Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 05:19:38 AM »

In 1988, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Morrison v. Olson, upheld the independent counsel law in a 7-1 decision (the sole dissenter was Justice Antonin Scalia).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:00 AM »

In 1992, the remains of Polish statesman Ignace Jan Paderewski (een-YAHS' yahn pah-dayr-EF'-skee), interred for five decades in the United States, were returned to his homeland in keeping with his wish to be buried only in a free Poland.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »

In 2003, actress Katharine Hepburn, one of the last stars from Hollywood's Golden Age, died in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, at age 96.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:42 AM »

Ten years ago: A United Nations helicopter crashed in Sierra Leone, killing all 24 peacekeepers, aid workers and others on board. The Supreme Court blocked a law meant to shield Web-surfing children from online pornography. Randy Johnson of the Arizona Diamondbacks became the fourth pitcher to record 4,000 career strikeouts (however, his team lost to the San Diego Padres, 3-2).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2014, 05:21:07 AM »

Five years ago: U.S. combat troops withdrew from Iraqi cities, the first major step toward removing all American forces from the country by Dec. 31, 2011. Disgraced financier Bernard Madoff received a 150-year sentence for his multibillion-dollar fraud. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that white firefighters in New Haven, Connecticut, were denied promotion because of their race. Indoor tennis came to Wimbledon as the new retractable roof over Centre Court was closed after rain halted play during a fourth-round match with Amelie Mauresmo leading top-ranked Dinara Safina, 6-4, 1-4. (Safina ended up winning, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 05:21:28 AM »

One year ago: Paying tribute to his personal hero, President Barack Obama met privately in Johannesburg, South Africa, with Nelson Mandela's family as the world anxiously awaited news on the condition of the hospitalized 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader. (Mandela was discharged from the hospital on September 1, 2013; he died the following December.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 05:21:53 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Movie producer Robert Evans is 84. Songwriter L. Russell Brown is 74. Actor Gary Busey is 70. Comedian Richard Lewis is 67. Actor-turned-politican-turned-radio personality Fred Grandy is 66. Rock musician Ian Paice (Deep Purple) is 66. Singer Don Dokken (Dokken) is 61. Rock singer Colin Hay (Men At Work) is 61. Actress Maria Conchita Alonso is 57. Actress Sharon Lawrence is 53. Actress Amanda Donohoe is 52. Actress Judith Hoag is 51. Violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter is 51. Rhythm-and-blues singer Stedman Pearson (Five Star) is 50. Actress Kathleen Wilhoite is 50. Producer-writer Matthew Weiner is 49. Musician Dale Baker is 48. Actress Melora Hardin is 47. Rap DJ Shadow is 42. Actress Zuleikha Robinson is 37. Country musician Todd Sansom (Marshall Dyllon) is 36. Singer Nicole Scherzinger is 36. Comedian-writer Colin Jost (johst) is 32.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:19 AM »

Thought for Today: "A hypocrite is a person who — but who isn't?" — Don Marquis, American journalist-author (1878-1937).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2014, 05:23:03 AM »

Actual Lines from Resumes
-------------------------

I am very detail-oreinted.

My intensity and focus are at inordinately high levels, and my ability to complete projects on time is unspeakable.

Thank you for your consideration. Hope to hear from you shorty!

Enclosed is a ruff draft of my resume.

I am sicking and entry-level position.

It's best for employers that I not work with people.

Here are my qualifications for you to overlook.

I am a quick leaner, dependable, and motivated.

If this resume doesn't blow your hat off, then please return it in the enclosed envelope.

My fortune cookie said, "Your next interview will result in a job." And I like your company in particular.

You hold in your hands the resume of a truly outstanding candidate!

I saw your ad on the information highway, and I came to a screeching halt.

Insufficient writing skills, thought processes have slowed down some. If I am not one of the best, I will look for another opportunity.

Please disregard the attached resume—it is terribly out of date.

Seek challenges that test my mind and body, since the two are usually inseparable.

Reason for leaving last job: The owner gave new meaning to the word paranoia. I prefer to elaborate privately.

Previous experience: Self-employed--a fiasco.

Exposure to German for two years, but many words are inappropriate for business.

My experience in horticulture is well-rooted.

Experience: Watered, groomed, and fed the family dog for years.

I am a rabid typist.

Education: College, August 1880 - May 1984.

I have a bachelorette degree in computers.

Excellent memory; strong math aptitude; excellent memory; effective management skills; and very good at math.

Graduated in the top 66% of my class.

Accomplishments: Completed 11 years of high school.

Strengths: Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer.

Special skills: Experienced with numerous office machines and can make great lattes.

I worked as a Corporate Lesion.

Special Skills: Speak English.

Served as assistant sore manager.

Reason for leaving last job: Pushed aside so the vice president's girlfriend could steal my job.

Married, eight children. Prefer frequent travel.

Education: B.A. in Loberal Arts.

Objective: To have my skills and ethics challenged on a daily basis
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2014, 05:23:55 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2014, 05:35:37 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Hope your day goes well
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/29/2014
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2014, 06:09:42 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Good morning Sir,Hope your day goes well
Thank you Sir.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 06:19:10 AM »

good morning Chip.

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 07:11:39 AM »

Morning Chip, you get off today to make up for yesterday?  ...or don't you get makeups?

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2014, 07:12:05 AM »

Morning Dean and ShortStack.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18