CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: 3/26/2015  (Read 51527 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #360 on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »

'Bout time to be packing up and heading to the airport.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #361 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Nah, he's just grumping it out...

Guess that's why I had to ask... couldn't tell a difference.  ;D jk

That sh!t can really clog the sinus'. Gives me migraines. Not pleasant at all.
BYS & TR, thanks for posting ... you're pinpointing what I'm going through ... been dealing with something like a cold for the last week or so, but last night my joints and muscles around them ached like I had just done a 3 day move.  Took a couple ibuprofen, then went back to bed, woke up having a hard time breathing ... tried to bear with it, finally got up, took a couple puffs of an inhaler and took a Zyrtec D (which usually clears things up in 20 minutes or so), but I did not get the relief I needed in a reasonable length of time, so I took backup antibiotics and prednisone (I hate taking medications unless it's absolutely necessary) ... threw in the towel because the alternative was not being able to catch my breath.  5 or 6 hours later, I'm somewhat better, but not out running a mile.  I think I'll take a cue from TR and spend some time in bed under the covers, I missed a lot of sleep last night, but hate to miss the beautiful day outside, temps have gone from 50 to 74 in just a few hours.  P.S. Had a Casa Magna Colorado corona gorda last evening, followed by an RP Honduran (FSS blue label) maduro, then a San Miguel.  CM was a little too strong for the robust RB microbrews I was drinking ... big clash there ... I think I prefer the natural to the maduro in the RP Honduran line.  The San Miguel was the best in pairing.  Think I'll be dialed way back tonight.  Still want to see some good NCAA basketball. /// Sorry, somehow my post landed in the middle of the thread, rather that at the end ... hopefully this modifies it correctly.
It's just crazy as hell, start feeling half decent for a while then all of a sudden it hits me again.  5 blankets now and shivering from head to toe with a dry terrible cough
Drugs my friend.  Zyrtec or Sudafed (the behind the counter, sign your life away version)
Although if you're running a fever, it's antibiotics time.
And I am
That ain't allergies.  That's Influenza.
Or the clap....
Yep, I think it started as allergy but something has gotten infected now.  Dr in the morning unless something miraculous happens.
Plan on Dr. , why suffer?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #362 on: March 26, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Nah, he's just grumping it out...

Guess that's why I had to ask... couldn't tell a difference.  ;D jk

That sh!t can really clog the sinus'. Gives me migraines. Not pleasant at all.
BYS & TR, thanks for posting ... you're pinpointing what I'm going through ... been dealing with something like a cold for the last week or so, but last night my joints and muscles around them ached like I had just done a 3 day move.  Took a couple ibuprofen, then went back to bed, woke up having a hard time breathing ... tried to bear with it, finally got up, took a couple puffs of an inhaler and took a Zyrtec D (which usually clears things up in 20 minutes or so), but I did not get the relief I needed in a reasonable length of time, so I took backup antibiotics and prednisone (I hate taking medications unless it's absolutely necessary) ... threw in the towel because the alternative was not being able to catch my breath.  5 or 6 hours later, I'm somewhat better, but not out running a mile.  I think I'll take a cue from TR and spend some time in bed under the covers, I missed a lot of sleep last night, but hate to miss the beautiful day outside, temps have gone from 50 to 74 in just a few hours.  P.S. Had a Casa Magna Colorado corona gorda last evening, followed by an RP Honduran (FSS blue label) maduro, then a San Miguel.  CM was a little too strong for the robust RB microbrews I was drinking ... big clash there ... I think I prefer the natural to the maduro in the RP Honduran line.  The San Miguel was the best in pairing.  Think I'll be dialed way back tonight.  Still want to see some good NCAA basketball. /// Sorry, somehow my post landed in the middle of the thread, rather that at the end ... hopefully this modifies it correctly.
It's just crazy as hell, start feeling half decent for a while then all of a sudden it hits me again.  5 blankets now and shivering from head to toe with a dry terrible cough
Drugs my friend.  Zyrtec or Sudafed (the behind the counter, sign your life away version)
Although if you're running a fever, it's antibiotics time.
And I am
That ain't allergies.  That's Influenza.
Or the clap....
Yep, I think it started as allergy but something has gotten infected now.  Dr in the morning unless something miraculous happens.
Plan on Dr. , why suffer?
+1

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #363 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:29 PM »

'Bout time to be packing up and heading to the airport.
Yet again.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #364 on: March 26, 2015, 08:36:15 PM »

Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #365 on: March 26, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »

I'm predicting new offerings on tomorrow's jam.  Perhaps the new Bueso or a new XXXL fleece?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #366 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:39 PM »

I'm predicting new offerings on tomorrow's jam.  Perhaps the new Bueso or a new XXXL fleece?
Long time no fleece.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #367 on: March 26, 2015, 10:02:09 PM »

Long time no fleece.
Not sure how well they would be received but they would be something different to see on the jams.  Wonder if we'll see any AB Tempus?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #368 on: March 26, 2015, 10:04:30 PM »

On my way home it had actually warmed up quite a bit since this morning.  Thought I might even sneak in a smoke tonight but now it's pouring like a motherfucker.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #369 on: March 26, 2015, 11:22:19 PM »

Long time no fleece.
Not sure how well they would be received but they would be something different to see on the jams.  Wonder if we'll see any AB Tempus?
Quadrum conundrum.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]