Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #480 on: July 01, 2014, 10:55:06 PM »

LT Intrepidos from a March 2011 box.  Been a while since I smoked one of these.

Punch reveals an effortless draw.  Quick toast and light.  First few puffs taste like an LT.

The LT did not age poorly or anything of the sort.  Very rich, full flavor, but exceedingly smooth.  Subtle spice/pepper so far. definite Cameroon notes coming through.  Really excellent.  Best cigar CAO ever made, imo, and by a long shot.

Much the same into the middle third.  Some sweet spices and sweet tobacco, chocolate, cedar, maybe a whiff of citrus notes here and there.  General spiciness has gone up but still a subdued, secondary component.  White pepper on the retro. Medium-full, rich, smooth.  Tastes like a Ecu Hababo and Cameroon got together and made a good fucking cigar.
sounds interesting. I'd agree, not a big CAO fan, but the LT's were a nice line. I hear the new Sinister Sam is a solid smoke. Stupid name, but I may end up trying one.

3 years of age hasn't changed it up all that much, from what I can remember.  Less fresh sweet/hot Hababo spice, of course.  But the LT wasn't ever particularly unbalanced in that regard, so marginal.

Mostly it is just impressively smooth without having lost any of the flavor complexity.  Maybe not as effortlessly smooth and full as the top tier smokes out there with MSRPs 2 or 3 times larger than the LT, but certainly close enough for government work.

Nuts, chocolate, cedar, white pepper, touch of citrus, subdued Habano spiciness.  It also has that certain undefinable (for me, at least, I can't come up with an equivalent for it) flavor that Cameroon gives mixed in with just the right proportion to be a major component of the profile, but not dominate the smoke.

I can't help but feel this would be a significantly inferior smoke if it had some random Honduran binder to give it an earthier character--no, there are a lot of cigars out there which already do that, but really only 1 or 2 other cigars that quite do what this cigar does.  The Guillermo Leon comes to mind but not much else.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #481 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:39 PM »

Evening Guys.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #482 on: July 01, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »

Looking for a good V cutter.....any recommendations.
$40 xikar at CI with shfree47 for free shipping. I've been using one for years and it still cuts perfectly.
thanx FB
just in case you can't find them... http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cutters/39337/xikar-vx-v-cutter/
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #483 on: July 01, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »

Evening Guys.

Evening, JR.  Getting down to the nub on this LT.  Has been absolutely perfect except for the ash falling off onto the keyboard just a minute ago.  CB must have distracted the roller for a moment.  What's on fire?
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #484 on: July 01, 2014, 11:15:20 PM »

Evening Will, love me that LT, need to get to the local and pick up a few, also have some smokes at the PO waiting for pick up too, just having an Odyssey 'til then.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #485 on: July 01, 2014, 11:24:15 PM »

Working the last 2 days reminded me why I retired.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #486 on: July 01, 2014, 11:26:09 PM »

Working the last 2 days reminded me why I retired.

Nothing like work to make you not want to work anymore.

Haven't had the Odyssey yet.  I think Oy-Dave sent me a pair of them but they buried into box.  One of these days I'll come across them and give one a shot.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #487 on: July 01, 2014, 11:33:58 PM »

They're OK, getting tired of them now, probably not a rebuy for me.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #488 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:03 PM »

Ending the night with an Antano Machito.  Another one I haven't had in a while.
Logged

Johnny

« Reply #489 on: July 01, 2014, 11:49:43 PM »

Another good one I haven't had in a while.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 7/1/2014
« Reply #490 on: July 01, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »

Another good one I haven't had in a while.

Sounds like something I just said.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]