CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 9/21/2021  (Read 3265 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/21/2021
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 07:58:19 AM »

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 07:59:55 AM »

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 08:05:24 AM »

Does anyone on here do fantasy football? I never did because it seems so time consuming. My sons are both doing it this year and that's all they seem to talk about. As far as I know three isn't money involved.
I did it for a few years, but I found that it took away from the fun of just watching football. I'd always be worried about what my players were doing, or what my opponent's players were doing that I didn't enjoy just watching the games. Wasn't a money thing, cause I think we all only put in like $20 for the year or something.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 08:06:51 AM »

And speaking of gambling, I need to get a new weekly schedule for picking up lottery tickets now that they've added a Monday Powerball.
We had someone here who ran a big lottery pool for a bunch of people, gathering the money and buying tix. He ran it like a well-oiled machine, pre-pandemic. And he just recently decided it wasn't worth holding on to our money anymore, so he just refunded whatever balance we had left.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 08:09:47 AM »

I did it for a few years, but I found that it took away from the fun of just watching football. I'd always be worried about what my players were doing, or what my opponent's players were doing that I didn't enjoy just watching the games. Wasn't a money thing, cause I think we all only put in like $20 for the year or something.
That makes sense. I'm kind of happy that my sons are doing it because it is forcing them to look at the whole picture and they are learning the game in the process. They really weren't all that interested in watching before anyway.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 08:16:43 AM »

I don't have the time for it but I know a couple that do it and it's very time consuming.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 08:19:54 AM »

That makes sense. I'm kind of happy that my sons are doing it because it is forcing them to look at the whole picture and they are learning the game in the process. They really weren't all that interested in watching before anyway.
As long as they're having fun with it and it gets them excited to watch, it's a win/win.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »

We had someone here who ran a big lottery pool for a bunch of people, gathering the money and buying tix. He ran it like a well-oiled machine, pre-pandemic. And he just recently decided it wasn't worth holding on to our money anymore, so he just refunded whatever balance we had left.
We had a lottery pool at work and I'm so glad we stopped. It was only 20 a month but people dropped out then it became more like 40 a month. It just was a hassle. I was only holding on because my luck would have it they would win if I dropped out.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 08:21:05 AM »

I'm curious about what that amounted to? Years ago I was friends with a guy that used a program to wheel combinations of numbers all based on the probabilities of them coming out. For example, if 11 came out the week prior, there was a high expectation that 15 would come out this week. Blah, blah, blah. I put in my $10 a week for a while. I think 6 or 7 of us participated and then eventually with the small winnings we would get each week, it was self sustained for almost a year. When it was time to contribute again, my friend got sick and we just stopped doing it. We never really saw a substantial winning and eventually Harry passed away. He was a good guy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 08:23:23 AM »

We had a lottery pool at work and I'm so glad we stopped. It was only 20 a month but people dropped out then it became more like 40 a month. It just was a hassle. I was only holding on because my luck would have it they would win if I dropped out.
Hahaha. I hear you. I would tell my colleagues all the time that if I dropped out, they would win and I wasn't about to be that selfless.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 08:37:41 AM »

I'm curious about what that amounted to? Years ago I was friends with a guy that used a program to wheel combinations of numbers all based on the probabilities of them coming out. For example, if 11 came out the week prior, there was a high expectation that 15 would come out this week. Blah, blah, blah. I put in my $10 a week for a while. I think 6 or 7 of us participated and then eventually with the small winnings we would get each week, it was self sustained for almost a year. When it was time to contribute again, my friend got sick and we just stopped doing it. We never really saw a substantial winning and eventually Harry passed away. He was a good guy.
That stinks.

We never won anything that would be considered impactful. Couple of dollars here and there. But it was only $2 a week, so no big loss, either. I considered it insurance against being the only one who had to come to work in case it ever hit. Lol

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 08:56:22 AM »

That stinks.

We never won anything that would be considered impactful. Couple of dollars here and there. But it was only $2 a week, so no big loss, either. I considered it insurance against being the only one who had to come to work in case it ever hit. Lol
Exactly. So now I play $10 per week by myself because it gives me an excuse to leave the house and grab a couple of jalapeno and cream cheese taquitos. I don't really expect to ever win but I also know that I will never get the chance if I don't play at all.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »

Meeting time again. It's only my 2nd of 3 for today. Light day.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 09:18:33 AM »

Meeting time again. It's only my 2nd of 3 for today. Light day.
Not to brag, but I'm in my 0nd of 0st meetings this week.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »

I'm putting a boiler back together and test firing. I do have a meeting tomorrow though
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6