CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 9/20/2021  (Read 3380 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/20/2021
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 07:04:40 AM »

JoeCigar's Jambalaya:

Brick House Fumas Toro (6.0"x52) - 20 / $44.99
Man O' War Valkyrie Torpedo (6.1"x54) - 5/ $27.50

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 07:05:08 AM »

Good morning, Dave. Hope you had a pleasant weekend.
Didn't have much on the docket, which was nice. Just a lounging around type of weekend. Youngest goes back to school today, so getting a little bit closer to being back to full normal.
We met up with some friends yesterday that we hadn't seen in almost 3 years. Their 4-year old has asthma so let's just say they are cautious...
Lol, totally understand.

Wife got her covid test back Saturday and it was negative, so at least she can go back to work this week.
So only the oldest daughter is still waiting for a negative result? How are the in-laws doing?
Haven't heard any updates from them on how they are. Still pretty run-down, I'm guessing.

Don't have to wait for the oldest to have a negative test, she just has to be out of school for 10 days since the date of her positive test. So she'll go back on Thursday.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 07:05:39 AM »

So after the boys' travel soccer game on Saturday we had the whole family rapid tested. My one son got a false positive again. We went through something similar during the summer.

We had him tested again using the molecular/PCR test which is supposed to be more accurate and it came back negative. It's always the same boy too. There must be something about his snot that makes the rapid test register him as positive.
He the same one clogging the toilet? Might want to have a doc run some tests on both ends.  ;D

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 07:07:34 AM »

Didn't have much on the docket, which was nice. Just a lounging around type of weekend. Youngest goes back to school today, so getting a little bit closer to being back to full normal.
We met up with some friends yesterday that we hadn't seen in almost 3 years. Their 4-year old has asthma so let's just say they are cautious...
Lol, totally understand.

Wife got her covid test back Saturday and it was negative, so at least she can go back to work this week.
So only the oldest daughter is still waiting for a negative result? How are the in-laws doing?
Haven't heard any updates from them on how they are. Still pretty run-down, I'm guessing.

Don't have to wait for the oldest to have a negative test, she just has to be out of school for 10 days since the date of her positive test. So she'll go back on Thursday.
That's interesting. I am hearing so many stories about how each school district around the country is doing things differently. One would think there would be more similarities based on CDC guidelines. Sheesh.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 07:12:16 AM »

So after the boys' travel soccer game on Saturday we had the whole family rapid tested. My one son got a false positive again. We went through something similar during the summer.

We had him tested again using the molecular/PCR test which is supposed to be more accurate and it came back negative. It's always the same boy too. There must be something about his snot that makes the rapid test register him as positive.
He the same one clogging the toilet? Might want to have a doc run some tests on both ends.  ;D
Hmmm. That might need some investigation. But since no one will ever admit that it was he that clogged the toilet, this requires someone more skilled than I. I'll have to get the Mrs on the case.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 07:13:35 AM »

Lol, totally understand.

That's interesting. I am hearing so many stories about how each school district around the country is doing things differently. One would think there would be more similarities based on CDC guidelines. Sheesh.
One would think. Especially when they kept telling me how they were using the state's guidelines for all this, then took 3 phone calls to get the dates right for when they could all go back to school. Sheesh, indeed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 07:14:35 AM »

Hmmm. That might need some investigation. But since no one will ever admit that it was he that clogged the toilet, this requires someone more skilled than I. I'll have to get the Mrs on the case.
She's probably the one doing it and blaming it on the kids. Trust no one!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 07:42:53 AM »

JoeCigar's Jambalaya:

Cohiba Macassar 6x54 (6.0"x54) - 5 / $34.99

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 07:44:05 AM »

LALTS! Almost LMAO but was afraid it would clog the toilet again.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2021, 07:53:14 AM »

At least you'd have given the plumber a hell of a story!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2021, 08:04:47 AM »

I always imagined that the banter would become so big that I would eventually have to purge the older posts. I have never really noticed a problem with performance or space so it's all still here. There have got to be some classic stories collected in the last 7 years. I wonder if I could get them published into a book of short stories.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 08:07:41 AM »

JoeCigar's Jambalaya:

#68: Nica Libre and Nica Libre x AGANORSA - 10 / $29.99
includes:
5 - Nica Libre Toro (6" x 54)
5 - Nica Libre x AGANORSA Toro (6" x 52)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2021, 08:38:32 AM »

I always imagined that the banter would become so big that I would eventually have to purge the older posts. I have never really noticed a problem with performance or space so it's all still here. There have got to be some classic stories collected in the last 7 years. I wonder if I could get them published into a book of short stories.
Put me down for a pre-order copy.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »

JoeCigar's Jambalaya:

#68: Nica Libre and Nica Libre x AGANORSA - 10 / $29.99
includes:
5 - Nica Libre Toro (6" x 54)
5 - Nica Libre x AGANORSA Toro (6" x 52)
Camacho Nicaraguan Barrel Aged Robusto (5.0"x50) - 5 / $24.99

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2021, 08:52:52 AM »

Put me down for a pre-order copy.
Can you imagine the research and editing required? 345924 Posts over 2500+ days. The acknowledgements alone would fill a book.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6