Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2014, 02:45:56 AM »

In 1953, U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas stayed the execution of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, originally set for the next day, the couple's 14th wedding anniversary. (They were put to death June 19.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2014, 02:46:19 AM »

In 1961, Soviet ballet dancer Rudolf Nureyev defected to the West while his troupe was in Paris.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2014, 02:46:54 AM »

In 1972, President Richard M. Nixon's eventual downfall began with the arrest of five burglars inside Democratic national headquarters in Washington, D.C.'s Watergate complex.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:15 AM »

In 1992, President George H.W. Bush and Russian President Boris Yeltsin signed a breakthrough arms-reduction agreement.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2014, 02:47:48 AM »

In 1994, after leading police on a slow-speed chase on Southern California freeways, O.J. Simpson was arrested and charged with murder in the slayings of his ex-wife, Nicole, and her friend, Ronald Goldman. (Simpson was later acquitted in a criminal trial, but held liable in a civil trial.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2014, 02:48:14 AM »

Ten years ago: A bipartisan report found that officials, blindsided by terrorists and beset by poor communications, were so slow to react on Sept. 11, 2001, that the last of four hijacked planes had crashed by the time Vice President Dick Cheney ordered hostile aircraft shot down. President George W. Bush disputed the Sept. 11 commission's finding that Saddam Hussein had no strong ties to al-Qaida. A sport utility vehicle packed with artillery shells slammed into a crowd waiting to volunteer for the Iraqi military, killing 35 people.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2014, 02:48:45 AM »

Five years ago: President Barack Obama extended some benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees. Nevada Sen. John Ensign resigned from the GOP leadership a day after admitting an affair with a former campaign staffer. John Houghtaling (HUHF'-tay-ling), the inventor of the Magic Fingers Vibrating Bed for hotels, died in Fort Pierce, Florida, at age 92.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2014, 02:49:06 AM »

One year ago: A G-8 summit of wealthy nations opened in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, under a cloud, with Russian President Vladimir Putin defiantly rejecting calls from the U.S., Britain and France to halt his political and military support for Syrian leader Bashar Assad's regime. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 7-2 that states can't demand proof of citizenship from people registering to vote in federal elections unless they get federal or court approval to do so.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2014, 02:49:42 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor Peter Lupus is 82. Actor William Lucking is 73. Singer Barry Manilow is 71. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is 71. Comedian Joe Piscopo is 63. Actor Mark Linn-Baker is 60. Actor Jon Gries (gryz) is 57. Movie producer-director-writer Bobby Farrelly is 56. Actor Thomas Haden Church is 53. Actor Greg Kinnear is 51. Actress Kami Cotler (TV: "The Waltons") is 49. Olympic gold-medal speed skater Dan Jansen is 49. Actor Jason Patric is 48. Rhythm-and-blues singer Kevin Thornton is 45. Actor-comedian Will Forte is 44. Latin pop singer Paulina Rubio is 43. Tennis player Venus Williams is 34. Actor-rapper Herculeez (AKA Jamal Mixon) is 31. Rapper Kendrick Lamar is 27. Actor Damani Roberts is 18.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2014, 02:50:14 AM »

Thought for Today: "A consensus means that everyone agrees to say collectively what no one believes individually." — Abba Eban, Israeli statesman (1915-2002).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2014, 02:50:53 AM »

Twenty Five Years of Marriage
-------------------------

Married 25 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, "Honey, 25 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25 year old blonde.

Now, we have a nice house, nice car, big bed and plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50 year old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 25 year old blonde, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2014, 02:52:30 AM »

Twenty Five Years of Marriage
-------------------------

Married 25 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, "Honey, 25 years ago, we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10 inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25 year old blonde.

Now, we have a nice house, nice car, big bed and plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50 year old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 25 year old blonde, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed.
She must know my wife, sheesh that sounds familiar.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2014, 03:02:06 AM »

Time to head to work guys, enjoy your day.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2014, 04:25:53 AM »

1 1/2 sheesh.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/17/2014
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2014, 05:18:46 AM »

Sheesh!
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34