Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Happy Birthday CigarGuy87 (Shaun) !
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 02:21:53 AM »

In 1967, President Lyndon B. Johnson and Soviet Premier Alexei Kosygin (ah-LEK'-say koh-SEE'-gihn) held the first of two meetings at Glassboro State College in New Jersey.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 02:23:27 AM »

In 1969, Warren E. Burger was sworn in as chief justice of the United States by the man he was succeeding, Earl Warren.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:02 AM »

In 1972, President Richard Nixon and White House chief of staff H.R. Haldeman discussed a plan to use the CIA to obstruct the FBI's Watergate investigation. (Revelation of the tape recording of this conversation sparked Nixon's resignation.) President Nixon signed Title IX, which barred discrimination on the basis of sex for "any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 02:25:51 AM »

In 1989, the Supreme Court refused to shut down the "dial-a-porn" industry, ruling Congress had gone too far in passing a law banning all sexually oriented phone message services.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 02:26:52 AM »

In 1994, the movie "Forrest Gump," starring Tom Hanks as a simple yet kindhearted soul and his serendipitous brushes with greatness, was released by Paramount Pictures.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 02:27:51 AM »

Ten years ago: In a major retreat, the United States abandoned an attempt to win a new exemption for American troops from international prosecution for war crimes — an effort that had faced strong opposition because of the Iraqi prisoner abuse scandal.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 02:28:38 AM »

Five years ago: Hardening the U.S. reaction to Iran's disputed elections and bloody aftermath, President Barack Obama condemned the violence against protesters and lent his strongest support yet to their accusations the hardline victory was a fraud. "Tonight Show" sidekick Ed McMahon died in Los Angeles at 86. Dr. Jerri Nielsen FitzGerald, who'd diagnosed and treated her own breast cancer before a dramatic rescue from a South Pole station, died in Southwick, Massachusetts, at 57. Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull, Luc Robitaille and Brian Leetch were elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 02:29:31 AM »

One year ago: Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency contractor behind the disclosures of the U.S. government's sweeping surveillance programs, left Hong Kong for Moscow with the stated intention of seeking asylum in Ecuador; however, Snowden ended up remaining in Moscow. Aerialist Nik Wallenda completed a tightrope walk that took him a quarter mile over the Little Colorado River Gorge in northeastern Arizona. Sci-fi and fantasy writer Richard Matheson, 87, died in Los Angeles.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Happy Birthday CigarGuy87 (Shaun)
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 02:32:55 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Singer Diana Trask is 74. Musical conductor James Levine (luh-VYN') is 71. Rhythm-and-blues singer Rosetta Hightower (The Orlons) is 70. Actor Ted Shackelford is 68. Actor Bryan Brown is 67. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is 66. Actor Jim Metzler is 63. "American Idol" ex-judge Randy Jackson is 58. Actress Frances McDormand is 57. Rock musician Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth) is 52. Actor Paul La Greca is 52. Writer-director Joss Whedon is 50. Rhythm-and-blues singer Chico DeBarge is 44. Actress Selma Blair is 42. Rock singer KT Tunstall is 39. Rhythm-and-blues singer Virgo Williams (Ghostowns DJs) is 39. Singer-songwriter Jason Mraz is 37. Actress Melissa Rauch is 34. Rock singer Duffy is 30. cigarGuy87 (Shaun) is 27 I guess? Country singer Katie Armiger is 23.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 02:34:24 AM »

Thought for Today: "To have felt too much is to end in feeling nothing." — Dorothy Thompson, American journalist (1894-1961).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 02:35:46 AM »

Phobia
-------------------------

A man went to a psychiatrist for his phobia.

"Doc," he said, "I've got trouble. Every time I get into
bed, I think  there's somebody under it. I get under the
bed, I think there's somebody on  top of it. Top, under,
top, under. You gotta help me, I'm going crazy!"

"Just put yourself in my hands for two years," said the
shrink, "Come to me  three times a week, and I'll cure your
fears."

"How much do you charge?"

"A hundred dollars per visit."

"I'll sleep on it," said the man.

Six months later the doctor met the man on the street.

"Why didn't you ever come to see me again?" asked the
psychiatrist.

"For a hundred buck's a visit? A bartender cured me for ten
dollars."

"Is that so! How?"

"He told me to cut the legs off the bed!"
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 02:38:47 AM »

Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 02:44:40 AM »

Happy Birthday CigarGuy87 (Shaun).

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 03:49:46 AM »

Good Morning Chip!
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/23/2014
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2014, 04:36:55 AM »

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26