Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 02:17:50 AM »

In 1982, a federal judge in Washington ordered John W. Hinckley Jr., who'd been acquitted of shooting President Ronald Reagan and three others by reason of insanity, committed to a mental hospital.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 02:18:25 AM »

In 1995, Jerry Garcia, lead singer of the Grateful Dead, died in Forest Knolls, California, of a heart attack eight days after turning 53.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 02:19:08 AM »

Ten years ago: The space shuttle Discovery and its crew of seven safely returned to Earth, ending a 14-day safety test that was shadowed by the Columbia tragedy. Charles McCoy Jr. pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and 10 other charges in a series of Ohio highway shootings and was sentenced to 27 years in prison. Author Judith Rossner, who wrote "Looking for Mr. Goodbar," died in New York City at age 70.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 02:19:56 AM »

Five years ago: Former Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, 86, the longest serving Republican in the U.S. Senate, was killed in a plane crash in the southwestern part of his state while on his way to a fishing trip (four others also died in the crash outside Dillingham). A fed-up JetBlue flight attendant, Steven Slater, cursed out a passenger he said had treated him rudely, grabbed a beer and slid down the emergency chute of an Embraer 190 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 02:20:28 AM »

One year ago: Michael Brown Jr., an unarmed 18-year-old black man, was shot to death by a police officer following an altercation in Ferguson, Missouri; Brown's death led to sometimes-violent protests in Ferguson and other U.S. cities, spawning a national "Black Lives Matter" movement. President Barack Obama justified the U.S. military's return to fighting in Iraq by saying Americans had to act now to prevent genocide, protect its diplomats and provide humanitarian aid to refugees trapped by Islamic militants. Actor Ed Nelson, 85, died in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 02:22:02 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Basketball Hall of Famer Bob Cousy is 87. Actress Cynthia Harris is 81. Tennis Hall of Famer Rod Laver is 77. Jazz musician Jack DeJohnette is 73. Comedian-director David Steinberg is 73. Actor Sam Elliott is 71. Singer Barbara Mason is 68. Former MLB All-Star pitcher Bill Campbell is 67. College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player John Cappelletti is 63. College Football Hall of Famer and former NFL player Doug Williams is 60. Actress Melanie Griffith is 58. Actress Amanda Bearse is 57. Rapper Kurtis Blow is 56. Hockey Hall of Famer Brett Hull is 51. TV host Hoda Kotb (HOH'-duh KAHT'-bee) is 51. Actor Pat Petersen is 49. Pro and College Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders is 48. Actress Gillian Anderson is 47. Actor Eric Bana is 47. Producer-director McG (aka Joseph McGinty Nichol) is 47. NHL player-turned-assistant coach Rod Brind'Amour is 45. TV anchor Chris Cuomo is 45. Actor Thomas Lennon is 45. Rock musician Arion Salazar is 45. Rapper Mack 10 is 44. Actress Nikki Schieler Ziering is 44. Latin rock singer Juanes is 43. Actress Liz Vassey is 43. Actor Kevin McKidd is 42. Actress Rhona Mitra (ROH'-nuh MEE'-truh) is 40. Actor Texas Battle is 39. Actress Jessica Capshaw is 39. Actress Ashley Johnson is 32. Actress Anna Kendrick is 30.

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 02:22:40 AM »

Thought for Today: "Education is a private matter between the person and the world of knowledge and experience, and has little to do with school or college." - Lillian Smith, American writer-social critic (1897-1966).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 02:23:20 AM »

Parachuting
-------------------------

A blind man was describing his favorite sport, parachuting.
When asked how this was accomplished, he said that things were all
done for him:

"I am placed in the door and told when to jump"

"My hand is placed on my release ring for me, and out I go"

"But how do you know when you are going to land?" he was asked.

"I have a very keen sense of smell and I can smell the trees and grass
when I am 300 feet from the ground" he answered.

"But how do you know when to lift your legs for the final arrival on
the ground?" he was again asked.

He quickly answered "Oh, the dog's leash goes slack".
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 02:49:15 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 04:51:34 AM »

Time for a couple of sheesh's
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 05:51:28 AM »

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 06:57:58 AM »

Morning Chip.  Fine job holding down the fort.

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 08:31:02 AM »

good morning. last of the packing. food all sorted and ready to load tomorrow. a few clothes and odds and ends. my cigar order comes in Tuesday which sucks, was hoping early tomorrow.
Short Story and coffee going, ready to pack coffee pot.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 8/9/2015
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 09:11:49 AM »

Good morning Dave and Dean.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 09:34:36 AM »

Morning everyone   Bike ride this morning and kayak fishing this afternoon, God what a peaceful place!  Drinking and smoking all day, had a Bloody Mary with breakfast.  🍸

I took this picture from our outdoor shower this morning!  Don't worry G Rated!😀😀. Green Bungalowis ours, 40 steps and your feet are in the Caribbean
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5