Trillion dollar debt, and give Billions for stupid programs that do not work. We had an excess, not debt when some of these give away programs started. What does hunting and shooting have to do... you lost me. I live in a state where EVERYONE knows how to hunt and shoot, and that has nothing to do with voting for people that want to end the USA as we know it. Obama hates America--he really does. He has done nothing but try to break the bank, and ruin this Country.
Amen brother Ken.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 01:04:41 AM »

Stay with me here...

Obama hates what America came to represent, and he refuses to identify with what it previously was because what it previously was was tied - in his mind - to Jim Crow.  And that's a fair accusation, but it misses part of the point. 

You have to look at the trillion dollar debt in terms of percentage of GDP.  Yes, it's a problem, but not as big a problem as it looks.  Yes, Obama wants to err on the side of spending on entitlements - he's a liberal.  That's what liberals want to do. 

But we had 48 years of liberal government between 1933 and 1981 and the country survived it until the 1970's, which sucked.  Then Reagan came and increased the debt on a scale that, adjusted for inflation, Obama WISHES he could match.  But Reagan knew what he was doing and it was fine.  Clinton came and, despite his liberal preferences, knew he had to take care of the debt and he did. 

The problem isn't Obama's liberalism.  The problem is that the generations that came of age in the 50's, 60's and 70's saw what liberalism did, and had the balls to demand change.  Now we're all aging out and being replaced by the Millennials, and all they understand is entitlement.  There aren't enough men with the cajones to stand for independence, personal achievement, and limited government.  There are a bunch of whiners that Obama knows how to work. 

Does that make sense?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »

I wish this forum had a sarcasm tag so I knew how seriously to take the the political opinions posted here.
Take it as it comes, remember that the people here may have strident opinions but they're generous with cigars, and post your reasoned opinions.  We're big boys here, right?

glassken

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 01:16:40 AM »

///Serious, Will

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 01:19:21 AM »

Understand - my principles are conservative, in the sense of what conservatism should really represent.  I don't care who anyone fucks, or marries, or what they smoke or drink or stuff up their noses, asses, vaginas, or veins.

What I know is that the government should stay out of our personal lives, and out of our wallets.  The more money I have in my wallet, the more I'm gonna spend on cigars, and the more I'm gonna spend on parts for my Harley, and the more I'm gonna spend on my house.  And that puts a lot of people in business.  And the more cigars there are in my humidor, the more I'm gonna want to up and ship a box out to Steve, or Ken, or JR.  The more I have in my wallet, the more I'm going to be willing to kick out to the homeless guy on the street, or my unemployed neighbor, or my church.  The more I have in my wallet, the more likely I am to indulge my wife's sentiments that we should maybe adopt some troubled kid.  The more I have in my wallet, the more I'll spend on firearms training so that I can dispatch the sumbitch who feels the need to splatter people's blood or steal their cash.  That makes the world a better place. 

But when Obama starts sticking his hands in my wallet, I turn into a tightwad.  That makes the world worse off.

That's the kind of conservative I am. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23