Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 09:50:42 AM »

Ten years ago: Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak denied all charges against him as he went on trial for alleged corruption and complicity in the deaths of protesters who’d helped drive him from power. (Mubarak and his security chief were sentenced to life in prison for failing to prevent the killing of hundreds of protesters; they were cleared by a higher court, but Mubarak was later sentenced to three years for corruption.) The Muscular Dystrophy Association announced that Jerry Lewis was no longer its national chairman and would not be appearing on the Labor Day telethon. Former NFL star and actor Bubba Smith died at age 66.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama cut short the sentences of 214 federal inmates, including 67 life sentences, in what the White House called the largest batch of commutations on a single day in more than a century. An Emirates Boeing 777 crash-landed in Dubai and caught fire; all 300 people on board survived, but one firefighter was killed.

One year ago: The St. Louis Cardinals became the second team sidelined by the coronavirus since the shortened baseball season began July 23; seven Cardinals players and six staff members tested positive, causing the team’s four-game series at Detroit to be postponed. (The Miami Marlins would resume play the following day after missing a week of games.) A Norwegian cruise ship line halted all trips after a coronavirus outbreak on one ship infected more than 40 people on board, most of them crew members; the cruise line had been one of the first companies to resume sailing during the pandemic.

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2021, 09:55:17 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Football Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy is 96.
Singer Tony Bennett is 95.
Actor Martin Sheen is 81.
College and Pro Football Hall of Famer Lance Alworth is 81.
 Lifestyle guru Martha Stewart is 80.
Singer Beverly Lee (The Shirelles) is 80.
Movie director John Landis is 71.
Actor JoMarie Payton is 71.
Actor Jay North (TV: “Dennis the Menace”) is 70.
Hockey Hall-of-Famer Marcel Dionne is 70.
Actor Philip Casnoff is 67.
Actor John C. McGinley is 62.
Rock singer-musician Lee Rocker (The Stray Cats) is 60.
Actor Lisa Ann Walter is 60.
Rock singer James Hetfield (Metallica) is 58.
Rock singer-musician Ed Roland (Collective Soul) is 58.
Actor Isaiah Washington is 58.
Country musician Dean Sams (Lonestar) is 55.
Rock musician Stephen Carpenter (Deftones) is 51.
Hip-hop artist Spinderella (Salt-N-Pepa) is 50.
Actor Brigid Brannagh is 49.
Actor Michael Ealy is 48.
Country musician Jimmy De Martini (Zac Brown Band) is 45.
NFL quarterback Tom Brady is 44.
Actor Evangeline (ee-VAN’-gel-een) Lilly is 42.
Actor Mamie Gummer is 38.
Olympic gold medal swimmer Ryan Lochte is 37.
Country singer Whitney Duncan is 37.
Actor Jon Foster is 37.
Actor Georgina Haig is 36.
Actor Tanya Fischer is 36.
Pop-rock musician Brent Kutzle (OneRepublic) is 36.
Rapper Shelley FKA DRAM is 33.

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 09:55:46 AM »

The Tony Over/Under for today is 10.

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »

The whole family woke up early to see Simone Biles and then it didn't seem to air on any of the channels we have.

I made the most of it by watching Brazil vs. Mexico in the soccer semis. Another game that ended in penalty kicks.

Next up, more soccer but I'm choosing to go back to bed for a bit. I can always watch the highlights of Japan vs. Spain later.
Bet that bronze medal means more to her than all the others.

Best to watch soccer highlights.  Cut out the incessant midfield dribbling and back-passing and the match is only about 10 minutes long.
Quite true.

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2021, 10:24:10 AM »

The Tony Over/Under for today is 10.
I knew 12.

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2021, 10:40:25 AM »

The Tony Over/Under for today is 10.
I knew 12.
I was gonna say, that was a pretty stacked list today.

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »

Currently stuck in IT hell. Having trouble with one of my systems, and so far 2 hours in, no idea what's wrong. At least the work load is easy. Lol

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 10:50:43 AM »

Currently stuck in IT hell. Having trouble with one of my systems, and so far 2 hours in, no idea what's wrong. At least the work load is easy. Lol
Is it raining?

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2021, 11:10:13 AM »

Currently stuck in IT hell. Having trouble with one of my systems, and so far 2 hours in, no idea what's wrong. At least the work load is easy. Lol
Is it raining?
Lol, they ARE trying, but this person can't seem to figure out the issue. Nearly 2.5 hours at this point.

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2021, 11:12:22 AM »

Currently stuck in IT hell. Having trouble with one of my systems, and so far 2 hours in, no idea what's wrong. At least the work load is easy. Lol
Is it raining?
Lol, they ARE trying, but this person can't seem to figure out the issue. Nearly 2.5 hours at this point.
Did you try rebooting?

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2021, 11:15:56 AM »

Sis:

Door #1 - Romeo 505 Nicaragua Toro - 10/49.99

Door #2 - Obsidian White Noise Toro Extra - 10/34.99

Door #3 - Joya de Nicaragua Copper Toro - 5/24.99
Was disappointed with the JdN Copper.  Probably my least favorite of the "color" series.
Agree, only one good in the color series is red

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2021, 11:20:13 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2021, 11:20:53 AM »

Is Dean having some type of procedure this week? Maybe someone can PM me???
I don't know how that emoji got in there.

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »

Currently stuck in IT hell. Having trouble with one of my systems, and so far 2 hours in, no idea what's wrong. At least the work load is easy. Lol
Is it raining?
Lol, they ARE trying, but this person can't seem to figure out the issue. Nearly 2.5 hours at this point.
Did you try rebooting?
And deleting my cookies, too!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5