Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2021, 07:14:16 AM »

Morning, twofers. 45 out right now, supposedly getting up to 71 this afternoon.
Good morning, LTG. 43° here at the moment. Brrrr.
Morning, Tony. Luckily, I had the exercise bike this morning to help take the chill out of the air for me.
That's a thought. I'm tempted to test the furnace. Trembling at the moment.
Nice to get that first one done. Make sure it fires up, and get that "is the house burning down?" smell out of the way.
I ran mine. I put my furnace in 3 weeks ago.  New t stat too. Not sure where we are going to feel most comfortable as far as temps etc.
Guy who put in our new furnace threw in a thermostat free of charge, and so far, that thermostat has been worth every penny. :D

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 07:28:28 AM »

Morning, twofers. 45 out right now, supposedly getting up to 71 this afternoon.
Good morning, LTG. 43° here at the moment. Brrrr.
Morning, Tony. Luckily, I had the exercise bike this morning to help take the chill out of the air for me.
That's a thought. I'm tempted to test the furnace. Trembling at the moment.
Nice to get that first one done. Make sure it fires up, and get that "is the house burning down?" smell out of the way.
I ran mine. I put my furnace in 3 weeks ago.  New t stat too. Not sure where we are going to feel most comfortable as far as temps etc.
Guy who put in our new furnace threw in a thermostat free of charge, and so far, that thermostat has been worth every penny. :D
I'm sure you paid for it. You just don't know it. I remember you posting last year about getting your furnace in. What works best for me is to leave the temperature on one setting and only go up or down no more than 1 or 2 degrees. This has always worked for me.

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2021, 07:31:14 AM »

[...]
Oh yeah, it was definitely included in the cost. I just don't think the actual temperature sensor works that well. I'll probably replace it before next summer.

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 07:31:39 AM »

Speaking of which, I broke down and turned it on, at least for a few minutes. Quite chilly in here.

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2021, 07:33:21 AM »

With COVID and the supply chains it is now quite pricey for a full replacement of furnace and air conditioning. Everything has gone up. I had to wait 3 months for my condenser but I did that willingly because the equipment I was using is the same vendor I use at work.

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 07:35:38 AM »

With COVID and the supply chains it is now quite pricey for a full replacement of furnace and air conditioning. Everything has gone up. I had to wait 3 months for my condenser but I did that willingly because the equipment I was using is the same vendor I use at work.
I replaced mine just in time.

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2021, 07:36:25 AM »

I have a meeting at 8 then I may look to sneak away with the Oliva Connecticut Reserve I brought with me.

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 08:46:12 AM »

I have a meeting at 8 then I may look to sneak away with the Oliva Connecticut Reserve I brought with me.
Let us know how that works out.

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 08:52:48 AM »

Speaking of which, I broke down and turned it on, at least for a few minutes. Quite chilly in here.
I have a separate system in the attic. I turned that one on because my daughter's room was below 60 when I went to wake her up this morning. The rest of the house is currently at 65° and I will hold off to see if I could reach November before having to turn on the heat. I could stand to wear a sweatshirt in the house. I may light the fireplace in the evenings for the next couple of weeks.

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2021, 09:17:02 AM »

Speaking of which, I broke down and turned it on, at least for a few minutes. Quite chilly in here.
I have a separate system in the attic. I turned that one on because my daughter's room was below 60 when I went to wake her up this morning. The rest of the house is currently at 65° and I will hold off to see if I could reach November before having to turn on the heat. I could stand to wear a sweatshirt in the house. I may light the fireplace in the evenings for the next couple of weeks.
It was 65 when I turned it on, but it felt like a very cold 65. Like I said, not sure the temp gauge on the thermostat is terribly accurate. But either way, it took the chill out of the air, so with 70s as highs the next 2 days, that should cover us for a while.

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2021, 09:20:09 AM »

Speaking of which, I broke down and turned it on, at least for a few minutes. Quite chilly in here.
I have a separate system in the attic. I turned that one on because my daughter's room was below 60 when I went to wake her up this morning. The rest of the house is currently at 65° and I will hold off to see if I could reach November before having to turn on the heat. I could stand to wear a sweatshirt in the house. I may light the fireplace in the evenings for the next couple of weeks.
It was 65 when I turned it on, but it felt like a very cold 65. Like I said, not sure the temp gauge on the thermostat is terribly accurate. But either way, it took the chill out of the air, so with 70s as highs the next 2 days, that should cover us for a while.
I should probably just give the furnace a visual inspection, make sure nothing flammable is leaning against it, water in the system is running clear, etc.

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - Ave Maria Reconquista (No Coffin) (Torpedo) - 10/54.99

Door #2 - H. Upmann The Banker Annuity (Toro) - 10/49.99

Door #3 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo - 5/22.50
No coffin, no sale.... :P

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2021, 10:11:05 AM »

Man, I did not sleep well. No more naps. I tossed and turned all night. Busy day ahead...lots of coffee I guess.
Plus all the stimulus from the game, hard to settle back down.  Tough loss.

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2021, 10:24:15 AM »

With COVID and the supply chains it is now quite pricey for a full replacement of furnace and air conditioning. Everything has gone up. I had to wait 3 months for my condenser but I did that willingly because the equipment I was using is the same vendor I use at work.
I replaced mine just in time.
Unlike the refrigerator...

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2021, 10:25:34 AM »

Speaking of which, I broke down and turned it on, at least for a few minutes. Quite chilly in here.
I have a separate system in the attic. I turned that one on because my daughter's room was below 60 when I went to wake her up this morning. The rest of the house is currently at 65° and I will hold off to see if I could reach November before having to turn on the heat. I could stand to wear a sweatshirt in the house. I may light the fireplace in the evenings for the next couple of weeks.
That's what blankets are for.   Sheesh.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5