Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2015, 04:06:44 AM »

In 1971, President Richard Nixon nominated Lewis F. Powell and William H. Rehnquist to the U.S. Supreme Court. (Both nominees were confirmed.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 04:07:19 AM »

In 1985, former San Francisco Supervisor Dan White — who'd served five years in prison for killing Mayor George Moscone (mahs-KOH'-nee) and Supervisor Harvey Milk, a gay-rights advocate — was found dead in a garage, a suicide.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 04:08:04 AM »

In 1995, Maxene Andrews of the Andrews Sisters died in Hyannis, Massachusetts, at age 79.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 04:08:29 AM »

Ten years ago: Hurricane Wilma tore into Mexico's Yucatan peninsula as a Category 4 storm, after killing 13 people in Haiti and Jamaica. The Kansas Supreme Court unanimously struck down a state law that punished underage sex more severely if it involved homosexual acts, saying "moral disapproval" of such conduct was not enough to justify the different treatment.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 04:09:00 AM »

Five years ago: Eight current and former officials pleaded not guilty to looting millions of dollars from California's modest blue-collar city of Bell. (Seven defendants ended up being convicted, and received sentences ranging from home confinement to 12 years in prison.) French police used tear gas and water cannon against rampaging youth in Lyon while the French government showed its muscle in parliament, short-circuiting tense Senate debate on a bill raising the retirement age from 60 to 62. James F. Neal, the attorney who prosecuted Jimmy Hoffa and key Watergate figures, and defended Elvis Presley's doctor and the Exxon Corp. after the Alaska oil spill, died in Nashville at age 81.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 04:09:25 AM »

One year ago: In South Africa, Oscar Pistorius was sentenced to five years in prison for killing girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp; legal analysts said under the law, the man known as the "Blade Runner" because of his carbon-fiber running blades, would have to serve 10 months, or one-sixth of his sentence, in prison before he was eligible for house arrest. North Korea abruptly freed Jeffrey Fowle, an American, nearly six months after he was arrested for leaving a Bible in a nightclub. Former Washington Post executive editor Ben Bradlee, 93, died in Washington. The San Francisco Giants defeated the Kansas City Royals 7-1 in the first game of the World Series.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 04:10:07 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Joyce Randolph is 91. Author Ursula K. Le Guin is 86. Rock singer Manfred Mann is 75. Musician Steve Cropper (Booker T. & the MG's) is 74. Singer Elvin Bishop is 73. TV's Judge Judy Sheindlin is 73. Actor Everett McGill is 70. Musician Lee Loughnane (LAHK'-nayn) (Chicago) is 69. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is 66. Actress LaTanya Richardson Jackson is 66. Musician Charlotte Caffey (The Go-Go's) is 62. Movie director Catherine Hardwicke is 60. Actress-author Carrie Fisher is 59. Singer Julian Cope is 58. Rock musician Steve Lukather (Toto) is 58. Actor Ken Watanabe (wah-tah-NAH'-bee) is 56. Actress Melora Walters is 55. Rock musician Che (chay) Colovita Lemon is 45. Rock singer-musician Nick Oliveri (Mondo Generator) is 44. Christian rock musician Charlie Lowell (Jars of Clay) is 42. Actor Jeremy Miller is 39. Actor Will Estes is 37. Actor Michael McMillian is 37. Reality TV star Kim Kardashian (kahr-DASH'-ee-uhn) is 35. Actor Matt Dallas is 33. Actress Charlotte Sullivan is 32. Actor Aaron Tveit (tuh-VAYT') is 32.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 04:10:53 AM »

Thought for Today: "Silence is sometimes the severest criticism." — Charles Buxton, English writer (1823-1871).

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 04:11:50 AM »

Ok, now my day can really begin. Morning, Chip.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 04:11:51 AM »

Twenty Dollars
-------------------------

On their wedding night, the young bride approached her new
husband and asked for $20.00 for their first lovemaking encounter. In his highly aroused state, her husband readily agreed.
This scenario was repeated each time they made love, for more than 30 years, with him thinking that it was a cute way for her to afford new clothes and other incidentals that she needed.

Arriving home around noon one day, she was surprised to find her husband in a very drunken state. During the next few minutes, he explained that his employer was going through a process of corporate downsizing, and he had been let go. It was unlikely that, at the age of 59, he'd be able to find another position that paid anywhere near what he'd been earning, and therefore, they were financially ruined.

Calmly, his wife handed him a bank book which showed more than thirty years of steady deposits and interest totaling
nearly$1 million. Then she showed him certificates of deposits issued by the bank which were worth over $2
million, and informed him that they were one of the largest depositors in the bank.

She explained that for the more than three decades she had 'charged' him for sex, these holdings had multiplied and these were the results of her savings and investments.

Faced with evidence of cash and investments worth over $3 million, her husband was so astounded he could barely speak, but finally he found his voice and blurted out, 'If I'd had any idea what you were doing, I would have given you all my business!'

That's when she shot him.

You know, sometimes, men just don't know when
to keep their mouths shut.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2015, 04:13:24 AM »

Ok, now my day can really begin. Morning, Chip.
Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2015, 04:14:33 AM »

Ok, now my day can really begin. Morning, Chip.
I finally got some sleep, so worn out last night you could have put a real bear in bed with me and I would not have cared.

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2015, 05:33:48 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2015, 05:34:55 AM »

Ok, now my day can really begin. Morning, Chip.
I finally got some sleep, so worn out last night you could have put a real bear in bed with me and I would not have cared.
I did such a chitty job yesterday Chip could not let it go another day. ;)

Glad you got some rest!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2015
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2015, 05:37:42 AM »

Morning LSU & Golf.
Good morning Native.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22