Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.
I did it for a few years, but I found that it took away from the fun of just watching football. I'd always be worried about what my players were doing, or what my opponent's players were doing that I didn't enjoy just watching the games. Wasn't a money thing, cause I think we all only put in like $20 for the year or something.

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.
We had someone here who ran a big lottery pool for a bunch of people, gathering the money and buying tix. He ran it like a well-oiled machine, pre-pandemic. And he just recently decided it wasn't worth holding on to our money anymore, so he just refunded whatever balance we had left.

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.
I did it for a few years, but I found that it took away from the fun of just watching football. I'd always be worried about what my players were doing, or what my opponent's players were doing that I didn't enjoy just watching the games. Wasn't a money thing, cause I think we all only put in like $20 for the year or something.
That makes sense. I'm kind of happy that my sons are doing it because it is forcing them to look at the whole picture and they are learning the game in the process. They really weren't all that interested in watching before anyway.

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.
I don't have the time for it but I know a couple that do it and it's very time consuming.

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.
I did it for a few years, but I found that it took away from the fun of just watching football. I'd always be worried about what my players were doing, or what my opponent's players were doing that I didn't enjoy just watching the games. Wasn't a money thing, cause I think we all only put in like $20 for the year or something.
That makes sense. I'm kind of happy that my sons are doing it because it is forcing them to look at the whole picture and they are learning the game in the process. They really weren't all that interested in watching before anyway.
As long as they're having fun with it and it gets them excited to watch, it's a win/win.

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.
We had someone here who ran a big lottery pool for a bunch of people, gathering the money and buying tix. He ran it like a well-oiled machine, pre-pandemic. And he just recently decided it wasn't worth holding on to our money anymore, so he just refunded whatever balance we had left.
We had a lottery pool at work and I'm so glad we stopped. It was only 20 a month but people dropped out then it became more like 40 a month. It just was a hassle. I was only holding on because my luck would have it they would win if I dropped out.

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.
We had someone here who ran a big lottery pool for a bunch of people, gathering the money and buying tix. He ran it like a well-oiled machine, pre-pandemic. And he just recently decided it wasn't worth holding on to our money anymore, so he just refunded whatever balance we had left.
I'm curious about what that amounted to? Years ago I was friends with a guy that used a program to wheel combinations of numbers all based on the probabilities of them coming out. For example, if 11 came out the week prior, there was a high expectation that 15 would come out this week. Blah, blah, blah. I put in my $10 a week for a while. I think 6 or 7 of us participated and then eventually with the small winnings we would get each week, it was self sustained for almost a year. When it was time to contribute again, my friend got sick and we just stopped doing it. We never really saw a substantial winning and eventually Harry passed away. He was a good guy.

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.
We had someone here who ran a big lottery pool for a bunch of people, gathering the money and buying tix. He ran it like a well-oiled machine, pre-pandemic. And he just recently decided it wasn't worth holding on to our money anymore, so he just refunded whatever balance we had left.
We had a lottery pool at work and I'm so glad we stopped. It was only 20 a month but people dropped out then it became more like 40 a month. It just was a hassle. I was only holding on because my luck would have it they would win if I dropped out.
Hahaha. I hear you. I would tell my colleagues all the time that if I dropped out, they would win and I wasn't about to be that selfless.

[...]
That stinks.

We never won anything that would be considered impactful. Couple of dollars here and there. But it was only $2 a week, so no big loss, either. I considered it insurance against being the only one who had to come to work in case it ever hit. Lol

[...]

Exactly. So now I play $10 per week by myself because it gives me an excuse to leave the house and grab a couple of jalapeno and cream cheese taquitos. I don't really expect to ever win but I also know that I will never get the chance if I don't play at all.

Meeting time again. It's only my 2nd of 3 for today. Light day.

Meeting time again. It's only my 2nd of 3 for today. Light day.
Not to brag, but I'm in my 0nd of 0st meetings this week.

I'm putting a boiler back together and test firing. I do have a meeting tomorrow though
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6