Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 11:23:42 AM »

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2021, 11:24:13 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
His procedure is on the 11th.

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2021, 11:25:30 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
Morning Rick.
I believe it's next week.....12th if I recall.
Tendon repair.

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2021, 11:26:05 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
Morning Rick.
I believe it's next week.....12th if I recall.
Tendon repair.
Well....12th was close....

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2021, 11:28:18 AM »

Young woman from Trenton, NJ won the 800M in 1 minute 56.21 seconds.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/31948796/athing-mu-19-wins-gold-us-women-800-meters
First woman from NJ to win Olympic gold in track.  That may be short lived however as Sydney Mclaughlin runs the 400M hurdles later.

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2021, 11:35:27 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
Morning Rick.
I believe it's next week.....12th if I recall.
Tendon repair.
Good morning and thank you guys.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2021, 11:36:16 AM »

Young woman from Trenton, NJ won the 800M in 1 minute 56.21 seconds.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/31948796/athing-mu-19-wins-gold-us-women-800-meters
Perhaps she was envisioning some pork roll at the finish line? It would work for me.

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
I don't know the details but I recall he said there was a surgery on the 11th.

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2021, 11:43:21 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
Morning Rick.
I believe it's next week.....12th if I recall.
Tendon repair.
Good morning and thank you guys.
I was a little late to reply, once again.

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2021, 12:24:33 PM »

Young woman from Trenton, NJ won the 800M in 1 minute 56.21 seconds.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/31948796/athing-mu-19-wins-gold-us-women-800-meters
Perhaps she was envisioning some pork roll at the finish line? It would work for me.
What more motivation does ANYONE need???

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2021, 12:26:01 PM »

Young woman from Trenton, NJ won the 800M in 1 minute 56.21 seconds.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/trackandfield/story/_/id/31948796/athing-mu-19-wins-gold-us-women-800-meters
Perhaps she was envisioning some pork roll at the finish line? It would work for me.
What more motivation does ANYONE need???
You're motivating me now.

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2021, 12:37:11 PM »

Morning, muchachos.  The brutality of the past week is ending, thank God.

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »

The Tony Over/Under for today is 10.
I knew 12.
Well look at you!
12 here to, using the criteria I could describe them from memory.  I get 13 if you count that I've heard the guy from Collective Soul on the radio.

This is a competition, right?

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2021, 12:59:10 PM »

So here's the story of the last week.  Last Tuesday at 9am people at work went apeshit.  The Washington Electronic Lab Reporting System suddenly was discovered to be processing data at half speed.  Shit.  I pull up the server dashboards.  Everything looks normal.  One of my guys notices that our twice-weekly index rebuild job on that server has been failing for weeks, and before I can stop him he shares that information.  Now all the ape-shit is flying and fingers are pointing in my direction.  Good times.  And my guy is manually rebuilding indexes all over the place.

"Justin," I tell my guy.  "The job didn't really fail. I monitor index fragmentation, and I know that all of the WELRS indexes are under 15% fragmented.  The job reports an error, but it's on a test database that is the last thing it rebuilds."

"Shit," says Justin.

So now it's all our fault, and, among all the other tasks we're assigned, Justin and I have to now "fix" this, even though it's not our problem.  Except Justin isn't on the IMT, so he logs off on Friday night at 6pm, and he goes on leave.  So I fight with this bad boy all weekend, and every metric I dig through in SQL Server says the same thing - the server has been performing at the same level for months.  There is no explanation for the slowdown in WELRS processing.  The application wasn't changed, the database wasn't changed, the server wasn't changed.  There's been significant data growth, but it was designed to handle that.  I know because my late friend Scott built it.  So, yesterday morning, we scream for - I mean, file a support ticket with - Microsoft.  And we're waiting for them to answer when, lo and behold, about noon, one of the application guys for WELRS says, "Uh...I'm not sure what's happening here, but processing has returned to normal.  It returned to normal at 9am. Did you guys do something?"

"I didn't do shit, and neither did anyone on my team, I can guarantee it!" says I.  "Did YOU do something?"

Nobody did anything.  And by end of day, not only had processing returned to "normal," it had returned to the performance level it had when the data was half the size it is now.  No explanation.  No change in the code.  No change in the SQL Server.  No change in the database.  At 9am last Tuesday the system started processing data at half speed.  At 9am yesterday it returned to normal.  Better than normal.

And this is what fucked up my weekend and the vacation I'm supposed to be on.

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2021, 01:11:12 PM »

[...]

Sounds like whatever rain was holding up the issue finally let up. Sounds like a rough week, though.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5