CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 9/22/2021  (Read 3670 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/22/2021
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 07:04:26 AM »

Morning, humps.
Good morning, Dave. Last day before everyone returns back to school.
Same here, as my oldest is finally allowed back tomorrow.
I was referring to yours. Mine have been at school the whole time.
Ah, gotcha. Spot on, then. I thought maybe you had one who still hadn't gone back, since you mentioned the back to school night yesterday.
That's what we call it here when the parents go from classroom to classroom, meeting each of the teachers, etc. We had the High School one yesterday and we will have the Middle School one this evening.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 07:08:25 AM »

Morning, humps.
Ah, gotcha. Spot on, then. I thought maybe you had one who still hadn't gone back, since you mentioned the back to school night yesterday.
That's what we call it here when the parents go from classroom to classroom, meeting each of the teachers, etc. We had the High School one yesterday and we will have the Middle School one this evening.
Understood. We call it an open house. They had them this year, but they were all outdoors. Seemed like there was very little point in going because of that fact, so we didn't.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 07:13:01 AM »

Morning, humps.
Understood. We call it an open house. They had them this year, but they were all outdoors. Seemed like there was very little point in going because of that fact, so we didn't.
Only one parent allowed in order to have some crowd control and masks must be worn at all times.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:38 AM »

Morning, humps.
Only one parent allowed in order to have some crowd control and masks must be worn at all times.
Sounds like reasonable precautions. Well, except to the, "bUt MaH fReEdUmS!" crowd, that is.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 07:30:28 AM »

Morning, humps.
Sounds like reasonable precautions. Well, except to the, "bUt MaH fReEdUmS!" crowd, that is.
And we have a number of them here in town.  ::)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 07:31:43 AM »

@Dave: How was that Fallen Angel last night? Looked like a corona but it could have been those huge hands of yours.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 07:45:38 AM »

@Dave: How was that Fallen Angel last night? Looked like a corona but it could have been those huge hands of yours.
It was a corona, and it was actually very good. Makes me wish they still produced them, but I'm sure they don't.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 09:06:47 AM »

Winning $432 million Mega Millions ticket sold in NY. Anyone heard from Rick yet today? :D
No I have to keep working

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 09:12:53 AM »

Winning $432 million Mega Millions ticket sold in NY. Anyone heard from Rick yet today? :D
No I have to keep working
Sons a bitches!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 09:32:32 AM »

The fallen angel was another brand if I remember right there was a naming dispute.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 09:46:34 AM »

The fallen angel was another brand if I remember right there was a naming dispute.
That could be. Might've also dropped it because of the new fad of the larger RGs. This one, along with the AAA corona, were good smokes gone too soon.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 10:00:56 AM »

I don't know, but there seem to be a lot of connies sold out on various sites...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »

It was a corona, and it was actually very good. Makes me wish they still produced them, but I'm sure they don't.
Yes they were tasty.  Don't know if it was a dispute or if they just made them with limited tobacco availability.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:41 AM »

That could be. Might've also dropped it because of the new fad of the larger RGs. This one, along with the AAA corona, were good smokes gone too soon.
I think the AAA corona was just a one off thing for CI.  AJ seems to like non traditional shapes and sizes, maybe as practice or a distraction for his rollers,  and has a willing distributor with CI.  But with him expanding out making cigars for everybody now, I don't think he has as much time to "play".

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 10:08:12 AM »

Morning Tony, Dave and Rick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7